Postlewait's Country Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Emilie
    Emilie K. Married on 10/06/2021

Stunning Venue!

I think the title says it all! This place is stunning, and the folks running it are friendly, warm, and very receptive to what our vision was. Our entire wedding day, people kept trying us what a good choice we'd made in booking with Postlewait's.
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/25/2021

They exceeded my expectations!

I toured quite a few venues before I saw Postlewait's, but the second I found them on The Knot, I knew they had to be my venue. Touring their grounds for the first time was an absolute dream and Jacqueline is such a sweetheart. She is so helpful and responsive. If you are looking for an outdoor, farm-style, barn wedding with beautiful Oregon views then look no further. I was pleased with all the outdoor locations that were available for our ceremony.

We had originally planned to have our reception inside the barn, but Jacqueline informed us that it would be nicer to have it outdoors with more air flow since it was supposed to be warm that day. I greatly appreciate her reaching out to me about the heat! My guests were very pleased with the outdoor reception since it was in the shade. I could go on and on about the venue, but I just recommend that you visit it for yourself. The grounds are wonderful and the family is even better.
    Kendra P. Married on 06/18/2021

Highly Recommend

Postlewait's was the third venue my husband and I looked at when trying to decide where to get married, and as soon as we got there I knew it was the one. The barn for receptions is beautiful and I loved that they had large doors that opened for our Summer wedding. They offer multiple spots to choose from when deciding on a ceremony location as well. Jacqueline and family keep the grounds perfect, including flowers which meant we really didn't need much decor in order for our wedding to be beautiful. I highly recommend this venue and hiring their suggested coordinator & DJ service, Carpe Diem Wedding and Events.
  • Alec
    Alec F. Married on 06/04/2021

Would Recommen!

My wife and I would highly recommend Postlewaits as a venue for any wedding! The indoor and outdoor space are both stunningly beautiful, with the large barn area a perfect mix of rustic but still modern feeling and up to date. The outdoor space is large and offers multiple areas for a ceremony, giving the opportunity for us to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, dancing, and photos all outside in different areas! The space offers amazing views of Mt. Hood on good weather days, which our out-of-town guests also loved. The venue also had two separate getting ready areas, which made things very convenient the day of the wedding. We got ready, had hair and makeup services, and took getting ready photos there. The getting ready rooms were large and perfect for our wedding party to come and get ready / relax before the wedding.

Working with the venue was extremely easy – we worked with Jacqueline and always had extremely prompt and organized responses when planning, and as such had no surprises on the day off. The venue allowed us to bring in outside catering and bring our own alcohol, which was perfect for us, as we had a specific vision of what food we wanted and wanted to keep costs down for alcohol. Allowing us to bring our own alcohol brought out total alcohol costs down significantly, a fraction of what most venues were asking for. The only thing to be aware of is that the venue is in a remote location (45 minutes from PDX) so we arranged shuttle buses for guests at the end of the night so there wasn’t a rush for Ubers, but this was limited in it’s impact and actually made the ending of the night more fun as it gave us more time to spend together!

Postlewaits also offers a large rental inventory selection which made things very easy for us, to just work with one contact. We rented tables (round and rectangular farm tables), all linens, plates and flatware (they offer very cool mismatched vintage plates as an option, which added a nice touch), and all drinkware.

When we spoke with our guests, they all felt the venue was a beautiful, fantastic space for the wedding day and nothing but positive things to say! We would unabashedly recommend Postlewaits!
  • An Dang
    An Dang Married on 05/16/2021

Amazing Venue

Postlewaits is such a beautiful venue!! My husband and I just got married at Postlewaits in May and the venue was stunning! Where we had our ceremony was filled with green and the flowers were in bloom. Jacqueline was so easy to work with and always answered my questions in a timely manner. We really enjoyed having our wedding at Postlewaits!
  • Candace
    Candace S. Married on 12/18/2020

Absolutely Magical

I knew several years ago that I wanted to get married at Postlewaits. I was in a wedding there and it was one of the most beautiful days of my life.
    This was the first place my fiancé and I toured, and he was instantly sold.
    Eve W. Married on 08/09/2020

Accommodating

Jackie was extremely helpful and she let us take all the time we needed to look at the venue and make up our minds.
    Chad A. Married on 06/15/2019

Best Venue Ever!

Postlewait's Country Wedding was amazing! My June 15th wedding was everything I could have hoped for and more. The venue is stunning! Growing up in the Portland area my whole life it really showed the beauty Oregon has to offer. Just 30 minutes away from the Portland Metro Area, it was the venue I had always dreamed of. Jacque is great and easy to work with. I do suggest that if you decide to get married here using the Carpe Diem Events planning is worth every penny, they made my day something I will never forget while still being the least stressful day imaginable.
  • Becca
    Becca Married on 10/21/2018

Incredible Venue

Postlewait's was the best venue for our wedding. The team was so easy to work with, the grounds just beautiful and the professionalism, flexibility and care of the staff at Postlewait's outstanding. Jacqueline was wonderful to work with and at the last minute helped me out of a jam! I highly recommend Postlewait's!
    Jessica Married on 08/04/2018
    I loved visiting this wedding venue! SO beautiful with great space. I also recommend trying their wine! We had our wedding here and it was everything I hoped it would be. I highly recommend getting married at this family run venue. It is absolutely perfect!
    Anne Married on 09/29/2017
    Postlewaits is such a beautiful wedding and I am so happy we found this gem! It is family run, which I truly enjoyed and the people were great from start to finish. Jacque also did our flowers which turned it beautiful and perfect and just like I pictured. She was so easy to work with and wanted me to have everything exactly like I wanted. We also got the wine from there, which the guests really enjoyed and it is just s wonderful place all around. I would recommend this beautiful place to anybody!
    Adrienne Married on 03/11/2017
    We had such a wonderful experience with Postlewait's Country Weddings. Not only was the venue beautiful, but the owner was so helpful in planning and making sure all of our needs were taken care of for our wedding. We loved the rustic vibe of the venue and were impressed by how flexible the owners were with everything. Plus, their Wedding White wine made for a spectacular toast! We highly recommend Postlewait's.
    Priscilla Married on 12/10/2016
    Postlewait's is a family run farm and Vineyard. Supporting local business is key, but on your special day quality, appearance, and piece of mind is priority. The Postlewait family was amazing. They offer just about everything in house if you chose, but if you have your own photographer or other vendors they give you no grief and work seamlessly with whoever you choose. We had a winter wedding, and in Oregon that can be very challenging. We used the main building for our wedding and also rehearsal dinner the night prior.

Jacqueline (family member of the venue) worked with us on flowers, decor and dishes. We had amazing communication, never once worrying about what we would get or if it would be done right. We had no idea about the types of flowers available in the winter time, but knew the colors we wanted. She researched everything and presented us with pictures so we had a visual to see what our options were.

Having our rehearsal dinner at the location the night before was so convenient. Postlewaits provided professional staff and who got the area ready for the following day. Due to having a winter wedding we planned for it to be indoors. The main building is where we had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The staff provided us a seamless transition between the ceremony (row seating), to decorated tables for the reception. The servers were amazing and Natalie (wedding coordinator and family member of venue) kept costs down by helping in every area including sending servers home throughout the night as things slowed down. Postlewaits is also a vineyard (Whiskey Hill Winery) and they have an amazing wine selection. We chose to bring in our own beer/cider but used their wine. The bartenders (provided by Postlewaits) were friendly and efficient. We were able to use the wine tasting room and covered area for outdoor photos when it decided to rain. We would strongly recommend them to anyone wanting a beautiful romantic setting.
    Chelsea Married on 10/14/2016
    This place is beautiful and the staff are super nice! We picked this venue for a variety of reasons, the most important reason being that the barn was large enough to have both our ceremony and reception inside if the weather was bad-----which is was. There was a huge storm the day we got married so the staff set everything up indoors. I was worried that this would take away from the beauty scenery I had originally imagined but everything looked so good! The barn is a lovely, warm space and the white drapery staff added to dress up the walls really brought everything together. The bar staff was fabulous. They were quick, knowledgeable and very accommodating (we added to our order just a few days before the wedding).

At about 110 guests, there was plenty of parking, room for a dance floor, catering, and the DJ. Guests had an easy time finding the venue. The bathrooms were clean, the bridal suite was perfect (space for a good number of people to do hair and makeup + a full bathroom with shower), and the stairs were just the right size (if you don't like walking in heels, you really appreciate a nice wide stair!) Staff was always prompt at returning our calls/emails.
    Andrea Married on 04/09/2016
    Absolutely the most beautiful venue. We had a very nice weather in April so we had our ceremony outside and reception in the barn. I honestly couldn't imagine have my wedding anywhere else. Thank you!
    Erica Married on 08/30/2015
    My husband and I could not be more happy with how our wedding was at Postlewait's. The venue is absolutely stunning. The staff was so helpful and our guests could not stop raving about how gorgeous the property was. Jacqueline was so great to work with as she was so hard working and was very attentive to us and all our needs and wants for our big day. She kept in touch with consistently and was willing to help us in any way that she could. The Postlewait's family keeps their property absolutely perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. We could not have had more perfect wedding and grateful experience with them.
  • User2491924 2+ years ago
    I had my wedding reception at Postlewaits and could not be more pleased. The ground are beautiful and the family was wonderful to my guests. I have been to many weddings at other venues since my own wedding and still am amazed at how lucky I am to be able to get married at Postelwaits.
    Meggan Married on 07/17/2015
    Natalie, Jacque, and the entire Postlewaits family/venue went above and beyond our expectations to make Jason and my wedding so spectacular. A huge thank you to Natalie, she is an amazing wedding planner, the day ran so smoothly. Thank you to all involved to make our dream wedding come true. Highly recommend Postlewaits to every bride!!!
    Kayla Married on 10/18/2014
    I fell in love with the Postlewait's location when I saw it online the first time. After seeing it in person I was hooked. With a fall wedding I had a dream of colorful leaves and a chance at an outdoor ceremony. I was lucky enough to get a beautiful day in mid-October with blue skies and sunshine. The Postlewait's crew had the entire venue set up and ready to go when I got there at 11:30. The park was gorgeous and still in amazing shape and the barn amazing. Looking back through my photos makes me realize just how beautiful of a location we were lucky enough to get married at.
    Jessica Married on 08/22/2014
    Just walking up to this venue could take your breath away! Postlewait's is absolutely beautiful! The owners are very helpful and kind. They make sure that your day looks and goes smoothly.
    M. Married on 07/12/2014
    The beauty of this site is incredible. They were so easy to work with and very friendly. They offered great advice and listened to what we wanted. They help make the day incredible.
    Dan Married on 07/05/2014
    I could not have been more happy with having my weddings at Postlewaits. I was wonderful. The family/ staff treated me just like family and made my day so special. Jacque was very professional and helped me with the perfect tables set up and went above and beyond.
  • User1645781 2+ years ago
    Beautiful venue! This is a dream location for a wedding. Both indoor and outdoor options are incredible. I had my dream wedding here! Jacqueline is so nice and easy to work with! Thanks!!!
    Kaci Married on 07/12/2013
    Everything about the Postlewaits was amazing. It was absolutely gorgeous and Jacqueline was super helpful and knew just how to put the picture in my head together. Everyone at our wedding had a great time and commented on how beautiful the venue is. Thank you so much for taking part in making our day one of the best.
    Molly Married on 06/22/2013
    I had my wedding back in June of 2013 at Postlewait's venue and could not have been more incredibly happy with every single aspect of the experience, venue, and business provided by the owners. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself, but the owners were more than welcoming and extremely helpful. Carolyn did all of my flower arrangements and they were exceptionally beautiful. Jacqueline helped me with planning and rentals, setup, service options, and everything else. Charlene Vogel was my photographer and my breath taking photo album also speaks for itself. Natalie and Dan Johnson setup the bar and were incredibly helpful with options and setup and alcohol amounts. It was such an incredible experience having the entire Postlewait family contribute to my husband and I's big day. I would recommend anyone who is looking to make their wedding day intimate, beautiful, family oriented, and their most memorable day yet. You will not be disappointed!!!!