18 Reviews for Pirates Lane Video

High-Def Video (1)
Multi. Cameras (1)
USB Flash Drive (1)
18 Pirates Lane Video Reviews

Jim was fantastic! He was easy to work with and incredibly low profile during the ceremony and reception themselves. So much so that it was difficult to even know he was there. We'd highly recommend him for any wedding!

Profile Picture Jaya, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Full Feature Video

Jim from Pirates Lane was an absolute pleasure to work with. I originally had not budgeted for a wedding videographer and ultimately realized I would really regret not having video footage of my wedding. I am so happy I decided to hire Jim. He is extremely professional and responsive. Of all the wedding vendors I worked with, he was by far the fastest to respond to emails, which was greatly appreciated, especially in the final weeks leading up to the wedding. His footage is so comprehensive and included video and audio files I never expected! I know we will watch our video documentary for years to come and I am so grateful we have Jim's amazing footage to re-live our wedding day over and over again! He offers several different wedding packages, which are all very reasonable. Thank you so much for your hard work Jim!

Profile Picture Jen, 8/13/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Documentary

Jim was spectacular! He listened to our needs, gave us an affordable price even though our wedding day was long and complicated, and was entirely professional from the beginning to the end. During the planning process, he helped us figure out what kind of products we wanted, what kind of style we liked, and listened to our needs for the day. He was quick with communication too! During our day he was unobtrusive and very polite to our family and guests. Somehow I can't believe he captured such beautiful footage because it didn't even feel like we were being filmed! And our final highlight film and video of our wedding was incredible - he hand picked the music, and included all the best parts of the day! We couldn't be happier with our choice!

Profile Picture Ramya, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I am extremely pleased with the video Jim Merchant of Pirates Lane Video produced for my daughter's wedding on June 22, 2014! The videography and sound are of the highest quality. Jim included all the content we wanted, plus much more. Jim was so unobtrusive (we and our guests didn't even know he was there), yet he caught everything from every angle. Jim's work far exceeded my expectations, and I will definitely use him again and highly recommend him to others!!

Profile Picture Emily, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Videography

Your search is over! I could not have been happier with Jim and Pirates Lane Video and would HIGHLY recommend him. He truly blew away all of my expectations, and here's why:

When we finally decided to get a videographer for our wedding after the age old debate "to get one? or to not get one?", I admittedly aimed at trying to find the cheapest vendor possible, because all I really had wanted was video capture of our ceremony and our speeches (we weren't big into getting a super high production quality videographer, which based on my research, would cost us many thousands of dollars). During my search, I came across Jim and Pirates Lane Video. When I requested a quote, they were very reasonable and EXTREMELY flexible with creating a package that would best meet my specific needs. While I imagined I wouldn't be getting the most high-quality footage, purely based on my comparison shopping and assumptions due to how reasonable the quote was - I could not have been more wrong.

When Jim delivered us our video - he absolutely blew us away. The quality was as good, if not even better than the "high-baller videographers" we had come across in our initial search. It was breathtaking. He captured all of the perfect moments, had orchestrated the best music that perfectly aligned with stills on screen - it was simply incredible. Not to mention, Jim was the absolute BEST to work with. I never noticed him once at our wedding - he wasn't in our faces like videographers had been at other weddings we'd been too, yet the footage he captured made it seem like he was RIGHT there in the action. Based on the video, it looked like he had cameras going from a hundred different angles - yet I never saw one. He was so respectful, and so polite. After dealing with many vendors who took some time to get back to us, he was extremely responsive, and always positive and accommodating. After not wanting a videographer in the first place - he ended up being our absolute favorite vendor!

Profile Picture User4421377, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Digital Download, Ceremony, Reception

Best choice we ever made! Jim was easy to work with, gave us a great package (and price), and was very responsive to emails. Received our video and DVDs last week. We could not be more pleased. Great quality video of our special day and beautiful personalized DVD cases and discs. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Crystal, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, DVD, Digital Download, Documentary, Full Feature Video, Highlight Video

We found Jim as the videographer on our wedding day. Recall our experience with Jim, we believe it is the best decision we have made for our wedding. The wedding trailer and video both looks fantastic and pyrotechnic. We were all impressed by the great work of Jim and his co-workers. Definitely recommend to my friends and anyone who is looking for videographer. Excellent job!

Profile Picture Xiaozhe, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jim from Pirates Lane was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was super responsive and helpful in setting expectations for our video needs and wants. Day-of, Jim was what I would like to fondly refer to as a "video ninja". He blended into the day, was there capturing every important moment, but did so in the most unobtrusive and easy going way. Jim recently went above and beyond and delivered us an incredible trailer video of our wedding. His HD and video skills are truly beautiful and my entire family is so thankful that Jim was the person capturing these important moments that we'll relive time and time again. Can't recommend Jim and Pirates Lane enough!

Profile Picture Meg, 8/11/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jim and his crew were such a pleasure to work with at our recent wedding. From the very first meeting we were impressed with Jim's manner and professionalism. He always responded right away if I had a question and I was very flexible in tailoring a package to meet our needs.
The day of the wedding he and his assistants were on time and very respectful and unobtrusive. People almost forgot they were there! :) While I don't have to full finished product, we were amazed at how well our preview movie trailer has come out, and we can't wait to see our full lenght film! We would highly recommend Jim and Pirates Lane Video.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/9/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Videography

Although I haven't seen the finished product yet, Jim was outstanding to work with during the prepartion for the wedding and even came to the rehearsal to scope out the setting. On my wedding day, he blending into the background and seemingly caught all of the most important moments...yay! I can't wait to see the video, but I thrilled that he was a part of our big day!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/8/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Videography

We were married on New Year's Eve and Jim was gracious enough to spend his holiday recording our magical wedding! He arrived early, was very professional, and was very unintrusive yet got so much amazing footage. I don't know how he did it! The ceremony footage was incredible, the family photo footage played to an amazing song, the toasts and dances were perfectly caught, and the reception with New Year's Eve ball-drop toast AND fireworks to boot were all absolutely beautifully recorded! My hubby hestitated with getting a video but I knew we would absolutely need one and be so happy we had one later in life with the kids and as we got older...I knew we would watch it on our anniversaries and re-live the precious moments! I also knew the night would fly by in the blink of an eye and it would become impossible to recall all the great details of the night, including the vows!! My hubby more than appreciated the video seeming that he had one too many (as I suspected!)!! haha. Overall the video music trailer, highlights music video, and the actual video were all just so moving and fantastic, my words can't say enough! Thank you Jim for all your hard work!!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 12/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We absolutely love our wedding video! It is amazing! Jim captured all of our favorite moments! We feel so lucky to have that day frozen in time for us. Pirates Lane did such a fantastic job, we are beyond thrilled with the results! Thank you so much! :)

Profile Picture Kristy, 9/18/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I got married in August of 2010 and have to admit that I was on the fence about putting up the money for video until I talked to many brides who regretted not getting it. They especially regret it when hearing many other brides talk about how thankful they are they got it and the 1000x the kids have watched the videos. The kid part is what really got me first and then hearing about the missing parts of the night the brides never see. So come 2 months prior to my wedding, I assigned my fiancée to the task. Let's just say that didn't last too long and that he practically had us signing with a non-HD, low quality, bare bones video. Then I stepped up and searched the web high and low for reasonable packages with a must have HD video!!! THIS IS A MUST!!! This is when I came across Jim's website and work content. What I found is that Jim's packages were extremely competitive against the lower quality broadcast vendors. So after reaching out to him and getting examples, I took the leap and chose Jim, above family referrals. THANK GOD I DID THIS!!

Jim's work in unbelievable and it shows you really how far the video services have come (for the vendors who keep up). There's a movie trailer that comes 1-2 weeks after the wedding. This trailer is sooo good that it will bring any bride to tears as he captures many of the significant and symbolic moments of the wedding and adds fitting music to it. I am not a cryer (AT ALL) and was in tears numerous times! Again, it’s just fabulous work. Next will come the full length Video and the Wedding Highlights together. Everyone thinks that that there will be boring parts to the full length video, based off hearing about past examples, but Jim does an outstanding job at editing and adding music (personally picked songs) to the entire video. The entire thing is broken down into phases and each and every moment is entertaining. This is what separates him from the others. TRUST ME! Then there’s the Highlights which is the 5 min re-cap of the entire night which is in Jim fashion and is just as outstanding as the prior works of art .

So for all you brides out there trust me when I say that you can’t find a better service. This is it! This is one thing you don’t need to micro-manage and seriously can leave it to Jim to create for you symbolic keepsakes that you will treasure forever! I can’t stress it enough that his work is awesome! Good luck and Happy Wedding day!

Profile Picture Wendy, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Jim from Pirates Lane Video was amazing! He was so professional and I am so thankful that I chose him to capture the once-in-a-lifetime moments from our wedding. The video that he created is so magical. I would absolutely recommend Jim for any wedding. The video brings tears to my eyes everytime we watch it. Hire Jim and you will not be dissapointed!

Many Thanks,
Crystal

Profile Picture Crystal, 6/19/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

We had originally not budgeted for a videographer for our wedding and were just going to go without, but about a week before the wedding my father started panicking because we "only have one shot" to get the footage, and we might regret not having a video down the road. So my mother starting searching high and low for an affordable videographer that would be available last minute. She found Jim at Pirates Lane Video on craigslist of all places! In hindsight, i realize that I really didn't do my research... without the luxury of time, we met Jim once, signed a contract, and just trusted that everything would be fine. And we lucked out! Jim was very professional, arrived on time/early to both the rehearsal and the day of and was very inconspicuous - I hardly remember seeing him, yet the final product was so beautiful! In the end, I'm really glad that we changed our minds last minute, because as a result, we now have a beautiful video to relive our special day.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 6/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jim was very professional & provided amazing quality for a great price. We highly reccommend Jim for your wedding video. The video & 'trailer' are wonderful! Far surpassing any of our expectations & he delivered the finished product very quickly. You will be very happy you chose Jim to video your special day...we are!

Profile Picture Carmen, 6/11/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jim does a great job of staying behind the scenes at your wedding, I barely noticed him on my special day. He offered my a great package due to my budget and I was happy with my product. Thank you for your good work!

Profile Picture melissa, 8/21/11, 5 Reviews