Planet Barbeque Catering Reviews

44 | Branford, CT

44 Reviews for Planet Barbeque Catering

• M Chenaif

M Chenaif · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Delicious food, excellent price and incredible service!

Planet BBQ provided excellency in various ways. Dave responds very quickly and made planning a wedding out of state easy. He was very knowledgeable and professional and was able to answer all of my questions and help guide the process. We did not have a wedding planner or wait staff so Dave and Lou's expertise was very much appreciated. I cannot recommend them enough. The price margin is so reasonable, you get a lot of great quality food that your guests will love. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was - even our guests with multiple food allergies. Our guests also commented on how friendly the staff was. Planet BBQ will go above and beyond and exceed your expectations and make your wedding planning and/or experience a lot easier.

Sent on 03/11/2020

Planet Barbeque Catering's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review Miriam! Working with you through the planning stages was a breeze. You have been blessed with a wonderful family and a great group of friends that made that reception beautiful.
    Dave

Leah Anderson · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect backyard wedding!

Planet BBQ catered our back yard wedding on 10/10/2020 and we had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing and the staff were friendly and all our guests raved about the chili and beef brisket! They pulled off a great spread given the COVID-19 situation and will highly recommend them to those looking for a BBQ company!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Ashley Chadwick · Married on 10/03/2020

Wedding 10.3.2020

Planet barbeque did an amazing job with my special day. The food was amazing, I definitely ate a lot of the leftovers haha. The price was amazing, and they were punctual and so very kind.

Sent on 11/11/2020

Crystal Stewart · Married on 09/27/2020

Excellent food and service!!

We had planet bbq cater our wedding and are so happy with our decision. The food was delicious and the staff was excellent , Lou and Dave were great to work with, they responded to every email or question I had right away. The whole day went perfect from appetizer to desserts, definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer, you will not be disappointed!
    Thank you Dave and Lou!!!

Sent on 09/30/2020

Katie Canavan · Married on 09/26/2020

Perfect BBQ for our special day

We had an excellent experience with Planet Barbeque Catering for our recent wedding. The staff was very responsive to our emails and reassured us of all the details, even during this crazy COVID time. On the day of, they showed up on time and set everything up as expected. They bring their own tables and tent so no need to worry about extra set up. They made everything very simple for us. The food was amazing. We are still getting compliments from our family and friends on how good everything tasted. If you’re looking for good, casual BBQ for your event, I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Kelley

Kelley Devlin · Married on 09/09/2020

Excellent food & service for a perfectly executed event!

Planet BBQ catered our 70-person event at Parmelee Farm and we could not have been happier with our decision! The food and service were excellent and we found the pricing to be very fair. Dave and Lou were very responsive and helpful leading up to the day of the event and they executed it perfectly along with their friendly staff. We had the brisket, cedar plank grilled salmon, and cider BBQ chicken as the entree choices and they were all delicious - we especially recommend the brisket! They also had great vegetarian options, which can be tricky to accommodate at a barbecue, and many sides to choose from. We highly recommend Planet BBQ Catering and would choose them again without question!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Erica Wlodkowski · Married on 08/16/2020

Very easy to communicate with and gave is exactly what we wanted

we had a wonderful experience with Planet BBQ. The food was absolutely amazing and the service was outstanding!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious!

OMG. This food was AMAZING. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was from both the cocktail hour apps and the dinner buffet. The setup was beautiful and so professional and the staff was super friendly making sure my groom and I got to eat and making us plates which we really appreciated. I'm hoping I can attend another event where they are catering because I cannot get enough of this food! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

C. Catrini · Married on 09/28/2019

Unbelievably fantastic!

I don’t have the words to express how happy we are with our experience with Planet BBQ!! They simply are so on point from the taste and quality of the food to the unbelievable staff. They made my son and daughter in law’s wedding a stellar event!!!!
    THANK YOU, DAVE & LOU!!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Planet Barbeque Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Cathy! You were a joy to work with through the whole planning process.
    Best, Dave Terry & Lou Fusco

Dina · Married on 09/14/2019

Couldn’t have asked for anything better!

We loved our experience with planet BBQ. The food was out of this world. Everyone had something positive to say. Being Italian, I was beyond nervous about running out of food. But we had PLENTY of leftovers. Which was nice because our family got to enjoy everything the next day. I would 100% hire them again not only for a wedding, but any special event. Thanks so much Dave and Lou!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Margaret P · Married on 08/18/2019

Backyard reception

Lou Fusco was amazing to work with. He answered every question and every text. The staff was professional and friendly and did an awesome job. The food was AMAZING !! People are still raving about everything from the appetizers to the strawberry shortcake bar. Would hire them again without a doubt. Thanks again for an amazing day.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Katie · Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding 8-10-19

We had our wedding August 10th 2019, and let me tell you everyone loved the food! Dave was such a pleasure to work with and responded to every email right away no matter when. The staff was so wonderful and went up and beyond expectations! They helped with serving but then helped bring the extra food into the house and bring out our cookie arrangements, and served the cake. They were very respectful of my family’s property, where our wedding was held. I would and will recommend Planet BBQ to everyone and anyone I can! Very satisfied! Hope to use them again in the future for smaller events, I know my family will.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Thanks Katie!
    You and your family could not be better people to work with.
    Thanks for our first baked potato 🥔 bar!

Dr · Married on 07/10/2019

5 Star. Highly recommend.

Great food. Nice people and service. Some salad items need a bit more salt. Beef brisket is unbelievably good.  5 Star. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Katie Smith · Married on 06/29/2019

Great food, great people!

Planet BBQ recently catered for our wedding in June in Fairfield, CT. We would highly recommend using them for your next event. My husband and I live in Australia, so as you can imagine it was hard to organise a wedding from overseas, but Dave and Lou made it very easy! Not only were they very responsive, but the service at the wedding was excellent and the food was sooo delicious. Everyone told us that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding! They packed up all the leftovers for us, and we were eating bbq for days afterwards (aka living the dream). Definitely use them for your next event. Thanks again to the Planet BBQ team!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Cheers, Katie!
    We appreciate the great review! By far my longest distance wedding planner! Best to you both,
    Dave & Lou

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing food

Dave and Lou have to be my favorite vendors from my wedding. They were helpful and quick with all inquiries I had , worked with me to come up with a menu and budget that worked , even cooked a few burgers for my dad (that wasn’t on our menu ) since he doesn’t eat barbecue . The food was so amazing people were and are still commenting about how It was the best barbecue they ever had .
    My wedding planner forgot to tell them that we had certain plates and silverware , when I went to get food I noticed luckily their staff was quick to get them and put them out without anyone noticing.
    I was very impressed at the level of professionalism they operated at and would recommend them for any event .

Sent on 05/29/2019

Planet Barbeque Catering's reply:

Thanks for the great review Nicole!
    We enjoyed working with you.
    Best to you and Nash for your future together.
    Dave

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2018

AMAZING experience!

We highly recommend Planet BBQ. For our outdoor wedding, we knew we wanted a menu that matched our laid back style. Dave answered every question I had and was incredible yesterday reassuring through the entire process. Planet BBQ was exactly what we had been searching for. Not only were they affordable, but the food was excellent and our guests still can’t stop talking about how delicious it was! We had appotizers for our guests as well as pulled pork, brisket, and chicken along with sides for our buffet menu. Additionally, Dave and his staff were professional and personal. We’ll definitely be using them again for future events!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2018

Zero Complaints!!

Most people know that when planning a wedding, one of the most important components is the food. You want your guests to rave about it, and you want to walk away feeling like it was well worth the money. Planet BBQ far exceeded this expectation!! Not only is it phenomenal BBQ food, but it is also elegantly displayed, professionally served, and they offer incredible variety. We had family from all over the country, some who come from the heart of BBQ states (the Carolinas), who were absolutely blown away by the flavor. We also had food connoisseurs in attendance who own top notch fine dining establishments in Seattle.... their were completely blown away with the food!!! When you have pleased the toughest crowd, you know the food is simply the best. Along with this, Dave and Lou are incredibly personable. They are beyond responsive to emails, including responding while away on vacation in another country!!! If any bride is considering branching out from the traditional chicken piccata/filet type menu, Planet BBQ is hands down the way to go !!!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

janice · Married on 09/22/2018

Thank you Lou, Dave and the Planet Barbecue staff for helping to make Steve and Aimee's wedding on Saturday so memorable. Everyone involved was so very gracious and helpful! The food was amazing! Our guests have been calling to complement us on the food that was served! I can"t tell how good that makes us feel! You helped early in the planning stages and guided us along the way! Thank you once again for all that you did for us! We highly recommend Planet Barbecue for it's professional and friendly style!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Jamie · Married on 09/08/2018

Planet BBQ was a huge hit at our wedding, the food was amazing, and everything went perfectly. Initially we went through a couple different menu options, and they were very quick with responses and changes in the quote. While everything was delicious, the smoked salmon was the best I've ever had, and was even great the next day (and day after that) as leftovers. We also went with the pulled pork and brisket, both were fantastic. An amazing value for the price, and Dave was very helpful with guiding us through the process.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Wonderful to work with we changed our minds and added services very helpful in making our day special! All of our guests are still talking about the food and how amazing it was!

Sent on 09/10/2018

V · Married on 09/01/2018

The best!! Every guest was impressed with the food. Thank you very much!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sara · Married on 08/31/2018

We wanted bbq for our low key, Audubon society wedding but were concerned about finding a place that was professional, affordable and that still felt special. Planet BBQ did an amazing job. The food was delicious and everything was beautifully set up. They provided us with eco friendly palm leaf plates and cutlery that were convenient but also that looked nice. The serving staff was all super friendly and flexible (rain caused us to have our ceremony at the reception site and our wedding party was lined up in the kitchen as they were trying to set up). They also helped us with cake cutting and quickly and efficiently wrapped up all of our leftovers.
    Planet BBQ made the whole planning process go smoothly and they communicated promptly to any questions/concerns. They also came up with great vegan ideas for our non meat eating guests. I have nothing but great things to say about them!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Anne · Married on 07/07/2018

Planet Barbecue catered our “We Do Barbecue” for 165 people. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would Highly Recommend them!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Kim · Married on 07/07/2018

The day was so very busy! The catering was fabulous. The food was delicious and everyone loved them. I definetly will use them again!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Jen · Married on 06/09/2018

Thank you Planet Barbeque for an amazing job catering our wedding!! The food was incredible, as was the service! We couldn’t have asked for better. We still have guests talking about how excellent the food was! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to cater a party or wedding!
    Thank you Planet Barbeque!

Sent on 06/19/2018