Portraits By The Bay Reviews

65 | Forked River, NJ

65 Reviews for Portraits By The Bay

65 Portraits By The Bay Reviews

Jenna · Married on 09/28/2018

The moment William and I got engaged we knew exactly who our photographer would be, Portraits By the Bay! Jason, Matt and Megan are an amazing team of professionals, they invited us into their shop to create a customized package around our exact needs. This was a huge deciding factor for us because we knew we had specific requirements for our wedding photographer and Jason was more than happy to give us exactly what we wanted, no questions asked! During our engagement shoot Matt made us feel so relaxed and comfortable that it barely felt like we were being photographed by a stranger. On our wedding day Jason and Matt had such unique visions of what they wanted for our pictures, we let them take the lead and usher us around the little village at the Smithville Inn. Jason and Matt are truly talented individuals, the way they posed us and made sure the lighting was perfect for EVERY picture is a true testament of their dedication to their work. We can not thank Portraits By the Bay enough for being so passionate about their work, we know our photos are in great hands and we CAN NOT WAIT to see the finished product! Once again THANK YOU Jason, Matt and Megan, I will be telling anyone and everyone about your services and what fools they are if they do not hire you for their next big events! Love, Jenna & William Atkinson

Miranda · Married on 09/21/2018

The whole portraits by the bay team was amazing!! They shot every angle possible and made sure that we still made it to the cocktail hour. They planned out our whole day and even got such an amazing sunset picture. I can’t thank you guys enough !! I can’t wait to get the rest of our photos and our video!

Portraits By The Bay 1

Anita · Married on 06/22/2018

Portraits by the Bay provided expert guidance and were the ultimate professionals at my daughter's wedding. We are so pleased with the photos, which were creative and fun. Initially we had planned on one photographer but we're so glad we ultimately decided on two. Now, we have equally fantastic photos of both the girls and the guys getting ready as well as dual vantages for all of the wedding festivities. Jesse and Matt were creative, fun and a pleasure to work with. One of the best decisions we made was to have Megan act as wedding consultant on they day of the event. She kept everyone on track, ensured that the venue was set up the way we wanted and she ran interference on any issues that arose. Portraits by the Bay would be a GREAT choice for your wedding!

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

Jason, Matt, and the entire portraits by the bay team were amazing and I loved my engagement and wedding pictures! The team was professional, kind, knowledgeable, and very accommodating to all parties involved throughout the entire planning process. From start to finish they were supportive and attentive to detail; they answered all questions promptly and have a very talented eye. It meant the world to my husband and I. We highly recommend them.

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2018

Jason and Matt are AMAZING! We had so much fun working with them from start to finish. From the first time we met, we knew they were the perfect match for us, not only local to us, but we got along and chatted as if we had known each other for years. Everything leading up to the wedding was smooth sailing also. They were also so prompt to answer any and all questions we had and were flexible with everything. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch! The weather wasn't the best, but they made it work and we got some great pictures outside still. Working with them was so easy! They were calm, cool, & collected and everything just went smoothly. I would recommend them in a heart beat! We haven't gotten our pictures back yet (the wedding was only 5 days ago) but the little sneak peaks he was showing me on his camera were gorgeous and I can not wait to see them all! I could go on for days about how great they were to work with! Highly recommend!

Lexi · Married on 05/11/2018

Jason and his team were amazing from start to finish! Every detail was taken care of with such ease. Our engagement photos with Matt were so much fun. On the wedding day both Jason and Matt helped us both feel so comfortable and excited!

Lexi & Chris
    5-11-18

KellyAnn · Married on 04/29/2018

The Portraits by the Bay team was professional, fun, knowledgeable, flexible and super helpful during the entire process of planning our wedding. From engagement & boudoir shoots, to the wedding day and afterwards “photos for life”, this company provides you with excellent service and the opportunity to be part of the family for years to come. Jason, Megan, Matt and Jesse — thank you so much for walking me through every detail of photography and videography to ensure we captured each moment of our perfect day! We love you guys!

Portraits By The Bay 2

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

Incredible working with these guys! They were super nice, the pictures came out wonderfully and we had so much fun working with Jesse, Craig, and Matt!! K can’t wait to use our Portraits for life!!

Beth · Married on 11/04/2017

My experience with Portraits By The Bay was excellent! Matt was my photographer and Brody was his assistant, and they were great! They were so professional and a lot of fun. I have to also mention that they were with us for the entire day, which began at 10am and didn't end until 11:30pm!!! I would definitely recommend them!

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

I don't know where to begin to review this company other than to say they are: AMAZING!!!!! I luckily found them at a bridal show & INSTANTLY clicked with Megan & Matt! From the beginning...they were beyond professional, attentive, patient, etc. and not only were they such a blast to work with...they listened to everything we wanted and made it come true TEN FOLD! They were so so easy to get in touch with always and their response time was impeccable! From the engagement shoot...to the actual wedding...they were on their game! They made it pressure free and I just got the pictures back and am in LOVE! I laughed, cried (happy tears) and smiled looking at every single picture! Jessie & Matt are amazing photographers (Brody was so helpful too!)...they made us all so relaxed and happy throughout the entire day and their pictures are a testimony in themselves! The company as a whole is amazing & I highly recommend them...but I must say the real MVP of Portraits by the Bay has to be: Megan Perry! She has been by my side via texts, phone calls, etc. and helping me through the process since I hired them and to top it all off...she was the best thing that ever happened to me (besides my husband haha) and my bridal party the ENTIRE wedding day! She was the first person at my sisters in the morning...helping the photographers, my maid of honor, my bridesmaids, my family & especially me with every single thing we needed ALL DAY/NIGHT long! From fixing everyone's hair, dresses, etc...to crawling on the floor looking for my sisters lost earrings...to holding my clutch, sunglasses, etc throughout all the wedding chaos to make sure they didn't get lost...making sure I had my favorite drinks in my hand all nite, the list goes on and on and on! Many people assume all photography companies are the same...but I promise you, if you want that EXTRA SPECIAL above & beyond personal touch...hire this company & you won't regret it! Thanks!!!! Lisa & Den :)

Caitlyn · Married on 10/20/2017

From the engagement photo shoot to the wedding and photo booth. Jason and his team were kick ass!! Jason understood all the time, energy and love that went into our special day. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Dana · Married on 10/13/2017

I can not be more thankful that I book with Portraits by the Bay. Jason, Jesse, Matt, and Megan were all extremely helpful throughout the wedding planning process, engagement shoot, and of course my wedding day which was 10/13/17. Jesse and Matt were on time and made everyone feel very comfortable and were a lot of fun to be around. I would recommend them to any bride looking for a photographer! Thank you so much!

Bethanna · Married on 10/07/2017

I am completely obsessed with my wedding pictures. Me and John are so insanely happy with the pictures and how amazing your staff was. We literally cannot say enough good things. You were extremely professional and efficient, even with groomsmen that had too much to drink too early and were being slightly less then cooperative. We also had so much fun working with you. You made the process painless and enjoyable. For you to make my grandmother laugh out loud in pictures and smile so brightly--there are no words to express how much that means to me. My grandmother lost my grandpa just six months ago and that day was extremely difficult for her without him being there and you were able to pull her out of being sad and smile for pictures that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Your staff is amazing. Megan was so helpful and sweet. The boys were awesome. You have a truly awesome son! You should really be so proud because he is not only hardworking but he's such a nice kid. Joe was also fantastic. Like I said before, I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say about the whole experience. You surpassed my expectations for my wedding photos and I can't wait to send friends to you and work with you for events in the future.

Portraits By The Bay 3

Kristen · Married on 10/06/2017

Jason and his team captured everything on my wedding day from getting ready all the way until the end of the night with both video and picture. It was great having such a professional team that was able to direct such a large bridal party and capture moments that we will cherish forever. Thank you Jason and the Portraits by the Bay team!

Christina · Married on 09/22/2017

Portraits By The Bay is a truly wonderful choice for your wedding pictures. Every special moment from our day will forever be remembered with each camera shot. Not much planning needs to go in at your end because Jason thinks about the important memories that should be captured. Before the day even begins, Jason takes a close up photo of you to be sure you are happy with hair, make up, jewelery, etc. After most of your pictures are complete before the reception, you truly can get lost in the moment only to find them walking around taking pictures of the fun and love that surrounds you. The sunset pictures, forget about it! They know the exact timing to take these breathtaking pictures that I was able to catch a glimpse of. Thank you for making our day truly wonderful!

Hillary · Married on 09/22/2017

Jesse and the whole crew had me laughing the entire day. I was worried about having a photographer that would feel intrusive, but they made sure to be very accommodating and kept the day running smoothly! The Photo Booth was definitely a great addition to the day and Megan and little Morris were great! It was nice that they had previously worked at BBYC and were able to help me create my vision for the day! Can't wait to see the pictures!

• Lacey

Lacey · Married on 09/17/2017

Jason and his team are the BEST! Jason and Megan were always there for me during my wedding planning process whenever I had a question and both responded immediately to every need. Every experience from my engagement shoot with Matt to my actual wedding day with Matt and Jesse was so relaxed and ran so smoothly. I'm so happy I found them and was able to have them capture every special moment of my wedding day.

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

The Portraits by the Bay team was such a pleasure to work with for our engagement shoot and wedding. They were able to capture amazing shots far beyond the typical formal wedding photos. I'm so impressed by all the candid shots they caught throughout the night...there are some serious gems! In addition to working with a great team we received our photos just about a week after our wedding, which was far sooner then what I expected. The packages offered are a great value and they were able to customize a one to fit our needs and budget. I couldn't be a happier bride and I look forward to working with them in the future!

Melissa · Married on 07/08/2017

Jason and his team were unbelievable. We used them for our wedding 7/8/17 at the stateroom in LBI and our pictures are amazing. The pictures of our beach ceremony are so beautiful. They are such nice people and they KNOW what they are doing and get it done effectively and efficiently!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Caitlin · Married on 07/01/2017

They were absolutely amazing and made our day so wonderful! We can't wait to get back the pictures!!!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

We had our Engagement session at the beginning of the summer and our photos turned out amazing! Jason worked so well with our children as well and was very open to any ideas we had. I can't wait until the wedding and to see how well the photographs are captured!

Brittany · Married on 12/16/2016

Jason and his team were amazing! They jwent above and beyond to capture our special day. They listened to what we wanted and made themselves available at all times of day and night. They came together and with their creative eye captured our day in its entirety. We will cherish their photos forever and look forward to working with them in the years to come!

Kristine · Married on 09/17/2016

So nice/easy going, and made us feel very comfortable!

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2016

Jason and his staff did an exceptional job! They didn't miss anything and we're on top of everything going on. They were awesome!

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2016

I don't even know where to begin. Jason and his team (Matt and "Uncle" Jesse) were outstanding, OUTstanding. Between the 3 of them, we had every shot imaginable, almost 4,000 photos to go through! Photography is one of the most important aspects of a wedding, if not the most important, and we are so glad we went with Portraits by the Bay! Even our engagement shoot was awesome.

We cannot wait to put together our wedding album and see how that comes out! Amazing I'm sure!

Be sure to check out the beautiful wooden piece they do, that was the selling feature to us, very unique, unlike anything we've seen before.

We will be contacting Jason again when it's time for maternity and family shots.

Thanks so much, Portraits by the Bay!!!