Plumeria Cake Studio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Kate
    Kate S. Married on 08/06/2022

Wedding Cake!

Great company to work with for your wedding! Incredible flavors and service.
    Emily M. Married on 07/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing cake and dessert vendor

Plumeria did an amazing job at our wedding. The desserts were amazing- we ordered an assortment of treats and they all looked beautiful on the table. The tasted great as well. Jennifer was very helpful with our decision making process on figuring out how many desserts to serve, etc. Highly recommend!
  • Corina
    Corina S. Married on 06/18/2022

Great cakes and yummy

Plumeria cakes went above and beyond to get us a cake in less then 5 days. My event planner bailed on me and left me hanging and I had to pick up the pieces and do everything myself. So when it came time for my cake design and getting it on time and of course, I was stressed out, Jennifer helped me planned something affordable and delicious at the same time. Thank you for making our special day wonderful!

Plumeria Cake Studio's reply:

Corina - I am so glad we were able to help make your celebration a success! Please don't hesitate to think of Plumeria Cake Studio for any future celebrations. It was a pleasure working with you.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Alice
    Alice K. Married on 05/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further than Plumeria Cake Studio!

If you're looking for a delicious assortment of desserts for your wedding, look no further than Plumeria Cake Studio! From the minute I learned about what Jennifer (the owner) offered, I knew I had to place my order. My (now) husband and I knew we didn't want wedding cake (although Jennifer offers that too) and were hoping to offer our guests a variety of mini treats instead. We didn't want just cookies and cupcakes -- we were hoping for something more. I came across Plumeria Bakery on Instagram and instantly reached out to Jennifer. She was quick to respond, very friendly, and so easy to work with. She even offered to schedule a complimentary tasting way in advance for us since we were from out of town. The desserts are amazing -- we had everything from truffle bites, chocolate covered strawberries, bread pudding bites, to parfait cups and our guests absolutely loved them (we ran out quick!). The dessert table display was fantastic and Jennifer even let us rent gold stands, which looked beautiful. Highly recommend this bakery for all your wedding needs! You won't regret it :)

Plumeria Cake Studio's reply:

Alice - You are the absolute sweetest to take the time to share how happy Plumeria Cake Studio made you feel with your dessert menu for your wedding reception. I had such fun creating your yummy treats and knew it would leave a lasting impression for your guests. I hope you think of Plumeria Cake Studio for any future celebration needs and don't forget that for booking your wedding dessert needs through my bakery, you will receive a complimentary 1 year anniversary cake! Warmly, Jennifer Stonebarger
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 05/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Plumeria Cake Studio was so amazing to wedding cake taste with! The experience was incredible and seeing our design come to life was amazing! It turned out better than we could have imagined!
  • Rhema
    Rhema F. Married on 02/27/2022

Amazing experience.

I was definitely a bride that was pretty unimaginative when it came to details of the wedding. So when we came to our tasting I had very little to go off of, and Plumeria turned that into a beautiful and delicious cake. The flavor options are great and our carrot cake wedding was delicious and so moist! We had a Spanish style venue, and I asked for Spanish tile and it was so beautiful.
    Tippan P. Married on 10/31/2021

Best Gluten Free Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake journey was a rocky one. Being a gluten free bride, my options were very limited. We tasted a few cakes from other vendors, where one of them did not have a gluten free cake tasting available after we specifically had requested for it and they had said that it was possible. All that aside, when we got it touch with Plumeria, everything was just easy and accommodating. We were able to taste the gluten free velvet cake, have it as the top layer of the cake while the bottom being regular pumpkin spice cake. Our guests loved both cakes and we loved the look of the cake too! The price was also reasonable. Highly recommend!
  • Bonnie
    Bonnie S. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

DELICIOUS cake and awesome people

My husband and I could not have been any happier with Plumeria Cake Studio. We had a wonderful time working with Jennifer on designing and choosing the flavors of our wedding cake. She and her team were so easy to work with and fantastic at communicating quickly with us whenever we had any questions. Our in-person cake tasting at their studio was also one of the highlights of our wedding planning journey. The cake turned out absolutely beautiful and exactly what we had envisioned. Lastly and most importantly, the cake was absolutely delicious and we got so many comments from everyone at the wedding about how tasty the cake was! We chose the flavors of lemon and coffee since these are our favorites, but every flavor we tried at the tasting was just as scrumptious :) We would absolutely recommend them to anyone getting married, what a great experience!!
  • Kim
    Kim B. Married on 08/09/2021

Tried 7 other bakers before finding Plumeria

I literally sampled cakes from 8 studios. We wanted a cake that was delicious, moist and tender, with American buttercream. The kind that tastes like homemade frosting but better! It was a difficult search, since most studios do a hard sturdy cake that stacks well, but can be dry, with whippy buttercream.
    Plumeria was one of only two bakers willing to do in-person sampling. It made the process so personal and easy to understand the options.
    She was patient with our questions and made us extra samples since we couldn't decide. We settled on 4 flavors since they were all so spectacular. Mimosa (all the reviews are right!), Coconut with Passionfruit curd, White with Lemon Curd, and a fun grooms cake shaped like a Dallas Cowboys helmet in his favorite flavor - chocolate with peanut butter cream cheese. Be sure to try the vanilla mousse filling - it's decadent, almost like cheesecake.
    Jennifer made several sketches, even did last minute changes, worked closely with our florist and the end results were stunning. Hire her for sure!
  • Elise
    Elise B. Married on 06/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Dessert Display!

We didn't want to have a traditional wedding cake and Jennifer created amazing options for a dessert bar! Our guests raved about each one, and there were none left at the end of the reception. (We didn't get to try much!) We had the raspberry cheesecake brownies, magic cookie bars, lime coconut bars, mini chocolate, maple bacon and snickerdoodle cupcakes, chocolate peanut butter truffles, chocolate hazelnut truffles, and mini apple crisps.
    They did a great job coordinating the lines to match my wedding colors, and delivered to my venue flawlessly.

I'm looking forward to going back to their studio so we can celebrate with our favorites!
  • Allihart
    Mob Married on 06/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Last minute saving grace!

We are so grateful to Jennifer and Plumeria Cake Studio! After our daughter’s wedding had to undergo massive changes due to Covid, we had difficult finding a bakery open and able to deliver. Jennifer came through for us literally 3 days before the wedding and delivered a beautiful, delicious cake that everyone raved about. Don’t hesitate to choose Plumeria for your next event!!
  • Katie
    Katie H. Married on 02/09/2020

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

I cannot say enough good things about Plumeria Cake Studio! From the tasting to the reception, everything was absolutely perfect. We chose Orange Champagne and Maple Bacon, and they were both a huge hit! Our guests are still talking about how good the cake was. (I might have had the leftover Maple Bacon for breakfast for a week.)

If you are looking for a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake, your research is done. Just get it from Plumeria.

• Jaclyn
    Jaclyn C. Married on 10/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most Delicious Wedding Cake Ever!

Jennifer was the best baker we could have ever chosen for our special day. We interviewed 4 bakers but in the end no one could top Jennifer's personable nature, professionalism, and absolutely fantastic bundt cake recipe! We had the orange champagne cake and my god, its the greatest thing I think I have ever had! She also made the most buttery and delicious cookies ever! She also made my husband the coolest grooms cake in the shape of an Auburn football jersey and people LOVED it! If you want a reliable baker that is a one stop shop and will make your wedding cake amazing look no further then Jennifer at Plumeria!!
  • Callan
    Callan Married on 10/05/2019

Loved, loved, LOVED my cake

*Our cake, but the cake was important to me! It's a wedding, the dessert is a big thing! The cake was beautiful. Jennifer listed to all my ideas, and made it into something perfect. I only wished I could have taken a bunch home to have later!
    Jamie Married on 09/15/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our desserts were a hit!

Jennifer did a phenomenal job on the desserts for our wedding in Orange County. First of all, her desserts were hands down the tastiest we tried among other OC bakeries. We wanted a selection of "mini" desserts rather than one big cake, and Jennifer had my favorite (bread pudding) and my husband's favorite (cheesecake) in miniature form, along with many other treats to choose from. The best part were the mini cupcakes that Jennifer decorated to look like potted succulents (our florals for the wedding were mostly succulents). The photo does not even do them justice!! We got so many compliments on how delicious and beautiful the dessert table was. Thank you, Jennifer, for helping make our big day special!
  • Brittany
    Brittany R. Married on 09/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cake was beautiful and delicious

I am so happy we went with Plumeria for our wedding cake! It was beautiful and tasted delicious! All of my guests were raving on how good it tasted!!
  • Devon
    Devon R. Married on 07/06/2019

Incredible Desserts!

We loved working with Jennifer! We had a 3 tier beautiful cake and an array of mini desserts. Our guests loved having the dessert buffet to chose from. The cake was moist and flavorful (best wedding cake we’ve ever tasted!). We also had mini donuts, lemon bars, creme brûlée’s and cheesecake. Everything was amazing! We highly recommend Plumeria Cake Studio. If you can imagine it, Jennifer can create it!
    Geena Married on 05/04/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing cake and donuts!!

We were recommended to Jennifer by my mother in law who had used her for her wedding. As a dessert lover, I am extremely critical of my sweets. After the initial tasting, I was blown away. Her flavors were incredible. We did assorted cupcakes (choc choc chip, champagne orange, carrot) for the groom, donuts for the bride and a small cake to cut. Everything was so delicious and we couldn’t be more pleased with how it all turned out. We received so many compliments on how great it tasted. Jennifer was amazing to work with.
    Heidi Married on 02/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We absolutely LOVED our wedding cake and additional desserts Stephanie made! All of our guests were equally impressed

My husband and I were very happy with our wedding cake and desserts. Our wedding cake was honestly the most delicious cake I’ve ever had. Our guests were also blown away by how delicious everything was. I would highly recommend Plumeria Cake Studio! Reasonably priced, excellent service, and scrumptious desserts! 5 stars across the board.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 01/05/2019

Gorgeous and Delicious!

We worked with Jennifer on our wedding cake and mini sweets and are already dreaming of the next time we can enjoy her desserts! We had an array of everything from Chocolate Truffle Pops to Lemon Bars to Mini Apple Pies to Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (this is not the whole list!). Our cake was super delicious with different layers of Champagne Orange and Chocolate. Everyone was thrilled about the dessert, many people taking more than one slice of cake and multiple mini sweets! What was most incredible was the sugar flowers she created. THEY LOOKED REAL and everyone thought they were real! Absolutely Gorgeous!
  • Breah
    Breah Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful, delicious treats!

Jennifer was a joy to work with. We met her at a wedding event put on by our wedding planner. Once we tasted her treats, we were in love. After that, we met with Jennifer for a tasting and to discuss our vision for our wedding. Instead of having a typical wedding cake, we decided to do a mini dessert table with a variety of treats!

We LOVED the champagne, orange cake and it was an easy decision for our cutting cake. For the mini treats, we decided to do a variety of bite sized cupcakes. Jennifer made the process easy - we rented all the platters through her, and she came to set everything up beautifully!

A couple weeks before the wedding, my husband added additional desserts and requested for cookies & milk shots. She easily accommodated and kept it a surprise from me. I also reached out to her a week or so before the wedding to arrange for a grooms cake shaped as a yankee's baseball hat - she had no problem with putting it together and did an amazing job! My husband and our guests loved it!

I would definitely hire Plumeria Cake Studio again for events in the future - and you should too! You won't be disappointed, Jennifer is kind, flexible, creative, and creates delicious treats!
    Elycia Married on 09/29/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious Cake & Desserts!

Plumeria Cake Studio is wonderful. Once we had our cake tasting with Jennifer, we looked no further. All her cakes taste delicious but the secret weapon is her champagne orange cake - who doesn't love a mimosa cake?!?! We enjoyed the salted caramel and a variety of other small desserts such as mini tartlets, cake pops and parfaits.
    The presentation was beautiful, very affordable and we had no leftovers to speak of - everyone loved the cake and desserts!
    Thank-you Plumeria for helping us have a fantastic wedding!
    Jordan Married on 09/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We couldn’t have been more pleased with Plumeria. Jennifer not only listened to what our daughter wanted and produced a beautiful (and delicious) wedding cake, she also bent over backwards to accommodate her schedule because she lives on the east coast and had a very limited opportunity to meet. She was also kind enough to make an additional cupcake for our flower girl, who turned 3 on the day of the wedding. Of all the cake vendors we interviewed, Jennifer was the by far the most warm and engaged. HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended!
    Libby Married on 08/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Omg! Our wedding cake was to die for!! Our guest said the cake was delicious!! It was definitely the grooms favorite part of wedding planning and Jennifer did not disappoint! The flavors we different and the cake was moist which was perfect!! Thank youuu!!!
    Janice Married on 06/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our cake was beautiful and delicious (strawberry and orange-champagne were our flavors), exactly as requested, timely and perfectly delivered, and our very heavy cake toppers sat perfectly on top because she properly reinforced the cake. She followed up in advance of the wedding and was perfectly lovely. What more can you ask for from your wedding cake vendor? Pictures from Lauren Cate Photography.

We ordered two flavor - champagne-orange and strawberry. People said the cake was delicious.
illustration stars