56 Reviews for Poeme

Consultations (1)
Printing (1)
Thermography (1)
56 Poeme Reviews

THE BEST! Kristen is absolutely fantastic! She is so creative and came up with an absolutely perfect invitation for our wedding! She also created our save the dates, table numbers, signs, and programs. I could not have been happier that we found Poeme! Everyone commented on how beautiful our invitations were. Kristen is the very best!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/26/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I ended up with absolutely stunning invitations thanks to Kristen at Poeme and couldn't have been happier. She was amazing; we sat down at my initial appointment to start mocking up a design so we could see that we both had the same thing in mind and she was able to take my ideas to another level. She knew the right phrasing (this is surprisingly difficult once you start trying to figure it all out!) and was able to walk me through so many points that the process was not only painless but really fun.

A friend of mine paid me quite the compliment when she took my invite to her marketing manager at a high-end hotel in Chicago and instructed her to use them as the inspiration for their holiday party invites, as they were the prettiest she had ever seen! My budget was respected; it wasn't very big but she made it stretch to maximum impact. A truly great vendor to work with.

Profile Picture Valerie, 12/19/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations
Services Used: Addressing, Design, Consultations, Printing, Thermography, Custom Invitations, RSVP Cards

Kristen was simply amazing when creating our save the dates, invitations and place cards for our wedding. I was pretty lost at the beginning of the process and tired of looking through stacks of books at other potential invitation companies. Walking into Poeme was a breath of fresh air. Kristen made everything clear and easy by custom creating proofs on her computer right in front of us at our initial meeting. She was able to design something that was truly unique and complimented the style of our wedding so elegantly. Not only is she talented, but she is just plain fun and pleasant to work with! She made every effort to accommodate our wishes and went above and beyond to make sure the invitations were complete for our tight time line. Cost wise, Poeme will also give you the biggest bang for your buck. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere, Poeme is the way to go! :)

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Poeme was easily one of my favorite wedding vendors. Kristen at Poeme is super talented, extremely responsive and her store in Hyde Park is oh-so-cute! She created a unique invitation suite that coordinated with our wedding theme perfectly. She was also able to balance my more modern taste with my fiance's classic side. So when my wedding invitations arrived I immediately picked them up and started to address a few. As I started I realized I was short 25 pieces! I immediately called Kristen in a panic! She was so professional and understanding. She called William Arthur the next business day and fixed the issue same week. OUTSTANDING customer service! Thank you for everything Poeme!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/4/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Our invitations were gorgeous!!! Kristen is super creative and fun to work with!

Profile Picture kadie, 6/29/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I had an appointment at another stationer in town - when we arrived were were placed at a table with a huge stack of books and some post-it flags to mark the pages. We were overwhelmed, lost and frustrated. I have always had a love of stationary and nothing felt right. And then I made one of the best decisions of the entire wedding planning process... I set up an appointment with Poeme! At the first meeting we talked about my vision for my wedding, my inspiration, budget, things I liked and didn't like. After talking for a while, they brought out some samples of work that they had done and we talked about them. After listening to what I liked and didn't like, they said "Okay. We got it. We'll get back to you in a few days." I hadn't even looked at ONE BOOK!

A few days later I got an e-mail with some preliminary designs and they were AMAZING. They were able to capture EXACTLY what I wanted in my stationary and I hadn't even really been able to tell them what that was. They knew all of the right questions to ask to get to know ME and designed the PERFECT stationary to set the tone for our amazing day.

I made a billion minor changes along the way, asked equally as many questions, was terribly indecisive, and probably couldn't have been much worse to work with and, yet, they couldn't have been more amazing in return!

Our wedding stationary was truly a work of art. I continue to get compliments on it all and I love to show it off! I absolutely LOVED working with Poeme throughout the entire process and I will recommend them to ANYONE that will listen! There is no better place in this city when it comes to stationary! Top notch customer service, brilliant and beautiful design and all around great people - Poeme has it all!

Profile Picture Kara, 4/26/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Invitations

We used Poeme for our wedding invitations and all of our Day-Of paper products. Kristen was extremely easy to work with and truly listened to both my husband and I, in order to get a finished product we both loved. She was always professional and prompt when responding to our many questions and ideas. Her work was beautiful and exactly what we asked for. In the end, we received a wonderful product that represented us well and looked elegant and festive for our December wedding. We love this company!

Profile Picture Sarah , 12/21/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

My invitation process was easy and stress free due to poeme! They helped me from the very beginning, meeting with us and emailing as often as we needed. You cannot beat the beautiful designs and they treat you as if you're the only bride in the world :) highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Cara, 11/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

They created absolutely beautiful custom "save the dates" and invitations. We had artwork that a family member had created of our Arabic monogram and they produced it stunningly. Very cute shop and very easy to communicate via email.

Profile Picture Kathy , 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
4.7

We worked with Allison to design our Save the Dates, Wedding Invitations/ReceptionCards/RSVPCards, and ceremony programs. She is truly an artist and worked with us to customize the perfect design that encapsulated everything we wanted in our stationary. She was absolutely fabulous, very professional, and extremely organized (even with getting married only a few months before we did!) We received so many compliments on the paper, the designs, the wording, the colors, everything! It was NOT cheap, I won't lie, but I completely believe we got what we paid for, beautiful stationary and impeccable design. We were so happy with it! THANKS ALLISON!!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/14/13, 8 Reviews
3.5

Quality of Service–Spent a lot of time designing & did a good job of pulling details of your wedding to tie everything together

Responsiveness–Worked via email, reducing the # of meetings. Allison helped w/our STDs-quick to respond & finish our project. Kristen was usually responsive, but had a few delays during her busy season w/June brides & missed some deadlines she set

Professionalism–Allison- professional, thorough, detailed. Small print issue on the STDs, she was quick to get the issue rectified going above & beyond to help w/the issues the delay caused & notified me of the upcoming stamp price increase which could have affected our custom stamps. Kristen was professional in our in person meeting. After getting our initial quote back, she was great in showing alternatives that would meet our budget. She caught the inaccurate color of the 1st print job & made sure the company fixed it. I deducted 2 stars because I was clear from the start that I needed these completed by a certain date. Although this was earlier than the average bride, I felt other brides w/earlier wedding dates took precedent. Poeme is a very reputable stationer in the area, it is no surprise the store is busy; however, if they were unable to meet my needs, I would’ve like to have had those expectations set in order to reduce the stress that was later caused

Value–You pay a little more as Poeme has some of the best design & quality in the area. I deducted 2 stars, because the extra margin that I’m paying should include above average customer service. Mistakes happen, especially when you are working w/3rd parties. As the middle person you need to make up for it. For my STDs, this was done 110% which impressed me & is why I chose them for my invitations. Unfortunately, this level of service was only applied in certain areas

Flexibility-Any changes that I needed were usually able to be made. Kristin even reached out to the company producing to see if certain changes could be done

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/14/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Invitations

The invitations that Kristen put together for me were incredible. She nailed my taste from the beginning and made the experience of creating the design a lot of fun during our first meeting. Kristen also pulled through for my fiance and I to make our menus and "guest libs" on rather short notice, which turned out fantastic! She is amazing, and the shop itself is adorable.

Profile Picture Keli, 9/7/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

As a graphic designer, I was super picky about how our wedding invitations and other printed materials would look. Kristen was the absolute best and knocked it out of the park! We met with her once, and she designed our dream invitations, seating chart, menus, and place cards. We received so many compliments. Not to mention, she was so flexible and ridiculously nice to work with! I'll be back to Poeme - and would gladly recommend them to anyone!!

Profile Picture User2844988, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Poeme did so much for our wedding - I could not be more pleased with their work. From our save-the-dates to invitations, day-of signage and guest welcome favors, Poeme was incredible. We received so many compliments on all of their items. Kristen is so easy to work with and has so many awesome ideas! She knows what looks good together and definitely works with your theme.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

The quality, creativity , and professionalism of Kristen was magnificent. We received MULTIPLE comments on the beauty of the invitations, as well as how unique and classy they were. Additionally, it was very fun to work with her.

Profile Picture User3419366, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Kristen helped us create beautiful wedding invitations! During the overwhelming process of coming up with an invitation design, she made the process enjoyable and manageable. She listened to what I wanted and helped to design a gorgeous invitation that was unique and classy. With her graphic design background, she proposed creative design ideas. She also helped us continue the theme of our invitation through our programs, napkins, name cards, etc. She was an absolute pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Poeme and Kristen!

Profile Picture User2580733, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I worked with Kristen at Poeme and she was great. I was under time constraints and she was able to quickly take my vision and develop custom invitations quickly and professionally. The invitations are not cheap, which is why I rate the value a 4 just to signal that it is a pricey investment, but they were beautiful and worth the money to us and we received a lot of compliments on the design.

Profile Picture Kirsten, 4/13/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Poeme created unique, personal, and gorgeous wedding invitations for my wedding. They customized my order and listened to my ideas and created a perfect vision of what I wanted. I got so many compliments on my invitations. Super easy to work with as well!!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 3/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Kristen at Poeme is an extremely talented designer who created a most memorable wedding invitation. I had something in mind, but she quickly took my idea and created something so much better. She completely understands the information guests need and incorporates that into a stylish invitation. I would recommend her unconditionally. We wanted something unique and she "nailed" it!

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I would highly recommend Poeme for any invitation or stationary need. The owner is very helpful and so nice to work with. I will be returning for all my future invitation or stationary needs.

Profile Picture Dani, 10/13/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Kristen from Poeme is AMAZING! She is so helpful and fun to work with that I kept coming up with ideas for different pieces of stationary just so I could keep going back to meet with her! Kristen is an incredible resource for ideas as well as a helpful guide for wedding etiquette. Poeme made all of our beautiful invitations, napkins, place cards, hand towels, menus, thank you notes and put together great packaging for a sparkler send off at the end of the night. I thoroughly enjoyed the process of designing everything and watching it come to life, in computer form, while I sat there. I have used Poeme on many occasions previously and will continue to do so in the future!

Profile Picture Crosley, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Party Supplies

Formal Bridesmaid Invitation, Save The Date, Invitations, Programs, Table Cards and so much more! Kristen at Poeme is an inspiration to work with and a dream to have in your wedding planning corner! If you are looking for UNIQUE, new designs, tradition with an edge - this is your girl! This was my favorite part of the entire wedding planning. Kristen holds an unbelieveable talent to customize & incorporate classic sophistication with a fun contemporary edge! She also walked us through proper invitation "name" etiquette which is huge! I cannot stress the talent at Poeme and will be forever grateful for my selection!

Profile Picture User2751891, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Kristen at Poeme was very helpful. I enjoyed working with her and the final product was absolutely amazing. My guests absolutely loved the invitation. It was so unique and nothing anyone had ever seen. I would definitely recommend Kristen to future brides and/or anyone who is looking for a unique piece of stationary for their upcoming event or everyday life!!

Profile Picture User2552571, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Allison at Poeme was absolutely wonderful to work with. She designed
beautiful invitations. She was very responsive through e-mails and
made us feel like we were her only customer. Her designs are gorgeous,
we could not have been happier with the end product.

Profile Picture User2610747, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

We loved working with Allison at Poeme! We couldn't have been happier with how our save the dates, invitations, and programs came out, and we received many compliments from family and friends.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/11, 1 Review