Plum & Poppy Reviews

Plum & Poppy 5
Plum & Poppy 6
Plum & Poppy 7

Amber · Married on 08/25/2018

We planned our wedding in Indy while living in LA and I can't imagine doing it without Sarah! I found Sarah through The Knot and after reading all the glowing reviews, I knew she'd be the perfect planner to work with for our big day. We booked the wedding coordination package with just seven months until the big day and Sarah was incredibly thorough and detail-oriented from our first phone call. I knew from that first call that I could count on her to pull all the final details together on the day of our wedding. Sarah's also established a solid network of wedding vendors in the Indianapolis area and I was so grateful for her recommendations (floral and pie) since we weren't as familiar with local wedding vendors. My mother-in-law also hired Plum & Poppy to help run our huge rehearsal dinner and we're so glad we had someone from her team there, too!

I'm so grateful to Sarah and her team -- they made our day incredibly fun, stress-free, and special. Thank you so much, Sarah and the rest of the Plum & Poppy team!!

Julianne · Married on 05/04/2018

Plum and Poppy was the best investment we made for our big day! Sarah and Beth were so wonderful to work with throughout this entire process. They both really made us feel comfortable with everything we were planning for this special day.

Sarah went to all of our vendor meetings and tastings. She helped us stick to our budget and when we did want to splurge on something else (like more flowers) she tried to tell us where we could adjust the price somewhere else.

Sarah and Beth have amazing knowledge and skills in the wedding industry and I am so thankfully they were able to guide us through this process. When my friends and family asked how my wedding planning was going I always laughed to myself because it was a breeze. Never once was I stressed out and that was all because Sarah and Beth. My fiance and I will forever be grateful for them (and so will our Mothers haha).

Soha · Married on 09/16/2017

Sarah and her team were a huge help with my wedding. Pakistani weddings can get complicated with the amount of people invited as well as the amount of events leading up to the big day. Sarah took special care that every event was perfect and always made sure that my husband and I as well as our families had everything we needed. We were taken care of by Sarah and her team and couldn't be happier with her services. Highly recommended!

Alyssa · Married on 08/19/2017

Sarah and her team were awesome to work with! She gave great vendor recommendations, was extremely responsive, and because of this our wedding day was nearly flawless! I couldn't be happier!

Kelly · Married on 08/19/2017

Beth with Plum and Poppy was amazing! I wanted a day of planner and she was that and much more! From making sure the wedding party knew where to be/what do to, to handling all the vendors, to taking care of last minute details, she was on top of it! Extremely friendly, personable and was a joy to work with. Thanks for making our day run so smoothly and one we will never forget!

Kate · Married on 07/29/2017

I can't say enough good things about working with Sarah and her team. My husband and I were planning our wedding from across the country and hit quite a few road bumps with our venue. Fairly close to the wedding, we found ourselves in a position where we needed to bring in an outside coordinator. Luckily for us, Sarah and her team were still available for our wedding day.

She jumped in right away and was extremely responsive - even when she wasn't available, there was always a message letting us know she was at an event and she would get back to us so quickly every time. She took over the coordination of details with all of our vendors, which was a lifesaver so close to the wedding when our heads were exploding with too many details. She had also worked with many of our vendors before and had such a great rapport with all of them - when we mentioned our coordinator, our other vendors had amazing things to say about working with her.

Having her support with the final details leading up to our wedding was such a weight off our shoulders, but having her day-of was probably the best decision we made. Sarah is so calm, organized, and prepared for anything. We had an unexpected day-of vendor change, which she completely handled. We ended up being short a boutonniere and she crafted an extra from our table flowers. Then when someone stepped on my dress and ripped one of my bustles, she pulled me aside and sewed it right back together in 30 seconds.

Because of her, our wedding day was so relaxed and flowed so smoothly. It was the only day I was home that my head wasn't spinning and I'm so thankful she was there to lift the load of that day so we could be fully present and truly immersed in the celebration with our friends and family.

Sarah and her team are amazing and truly helped make our wedding day so fun, special, and memorable. Think of her team as an early wedding gift to yourself - you will be so thankful to have them there to make your day perfect!

Kim · Married on 06/17/2017

Sarah was extremely helpful and quick to respond whenever my daughter or I needed her! She let us take the lead when we wanted to, but was very resourceful when we needed it without being too overwhelming. Given the 5 month timeline, she was exactly what we needed!

Jacquie · Married on 06/17/2017

My fiancé and I were engaged in January 2017 and set a wedding date for June, where we planned to host 300+ people in Indianapolis; we were in dire need of help with our planning as we only had 5 months! After just one phone call with Sarah, founder of Plum & Poppy, my mom and I immediately felt at ease and confident that Sarah would bring the professional input, support, and organization that we needed. Sarah was willing to meet with us as often as we needed to work through details and always gave us her honest opinion about various aspects of the wedding. Our wedding required a unique level of security and Sarah's involvement was instrumental in ensuring all logistics played out very smoothly.

Everything was absolutely PERFECT on the day of our wedding. Sarah was present at the reception venue day-of to ensure the set up at the Scottish Rite was exactly as we had planned, while we were getting ready for the wedding ceremony (held at St. John's). Sarah and her team are extremely well connected in Indianapolis and the surrounding area, which worked very well for us as she was already familiar with many of our vendors. Her input was irreplaceable and each day we worked together she brought her fun, supportive and patient demeanor with her. We are so grateful to have had her help and highly recommend her team to anyone looking to plan a gorgeous wedding!

Kelli · Married on 06/10/2017

Plum and Poppy made my daughter's wedding planning completely stress free. Best money ever spent!!

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2017

When it hit me (and my parents) that I’d be planning a wedding in less than 6 months in an unfamiliar city, I knew I’d need someone timely and organized to help. I’m so happy to say that Sarah has been that and so much more. She made herself available to us from the very first email sent. She is both organized and professional, and yet friendly and easy to talk to (even my husband, who only talks sports and science, and my parents agree). Sarah was careful to help my groom and I plan the wedding that we dreamed of, while being able to offer her own unique insight and connections to help us reach the feel that we wanted to. On the day of the wedding, Sarah’s sense of confidence in how the day would go really soothed my nerves. She was both amiable and prepared with everything, including anything that I asked of her the day of. Choosing Plum and Poppy to help plan and coordinate our wedding was by far the best choice we made in planning our wedding day.

Kari · Married on 10/22/2016

Sarah was AMAZING and the best money spent on anything for my wedding. My mom and I reached out to her about 6 months before my wedding date with the original intent to hire her as the day of coordinator. After meeting with Sarah, we quickly realized we needed her assistance right away and ended up hiring her for full planning. She was so organized, knowledgeable, and gave such great advise in that very first meeting. She knew what we should spend time and money on and what we should not focus on. She was quick to put a timeline together and really got us re-focused on everything that was still outstanding. I am the first and only daughter in my family, so my mom and I were walking into the whole planning process blind. We quickly became overwhelmed and were clueless with a lot of things. Sarah took the stress away and made the last few months of planning so easy and smooth. She attended all appointments and was available whenever we needed. She was constantly checking in and always reminding us that everything would be taken care of. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. I had been told by friends and co-workers that the day of would never run smooth and that things would go wrong. I prepped myself the week before to just roll with whatever the day brings. I can honestly say, not one thing went wrong in my eyes. The day ran beautifully and I was able to enjoy every minute of it. My mom and I tend to be control freaks and want to get involved with everything, but that day we both enjoyed ourselves and did not worry about a thing. When I walked into the church and the reception venue, it was exactly how I pictured it to be. Sarah kept my entire (large) crew on schedule and I was able to do everything I wanted to that day. It was honestly a dream! Sarah and her team were super organized, friendly, and so calm. They were the perfect people to be around during such a crazy day. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Sarah for your big day. You will not regret it!!

Morgan · Married on 10/08/2016

Morgan and Michael's day was perfect. However not without the help of our wonderful wedding planner!!!!!! Beth McHugh is the perfect person for this job. Her passion and love for her work just shines through the day. There is no one better. She found her calling and I'm so glad she was here for us.

Rufus · Married on 10/08/2016

If you want to enjoy your wedding, use Plum and Poppy. Beth McHugh is wonderful. As a professional DJ, I have been involved in countless weddings good and bad. Beth has now coordinated both of my daughters weddings and they were both magnificent. I always tell my clients to expect something to go wrong, because it usually does. This weekend at my daughter Morgan's wedding I know that there were at least 2 big problems brewing and Beth shouldered the burden and fixed them without my wife and daughter ever knowing about it. I have had many friends and family members tell me they plan on using Beth when their time arrives for their daughters weddings.
    Thank you so much for making sure nothing interfered with making Morgan and Michael's wedding perfect!
    Rufus Ayres

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

We found Sarah via our photographer because they are best friends. From the moment we spoke with Sarah on the phone, the connection was immediate. We hired her that same evening before we ever met her in person. Once we met her in person, it only confirmed our decision to hire her for day-of coordination services because she came with a list of things we hadn't even thought of yet. Sarah was always responsive to any sort of question or concern. She met with us and our florist to make sure everyone was on the same page in terms of the overall look for the ceremony and reception. She created a timeline for our wedding day and communicated it to all of our vendors. She was always timely and courteous. At the rehearsal, she corralled everyone and kept us on track (even though we ourselves were running behind!). She intervened on our behalf when the invitation/printing vendor incorrectly printed items the week before the wedding. The day-of she and her team set everything up and helped our florist make everything look beautiful. All the decorations turned out even better than we anticipated in our imagination, and a large part of that is due to Sarah. We handed her boxes of stuff and just said, "Use your best judgment on where to put things." She knocked it out of the park. Truly, a wonderful experience and worth the money. We were a little hesitant in hiring a coordinator because it is an extra expense; however, after meeting Sarah, we wished we had done it sooner in the process. We honestly can't say enough good things about Sarah and her team. She treated our wedding day as if it were her own. So glad we met her! We give our highest recommendation and would not hesitate to hire her for any type of celebration planning.

Adored working with Sarah, she was such a great help throughout the entire process!

Andi · Married on 08/20/2016

The ladies at Plum and Poppy are amazing! Seeing that I work in the industry, I know how critical a planner is on the big day, so it was a no-brainer for me to hire Sarah and her team to help execute my vision. They were quick to respond to all of my questions, and helpful with suggestions when asked. They made my day as stress-free as possible and I couldn’t have imagined having anyone else as part of my wedding day dream team.

Abbie · Married on 07/24/2016

Plum & Poppy was such an exceptional company from the very beginning! We ended up meeting with Beth McHugh and WOW we could not have been any more impressed and happy with her service as well as company throughout the entire planning! From the start, Beth not only listened to everything we wanted and visioned but she also provided wonderful suggestions and ideas to help us reach our vision. Beth met with us one-on-one multiple times while planning for the wedding (I believe 3 times - maybe 4?!). Our family was very used to contacting all of our vendors and updated them with new information from planning my sisters weddings, however, Beth repeatedly told us she could do it all. She really did it ALL - we never had to contact anyone! Beth organized everything with all of our vendors and took several hardships off of our shoulders. Beth was not only exceptional in helping plan the wedding, but she was absolutely incredible on the wedding day!! Beth made sure that I, the bride, knew none of the little drama going on and she fixed every single issue that came our way. To name one unbelievable thing Beth did - the groom had bought a tux and the shirt they gave him ended up being a suit shirt not a tux shirt, so the shirt did not have any holes for studs...Beth drove to a store about 30 minutes before the first look, took Marty's shirt size, and bought him a tux shirt in time for the first look! Beth was amazing and Plum & Poppy is so wonderful! I highly recommend anyone using this company!! :)

Maria · Married on 06/18/2016

Sarah was absolutely incredible! I felt we were in the same page since day one. I'm so happy I found her. She put lots of effort in understanding every detail I wanted for my wedding and executed it to the best possible. She had great advice on tons of different areas, and was able to suggest the perfect florist for what I wanted. The day of the wedding I did not had to worry about anything, she and her team made sure everything flowed perfectly, even when half of my bridal party did not speak English! Her responsiveness was incredible. Sarah thank you so much for helping us make our day the day of our dreams!

Vanessa · Married on 06/11/2016

Plum & Poppy handled the day-of coordination for our 6/11/16 wedding, and I can not recommend them highly enough! Beth was so kind and incredibly easy to work with. She took care of everything on our wedding day and left us with the ability to relax and truly enjoy the day. The day-of coordination services were very competitively priced for the area, and in our opinion, worth every penny. Thanks Beth and Sarah!

nikki · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Plum & Poppy!! We hired them sort of last minute and it was probably the best decision we made out of all of our vendors! We worked with Beth and she was AMAZING!! Our entire wedding was outdoors with a tent reception and it stormed like crazy alllll day! Not just raining but sideways wind and torrential downpours! Beth and her assistants kept everything going and we were actually able to have the wedding outside. It was better than we could have ever imagined and there is NO way we could have done it without them. Forever grateful and appreciative!!!! Against the elements they made sure we had our dream wedding. xo Nikki & Travis

Katie · Married on 06/04/2016

I truly give Sarah and the entire team at Plum & Poppy my highest recommendations.

Sarah and team helped our wedding run flawlessly. There was a major storm approaching our outdoor wedding venue at the exact start time of our ceremony, and Sarah coordinated a major location change so smoothly that people thought we had always intended it to be in the backup location.

In the time leading up to our wedding, Sarah learned our style and vision and helped ensure everyone at the venue was always on the same page. As an event planner by trade, I knew I needed someone with 1) amazing attention to detail that I could fully trust 2) someone who was fun and would make life easier for the bridal party, not more hectic 3) someone who would take on the stresses of the day for me so that I could focus on having a blast with all of those people most important to me --- I firmly believe our day would have been far less carefree and more anxiety-filled if Sarah and her wonderful team hadn't been by our side.

Karyssa · Married on 05/21/2016

Where do I even begin. Sarah was so amazing to work with. I worked with Sarah to plan our entire wedding. From our initial meeting to after the wedding Sarah helped plan every detail and made sure my husband and I had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding. She met with us throughout the entire wedding process and was extremely quick to respond to emails. She helped us pick an AMAZING vendor team. Sarah and her team helped provide us with so much ease the day of the wedding. She picks some of the best people to work with and truly puts her heart and sole into her company. We worked with Heather the day of our wedding and she was just as amazing as Sarah to work with. You can tell that Sarah loves what she does and works hard to give each bride and groom everything that they wanted on their wedding day. From the big things like venue and the florist down to the small details she helped us with everything. We couldn't have dreamed of a better wedding day!

Julie · Married on 05/14/2016

I used Sarah for day of coordinating and can not imagine not having her services. She allowed me, my bridesmaids and vendors to be stress free as she made sure everything was coordinated and on time. My photographer was even amazed on how schedule we were.

Sarah was more than willing to help with anything I asked at anytime of the day (setting up escort cards, folding programs, taking purses to the head table, getting my flower girl her basket ect.). Multiple members of my bridal party commented on her friendliness and professionalism and I agree to that as well!

I am now telling my bride to be friends that if they can not afford a full on wedding planner, a day of coordinator is a must! Trying to enjoy your day does not include worrying about time and final tasks needed to be done.

Thank you to Sarah and here team for making my day a seamless, beautiful day!!!

Vanessa · Married on 05/07/2016

Plum and Poppy was amazing to work with! Sarah made the process go so smoothly and I appreciated her timeliness in responding to emails and answering all our questions about vendors, etc. Our day of coordinator, Beth, did a great job! It was the perfect day. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

• Chanda

Chanda · Married on 04/30/2016

Beth and Sarah were absolutely amazing to work with! As soon as I met them I knew it was a perfect fit. Beth kept in contact with my vendors before the wedding and made sure everyone was on the same page. I felt completely calm on my wedding day and knew I could trust Beth to look over everything. I highly recommend Plum and Poppy!!