Potomac Point Winery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Tricia
    Tricia G. Married on 10/24/2020

We can’t wait to get married here!

My fiancé and I had the most incredible experience with Potomac Point Winery from our first email exchange to when we decided “this is it” and signed our paperwork within the hour of viewing the entire winery. It’s stunning, and truly a hidden gem (as others have said!) We can’t wait to show our family and friends the beautiful venue.
  • Sayaka
    Sayaka G. Married on 10/17/2020

Full package

We feel so lucky to have a friend recommend PPW for our wedding venue. As a couple who had their wedding plans flipped on their head by COVID-19, we were thankful to work with PPW on our adjusted plans. Their venue coordinator, Sydney is a complete rockstar - so laid back and experienced with all things that go into planning a wedding. After meeting her in person for the first time at our rehearsal the day before the wedding, I told my then-fiancé that she made me feel like I could relax and know that things we're going to run smooth. She was so flexible, helpful, and relaxed on our big day. The banquet team was equally amazing - everyone was super professional and kind. Not to mention a gorgeous venue. Thank you to the PPW team for everything - highly recommend getting married there!
    Johnny W. Married on 09/05/2020

Best wedding ever!!

We just held my sisters wedding here, and it was flawless!!!! The staff really knows what they are doing. Sydney was amazing and held us all together!!! She had to heard a group of us groomsmen and she did a fantastic job keeping us in check. None of it would have been possible without her. Thank you so much Sydney! And another huge thank you to Jonathan!!! I believe he was one of the manager, and he was so helpful and nice. He kept the whole thing together on the big night! I know it is a lot of work to keep up with a wedding, and they all did so awesome!
  • Tanya
    Tanya L. Married on 08/15/2020

Covid wedding

My husband and I are so happy we chose Potomac Port Winery as our venue for our wedding. The event event coordinator (Sydney & Chelsea) helped us every step of the way from the moment we booked our wedding day to the second our wedding was over. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food they catered for us was amazing. Our family and friends had such a great time just as my husband I did as well. We’re so happy we had our wedding here and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to get married in a gorgeous location.
  • Y
    Yi Li Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect place for the best day

Potomac Point Winery made our best evening one to remember and treasure forever. From the planning phase to the execution phase, Sydney and her team were absolutely marvelous in accommodations us and making the whole process easy. Best of all they gave us comfort and kept us sane when we have doubts ourselves. Looking back now we had nothing to worry from the beginning.

On the wedding day, we had so much fun. The fall scenery was breathtaking, the food was nothing short of perfection, and the service was unparalleled to anything we experienced. Every step was meticulously executed, which allow us and our wedding party to actually enjoy the day. Sydney, her team, and Potomac Point Winery have our utmost recommendations!
    Chris Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful venue with amazing food

Potomac Point Winery was a fantastic place for our wedding. Their staff are incredibly helpful and easy to work with, the location was beautiful, and our guests raved about the food (and the wine!). They also have a great list of recommended vendors that we worked with who were experienced, knowledgeable, and efficient. There is lots of space to get ready during the day, and lots of options to customize the event for your preferences. The day went very smoothly and we had a great time!
  • Briana
    Briana Married on 09/22/2019

My dream wedding came true!

From start to finish, Potomac Point Winery was absolutely perfect. It was only the second place we visited but we knew immediately after meeting with Chelsea this was the one. The venue is gorgeous inside and out, so you do not need to purchase a ton of décor, the catering and wine was amazing and the staff's customer service was always on point. They were always very responsive even when you have a thousand questions like me lol and the day of, Sydney did everything to ensure it was completely stress free and fun! We received so many compliments from our guests about how perfect it was. I highly recommend Potomac Point to anyone looking for a romantic and stress free experience!
    Shanna Married on 12/20/2018

Winter Winery Wedding

Sydney and her team made all of our dreams come true for our special day. It was worth every penny.
    Renee Married on 12/15/2018

Greg and Renee's Vineyard Vows

Greg and I went to three vineyards before we toured Potomac Point. We fell in love with this venue the moment we saw it. The staff were warm and friendly and immediately set out to make our dreams come true. Chelsea provided us with a very informative tour of the property and ceremony options. After we decided on having our wedding at the vineyard, Sydney assisted us with the planning. She was extremely patient and accommodating. She went above and beyond and eased any anxiety that I had. We loved our planning experiences with Sydney so much that we later moved our rehearsal dinner from the original location to the venue, and we began frequenting the Bistro too. Our wine tasting with JoJo was also an enjoyable experience. We were so excited that he was our bartender at the wedding. Everyone loved his energy. He was the icing on the cake. We can tell that he enjoys his job. The wedding and rehearsal banquet captain, Jonathan, was also amazing. He kept everything moving and addressed All of our needs. Compliments to the chef. From the tasting to the rehearsal dinner and wedding, everything tasted amazing!!! I said all this to say that we had a wonderful experience. We thank the entire team for making our wedding planning experience and wedding unforgettable. Greg and I are extremely grateful our Wedding Coordinator, banquet captain, bartender, and everyone who helped make our day special. You could not ask for a better group of people to be a part of your wedding preparations and wedding. Cheers!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding Location

Potomac Point Winery was the perfect location for our dream fall wedding! From the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and then the reception Sydney and her staff helped create the perfect setting. Sydney was amazing to work with and extremely quick when responding to questions. She was always helpful with any parts of the planning process and took care of so many tasks on our wedding day. The food was incredible, and they even made a special plate of mac and cheese for me as it is my favorite! They served our favorite wines and we are so happy to be wine club members, so we can still receive wines that were served at our wedding. Thank you again for creating the perfect setting for the perfect wedding day!
    Michelle S. Married on 10/27/2018

Gorgeous venue and phenomenal staff

First of all, the coordinator here at this winery is the sweetest and most patient woman. She has been pivotal in making our wedding come to life and have everything go so smoothly and stress free. Second, the venue is gorgeous - when my husband and I walked in for a tour a year ago, we decided then that this was the place to hold our wedding. We don't regret it at all. Our guests were amazed at how beautiful the venue was all around, the food catered from the onsite bistro was delicious, and there were numerous options available for the wedding like s'mores, mulled wine, and grape stomping. And the wine? Always glorious.
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 10/12/2018

Simply amazing!

I cannot say enough great things about this venue! Every person we worked with at the venue was absolutely amazing and attentive to every detail. Sydney, the venue coordinator, is wonderful and made sure our big day was flawless. She answered all of my questions and provided helpful feedback quickly and efficiently. The winery itself is a dream wedding venue and the staff adds its overall beauty!
    Christine Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful & Perfect

Potomac Point was everything we dreamed of. The staff helped us every step of the way & answered all of our questions. Food was awesome.
    Brittney Married on 09/02/2018
    I would give Potomac Point Winery & Vineyard a million stars if I could. Our wedding day and the months leading up to our big day was total perfection! Sydney and Chelsea were absolutely amazing to work with, they answered all my little questions fast and with tons of experience behind the answers (you can ask anything and they will always do whatever they can to help! No matter how small and silly the question/want/need may be). Sydney and her team were wonderful the day of the wedding, they set up all the decor, tables, aisle, everything! I had nothing to worry about at all (I was completely care free the whole day and got to enjoy every second with my family), our wedding was beautiful (the pictures are stunning!) and all our guests had an amazing time! The ceremony was on a very hot/humid day and immediately after the ceremony, there were golf carts available to drive our quests up to the winery! So thankful for that!!) Food was to die for! Of course the wine was delicious! It was truly the best day of our lives and Potomac Point made that happen! If you want a perfect, elegant, classy, winery wedding, Potomac Point is exactly the right venue! With Sydney and her team, it is guaranteed that you will have the best wedding day and beyond that you could ever imagine!
    Lauren Married on 08/18/2018
    Potomac Point Winery is PHENOMENAL. The venue is stunning, from the rolling vineyards to the elegant ballroom, and is sure to wow your guests no matter the season. The bridal salon is well suited to get ready in, with plenty of space for bridesmaids and mothers to move about. The first look spot location allows for an intimate moment with your future spouse, beautifully set overlooking the vineyard. Sydney, the coordinator, made the planning process easy. She communicated with clear answers, worked with the chef to customize the menus for us, patiently walked through any questions/concerns we had, and was always willing to help, all with a positive attitude. Sydney went above and beyond with our set-up, allowing us to drop off most of our decorations the day before our wedding so that we could arrive the day of with less baggage. The day of, we felt so at ease knowing that the team at Potomac Point were there to guide our vendors and take care of our needs, from a glass of wine to a plate of food. I felt incredibly relaxed on my wedding day and a huge part of that was because of the team at Potomac Point Winery. Our wedding day was more than we could ever dream of and we cannot thank the winery enough for playing such a huge role in that!
  • Brieanna
    Brieanna Married on 04/21/2018

Absolutely Amazing

We had a perfect wedding at Potomac Point and wouldn’t have changed a thing! Sydney and her team were incredible! She made sure everything was were it needed to be, which really helped relieve a lot of the stress of the day. The food and drinks were excellent too. My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves and our guests couldn’t stop talking about what a great time they had. We truly have no regrets about having our wedding at PPW!
    Jenn Married on 03/16/2018
    Amazing place and amazing people!! We can’t wait to have our wedding here in May!!!
    Jo Married on 10/14/2017
    Potomac Point Winery has to be one of the most beautiful hidden gems of Northern Virginia! My husband and I recently held our wedding at PPW and could not be happier! The entire staff at PPW is welcoming and personable. Chelsea assisted us in the beginning with a tour of the grounds and answering what seemed to be a million questions. We then had a seamless transition to Sydney - our venue coordinator who became such an integral part of the planning process and the 'big day'. We could not have imagined this process without Chelsea, Sydney, and the entire staff who worked tirelessly to ensure our day was perfect. Everything felt so easy, stress free, and smooth. Catering is provided in-house and is delicious! Whether you choose plated or buffet, you cannot go wrong and there will be plenty of food for everyone to enjoy. The winery is breathtaking! We received many compliments from guests that it was easy to navigate through the grounds and they wish they had known about the winery long before our wedding. I think it is safe to say PPW has many new friends! We are now huge fans of the winery and look forward to supporting them as other events are hosted throughout the year. Thank you, PPW, for making our day so special. This is a day we will always remember and we could not have asked for a more perfect location or staff.
    Kaitlyn Married on 09/02/2017
    We could not have made a better choice than to choose Potomac Point Winery for our Ceremony & Reception. The venue itself is stunning with rolling hills of vines and a Mediterranean feel to the winery. The wines offered are award winning and some of my personal favorites. The Richland Ballroom easily held our 137 guests and can hold up to 200 I believe.
    We chose the Vines to Vows package, which includes grape stomping and a ceremony out in the vines. It happened to rain on our wedding day but the ballroom was transformed beautifully to hold our ceremony. Cocktail hour was held in the barrel room while the staff reset the ballroom for the reception.

Sydney & Chelsea were super involved and responsive during the planning process and truly made my life so much easier! Sydney checked in with me regularly to make sure I had everything I needed on top of responding promptly when I reached out with questions. She also reached out to all of my vendors before the big day to make sure they all had what they needed. On top of that Sydney helped managed my bridal party to ensure everyone was where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. She truly made the day of the wedding so much easier and stress free.
    Chef Brandon and Le Grand Cru at PPW did an excellent job as well. The food was incredible. After the tasting Sydney reached out to ask what specifically we (B&G) would like on our plates and my husband responded “everything”. We had such a hard time choosing! Potomac Point Winery handles the catering and alcohol on-site which means there are 2 less things to you to do!
    The staff was so personable and professional. Sabine & Tori behind the bar kept everyone in a great mood. Toni made sure the dinner service went smoothly and ensured that my husband and my food came out when we were ready for it and that my glass was always full. I couldn’t ask for a better over all experience!
    Thank you all!
    Jesslyn Married on 06/24/2017
    We had our dream wedding at PPW in November 2017. From the moment we toured the venue, we fell in love with the Tuscan style and the superb staff that helped make our wedding day as smooth as it could be. Chelsea, Sydney and the entire staff went above and beyond to make our day unique and catered to our every need. Our guests raved about the food and beautiful venue that had the perfect rustic fall scene. The Vines to Vows package provided an all inclusive experience and took care of all our venue needs. We can't stress how perfect our day was, wish we could get married again at PPW!
    Rachel Married on 04/22/2017
    My husband and I were married at Potomac Point Winery April 22. The whole staff was extremely helpful and professional, especially Sydney Brown, who was our coordinator. The venue was absolutely beautiful and even though it rained, the staff made sure we had a backup plan for every outdoor event. We had no complaints and will remember this day forever!
  • W
    William Married on 10/21/2016
    A huge Thank You to Potomac Point Winery for making our important day back in October so incredible! The entire team at the Vineyard from pre-planning & sales, to Event Coordinator and planning, to the Banquet team are all incredibly easy to work with, delivers true top-notch service, and will make quite the impression on you and your guests.

Chelsea, probably your first contact when planning an event or Wedding here, is a class-act. She has designed several customized packages for just about any type of event and party and goes through each of them in detail with you. Making sure you are selecting only what is right for you and the occasion.

Sydney, the Event Coordinator, is just incredible. She's so friendly, so accommodating, and really goes above and beyond of what you would expect of her. She works with all of your vendors that are to come in day-of, she works with the Wedding Party, and also is very helpful to all guests in directing them to the right place at the right time.

Dean Hill, as I've said before, is an exceptional Executive Chef. His varieties and creations in appetizers to entrees and desserts are all so delicious, exquisite, and very complimentary to all the wines Potomac Point has to offer.

Jonathan Little, the Banquet Manager, and his team Toni Peters, Chris Patterson, and Ashley King, are all phenomenal. So friendly, so helpful, so accommodating, and really, really, really know service. They are incredible. They are the banquet & service team you dream of for your special event.

The entire team at Potomac Point Winery really made the most important day of our lives so fluid and flawless, we could not have imagined holding the Wedding anywhere else. We were sure of that a year before in the planning phase, and now absolutely sure nearly a month after. Thank You!
    Joanie Married on 09/09/2016
    We couldn't have picked a better location for our ceremony and reception than PPW! The entire staff was the true example of phenomenal customer service. From our initial site tour and booking with Chelsea, to the prep and day of details with Sydney, and also Jonathan the Banquet Manager during the reception. All three of these people were onsite helping throughout our big day. Jonathan was there every second during the reception to make sure all went well, and was also getting wine and beer for my husband and I at any moment we needed one...outstanding! Sydney and Chelsea were fantastic, and I'm pretty sure Sydney didn't sit down the entire day, she just kept going! :)
    The food and wine were GREAT!! The in-house Chef makes the most delicious food, our friends and family raved about the quality of filet, seafood and just everything they were served. This place is gorgeous and you wouldn't even think it's in Stafford, VA. I grew up in Stafford, lived there till 2001 and love the area, but you really feel as if you're in Napa Valley or even Tuscany!!!
    I can't thank PPW enough for giving us the best day of our lives. :-)
  • User2648380 2+ years ago
    My wedding day was SO EASY thanks to Potomac Point Winery and their staff! We cannot believe what a fun and awesome day we had, and so many guests came up to us during the wedding and said how amazing the food was! People's favorite appetizer was a virginia ham mix on some crusty bread, and they LOVED the dessert and chocolate bar. We did not hire a planner, but PPW provides a day-of coordinator. About a month and a half prior to our wedding, the coordinator we worked with had to move out of state, but Celeste, the new coordinator seamlessly picked up where she left off. They came up with an extremely detailed day-of schedule, which eliminated any headaches for me, and I just let them direct us around. Stresses such as needing a last-minute extension cord for our ceremony music were taken care of, and we were worried about our priest passing out in the 95 degree weather, but they had a golf cart to transport him quickly, kept a jug of water nearby for him, and watched him carefully to make sure he wasn't going to faint. They were really flexible if anything came up, and had the AC on high indoors since it was such a hot day. Their staff members Jonathan and Emily were also amazing - tended to everything we asked quickly and ensured we were having a good time. We are so glad we booked with them, and they exceeded every expectation. THANK YOU!!!!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 04/29/2016
    Briana was our wedding coordinator and she did an amazing job with us. She is no longer with the winery because she has moved but we were very happy when she told us I was her last bride. She and the staff did an amazing job taking care of us with planning, making us feel comfortable during the whole process and being there when we needed them. The day of the rehearsal we brought all of our decorations for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and they stored it for us. The day of the wedding they took great care of us in the bridal suite and allowed us to set up the tables how we wanted them to look. They made sure we had everything we needed and made sure our day was special on perfect. I can honestly say I did not see or hear about one hiccup during the whole day or night. The staff made sure my husband and I had drinks, food and whatever we needed all night. The guest had nothing but amazing things to say about the food, drinks, staff and the winery itself. Johnathan made sure that I had a glass of white wine so I wouldn't spill the red on my dress and I just thought that was a great touch. He did a great job with us that night and between him and Briana they made sure everything was perfect for us. The new chef did a great job and everyone raved about how wonderful his food was with the appetizers to the dinner. I would highly recommend this winery to anyone who is planning on have their special day at a winery. Potomac Point made ours special and amazing!!