Potts & Pans Steelband Reviews

79 | Crystal Lake, IL

79 Reviews for Potts & Pans Steelband

sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

I always wanted a steel drum band for my big day. And it was a fabulous accent to my cocktail hour.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Thanks Sarah,
    We really had a lot of fun providing music for you and your guests. Thanks for the great tune suggestions and expanding our repertoire!
  • F

Fiona · Married on 05/14/2016

This review is long overdue. First let me say, Potts and Pans are PHENOMENAL:). My husband is Haitian and I’m Trinidadian and from the moment we got engaged, I knew I wanted a ‘panman’ at our wedding. We hired Matt, Christina and Anthony to play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and I’m sooooo happy that we did. They had our wedding guests singing and hyped up for the reception, and they even got the older folks (like my parents and the in laws) dancing which was awesome!! I could hear the singing and the music from the ceremony room while the hubby and I took pics and wanted to hustle so I could get some food and join the party:). Throughout our wedding preparations, there was never a time where we were worried about what Matt and his team would perform for us. After we heard them play Lucy and Happiest man alive at our initial meeting, it definitely sealed the deal for us. Our wedding guests were mostly young 20-30something Caribbean people, and the only requirement for Matt and his team was that the music be recent, festive and recognizable to our guests (translation: plenty soca and calypso….lol) which it was. It was really great working with Potts and Pans, and Roby and I couldn’t be happier with choosing them as one of our wedding vendors!!! Money well spent

Excellent program. This is a wonderful community resource. The presenters were very knowledgeable and have such passion for their music.

• Z

Zeev · Married on 10/11/2015

My experience with Potts & Pans is probably atypical in that we rented pans but not players, since I did the music and my best friends, all pan players, did the performance. Knowing that I wanted pan at the ceremony, I had been so stressed trying to find instruments...until I got in touch with Matt. He was so easy to work with and flexible, dropping off the pans before the ceremony so that we had enough time to rehearse and picking them up afterwards - the whole experience was so easy and seamless. In the midst of wedding craziness it was such a relief to know that Matt was so professional and reliable. I would absolutely work with Potts & Pans again the next time I need instruments.

Aaron · Married on 10/03/2015

Great job entertaining us. My wife was shocked and loved you guys. Thanks again. Highly recommended

Cindy · Married on 07/11/2015

He made everything better! He was very professional and responsive. We would rehire!

Kathleen · Married on 07/11/2015

Anthony was terrific! The music was just what we had asked for and all of my guests were enthralled to have something different at a wedding. I would highly recommend him for any occasion.
    Job well done, thank you!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thanks Kathleen! Your ceremony was fantastic, I was thrilled to be a part of your big day!

--AJH

steve · Married on 12/20/2014

very flexible - professional and excellent music selection

Matt was the steel drummer during my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Our theme was "modern beach" so it was the perfect touch to our special day. Matt was beyond amazing!!! He learned a song that I wanted him to play ((super last minute)) while the bridal party walked down the aisle with only a week before the wedding! Throughout the whole process I felt as though he paid attention to detail and really wanted to ensure my day was as best as he could make it!

Nakia · Married on 09/13/2014

Matt was very prompt in replying within 24hrs and very personable and professional. He fit perfectly into our Island themed Bon Voyage wedding reception and even wore our colors. Our guests loved the steel pans during cocktail hour and we would definitely hire him again!

Emily · Married on 08/30/2014

Potts & Pans was the perfect fit for our beach wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan. We had Anthony come and preform for the ceremony and cocktail hour on our big day. He came early to set up and was very professional. My husband and I would recommend Potts & Pans to anyone looking for something different and memorable for any occasion.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thanks Emily - Your Wedding was awesome, thanks for including us!

--AJH

john · Married on 08/30/2014

couldn't have asked for anything better

Kalanikae · Married on 08/16/2014

I had been planning my ceremony music with Potts & Pans for about a year. Every single time I emailed or called, I got a response within a business day or two. The song list they have is long and fun! I had a Caribbean themed wedding so I wanted to make sure they knew how to play whatever I came up with, and they delivered! Anthony played the entire time leading up to our guest arrival, ceremony, to the time the guests headed to cocktail hour. The music made mine and my husband's ceremony personal, unique, and creative. These guys are professional and extremely talented! Would not have changed a thing about it!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Kalani, Thank you so much! We were happy to take part in your wedding, it was a great event :D

--Anthony Jay Houston

Kathleen · Married on 07/26/2014

Matt Potts handled all interactions with exceptional professionalism. He accomodated all of our requests and kept on schedule with the flexibility to stay longer depending on our guests. The steel pan sound was light-hearted and festive, perfect for our post wedding party!

Linda · Married on 07/19/2014

Booked Matt Potts by just viewing his website and boy were we happy we did! Not only was he prompt and ready to go when my guests arrived, but he has a great personality and his music was outstanding! I have to say, probably the biggest highlight of our hour reception! I received so many compliments from our guests how much they enjoyed the steel drum! Our theme was tropical and with that music, it was absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thanks Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed performing for you, your daughter and all your guests!

Jana · Married on 06/28/2014

Potts and Pans spent many hours before my daughters wedding communicating with us and making plans. My daughter, her fiancé and I attended one of their events when they had a training for other area steel pan bands throughout the Midwest. Not only is this band passionate about their services, they are also into teaching steel pan groups throughout the area. We saw the concert at the culmination of their training day where all bands attending played together. It was obvious that Potts and Pans knowledge and enthusiasm had rubbed off on the members of other participants. We left there very excited and sure that we had found the fit for music at our wedding event.
    A couple months before the wedding, the band started communicating with the bride and groom regarding the type of music as well as specific selections that they would like for the ceremony as well as the cocktail hour following the ceremony. They can play a wide variety of music, from, Cannon in D to jazz, and pop music . We were so pleased with their performance. They set the tone and created the beautiful atmosphere of the ceremony. We had many compliments from the wedding guests regarding the performance of this group. Their price was fair,and they totally were flexible about providing wireless microphones, etc.
    I would highly recommend this awesome group of passionate musicians for any event! Great job!

I definitely recommend Potts & Pans to anyone planning an event. They did a great job at our wedding and were very flexible to work with. They have a good sound. I hired them as a trio and liked that one of the players switched from playing xylophone during the wedding ceremony to percussion during the banquet to give the music a different flavor. They catered all of the music to everything that I was hoping for and even learned a song for the ceremony.

Kimberley · Married on 08/23/2013

Matt and his band members did an exceptionally great job preparing and playing at my daughter's wedding. We had the opportunity to work with them on some surprise special songs and they did a wonderful job. They played an assortment of music on the steel drums that you would not expect and it was a great treat to be able to add them to the evening. I would highly recommend Potts and Pans. They were affordable, professional and a great addition to the wedding.

Julie · Married on 08/10/2013

We hired Matt Potts for our afternoon wedding reception. We were looking for a steel drum for background music to add to our Caribbean themed reception. He was outstanding! His music set the tone, was not over-powering, and the guests were very impressed! He was prompt, professional, and did an overall outstanding job. I would hire him again.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Thanks Julie,
    I loved performing for you and your guests. You, your husband, and all the people I talked to throughout the event were so pleasant, it made my job very enjoyable. Thank you and congratulations!
    Matt

Paige · Married on 05/31/2013

Working with this group was a great experience! The band was more than willing to arrange songs that I had specially requested. They arrived and set up promptly at both the ceremony and reception maintaining a very professional attitude. The group also responded well to changes that had to be made last minute in the schedule. This group was a lot of fun to have at my wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thanks Paige, we had a lot of fun at your wedding too! We wish the best for both you and Mark.

Jim · Married on 11/10/2012

Matt Potts played steel drums for our cocktail hour and it absolutely felt like we were in the carribean! We received compliment and after compliment for our cocktail music from our guests. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you again Matt!

Katherine · event on: 06/19/2013

Matt was great. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Thanks Kate,
    I hope to work with Courtyard Chicago O'Hare again!

Sylvia · event on: 06/23/2013

Sylvia · event on: 06/22/2013

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the duo. Had lots of positive feedback. It was an outdoor venue with 150 in attendance. The volume was perfect for both enjoying the music and being able to visit with friends and relatives.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thank you for having us Sylvia! We really enjoyed performing for you and your family/friends.

Kathy · event on: 08/24/2013

Anthony (Houston) of Potts & Pans was a pleasure to work with and his sound was fantastic. His music brought the light, Caribbean feel that we wanted. It wasn't obtrusive; it simply added to the festive atmosphere.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Potts & Pans Steelband's reply:

Thanks Kathy! It was great to play for you and everyone else in attendance, and I really hope the silent auction was a huge success for Food for the Poor! We are all quite pleased that you chose to include Potts & Pans in such an excellent event!