Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest Reviews

Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest 1
Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest 2

Shubharambh · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Authentic and flexible

Panditji is extremely flexible in accommodating expectations that could be different than his usual way of doing things. He was even helpful in planning certain post wedding rituals too. Besides the usual mantras, he also explained significance and symbolism o what was going on. By the end of ceremony, he was almost like a family member and made sure all went well according to my parents' and my husband's parents' expectation.

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Amar

Amar Panchmatia · Married on 09/07/2019

The perfect officiant and pandit for your Indian Wedding

I was originally going to write this review to recommend the Portland Pandit for any Hindu ceremony in the Portland area or Northwest, but it does not matter where your wedding is. This is the Hindu priest that you want regardless of your location. While some Hindu ceremonies can be dry, Portland Pandit makes it exciting by explaining all steps and keeping it light and engaging for all. You are doing yourself a disservice if you are planning on having a Hindu ceremony and you do not at least inquire about the Portland Pandit. The only reason I gave 5 stars was because I could not give 6.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest's reply:

Hello,
    thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. I am so happy that you love my ceremony service; I am so happy to read what you wrote. So thanks for your kind words.
    - Portland Pandit

Pooja Sanghavi · Married on 08/10/2019

Indian wedding

Janakbhai did a fantastic job officiating both our Mandap murat/pithi ceremony and wedding. My husband is not Indian so we wanted a ceremony that would be able to appeal to both sides of the family and Portland Pandit delivered. He did a significant portion of our wedding ceremony in English, which everyone really appreciated. This includes even giving us translation for the Saptapadi in English so my husband and I knew the meaning and purpose behind our promises to each other. He was very good about timeliness and finished the ceremony in exactly how much time we requested; which for Indian weddings is an incredible feat. He was funny, lighthearted, and very easy to work with. I was incredibly happy with his work during our entire wedding weekend and would recommend him 100x over!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Tulsee

Tulsee Doshi · Married on 07/05/2019

A warm, funny, and educational priest!

Portland Pandit was an amazing officiator of our wedding ceremony. He was thoughtful, sweet, and funny. As a result, he not only made the ceremony meaningful, but also engaged us as the couple and our guests. We were smiling throughout the ceremony, and I don’t think there is a better testament to a priest than that.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Benjamin · Married on 07/19/2018

We are writing this review together- both Ben and Sonia. Panditji was fantastic throughout our entire process- we had a traditional Hindu wedding in Portland, Oregon. For a whole year, we had so many questions (both of us and my Indian parents)- what to bring, what to do, different steps in different Indian customs (which differs amongst families). Panditji always called us back promptly (or emailed/texted) and responded to all our questions patiently, and with humor and love! Both of us (Ben and Sonia) went to Portland to meet wit vendors a couple times, Panditji went out of his way to help us that weekend- he was so accommodating, understanding, and helpful. He showed us videos, walked through all of the steps of the wedding ceremony, explained everything in detail and was amazing about the whole thing! Since we were having a destination wedding, my parents needed some support in getting materials/assistance for Indian food, decorative items, and religious items. Panditji stayed in constant communiaction with my parents and assisted them with everything they needed or had questions about, patiently and promptly. The weekend of our wedding, Panditji explained everything to Ben's side at our Mandap Mahaurat (who is not Indian) and did it with detailed explanation and humor- which everyone appreciated! :) He even assisted my parents in getting entertainment for the Sangeet night (which was an AWESOME performance!!!). The day of our wedding, Panditj once again knocked it out of the park and made our wedding ceremony traditional, sweet, and wonderful. He explained everything in the native language and in English, and everyone loved him! I would HIGHLY recommend Panditji for all of your religious needs for wedding ceremonies, he was so wonderful to us and our families, and was detailed, kind, organized, responsive, and incredibly accommodating. 5 stars, A+, excellent wok!!!! :) Sincerely, Ben and Sonia

Sent on 07/30/2018

Sucheta · Married on 08/31/2019

Fun and lively ceremony

Portland Pandit brought fun and joy to our wedding ceremony. He helped the audience understand all the different parts of our Hindu ceremony through humor, while still maintaining the seriousness of the rituals. I was nervous about our ceremony prior to the wedding, but Janak put everyone at ease and was able to customize the flow of the ceremony to suit our needs. It was a perfect day, thank you!

Sent on 10/06/2019
    Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest 3
    Portland Pandit - Hindu Priest 4

Rob · Married on 07/01/2018

4.2

He handled our ceremony this July. As a couple from western and Indian cultures, I found he did a very good job at bringing both of our families into the ceremonies and Indian traditions. Some of the guests from other faiths were afraid they wouldn't understand the ceremonies, but he was able to make it accessible to them as well.

Sent on 09/08/2018