79 Reviews for Potts & Pans

25 Potts & Pans Reviews

I always wanted a steel drum band for my big day. And it was a fabulous accent to my cocktail hour.

Profile Picture sarah, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

This review is long overdue. First let me say, Potts and Pans are PHENOMENAL:). My husband is Haitian and I’m Trinidadian and from the moment we got engaged, I knew I wanted a ‘panman’ at our wedding. We hired Matt, Christina and Anthony to play during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and I’m sooooo happy that we did. They had our wedding guests singing and hyped up for the reception, and they even got the older folks (like my parents and the in laws) dancing which was awesome!! I could hear the singing and the music from the ceremony room while the hubby and I took pics and wanted to hustle so I could get some food and join the party:). Throughout our wedding preparations, there was never a time where we were worried about what Matt and his team would perform for us. After we heard them play Lucy and Happiest man alive at our initial meeting, it definitely sealed the deal for us. Our wedding guests were mostly young 20-30something Caribbean people, and the only requirement for Matt and his team was that the music be recent, festive and recognizable to our guests (translation: plenty soca and calypso….lol) which it was. It was really great working with Potts and Pans, and Roby and I couldn’t be happier with choosing them as one of our wedding vendors!!! Money well spent

Profile Picture Fiona, 5/14/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

Excellent program. This is a wonderful community resource. The presenters were very knowledgeable and have such passion for their music.

Profile Picture User6511278, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My experience with Potts & Pans is probably atypical in that we rented pans but not players, since I did the music and my best friends, all pan players, did the performance. Knowing that I wanted pan at the ceremony, I had been so stressed trying to find instruments...until I got in touch with Matt. He was so easy to work with and flexible, dropping off the pans before the ceremony so that we had enough time to rehearse and picking them up afterwards - the whole experience was so easy and seamless. In the midst of wedding craziness it was such a relief to know that Matt was so professional and reliable. I would absolutely work with Potts & Pans again the next time I need instruments.

Profile Picture Zeev, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Unique Services (Other)

Great job entertaining us. My wife was shocked and loved you guys. Thanks again. Highly recommended

Profile Picture Aaron, 10/3/15, 1 Review

This band was just the very best. It was my 40th
Anniversary party and they made it very special
My guest are still talking about it!!!!

Profile Picture User5479889, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Potts & Pans provided a fantastic educational and entertaining program for our public library. The audience loved them and enjoyed dancing along in their chairs. The program is interactive, and I recommend them.

Profile Picture Stacy, 8/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

He made everything better! He was very professional and responsive. We would rehire!

Profile Picture Cindy, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Anthony was terrific! The music was just what we had asked for and all of my guests were enthralled to have something different at a wedding. I would highly recommend him for any occasion.
Job well done, thank you!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

very flexible - professional and excellent music selection

Profile Picture steve, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Matt was the steel drummer during my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Our theme was "modern beach" so it was the perfect touch to our special day. Matt was beyond amazing!!! He learned a song that I wanted him to play ((super last minute)) while the bridal party walked down the aisle with only a week before the wedding! Throughout the whole process I felt as though he paid attention to detail and really wanted to ensure my day was as best as he could make it!

Profile Picture User3278335, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Matt was very prompt in replying within 24hrs and very personable and professional. He fit perfectly into our Island themed Bon Voyage wedding reception and even wore our colors. Our guests loved the steel pans during cocktail hour and we would definitely hire him again!

Profile Picture Nakia, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Potts & Pans was the perfect fit for our beach wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan. We had Anthony come and preform for the ceremony and cocktail hour on our big day. He came early to set up and was very professional. My husband and I would recommend Potts & Pans to anyone looking for something different and memorable for any occasion.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

couldn't have asked for anything better

Profile Picture john, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I had been planning my ceremony music with Potts & Pans for about a year. Every single time I emailed or called, I got a response within a business day or two. The song list they have is long and fun! I had a Caribbean themed wedding so I wanted to make sure they knew how to play whatever I came up with, and they delivered! Anthony played the entire time leading up to our guest arrival, ceremony, to the time the guests headed to cocktail hour. The music made mine and my husband's ceremony personal, unique, and creative. These guys are professional and extremely talented! Would not have changed a thing about it!

Profile Picture Kalanikae, 8/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Matt Potts handled all interactions with exceptional professionalism. He accomodated all of our requests and kept on schedule with the flexibility to stay longer depending on our guests. The steel pan sound was light-hearted and festive, perfect for our post wedding party!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Booked Matt Potts by just viewing his website and boy were we happy we did! Not only was he prompt and ready to go when my guests arrived, but he has a great personality and his music was outstanding! I have to say, probably the biggest highlight of our hour reception! I received so many compliments from our guests how much they enjoyed the steel drum! Our theme was tropical and with that music, it was absolutely amazing!!

Profile Picture Linda, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Potts and Pans spent many hours before my daughters wedding communicating with us and making plans. My daughter, her fiancé and I attended one of their events when they had a training for other area steel pan bands throughout the Midwest. Not only is this band passionate about their services, they are also into teaching steel pan groups throughout the area. We saw the concert at the culmination of their training day where all bands attending played together. It was obvious that Potts and Pans knowledge and enthusiasm had rubbed off on the members of other participants. We left there very excited and sure that we had found the fit for music at our wedding event.
A couple months before the wedding, the band started communicating with the bride and groom regarding the type of music as well as specific selections that they would like for the ceremony as well as the cocktail hour following the ceremony. They can play a wide variety of music, from, Cannon in D to jazz, and pop music . We were so pleased with their performance. They set the tone and created the beautiful atmosphere of the ceremony. We had many compliments from the wedding guests regarding the performance of this group. Their price was fair,and they totally were flexible about providing wireless microphones, etc.
I would highly recommend this awesome group of passionate musicians for any event! Great job!

Profile Picture Jana, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I worked with Matt Potts a lot on the songs I wanted for our ceremony. They sounded good in the clips he sent me. He works with you really well on what you want. He ended up not being able to play at our wedding bc he was in a wedding the same day but he made sure Anthony, who was playing instead, was up to speed and he did a good job. Only thing was his speaker went out before I made my walk all the way down the aisle which obviously sucked, but wasn't his fault. He quickly fixed the issue before he had to play again. That is my only complaint, otherwise I really loved having the steel drums played!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/10/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I definitely recommend Potts & Pans to anyone planning an event. They did a great job at our wedding and were very flexible to work with. They have a good sound. I hired them as a trio and liked that one of the players switched from playing xylophone during the wedding ceremony to percussion during the banquet to give the music a different flavor. They catered all of the music to everything that I was hoping for and even learned a song for the ceremony.

Profile Picture User3526254, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Matt and his band members did an exceptionally great job preparing and playing at my daughter's wedding. We had the opportunity to work with them on some surprise special songs and they did a wonderful job. They played an assortment of music on the steel drums that you would not expect and it was a great treat to be able to add them to the evening. I would highly recommend Potts and Pans. They were affordable, professional and a great addition to the wedding.

Profile Picture Kimberley, 8/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We hired Matt Potts for our afternoon wedding reception. We were looking for a steel drum for background music to add to our Caribbean themed reception. He was outstanding! His music set the tone, was not over-powering, and the guests were very impressed! He was prompt, professional, and did an overall outstanding job. I would hire him again.

Profile Picture Julie, 8/10/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Working with this group was a great experience! The band was more than willing to arrange songs that I had specially requested. They arrived and set up promptly at both the ceremony and reception maintaining a very professional attitude. The group also responded well to changes that had to be made last minute in the schedule. This group was a lot of fun to have at my wedding!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Matt Potts played steel drums for our cocktail hour and it absolutely felt like we were in the carribean! We received compliment and after compliment for our cocktail music from our guests. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you again Matt!

Profile Picture Jim, 11/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The steel pan added a really unique touch to my wedding, I would recommend Matt Potts for a wedding musician. The music was beautiful.

Profile Picture User2627979, 2+ years ago, 1 Review