Portillo Productions Reviews

92 | Lakewood, CA

92 Reviews for Portillo Productions

Brittney · Married on 09/29/2018

I was referred to Vince by friends who were actually in the wedding party.
    After booking Vince for the wedding, we were given a questionnaire, and then he set up a time shortly before the wedding to go over details and exactly what we were looking for. He provided music before/during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. This included 3 different areas to set up in the same venue. He also provided mics for the ceremony, as the ones the venue had are not the best quality.
    Vince was my favorite vendor to work with on the wedding day, because really, I didn't work with him at all. I didn't even meet him until about half way through the wedding. I explained to him that he was the only one not asking me questions, and he simply replied "That's because I'm doing my job". The caterers and videographers were super annoying asking me questions during pictures before the ceremony. There were just as many details for Vince setting up, but again he was very professional and didn't 'bother' me with questions.
    He was very accommodating and supportive of our music choices. He was able to interpret our music selections. For some sections of the questionnaire, we literally just wrote down vague music genres, and he understood what we wanted.
    He was also a great MC! He definitely kept the party going, lighthearted and fun. Most importantly, he helped control our rowdy bunch of friends and family. (Following directions is hard for our people, especially when alcohol is involved.)
    Everything ran super smoothly, from our untraditional music choices for the ceremony, to the non-stop dancing at the reception. I can not say enough positive things about Vince!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

Vince did an amazing job at our wedding last weekend. He had great charisma and connection with the guests and kept people dancing all night long. Thank you again!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Heather · Married on 08/18/2018

Vince is everything in a DJ you need to make your party great! He has endless songs from all genres, equipment for multiple locations and he is a mastermind when it comes to mixing music. If you have a chance to include Vince in your event, don't pass it up!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I hired Vince for our wedding ceremony and reception in May. He was very easy to work with, flexible, and trustworthy! He communicated with my venue and other vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly and was coordinated. All my guests had a wonderful time and enjoyed the music. I would definitely recommend him for any events!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Robert · Married on 04/14/2018

Vince was simply the best. It's hard to even find a place to begin with how great he was. He took time to chat with us before the wedding and plan out the kinds of playlists we'd love. He was extremely good at feeling out the crowd during the event and making sure people were up and dancing. I can't even tell you how many people came up to us at the end and told us how much they loved the DJ. I'd say that's a win!

On top of all that, he helped with the flow. We were a little cramped for time with sunset and he made sure we got all of the pictures we needed before the sun went down and the photographers had to leave. Way above and beyond what was required of him.

Vince did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and our reception and he was great for everything. It was over 8 hours of work and he used all of his own equipment. We can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Mike · Married on 11/18/2017

Hired Vince for our wedding and was not disappointed, even the caterer commented on how professional he was. He was able to keep the dance floor going all night.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Nancy · Married on 11/11/2017

I absolutely love DJ Vince! I am really glad that my husband and I chose him as our DJ for our wedding. He was very flexible and was a great communicator. I really like the fact that he sent us a detailed questionnaire about what kind of music to play and what kind of role he will play in our wedding. He communicated with us frequently and was even able to adapt to last minute changes. He brings his own equipment and sets up early. He did everything at our wedding: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception. He played great music and kept us dancing all night long until the end of our reception! I recommend him to any wedding that would like to have great communication, flexibility, and a great time!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Erica · Married on 10/21/2017

Vince was awesome! We are so happy to have hired him as our wedding reception DJ and live cocktail hour musician. Our wedding was 2 months ago and I still have people talking about what a great wedding it was and how much they loved the music. Vince played the music we asked him to and was great at knowing what kind of music to play for the generation that was on the dance floor at any given time. The dance floor was packed until the very end of the reception with people dancing!! Vince was also very responsive and great at accommodating my husband and I when we needed to talk with him. He was happy to meet us anywhere to meet and talk at anytime we needed him. He is a must hire for any wedding or event!!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Audrey · Married on 10/14/2017

All I can say is, WOW! Vince at Portillo Productions completely surpassed our expectations. His communication was always on point and he really took the time to get to know us and our music preferences. He truly went above and beyond....his services were just simply amazing and we cant thank him enough for helping create wonderful memories on our wedding day. Portillo Productions will definitely be our go-to for future events!

Sent on 11/01/2017

John · Married on 09/09/2017

My Wife and I chose Portillo Productions as our Wedding DJ and Photo booth vendor. First and foremost, Vince and Heather are a dynamic duo and an absolute joy to work with. Long before the big day, Vince provided the most comprehensive music selection questionaire I could've imagined, which helped guide the flow of music throughout the big day. The event flowed smoothly and Vince completely crushed it on the boards. Heather and her photobooth setup, with the bounty of props and beautiful golden backdrop, not to mention the polaroid printouts that made up our scrap book and provided our party guests with party favors, was an absolute smash hit and had all of our guests gushing over the whole experience. In all, my Wife and I feel blessed to work with such lovely people and top-notch professionals. We would wholeheartedly endorse Vince and Heather for any wedding/party/social event that you want to turn into beautiful memories to savor for a lifetime.

Much Love,
    Lisa & John

Sent on 09/28/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/09/2017

I know Vince through a good friend and he DJ'd her wedding and was amazing so I knew from the second I got engaged I wanted to use his services for my wedding. He was unfortunately already booked on my wedding day so he set me up with another trusted DJ that works with his company DJ Nelson. My hubby and I met him before the wedding at the Five Crowns (where we had our ceremony and wedding reception) he was friendly, personable, knowledgable, organized and accommodating and willing to do anything to make sure our special day turned out exactly how we wanted it too. Day of the wedding Nelson played all the music we love, he was there early, got the crowd dancing and having a great time and helped run the party so the wedding was a total success. I am so happy with how everything turned out. Portillo Productions will take care of you and not break the bank. Thanks Vince and thank you DJ Nelson Love Katie and James Day : )

Sent on 10/20/2017

Debbie · Married on 07/22/2017

We had Portillo Productions provide us with a photo booth for our 40th high school reunion. From the very beginning when I contacted Vince for information to the very end of the night of our event, the service was extraordinary. Vince is very helpful and informative through the whole process. The guy working the photo booth, Anthem was fantastic. He was funny and put people at ease. I am still receiving compliments about the choice of photo booth companies. In addition, everyone loved the photos. So, if you have an event coming up I recommend you get a photo booth from Portillo Productions

Sent on 07/26/2017

Debra · Married on 06/08/2017

Vince was thorough, friendly and very accommodating, and our guests loved him too!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

Vince at Portillo Productions did such a great job! We hired him to do our ceremony music, cocktail hour and of course reception. His company also manages the photo booth, which made the coordination of the event extra easy! Vince met with us several times before our the wedding so we could plan all the details of our big day. He was very flexible in finding times to meet and was happy to meet as often as I felt like we needed to. Vince was so great in understanding the type of music we wanted and the type of atmosphere we were trying to create. I supplied a handful of songs that I definitely wanted played at our wedding and he was so receptive. Vince is funny, but not over the top. He was perfect at keeping the crowd interested and the dancing went on ALL night long! We were having so much fun at our reception we ended up extending our party and Vince was more than happy to stay the extra hour. Vince did more than we could have ever expected. It is so easy and very thoughtful to work with. I highly recommend him if you want to make your wedding the best night and the most FUN night of your life!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Chau · Married on 11/05/2016

Awesome music and all the guests at my wedding had a wonderful time! Everyone loved the music as well as the photo booth that Amthem provided beautiful pictures! I had an amazing experience with DJ Vince and Amthem and would used them both again for another event!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

DJ Vince exceeded all of our expectations! Our wedding was so smooth because of his organization, ability to MC & keep the night moving, awesome music selection, photobooth, and professional flare! We trusted him completely! As a bride, he gave me peace of mind and I was able to enjoy my big day!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Tim · Married on 07/28/2016

Vince is a class act! Professional, courteous, and competent.

Sent on 10/20/2016

meghan · Married on 06/18/2016

Vince is an amazing DJ. He was extremely flexible with us when we needed to extend our reception time. He kept the party going and people on the dance floor!

We will definitely use him for our next party!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kalyn · Married on 06/17/2016

Vince is a wonderful dj. Very responsive and great detail. He was involved but not too involved/cheesy. He helped make our special day the best day ever.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Chris · Married on 04/09/2016

We hired Vince to DJ our wedding and we couldn't be any happier with our choice. Our friends and family agreed too. He was fantastic. Our night really was perfect and Vince had quite a bit to do with that. He was really easy to work with and he was so much fun to have around. I will never have to get married again but I can tell you that if ever I need a DJ again this will be the man I reach out to. Thanks Vince!!!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Danielle · Married on 03/26/2016

Vince was absolutely amazing! He played everything we requested and the dance floor was never empty the whole reception! Everyone is still talking about what a great party we put on and we couldn't have done it without his help!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Sherry · event on 02/27/2016

I thought the DJ did a great job. While we ate he played nice music and once the dancing started everyone was up and partying. It was great!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Kelly · Married on 01/17/2016

DJ Vince and Portillo Productions is the BEST! We had our wedding without any problems and Vince took care of everything he said he would. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a good DJ and/or Photo Booth.
    Thank you!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Thomas · Married on 11/14/2015

Portillo Productions is an amazing business and Vince himself is a great guy to work with. Our experience went so smoothly in our preparations, and he always made it very clear all the ways we could customize his service to suit our needs. His packages are reasonably prized and you get a lot more than someone who plays music in the background or even just MC's. Come reception time he really helped us by giving structure to the order and duration of events, and making sure that everyone knew when and what they were doing regarding entrances, dances, cake-cutting, etc. He took so much pressure off us that night; we really felt lucky to have him. His knowledge of music is vast, and he has a good read on the people on the dance floor. He's more than capable of following your requests or playing it by ear, and I was very pleased to have found his service.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Barbara · event on 10/03/2015

Vince did a excellent job. Pioneer Medical Group was celebrating it's 15th yr anniversary, on October 3, 2015 out in Long Beach California. Vince had the guest up and dancing, he did such an amazing job with the music selection since we had a wide range in age groups. Thanks again Vince for making our party a very memorable one...

Sent on 10/05/2015