Planet Barbeque Catering Reviews

27 Reviews for Planet Barbeque Catering

27 Planet Barbeque Catering Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2018

AMAZING experience!

We highly recommend Planet BBQ. For our outdoor wedding, we knew we wanted a menu that matched our laid back style. Dave answered every question I had and was incredible yesterday reassuring through the entire process. Planet BBQ was exactly what we had been searching for. Not only were they affordable, but the food was excellent and our guests still can’t stop talking about how delicious it was! We had appotizers for our guests as well as pulled pork, brisket, and chicken along with sides for our buffet menu. Additionally, Dave and his staff were professional and personal. We’ll definitely be using them again for future events!

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2018

Zero Complaints!!

Most people know that when planning a wedding, one of the most important components is the food. You want your guests to rave about it, and you want to walk away feeling like it was well worth the money. Planet BBQ far exceeded this expectation!! Not only is it phenomenal BBQ food, but it is also elegantly displayed, professionally served, and they offer incredible variety. We had family from all over the country, some who come from the heart of BBQ states (the Carolinas), who were absolutely blown away by the flavor. We also had food connoisseurs in attendance who own top notch fine dining establishments in Seattle.... their were completely blown away with the food!!! When you have pleased the toughest crowd, you know the food is simply the best. Along with this, Dave and Lou are incredibly personable. They are beyond responsive to emails, including responding while away on vacation in another country!!! If any bride is considering branching out from the traditional chicken piccata/filet type menu, Planet BBQ is hands down the way to go !!!!!!

janice · Married on 09/22/2018

Thank you Lou, Dave and the Planet Barbecue staff for helping to make Steve and Aimee's wedding on Saturday so memorable. Everyone involved was so very gracious and helpful! The food was amazing! Our guests have been calling to complement us on the food that was served! I can"t tell how good that makes us feel! You helped early in the planning stages and guided us along the way! Thank you once again for all that you did for us! We highly recommend Planet Barbecue for it's professional and friendly style!!

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2018

Planet BBQ was a huge hit at our wedding, the food was amazing, and everything went perfectly. Initially we went through a couple different menu options, and they were very quick with responses and changes in the quote. While everything was delicious, the smoked salmon was the best I've ever had, and was even great the next day (and day after that) as leftovers. We also went with the pulled pork and brisket, both were fantastic. An amazing value for the price, and Dave was very helpful with guiding us through the process.

• User3423368 · Recently married

Wonderful to work with we changed our minds and added services very helpful in making our day special! All of our guests are still talking about the food and how amazing it was!

V · Married on 09/01/2018

The best!! Every guest was impressed with the food. Thank you very much!!

Sara · Married on 08/31/2018

We wanted bbq for our low key, Audubon society wedding but were concerned about finding a place that was professional, affordable and that still felt special. Planet BBQ did an amazing job. The food was delicious and everything was beautifully set up. They provided us with eco friendly palm leaf plates and cutlery that were convenient but also that looked nice. The serving staff was all super friendly and flexible (rain caused us to have our ceremony at the reception site and our wedding party was lined up in the kitchen as they were trying to set up). They also helped us with cake cutting and quickly and efficiently wrapped up all of our leftovers.
    Planet BBQ made the whole planning process go smoothly and they communicated promptly to any questions/concerns. They also came up with great vegan ideas for our non meat eating guests. I have nothing but great things to say about them!

Anne · Married on 07/07/2018

Planet Barbecue catered our “We Do Barbecue” for 165 people. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would Highly Recommend them!

Kim · Married on 07/07/2018

The day was so very busy! The catering was fabulous. The food was delicious and everyone loved them. I definetly will use them again!

Jen · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you Planet Barbeque for an amazing job catering our wedding!! The food was incredible, as was the service! We couldn’t have asked for better. We still have guests talking about how excellent the food was! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to cater a party or wedding!
    Thank you Planet Barbeque!

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

Planet BBQ catered our wedding reception and they were absolutely amazing! They were professional, helpful and informative throughout the entire planning process. They were accommodating with dietary restrictions, and provided so many different options. The food was incredible - all of it! We cannot recommending Planet BBQ enough!!

Karla · Married on 05/19/2018

Thank you for catering this wedding, in the midst of the devastation of the TORNADO!!!! Right like clockwork, you offered DELICIOUS food, Everyone came out of your buffet with a plate that was STEAMING HOT! And the pork was oh so fabulous. Lou cut the cake, and seamlessly did all of the things that were right on target. Cheers and THANK-YOU, for all you did!!!! Karla (mother of the groom)

Bianca · Married on 10/28/2017

Dave and Terry,
    I wanted to send a note to thank you for everything you did on Friday to make our day the most special day we could have asked for. All of my family and friends raved about the food, seriously, all night they talked about it and we continue to get compliments about how delicious everything was. Not only did everyone love the food, they had nothing but amazing things to say about you two and your amazing staff as well. I appreciate everything your staff did that night, I could not have asked for more. You made everything go so smoothly, took any worries I had off of my mind and just put both Drew and I at ease, from the planning stages, to making sure my Mother in Law felt like she could enjoy her food, you were both truly amazing. I am so glad that we chose you to cater our wedding, it was the best choice we made. Thank you again so much for all of your hard work, the delicious food and fun times. We loved everything and are so happy that you were there to help make our day as amazing as possible. And the brisket was the best we've had in our lives, seriously still thinking about it!

Bianca and Drew

Planet Barbeque Catering 1

Virginia · Married on 09/24/2017

OMG!! Planet Barbeque was everything I hoped for and more!! What a delicious, incredible and wonderful dinner they cooked for us!! My guests LOVED the meal and could not stop raving about it. I highly recommend them and would use them if I had another party to host.

Annalise · Married on 09/02/2017

Planet BBQ was referred to us from our venue and we could not have been happier! First of all, Dave and Lou are both very professional, timely in their response, and care deeply for their food and clients. From the moment my husband and I sat down with them, we knew we wanted to hire them. Then the food tasting came and there was not a doubt in our minds that we had chosen right. Dave and Lou even accommodated requests made by family members, such as having two buffet lines. Some family were skeptical about having BBQ and after the wedding was over I received phone calls and texts from people raving about how much they loved the food. Just delicious and amazing. Thanks Planet BBQ!

Alyssa · Married on 09/01/2017

Planet BBQ was amazing! The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and we we're very, very pleased! The mac & cheese is to die for!!

• I

Irv & Debbie · Married on 08/12/2017

The Planet BBQ Team provided exceptional quality and value. The staff was accommodating, friendly and efficient and the food and choices were WOW!!!! It's been two weeks since the event and we continue to receive compliments. We had over 200 people and portions were so generous that there was still a modest amount of leftovers for the "after party." Well done to Dave, Lou and the team at Planet BBQ!!!

J · Married on 06/24/2017

My daughter booked this caterer and what a great job she did! This is one of those things where you get what you pay for! If you get appetizers plus a full meal it will be pricey, but with that cost you will get top-notch food, professional service with uniforms, and they help do most of the clean-up of the plates for the appetizers and the meal and they provide the tents(if outdoors) and tables, tablecloths and paper products for the buffet (you have to provide your own tent/venue and tables, for your guests). Just make sure you plan on an exact time for them to arrive on the day of the event which we forgot to do, and we started to get a bit nervous when the wedding was only a few hours away and they hadn't arrived yet, but we got a hold of them and all was fine! This was our rookie planning mistake, as I was asked for a timeline of events. Also, We had a lot of guests who were gluten-free or dairy-free and their staff were knowledgeable as to what was in the food and the only things we had to provide was gluten-free crackers and buns. Just let them know when you are ordering that you have special diets, so you have the biggest selection for all of your guests! The guests loved the food, I was a little nervous about serving on paper but no one seemed to care and it made the price less expensive, since we also would have had to rent plates and silverware. But paper made for an easier clean-up and a more carefree two-family-union-type picnic feel. It was quite lovely and even our pickiest family members raved about the food and experience! There was A LOT of food leftover, that we put in our freezers! Note: if you belong to a church or organization with a good reception room (with enough tables, chairs, tablecloths, nice bathrooms, and parking) you could probably save a lot of money on tent, table, chair, tablecloth and bathroom rental! Just get these guys to do the food! Even my husband says "They were awesome!"

Jasmine · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with Dave & Lou was AMAZING! From the start to finish. My menu was outstanding.
    They made me feel so special on my wedding day. They made sure my guest was happy and all their needs was met. If you are looking for GOOD food and people who care. Please use these guys. You will be truly happy with the outcome.

Alex · Married on 09/09/2016

Delicious, on time, attention to detail, all awesome!

Lisa · Married on 08/20/2016

Planet bbq was great! The food was amazing!! My wedding guests are still talking about their Mac and cheese!! Super fast response time!! I highly recommend them!

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2016

Use them, stop looking at other caters. Minus the fact they don't do the liquor portion, they were amazing! Every single person loved the food - everything. It's been 3 weeks and when people talk about the reception, the first thing they mention is how good the food was! We couldn't have been happier. In fact, we'd like to attend another function they cater as a guest so we can enjoy all the food and ice cream station!

Brynn · Married on 10/10/2015

Planet BBQ was absolutely amazing! My husband and I intentionally chose a venue that allowed us to bring in our own caterer, and I'm so glad we did. Dave and Lou were so flexible with any request that we had, and the food was absolutely delicious. There was so much of it! We brought home leftovers, and had wedding food for a week after. I highly recommend them for anyone who wants comfort food at their wedding, but wants something presented in a fancier way. The presentation was outstanding, and they really helped make our wedding that much more special.

Luz · Married on 08/22/2015

Seriously one of the best vendors that we got to work with for our wedding! Everyone raved about the food and the service was impeccable. They were incredibly easy to book and plan with and came in the day of the wedding and just got everything done without any issues or even questions really. Everything is still talking about the food a year later! Would definitely use them again in a heartbeat!

Kellie · Married on 10/12/2014

Amazing company! David & Terry were amazing. My wedding was almost 2 years ago & people are still raving about the Mac n cheese! Strongly reccomend!