Planet Barbeque Catering Reviews

Planet Barbeque Catering 6
Planet Barbeque Catering 7
  • Kelley

Kelley Devlin · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Excellent food & service for a perfectly executed event!

Planet BBQ catered our 70-person event at Parmelee Farm and we could not have been happier with our decision! The food and service were excellent and we found the pricing to be very fair. Dave and Lou were very responsive and helpful leading up to the day of the event and they executed it perfectly along with their friendly staff. We had the brisket, cedar plank grilled salmon, and cider BBQ chicken as the entree choices and they were all delicious - we especially recommend the brisket! They also had great vegetarian options, which can be tricky to accommodate at a barbecue, and many sides to choose from. We highly recommend Planet BBQ Catering and would choose them again without question!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious!

OMG. This food was AMAZING. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was from both the cocktail hour apps and the dinner buffet. The setup was beautiful and so professional and the staff was super friendly making sure my groom and I got to eat and making us plates which we really appreciated. I'm hoping I can attend another event where they are catering because I cannot get enough of this food! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

C. Catrini · Married on 09/28/2019

Unbelievably fantastic!

I don’t have the words to express how happy we are with our experience with Planet BBQ!! They simply are so on point from the taste and quality of the food to the unbelievable staff. They made my son and daughter in law’s wedding a stellar event!!!!
    THANK YOU, DAVE & LOU!!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Planet Barbeque Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Cathy! You were a joy to work with through the whole planning process.
    Best, Dave Terry & Lou Fusco

Dina · Married on 09/14/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything better!

We loved our experience with planet BBQ. The food was out of this world. Everyone had something positive to say. Being Italian, I was beyond nervous about running out of food. But we had PLENTY of leftovers. Which was nice because our family got to enjoy everything the next day. I would 100% hire them again not only for a wedding, but any special event. Thanks so much Dave and Lou!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Margaret P · Married on 08/18/2019

Backyard reception

Lou Fusco was amazing to work with. He answered every question and every text. The staff was professional and friendly and did an awesome job. The food was AMAZING !! People are still raving about everything from the appetizers to the strawberry shortcake bar. Would hire them again without a doubt. Thanks again for an amazing day.

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Planet Barbeque Catering 13
    Planet Barbeque Catering 14

Katie · Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding 8-10-19

We had our wedding August 10th 2019, and let me tell you everyone loved the food! Dave was such a pleasure to work with and responded to every email right away no matter when. The staff was so wonderful and went up and beyond expectations! They helped with serving but then helped bring the extra food into the house and bring out our cookie arrangements, and served the cake. They were very respectful of my family’s property, where our wedding was held. I would and will recommend Planet BBQ to everyone and anyone I can! Very satisfied! Hope to use them again in the future for smaller events, I know my family will.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Thanks Katie!
    You and your family could not be better people to work with.
    Thanks for our first baked potato 🥔 bar!

Dr · Married on 07/10/2019

5 Star. Highly recommend.

Great food. Nice people and service. Some salad items need a bit more salt. Beef brisket is unbelievably good.  5 Star. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Katie Smith · Married on 06/29/2019

Great food, great people!

Planet BBQ recently catered for our wedding in June in Fairfield, CT. We would highly recommend using them for your next event. My husband and I live in Australia, so as you can imagine it was hard to organise a wedding from overseas, but Dave and Lou made it very easy! Not only were they very responsive, but the service at the wedding was excellent and the food was sooo delicious. Everyone told us that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding! They packed up all the leftovers for us, and we were eating bbq for days afterwards (aka living the dream). Definitely use them for your next event. Thanks again to the Planet BBQ team!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Cheers, Katie!
    We appreciate the great review! By far my longest distance wedding planner! Best to you both,
    Dave & Lou

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing food

Dave and Lou have to be my favorite vendors from my wedding. They were helpful and quick with all inquiries I had , worked with me to come up with a menu and budget that worked , even cooked a few burgers for my dad (that wasn’t on our menu ) since he doesn’t eat barbecue . The food was so amazing people were and are still commenting about how It was the best barbecue they ever had .
    My wedding planner forgot to tell them that we had certain plates and silverware , when I went to get food I noticed luckily their staff was quick to get them and put them out without anyone noticing.
    I was very impressed at the level of professionalism they operated at and would recommend them for any event .

Sent on 05/29/2019

Planet Barbeque Catering's reply:

Thanks for the great review Nicole!
    We enjoyed working with you.
    Best to you and Nash for your future together.
    Dave

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2018

AMAZING experience!

We highly recommend Planet BBQ. For our outdoor wedding, we knew we wanted a menu that matched our laid back style. Dave answered every question I had and was incredible yesterday reassuring through the entire process. Planet BBQ was exactly what we had been searching for. Not only were they affordable, but the food was excellent and our guests still can’t stop talking about how delicious it was! We had appotizers for our guests as well as pulled pork, brisket, and chicken along with sides for our buffet menu. Additionally, Dave and his staff were professional and personal. We’ll definitely be using them again for future events!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2018

Zero Complaints!!

Most people know that when planning a wedding, one of the most important components is the food. You want your guests to rave about it, and you want to walk away feeling like it was well worth the money. Planet BBQ far exceeded this expectation!! Not only is it phenomenal BBQ food, but it is also elegantly displayed, professionally served, and they offer incredible variety. We had family from all over the country, some who come from the heart of BBQ states (the Carolinas), who were absolutely blown away by the flavor. We also had food connoisseurs in attendance who own top notch fine dining establishments in Seattle.... their were completely blown away with the food!!! When you have pleased the toughest crowd, you know the food is simply the best. Along with this, Dave and Lou are incredibly personable. They are beyond responsive to emails, including responding while away on vacation in another country!!! If any bride is considering branching out from the traditional chicken piccata/filet type menu, Planet BBQ is hands down the way to go !!!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

janice · Married on 09/22/2018

Thank you Lou, Dave and the Planet Barbecue staff for helping to make Steve and Aimee's wedding on Saturday so memorable. Everyone involved was so very gracious and helpful! The food was amazing! Our guests have been calling to complement us on the food that was served! I can"t tell how good that makes us feel! You helped early in the planning stages and guided us along the way! Thank you once again for all that you did for us! We highly recommend Planet Barbecue for it's professional and friendly style!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2018

Planet BBQ was a huge hit at our wedding, the food was amazing, and everything went perfectly. Initially we went through a couple different menu options, and they were very quick with responses and changes in the quote. While everything was delicious, the smoked salmon was the best I've ever had, and was even great the next day (and day after that) as leftovers. We also went with the pulled pork and brisket, both were fantastic. An amazing value for the price, and Dave was very helpful with guiding us through the process.

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • User3423368 · 1+ year ago

Wonderful to work with we changed our minds and added services very helpful in making our day special! All of our guests are still talking about the food and how amazing it was!

Sent on 09/10/2018

V · Married on 09/01/2018

The best!! Every guest was impressed with the food. Thank you very much!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sara · Married on 08/31/2018

We wanted bbq for our low key, Audubon society wedding but were concerned about finding a place that was professional, affordable and that still felt special. Planet BBQ did an amazing job. The food was delicious and everything was beautifully set up. They provided us with eco friendly palm leaf plates and cutlery that were convenient but also that looked nice. The serving staff was all super friendly and flexible (rain caused us to have our ceremony at the reception site and our wedding party was lined up in the kitchen as they were trying to set up). They also helped us with cake cutting and quickly and efficiently wrapped up all of our leftovers.
    Planet BBQ made the whole planning process go smoothly and they communicated promptly to any questions/concerns. They also came up with great vegan ideas for our non meat eating guests. I have nothing but great things to say about them!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Anne · Married on 07/07/2018

Planet Barbecue catered our “We Do Barbecue” for 165 people. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would Highly Recommend them!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Kim · Married on 07/07/2018

The day was so very busy! The catering was fabulous. The food was delicious and everyone loved them. I definetly will use them again!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Jen · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you Planet Barbeque for an amazing job catering our wedding!! The food was incredible, as was the service! We couldn’t have asked for better. We still have guests talking about how excellent the food was! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to cater a party or wedding!
    Thank you Planet Barbeque!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

Planet BBQ catered our wedding reception and they were absolutely amazing! They were professional, helpful and informative throughout the entire planning process. They were accommodating with dietary restrictions, and provided so many different options. The food was incredible - all of it! We cannot recommending Planet BBQ enough!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Karla · Married on 05/19/2018

Thank you for catering this wedding, in the midst of the devastation of the TORNADO!!!! Right like clockwork, you offered DELICIOUS food, Everyone came out of your buffet with a plate that was STEAMING HOT! And the pork was oh so fabulous. Lou cut the cake, and seamlessly did all of the things that were right on target. Cheers and THANK-YOU, for all you did!!!! Karla (mother of the groom)

Sent on 05/23/2018

Bianca · Married on 10/28/2017

Dave and Terry,
    I wanted to send a note to thank you for everything you did on Friday to make our day the most special day we could have asked for. All of my family and friends raved about the food, seriously, all night they talked about it and we continue to get compliments about how delicious everything was. Not only did everyone love the food, they had nothing but amazing things to say about you two and your amazing staff as well. I appreciate everything your staff did that night, I could not have asked for more. You made everything go so smoothly, took any worries I had off of my mind and just put both Drew and I at ease, from the planning stages, to making sure my Mother in Law felt like she could enjoy her food, you were both truly amazing. I am so glad that we chose you to cater our wedding, it was the best choice we made. Thank you again so much for all of your hard work, the delicious food and fun times. We loved everything and are so happy that you were there to help make our day as amazing as possible. And the brisket was the best we've had in our lives, seriously still thinking about it!

Bianca and Drew

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Planet Barbeque Catering 15

Virginia · Married on 09/24/2017

OMG!! Planet Barbeque was everything I hoped for and more!! What a delicious, incredible and wonderful dinner they cooked for us!! My guests LOVED the meal and could not stop raving about it. I highly recommend them and would use them if I had another party to host.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Annalise · Married on 09/02/2017

Planet BBQ was referred to us from our venue and we could not have been happier! First of all, Dave and Lou are both very professional, timely in their response, and care deeply for their food and clients. From the moment my husband and I sat down with them, we knew we wanted to hire them. Then the food tasting came and there was not a doubt in our minds that we had chosen right. Dave and Lou even accommodated requests made by family members, such as having two buffet lines. Some family were skeptical about having BBQ and after the wedding was over I received phone calls and texts from people raving about how much they loved the food. Just delicious and amazing. Thanks Planet BBQ!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/01/2017

Planet BBQ was amazing! The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and we we're very, very pleased! The mac & cheese is to die for!!

Sent on 09/11/2017