Portico Weddings & Events Reviews

51 | Gilbert, AZ

51 Reviews for Portico Weddings & Events

1 User photo

Kyle and Amy were wonderful to work with. They are quick to respond and very easy to work with. They made our wedding so much easier and less stressful. We rec'd so many compliments on the Venue and on them! Our day was wonderful.

Sent on 05/16/2014
  • F

Fina · Married on 04/03/2014

Great place! Everything was perfect. They were always available to answer my questions.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Stefanie · Married on 03/08/2014

We had our wedding at Portico and it went so perfectly! I felt like I never needed to worry about details because they had everything covered. Anytime I had a question they had an answer, and all of their vendors were very accommodating and great to work with! Amy and Kyle made our wedding day so much less stressful than it could have been and we are so glad we chose portico.

Sent on 05/07/2014

raeanna · Married on 02/16/2014

Our wedding was beautiful. The portico provided great service and communication was fabulous. We definitely have recommended the venue to other couples we know getting married.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Amy and Kyle were awesome on our big day. Amy always went above and beyond to make sure all the details that you don't have time to worry about we're taken care of. She made sure everything was set up and decorated for us. All the little decorations we brought in to add to tables, our favors and made sure everything looked gorgeous. Through out the day Amy was constantly checking on our wedding party ensuring we had water and drinks. They have recently made some awesome updates to the facility that made all the difference. Bridal room was updated and awesome improvements we're made to the inside of the tent. On the night of our event after all our guests arrived the place just sparkled. It was truly magical. Our family and friends raved at how beautiful the venue was. A true hidden gem!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Terra · Married on 11/30/2013

Portico was a wonderful place to have my wedding. Kyle & Amy are the best. My day went so smooth, I have no problems at all. They have open houses that were extremely helpful in planning my wedding. Arizona catering company hands down is the best. I used there florets & DJ. They were wonderful !!! Portico let me pick and chose what I wanted in my package. It was very clean and the decorations and center pieces where included that was nice not to have to mess with any of that. Politico was affordable! I had a great experience there. I will always recommend Kyle & Amy (Portico) for special events. Thank you for everything
    The Cotters.

Sent on 03/23/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/18/2013

Kyle and Amy were amazing to work with! They were so helpful with the planning process as well as the day of. They are professional, polite and so great to work with. They eased all my worries and concerns. We had multiple guests comment on the venue itself and how beautiful it was. I had a fantastic wedding and I have The Portico to thank for a lot of that.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Benjamin · Married on 10/18/2013

Kyle and Amy where amazing through the whole process. They understood that we had our own vendors and did a great job at accomidating us. They have you pay for a package that includes servers and it worked at great. They helped ease the tension of the food line. The set up ended up being perfect. Therefore all I can do is thank Kyle and Amy!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Mary · Married on 10/12/2013

Amy and Kyle were very professional, knowledgeable and flexible with all the preparations for the wedding. I was so confident as the Mother of the Bride that everything would be under control on the day of the wedding. All my guests were appreciative of the inside and outside accommodations so they could relax and enjoy the wedding. Compliments galore to this venue!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Sandy · Married on 10/11/2013

As Mother of the Bride, I hoped to have as little stress as possible during the planning stages for my daughter, son-in-law & myself. We attended an open house & knew right away that Portico was the right venue. Amy & Kyle are easy to work with & open to ideas from their clients. The venue is very clean & very well maintained. The Bride's Room was beautiful & convenient for all the ladies to get ready, as was the Groom's Room for the men. My daughter chose a package that included Portico's preferred vendors for catering, photography, flowers, cake & officiant. She had her own DJ. All of the vendors offered superior services. I would describe the atmosphere as casual elegance with both outdoor & indoor areas. The ceremony area is very lovely & is separate from the other areas. The bar area is covered, but open to the extensive patio which surrounds a fenced pool & includes intimate gathering areas & a fire pit feature. The enclosed pavilion is perfect for eating & dancing. The dance floor is fantastic. Most of our guests have rated this event as the best wedding they ever attended. Loads of kudos to Amy & Kyle for creating an outstanding venue & for making this an unforgettably happy experience for all of us.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sherri · Married on 01/27/2013

Although it has been a little over 2 1/2 years since my daughters wedding I still recall the ease of planning it! Kyle and his wife were PHENOMINAL! They helped me maintain my wits as I planned THE WEDDING OF HER DREAMS for my daughter & son-in-law while they were living in Texas. In the end they accommodated us and helped everything FALL INTO PLACE! Thanks Portico for joining me in creating a lifetime of memories and giving my Jacquelyn & Brandon a night they will NEVER forget!!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Rhonda · Married on 01/22/2013

Our daughter's wedding was amazing. Portico was a fantastic venue and everything was soeasy.

Thank you!

Sent on 04/21/2013

I only had a 60 person guest list including the wedding party and wanted a more intimate setting that was not overly fancy but was still beautiful. I had seen several lower cost venues that were cramped and were not very accomidating for getting ready so I was not very pleased.

I had been to the Portico several times with a few other friends who were planning weddings on a budget. Kyle and Amy were very welcoming for my first visit. They were flexible with our down payments, head counts, and when we could come in to pay off balances due.

On our wedding day Amy kept me calm and collected and any "issues" that came up I was not made aware of unless Kyle and Amy could not fix it themselves. I would have to say they were a huge part in making our day stress free and fun. We came in almost 2k UNDER budget and still had a beautiful ceremony and amazing reception.

Sent on 01/12/2013
  • klglynn

Katherine · Married on 04/28/2012

This is now our family's SECOND wedding at this venue. Working with Kyle and Amy was a dream. The venue is beautiful and everything ran so smoothly I forgot to think about the details. We were running so behind in all of our planning and Amy jumped right in and started pushing us in the right directions and helped us make it all come together. The day of the ceremony I barely saw Kyle, but his touch was everywhere. From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to the reception our wedding was truly a dream come true!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/12/2012

My husband and I were on a very tight budget for our wedding. He had just finished getting his degree and became an officer in the Army, and I am a public school teacher. At first we weren't even looking at this venue, due to the prices on the website. However, after calling and talking to Kyle and Amy (owners) we found out that they were in our price range. In fact we were able to have our wedding under budget without skimping on anything! When we saw this venue it just so happened to be after we had all of those terrible dust storms. To be honest, the place was a mess. Kyle and Amy were very apologetic and explained to us that it was due to the weather. My husband and I looked on their website and we loved the pictures of the place so we took a little leap of faith. We were able to choose from their vendors or use our own. When we were having trouble deciding what caterer to use, they let us bring an outside vendor and credited us the difference. As it grew closer and closer to our wedding date there were so many things that needed to be done or decided and Kyle and Amy were very helpful! Amy also let me call her whenever I had a last minute question or if something came up I didn't understand. She also did an engagement photo shoot and the pictures came out amazing! The actual wedding day itself came and there were little to no hiccups that day. Everything ran smoothly and I know it was because of Kyle and Amy and everything they did for us. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a great place to get married at.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Cassy · Married on 03/10/2012

We loved our wedding at Portico! Amy and Kyle (the owners) were very helpful the entire time and they were ALWAYS very prompt to answer questions either by phone or email. The price was good for a Saturday compared to other places, and we really appreciated that they provide the opportunity to rent the venue without requiring you to use preffered vendors. We were able to cater our wedding with our favorite Italian restaurant's food instead of a catering business. We used a few of their reccommended vendors and all of the ones that we used, we loved! Overall, we had a great experience and would reccommend it to other people.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/03/2012

Sent on 04/17/2012

Ede · Married on 03/25/2011

I loved this venue! Amy and Kyle made several accommodations for us during the planning. They also didn't charge us for the services we didn't require. The other venues we looked at would not take off the price of the cake, even though we were providing our own. Amy and Kyle are FABULOUS!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Rachel · Married on 05/19/2018

My fiancee and I booked our wedding at Portico for a Saturday morning. They allow you on the ground for only 4.5 hours on Saturday morning weddings, but it is a KILLER deal! And we were assured that when we get there at 8am, everything that Portico is responsible will be set up. Also, we were not forced nor pressured to use any of their preferred vendors, although they are available. In fact, you can choose what you want even, it's not an all or nothing package. We purchased their florist because she seemed amazing. Also, Amy even made financial accommodations for us when we told her we wouldn't be utilizing something fully. The bride's room is beautiful and there's a groom's room too! Amy is awesome and she is really passionate about making your wedding day amazing. I can't wait to get married here!

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 11/15/2014

We looked in to so many different wedding venues at the beginning of our engagement and were so happy when we were able to find Portico! Amy and Kyle were easy to work with from pre-planning all the way until the reception was over. They can either create the entire event for you, or you can bring in all of your own vendors, we did a little in between. One thing I would really recommend is using Amy's photography company for your photos (Red Mountain Photography)! Other than the photography the only other vendor that I used that they suggested to me was the DJ (AZ Music Man). We chose DJ Dave, he really was amazing and pretty much ran the show. I really appreciated all of the heart that Portico put into making our day really go off with out a hitch. I walked into the venue on the day of my wedding and there were all kinds of people setting it up for us. I literally didn't see any of the finished product until all of my guests did. I would not have changed one thing that was done, Amy and all of the staff really did create exactly what I imagined.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Jessi · Married on 10/23/2010

We looked at several venues for our wedding and reception and chose Portico because of the relaxed feeling of the place and the way that Amy and Kyle treated us.

They have the timing for everything planned out which I wasn't too sure about at first but they were right, the pictures turned out wonderful.

Amy is so awesome with a camera that I've already called her about doing baby pictures when our first child arrives in a couple of months.

The catering, helpers, cake, flowers, decorations, everything was perfect. Everyone had a great time and we even compared our wedding to a friends and felt very lucky to have had Amy and Kyle.

Sent on 09/08/2011
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/17/2019

Beautiful wedding on a cloudy day

Amy from Portico was wonderful, professional, and answered all our questions for our ceremony and reception. The grounds are beautiful, fantastic for photos, lots of seating, a pool with a bridge, and beautiful ceremony area. The only downside of getting married on a Thursday was people left early for work the next day and we didn't get to do the garter toss among other things you typically see at weddings. There wasn't too much flexibility with the schedule. Otherwise, everyone had a fantastic time!

Sent on 01/25/2019

jasmine · Married on 03/15/2014

Portico Weddings has an incredible venue! The guests were so happy with the variation of the indoor and outdoor venue! They even have a back up plan. Their vendors are great, but there is also the option to use other vendors! And bringing your own alcohol option saved us so much money!

Amy did an incredible job coordinating the day of!

Best Venue in Gilbert/Chandler/Mesa area!!!!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Brianne · Married on 03/23/2013

Portico was AMAZING.

The venue that my husband and I had originally booked closed down 2 months before our big day. We called Portico because a friend recommended them to us and they had our date available. Amy and Kyle (who own and operate the venue) were so wonderful. Their helpfulness made the entire fiasco a million times easier and in the end, we were happier with Portico than we were with our original venue.

Amy and Kyle take a lot of pride in their venue and it definitely shows! They have a lot of linen choices, great centerpieces to choose from, the venue itself is gorgeous and they did such a great job of focusing all on the details. They handled all of the "stuff" on our big day so that we could just enjoy and mingle with our guests. We had such an awesome time at our wedding!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Charlett · Married on 04/15/2017

2.8
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5

I don't want my overall rating to be misinterpreted. Our overall experience with the venue was good and the venue is beautiful. The total cost spent included the DJ, photography, bar service and catering. The only reason I gave anything other than an excellent rating is because of the husband of the husband/wife team who own and operate Portico. Amy was a delight from start to finish. She was very organized, knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. She is an excellent photographer who worked very well with all family members. She is who we originally met with during the open house, when we booked. Honestly, if we had met with her husband Kyle initially, we probably wouldn't have booked. During the entire process he was rude, bossy and had a very condescending attitude. He took charge of the rehearsal and left many portions of the ceremony out and wouldn't allow anyone to interject and bring concerns to his attention. The most bothersome thing was that he was rude to his own wife when she tried to assist. If you can get past his horrible attitude then it's a great venue.

Sent on 04/19/2017