Port-a-Pit Bar-B-Q Reviews

11 Reviews for Port-a-Pit Bar-B-Q

• inga

inga · Married on 04/30/2019

Great Experience!

We hired port-a-pit for our backyard wedding reception. Leslie was very easy to work with and the port-a-pit team did an awesome job the day of. The food was great, and the team executed on everything they promised!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 02/16/2019

Great Food

I cannot say enough great things about Port A Pit! We worked with Leslie and she was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. The food was wonderful and we received a lot of compliments from our guests. We would definitely recommend using Port A Pit!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Michelle · Married on 01/20/2019

Delicious Food & Great Experience

My husband was dead set on BBQ for the wedding, which isn't my go-to choice but it was so yummy! We received so many compliments on the food from our guests. They made sure my husband and myself had enough food and our plates were ready to go the second we sat down which was amazing! They were also very helpful with my many many questions leading up to the event. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Brittany · Married on 01/20/2018

Hiring Port-a-Pit was one of the best decisions of my wedding. I had MULTIPLE people tell me that the BBQ we served was THE BEST wedding food they'd ever had. The staff was on time for set up, got the salads plated and out on time, ensured that the water glasses were set (as I'd requested and paid for), and set up our champagne toast. The entire meal process was simple and went extremely well. All of this was on top of the most important factor: the food was DELICIOUS. People were blown away by the quality and taste. I have been to 28 weddings, including my own, and while I may be a bit biased, our food was the best wedding food I'd ever had, too! Hire them! :)

Sent on 02/06/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 11/20/2017

We had a rustic country wedding and Port a Pit BBQ was the perfect touch! There was so much food and it was all so delicious! They even smoked the meat at our venue so guests could smell the BBQ cooking as they arrived. And our guests are still talking about the macaroni & cheese! SO GOOD! Would definitely recommend this catering company to anyone looking for delicious comfort food that will leave their guests full and happy!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Tianna · Married on 05/27/2017

I really love everything about this company! The food was delicious! The service was amazing! If you are looking for a caterer, please call port a pit. They are amazing!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Oh my gosh. Can you say delicious?

We had such a great experience with this company. They served passed appetizers during cocktail hour (chicken and waffle sticks and grilled cheese with bacon jam) and then served a buffet for our dinner (bbq chicken, pulled pork, summer salad, roasted veggies, honey corn bread and macaroni and cheese). We upgraded to a nice china package to keep with the semi-formal wedding.

We wanted to serve something delicious but not break out budget. This was perfect. Out guests have not stopped talking about the food all week!

One of the attendants even made a plate for my husband and I so we could start eating right away and then walk around to say Hi to everyone.

And the tasting process with them was great. We should up to heaping plates full of food and leftovers for the next day (that is so rare in the tasting!).

Great team, great food!

Sent on 03/15/2015

S · Married on 06/22/2013

Prompt return on all communication. One-stop-shopping on all needs (I changed up my needs at least 6 times before the event). Easy payment plans. Had several 'family recipes' and staff duplicated to perfection. Received many, many compliments on the food. Staff serving was very professional (dress and affect). Rained during the first 45 minutes of an outside event - staff could not have been more helpful. Quickly put me at ease, handled moving several serving areas, dried off tables, circulated around with drinks to those 'huddling' under the porch - I could not have asked for better care and service. Wonderful, wonderful company. HIGHLY recommend for any size event. (I served 80 for a sit-down event).

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • kristin

kristin · Married on 12/01/2012

The food was DELICIOUS!! Great customer service and very professional! Everyone loved the food. We also had a TON left over for the next night to eat! :)

Sent on 01/04/2013

Kristen · Married on 02/12/2011

Ronnie was a pleasure to work with and was always quick to respond to my questions. The cost was great compared with other companies that we looked at. I would recommend Spotlight Catering.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Brenda · event on: 02/02/2017

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

The service did not live up to the discussion and agreement. We ran out of meat although there should have been 35 servings beyond the number of guests! The serving staff were lazy and unresponsive. They left our hall (were the meal was served) and the parking lot (where the BBQing was done) in a disgusting state. When the company was approached for a minimal refund of the prepaid gratuity (given expecting excellent service), we were denied any compensation for the fact that we had to refund 19 tickets to people who didn't get a meat meal!

Sent on 02/28/2017