Poco Diablo Resort Reviews

141 | Sedona, AZ

141 Reviews for Poco Diablo Resort

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2010

Poco Diablo was so accommodating. Jill K. was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have their wedding at Poco Diablo resort. The resort worked out perfectly with tennis, golf, a great swimming pool, fitness center, etc. It is wonderfully located and all of the staff there were extremely helpful !

We got married at the Gazebo and Weeping Willow tree. It was the perfect location and I hope to go back there to celebrate our anniversaries! I would highly recommend Poco Diablo for your wedding!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Marcy · Married on 10/16/2010

Poco did an amazing job!!! Everything about our day was wonderful!!!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Taye · Married on 10/10/2010

Everyone was amazing, and helpful. There was not one thing I requested that they could not do. Jill was awesome!! I called her crying twice, and she had all the right answers. Everyone she put me in touch with was so helpful and considerate! Thank you everyone at Poco and all the reccommended vendors!!! You made my dream wedding come true. Ron and I are so happy with how perfect everything turned out!!! My family was truly impressed!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Jacob · Married on 10/10/2010

Excellent loccation, perfect weather, great staff. Rooms have the best beds of any hotel I've ever stayed. Jill was excellent to work with and helped make our special day fantastic.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Janelle · Married on 10/09/2010

The grounds at Poco Diablo are beautiful and the layout of the resort is great for a destination wedding weekend. Many of the rooms surround the small golf course, with patios that open up to the course for a great atmosphere for hanging out with the friends and family. The ceremony itself was in front of the gazebo which is beautiful. The ceremony was followed by a cocktail hour on the Rose Terrace, followed by the dinner on the Canopy Patio. The remainder of the dancing and other fun was back on the Rose Terrace. The entire event was outside, which I LOVED. I was somewhat worried that having separate areas at the reception might be awkward, but it was not a problem at all. I did not want a ballroom reception at all, and this was the ideal solution for us. I would not change the decision we made to pick Poco, or the decision to have the entire event outside. We have received many compliments from wedding guests about how beautiful the place was and how much they enjoyed being there. Absolutely no regrets about making the decision to get married in Sedona, instead of Phoenix, and no regrets about choosing Poco Diablo. We had two others venues we liked, and specifically one other that I kept wondering about even after we picked, but when all is said and done, I am 100% sure we made the right choice.

From the time that we booked until our wedding seven months later, the person in charge of the weddings changed. The new person, Jill K, is great to work with. There were a few things that the original person promised that were not in the contract and were not able to be fulfilled, but they were relatively minor and barely worth mentioning. It seems as though the real problem may have been the original person promising more than was normal for no additional charge. Also the resort changed ownership during this period which caused some frustrations relating to the hotel room reservations for our guests. This were eventually all sorted out, but was a headache at the time. Aside from these few minor frustrations, everything was wonderful. I know every wedding has some stresses or issues, so the fact that we had so few is a positive reflection on Poco Diablo, and most of the stresses related to transitions within the resort, which are unlikely to recur on a regular basis.

Sent on 10/20/2010

Shari · Married on 09/25/2010

Jill and her entire staff were extremely attentive and responsive throughout this entire event, from the planning stage to the execution stage. They had great attention to detail which made our event perfect in every sense of the word. The food was great, the chef did an excellent job. I felt secure in knowing that I had nothing to worry about, and our wedding would be everything that I wanted it to be.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 08/21/2010

Jill is fantastic to work with-she is positive, easy to reach, candid, and has impeccable taste. The staff was flexible, and it was no problem to move the band at the last minute due to stormy skies. Working with the Poco Diablo was fun, and Jill's input made planning our wedding very easy.

Sent on 11/18/2010

Heather · Married on 07/14/2010

I was very, very pleased with the Radisson Poco Diablo wedding services. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The grounds were spectacular. The rooms were beautiful. Service was excellent and very professional. My day was perfect and I will definately be back to stay at the Poco Diablo for years to come. This is a perfect resort to have your wedding or any special event. The views are spectacular!!

Sent on 07/16/2010

joy · Married on 06/26/2010

The resort was the perfect setting for our needs. Jill & Amy were very
    responsive and everything was perfect. Even though there were other
    weddings taking place prior to ours it never effected us. Thank you.
    All of the staff were very helpful and pleasant throughout.

Sent on 07/04/2010

Robin · Married on 06/26/2010

The staff, resort, and wedding coordinators from Poco Diablo were the best EVER! I HIGHLY recomment Poco Diablo if you are considering them for your wedding!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Bobbie · Married on 04/10/2010

We could not have been more pleased with the location, food and amazing service provided by Poco Diablo Resort. Their commitment to thoughtful planning of every detail, food that our guest are still raving about was combined with a warm and professional staff that made our daughter’s wedding an event she/we will treasure for a lifetime.
    The added bonus was the lovely grounds at Poco Diablo complete with Sedona’s famous red rock views, ponds and gazebo provided a spectacular backdrop to our family Photos.

Bobbie
    Sedona, AZ

Sent on 04/15/2010

kelly · Married on 09/12/2009

food was great! did a great job catering to a special dietary needs

Sent on 04/08/2010

Megan · Married on 09/06/2009

Marian was wonderful to work with and the entire staff provided excellent service to us and to all of our guests during the entire weekend. I would definitely recommend the Poco Diablo to anyone!!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Michelle · Married on 11/26/2006

If you're looking for a beautiful backdrop with breathtaking views or just the ability to have multiple options regarding your wedding, then look no further. This resort gives you endless choices that will allow you to create the ultimate wedding. They accomodate their brides & grooms in every way: ceremony location, reception location, catering, and more. This resort made my choices so much easier because they were all available right there. I didn't have to worry about coordination vendors as well as giving up the "little extras" since their quality is exceptional! You won't go wrong and their Sales & Catering Manager (Marian Leonard) is wonderful.

Sent on 07/17/2007
  • · Married on

We got married at the resort and stayed for several nights.

I want to start by saying that Jill, the wedding coordinator, and Erick, our banquet coordinator the day of we’re both fantastic. They responded in a timely fashion to all emails and concerns and were very accommodating on the day of to ensure we had things just the way we wanted for our ceremony and reception.
    The only negative that myself or any of my guests had to say about the entire experience/ stay was the host at the restaurant during the day. Specifically, the Saturday morning host. She was very rude and unfriendly acting as if people were a hassle by coming there to eat. She interacted with several members of our group on separate occasions and all of them said the same thing.

Overall I would highly recommend Poco Diablo for your wedding, just avoid the older lady with short hair that hosts the restaurant / bar.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Angela · Married on 07/01/2018

The only thing that was less than perfect was the service at TC’s. It was terribly slow the weekend of our wedding. It was obvious that they were running severely understaffed. The server was extraordinarily nice and the hostess was very curt and less than friendly. This resulted in many of our guests leaving property which minimized our tinge with them.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Hi Angela, Thank you for your review. I am sorry our restaurant service fell short of your expectations. We will discuss your comments with our management and staff. We enjoyed hosting your wedding at our resort and appreciate your business.

Kimie · Married on 05/05/2018

Everyone at Poco Diablo was AMAZING to work with. Jill was incredibly organized and professional. Her experience and recommendations, along with her attention to detail, made the process so much smoother. The wait staff was so helpful and eager to please, and we got lots of great feedback from guests. Olya at the Spa, and the hair, make-up and nail technicians were so kind and helpful throughout the whole process. We got feedback from guests that the wine pours were on the small side, and drinks were pretty weak, which I think contributed to us significantly underestimating alcohol costs, but the prices were still better than other venues we looked at, and Poco was very willing to work with us (e.g., using 2017 prices since we talked in 2017, even though the wedding was in 2018). Couldn't recommend this venue more!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Kimie. You were truly a joy to work with and we are so happy that you and Andrew were pleased with our service. We wish you both much happiness and hope to see you again soon.

Christine · Married on 06/05/2016

We were on a very very low budget and this venue allowed us to have our dream wedding without sacrificing service, a beautiful environment, and all the other bells and whistles. It was amazing and so easy to get married here, we literally would not have changed anything.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Jill at Poco Diablo Resort is Fabulous! I arrived from New Hampshire to visit his venue that I chose just through the internet and phone conversations with Jill. I felt confident that this was the place and I paid my deposit sight unseen, other than pictures on the internet. When we arrived the place was more beautiful than anticipated and Jill went way out of her way for us. I am so glad we picked this resort and can't wait for the big day to come and watch our beautiful daughter have her well deserved day in the spot light!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Ginger · Married on 05/02/2015

We really wanted a wedding in Sedona. After checking around on prices on other venues. We got the most bang for our buck having a morning wedding here. The resort pretty much took care of everything, set up, break down, food, drinks, very professional wait staff, a block of discounted rooms, and much more. Jill the event coordinator was very kind and prompt with getting back to us with any questions.The grounds for the gazebo ceremony couldn't have been greener and the mountain views from their canopy patio were a perfect backdrop for our reception. We had a fabulous wedding day.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you Ginger for your very kind review. We loved having you and Bill here with us and wish you much happiness.

Susan · Married on 09/13/2013

Jill was wonderful in making our day special! All the small details were taken care of and we were able to enjoy our wedding! The dinner was exceptionally good and I had many guests comment the same! We really loved the setting at the gazebo and the pictures turned out beautiful! All of the staff at Poco Diablo went over and above to make our wedding special and we thank them so much! Thank you Poco Diablo!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2012

I would definately recomend the Poco to anyone who wishes to have a wedding and\or reception in Sedona!! If I could do it all over again I would use the Poco Diablo without hesitation! The only thing that beats the prices, is the food! Delicious!! Thank you to all the staff for making it absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Wow - thanks so much Nicole for your kind review. It was our pleasure hosting your beautiful wedding. Hope to see you back here soon!

Nancy · Married on 03/12/2011

I was unaware of many challenges surrounding a destination wedding, but all those concerns disappeared with Jill at the Poco Diablo resort working with me to create the perfect wedding day. Jill was amazing to work with, and was so responsive to my many, many questions. I lived only 2 hours away, but even that distance meant only one meeting prior to the wedding day. All other communication was done via email. Jill was always quick respond to every question, usually within hours, and always comforted me, and happily accepted any question. When the arrived at the resort the day before to set up, they were with us step by step, ensuring everything was to our satisfaction. IT WAS!! This was sun set cermony and the grounds are so beautiful and romantic! The garden chairs where all set up with the floral spray hung on the gazebobelow the grand weeping willow tree, near the pond, red rocks jetting up behind the resort, and a beautiful sun setting the sky ablaze. We would not have changed a thing! Then the reception dinner held at the resort was equally fantastic. The food great, the staff so responsive, and the room was perfect! I can not say enough good things about Jill K. and the Poco Diablo resort. I highly recommend any bride to check them out and see for themselves!

Sent on 05/02/2011
  • George

George Bustamante · Married on 04/05/2019

Wedding experience

We had our wedding and our reception at poco diablo, they were a great host and were very accommodating. Even with last minute changes and request the staff was very patient and helpful. Excellent service during the reception and the event coordinator Jill was amazing! She was very responsive and kind!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Danielle · Married on 05/11/2018

Our wedding at the Poco Diablo was nothing short of amazing! Jill is great to work with. She is very prompt and helped us through planning every aspect of our wedding. We definitely recommend the Poco Diablo Resort to anyone!

Sent on 05/29/2018