Pleasant Valley Country Club Reviews

19 | Sutton, MA

19 Reviews for Pleasant Valley Country Club

Sarah Himmighoefer · Married on 10/24/2020

What a treat

Pleasant Valley is absolutely beautiful and the staff there are the sweetest.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Hi Sarah!
    Thank you so much for your kind words and so happy you enjoyed our Bridal Showcase / Tasting.

We can’t wait to help create your perfect day!

• Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 09/06/2020

Perfect wedding!!

Pleasant Valley was recommended to us by a friend that got married here also. We easily made our decision after seeing the venue, the ballroom is beautiful and can hold so many people. Pleasant valley was also much cheaper than a lot of places we looked at. Getting married during covid was not an easy process. Donna and the team at pleasant valley allowed to us to have our small but perfect wedding and we couldn’t have asked for a better day. All our guests complimented how beautiful it was at PV and so many people told it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding!! Couldn’t recommend PV more!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Ashleigh...it was our pleasure to help create a perfect day for you and Jason!

Wishing you both all the best in your future.

xo
    Donna
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 02/29/2020

Pleasant Valley is the place to book!

OH MY GOD!!! Pleasant Valley is absolutely incredible. I worked with Donna to plan our day start to finish and it was PERFECT. She worked with us 110%. She understood exactly what we were looking for and made it happen, plus some! Karen was also absolutely amazing day of and was always around and available for us when we needed. I would recommend this place and this team to anyone!! I'm still coming down from our day weeks later.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Dear Lindsey!
    Thank you so much for your lovely thoughts, this was our pleasure to help host your special day! You and Eric were so great to work with and wish you nothing but happiness in your future together.
    Best,
    Donna
  • Sereena

Sereena · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful venue!

We just recently had our dream wedding at pleasant valley. We couldn't have imagined our day any better. Eileen was great, and so easy to work with and she answered any questions we had! Karen, our day of coordinator was wonderful! She made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it and helped our day go smoothly. The food was amazing, and the venue was absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend pleasant valley! Thank you for the wedding we will never forget!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfect Wedding Day

We couldn’t have chosen a better venue for our wedding, we looked at many places and decided that it was the right place and location for us. The free annual tasting allowed us to try out many different menu options and eventually decide on what we wanted to serve at out wedding. We loved the package which included free valet, unlimited fruit and cheese for cocktail hour, everything was placed exactly where we wanted it including decorations, tables, centerpieces, all meals were correct and timely. The venue is large enough for a big wedding and didn’t feel crowded at all. They made all planning easy and stress-free, the banquet manager was very communicative and professional. Overall, we had a fairytale wedding surrounded by our loved ones. I would recommend for any couple looking for a beautiful location and a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Perfect venue!

Pleasant Valley was everything I ever could have hoped for in a wedding venue. The second I walked in, I knew this was where we would have our reception (we got married at a nearby church). Michelle was super fantastic to work with, and made the planning process so easy. The food tasting they hold is absolutely amazing- my parents joined my fiance and I and were amazed by how good all of the food was! Michelle also helped connect us with other amazing vendors that we used for our wedding, which was really helpful. The day of the wedding, everything went smoothly and was absolutely perfect. The staff were all professional and helpful, and I received many compliments from guests on both the venue and food. Highly highly recommend, I could not picture having my reception anywhere else.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Kelli · Married on 03/27/2016

We couldn't have asked for a nicer staff. Venue was just refurbished and we were the first wedding after the refurbishing. Would recommend highly. We had the winter wonderland package and it was well worth the money.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We loved working with you as well:)

Amy · Married on 01/10/2015

Pleasant Valley Country Club was fantastic. Michelle and Dave were so professional. Any question I had they responded to very quickly! They explained every detail to me and on the day of the wedding they made me feel at peace and very relaxed. The venue was amazing and they directed me to other amazing vendors which also helped make our day amazing. The food tasted so delicious and even though I screwed up an entire table (it was missing) Dave fixed it without any issues. I cannot say enough nice things about this place. Also the winter wedding package that I chose was very affordable. They even respond to emergency very well. My brand new husband cut himself with the cake server, started to bleed and they got him bandaged up and fixed without anyone knowing. There was not one single issue that I had the whole night it was amazing, best night of my life!!!!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Amy!! It was really a pleasure to work with you.

First I would like to say that when you start to look at venues make sure you know what you want and need. My two requirements was that it fit at least 200 people comfortably and we could decorate HOWEVER we wanted. EVERY OTHER venue we looked at had EXTREME constraints on decorations. At PV, whatever we wanted we got! Second, Michelle is the best wedding coordinator I have ever met. The answer is always YES and when it happens to not be yes, it is never no. She always tries to make sure whatever the bride and groom want, they get. We had served dinner and included potatoes with one of the meal selections, well my husband doesn't eat potatoes, so Michelle made sure his plate at rice. I also wanted risotto as a side, Michelle made sure it was there. Our flower girl did not want chicken fingers, not a problem, Michelle made sure she had a hot dog. EVERY detail we asked was performed perfectly by the PV staff! After Michelle coordinates all the details prior to the event date, the banquet manager, Donna, takes over. We met with Donna a few days before the wedding and laid out all the minute details and ALL were PERFECT the day of. Donna and her staff were VERY accommodating! We had a guest who was late to the reception because of his military obligations and missed dinner. Donna had the chef cook him a separate meal once he arrived. We also brought a sugar-free cake, as some of our guests are diabetic and could not eat our wedding cake; Donna and her staff made sure they knew which guests were to have the sugar free cake and served them accordingly. I cannot say enough about the staff at PV. The food was also great! (which can sometimes be the biggest let down at a wedding). And given the size and accommodations at PV, the price is extremely reasonable. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was great to work with you!!!

Michelle, the wedding coordinator was great to work with. We had the Greenside room, which was perfect for our 80 guests. We were thrilled with the appearance of the room and the quality of service. The food was excellent. We were delighted with everything!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Kristin · Married on 10/11/2014

Loved everything. Michelle was awesome to work with and accommodated my every need. Highly recommend this place and her to everyone.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin, It was great to work with you too!!!

Keri · Married on 10/04/2014

I can't say enough about Michelle Violette from Pleasant Valley Country Club. I am an event planner for a Pharmaceutical company and have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 20 years. So often once you sign the contract the salesperson is suddenly much less responsive. Not so in Michelle's case.

Every question, every concern was responded to in a VERY timely fashion and addressed. Michelle got on board with our Tuscan "theme" and worked with the chef to create a menu specifically for us with all of the options that we wanted to provide (at a very reasonable price, I might add). Michelle was so easy to work with.

On the day of the wedding I was able to enjoy my guests and not worry about what was happening around me. The staff was responsive and our coordinator made everything run perfectly. I would recommend Pleasant Valley to anyone.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much Kerry, it was my pleasure. Your Tuscan touches were beautiful!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/07/2014

Michelle (wedding coordinator) at PVCC was fantastic to work with. As an out of state bride it was important for me to have the ability to have flexibility in planning and do a lot of communicating via email. Michelle definitely met my planning needs to make my wedding happen smoothly and without a hitch. The wedding day itself was fabulous; the staff set all of our decorations up as requested (and went above and beyond!), and took care of the timeline and making sure everything kept on schedule. As as self identified control freak, it was awesome to be able to let go for the day and know that everything would be taken care of!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie, it was a great to work with you too!!

Krystal · Married on 08/30/2014

Michelle, the Sales coordinator was absolutely amazing! So professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process! She was available to answer any questions we had. The venue is absolutely gorgeous with all their landscaping and flowers everywhere! Donna, the banquet Manager was also amazing. Both ladies made you feel very welcome and were extremely helpful in making my husband and I enjoy our special day. The salmon and chicken prosciutto were mouth watering. Our guests are still talking about how good all the food was at both dinner and the cocktail hour. The price was extremely affordable as well with 4 different packages that can be customized. You could have both your ceremony and reception held at the club but we held our wedding ceremony at our church and had the reception at Pleasant Valley. We had an amazing day.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you Krystal, It was great to work with you. Congrats again!!!

Fantastic. Best place around central MA. The food was wonderful (which cannot be said for many venues), the floral arrangements were very nice outside the hall, there was plenty of room for everyone, Michelle Violette is wonderful and will do anything for you, and pretty much everything was perfect there. There was no trouble at all during the reception for our wedding and everyone was so nice and attentive. The waitstaff were great and quick, and the room was very nice.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/14/2012

What a gorgeous place for a wedding! The staff was amazing and everything went perfectly. They set up the room and ceremony area exactly as I had asked them to and made sure we were taken care of all night. Even the food was delicious!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Pleasant Valley Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truely a pleasure to work with you and we wish you the best!!

Kristine · Married on 05/17/2009

We had a wonderful experience with Pleasant Valley Country Club. They walked us through every last detail from the moment we had our first visit with them. Their wedding packages include SO much and it was all very very simple. The staff and wedding coordinators were exceptional.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Joanna Shohan · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful experience!

From start to finish, Pleasant Valley was a great experience. They were easy to work with, very easy to reach (even when the event coordinator left for a new job, the new one was just as wonderful), and flexible. At first I was against having a country club wedding (I wanted a unique venue, and PV was not the most unique of places), but this place is kept SO beautiful and clean, it is newly updated, the gardens and grounds are spectacular, and it is by far the most affordable option out there when it comes to all inclusive venues. I brought my own decorations and left the rest of the decorating to the banquet managers hands, and she did a gorgeous job and made sure I liked it too. The reception was very organized, the banquet manager kept everything on time and running smoothly (you could tell she’s been doing it a long time). The food was a 7/10 (the meat was great, the sides were just ok). The venue has contracts with a florist and baker as well as surrounding hotels, and the florist (Herbert Berg) and bakery (Bean Counter) were SUPERB! Best wedding cake ever, and I couldn’t have been happier with the flowers.
    Overall my husband and I were very pleased with Pleasant Valley.
    The only negatives were: They were unable to obtain a certain kind of Greek liquor (granted it’s not well known, but it’s sold in many liquor stores) for the bar.
    We were only allowed to take pictures in the designated area because it is a golf course , which is a shame because so many areas are perfect for nice pictures. However the designated area is gorgeous and has many options for pictures.
    The food was very good! But the side vegetables were not great.
    Despite those negatives, PV was a wonderful place to hold our reception and we have zero regrets holding it there!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Friendly sales person. Worked with our budget.

Sent on 11/27/2012