Pip & Bits Reviews

41 | Astoria, NY

41 Reviews for Pip & Bits

Carrie · Married on 04/08/2021

Gorgeous and delicious

Pips N Bits made the most beautiful lemon and cream cake for our elopement/micro-wedding. Exceeded expectations and would absolutely buy from them again. So thankful!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Tracey · Married on 11/08/2020

Amazing Cakes

I am so happy we chose Pips N Bits for our wedding cake. Laura was easy to work with and very flexible. During our phone consult we discussed flavors we liked and didn’t like as well as what we wanted visually. We initially decided on a two tier cake but later decided that we wanted a single tier cake for ourselves and individual mini cakes for our guests. I was a bit nervous to present this to Laura after we already agreed on the two tier cake but Laura was totally on board with the idea.
    My husband loves chocolate so we decided on chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla buttercream as the filling…it was amazing. I loved that she used fresh fruit as opposed to a jam or processed filling. We each took multiple bites during the cake cutting. The cake was so delicious we ate the remainder for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the days following the wedding. I think we’ll having to order another one for our 1 year anniversary.

As for the mini cakes, we chose a Cardamom spice cake with salted honey buttercream. Our guests loved the idea of individual mini cakes and more importantly, they raved about how great it taste. The flavor was unexpected for a wedding cake. Multiple guests reached out to us after the wedding to inquire about the mini cakes.

Overall, working with Laura was easy, she was open to our ideas and her cakes taste amazing.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Clara Y. · Married on 10/07/2020

Amazing experience!

Laura created two cakes for our wedding: a wedding cake and a birthday cake for my husband (we married on his birthday). While they were both beautiful, my husband's birthday cake was especially beautiful and beyond what I ever imagined. They are also SO delicious (vanilla with lemon curd with blueberries; chocolate cake filled with vanilla Italian meringue buttercream and fresh strawberries). Just try them and you will fall in love!

As a person, Laura is so pleasant and great to work with. I was a very indecisive bride and Laura was so patient with me as I went through many design changes. Definitely choose Pip & Bits for your event! You will be so happy you did. I know I am.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Stephanie R. · Married on 10/01/2020

Get your cake from Laura!!!

I found Pip & Bits on an internet search after my original contracted baker canceled for our wedding a little over a month out and it was a good reminder that everything happens for a reason. Laura replied, among a few others, to my inquiry but her response completely stood out. She was so kind and showed so much interest in learning the details of our day, her email just overall made me happy again and gave me so much hope. We even asked of her to recreate the unique flavor (bourbon pear) we previously picked out, and she willingly took on the challenge. When we picked up our tasting, my fiancé and I could not believe how she actually recreated the flavor we fell in love with AND it tasted even a little better, however that was possible. If that doesn’t speak of her talent I’m not sure what does. We can’t wait to use Laura for all of our future celebrations.

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna S. · Married on 09/11/2020

"best wedding cake ever"

WOW! We tried 3 wedding cake bakeries and Pip and Bits blew them all away in terms of service, taste/decoration, design, price and flexibility. They also worked with us on a less than 2 week turnaround. People were RAVING about the cake at our wedding. Don't sleep on their chocolate cake, it truly is the best I've ever had!

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Nailah

Nailah · Married on 08/02/2020

Amazing Wedding Cake!

Laura from PipNBits was super accommodating and had our cake made on such short notice! We had a tasting with 3 delicious mini cakes and as soon as we tried them we knew we chose the right baker! The buttercream was just right, not too thick or overwhelming like others we had tried. It was sweet and delicious without being overpowering. The cake itself was absolutely perfect and soft. We chose a white cake with some texture based off a picture I had seen and Laura was able to recreate it and it was literally exactly what we imagined. Working with Laura was so easy and she made the process fun. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

Jessica G. · Married on 11/17/2019

Beautifully Delicious

Laura was wonderful to work with. My husband and I (so excited to be able to say that phrase now!) interviewed a few cake companies prior to selecting Pip n Bits, and were not impressed with them. We were looking not only amazing flavors and beautiful design, but most importantly we wanted to work with someone who had that IT factor. Well needless to say Laura has it! She was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is thoughtful, professional, and not to mention extremely talented.

Laura has an amazing eye for designing the overall look of the cake. Best of all, her cake, fillings, and frosting flavors are incredibly delicious! I'm not a huge chocolate person, but Laura's chocolate cake is beyond words. Much to our surprise we ended up selecting two of her cake flavors because we couldn't just pick one! The chocolate cake with pecan bourbon and cream cheese frosting, and the almond cake with salted honey vanilla buttercream frosting.... just thinking about it makes me want to order another cake!

I can't express how happy we are with going with Pip n Bits. Guests are still telling us how much they loved the cake! Hire Laura! You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/26/2019

Katina · Married on 11/02/2019

Most delicious cake ever!

This is the best cake we’ve ever had. No joke. I consider myself to be a pretty decent baker and our two wedding cakes put everything I’ve ever made to shame. After talking about all of our favorite flavors Laura brought several tiny towers of cake perfection to our apartment for us to try. They were all so delectable it was nearly impossible to make a decision. (She also worked directly with our florist to create a lovely sophisticated two tier cake design.) We were so thrilled with the end result and so glad we picked Pip n Bits.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Alexa · Married on 09/14/2019

The most unbelievable wedding cake!

Our wedding cake was everything we could have ever imagined! From the gorgeous design details, to the taste, it was perfect in every way! Working with Laura was such a pleasure, everything went seamlessly from the tasting to the delivery the day of! I would highly recommend Laura for any cake in the future! Thank you so much for baking us the most delicious, perfect cake (our wedding guests have been raving about it since!).

Sent on 11/20/2019

Natia · Married on 07/14/2019

Utterly Stunning, Elegant & Delicious!

Our wedding cake was everything that we had envisioned and more! Walking into our reception and seeing it for the first time was all sparkles and shine! It truly was perfection to its fullest extent - breathtakingly beautiful, elegant and most certainly delicious! Working with Laura was such a pleasure from start to finish. She truly is an artist in all of its regards, and we would not have chosen a more qualified patissier for our special day! Laura, THANK YOU so very much! Hubby and I could never recommend Pip n Bits highly enough!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Kassie

Kassie · Married on 07/06/2019

Cutest Wedding Cupcakes and Surprise!

Laura was absolutely perfect for our wedding. We knew we had to do cupcakes after loving all of the cakes we tried during out tasting. The cupcakes were moist without being dense, the flavor profiles were on point and our guests are still talking about them. I think my favorite part of the whole process was the secret cake Laura whipped up for my husband. He was really bummed out that carrot cake wasn't chosen as a cupcake flavor. So I suggested a secret groom's cake and Laura totally delivered. My husband loved the surprise. The impromptu private moment we had to cut the cake together was an unexpected memory we made on such a hectic day. I would highly recommend Laura for your wedding or event.

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Doris L. · Married on 06/21/2019

Can't wait to order from again

Could not say more positive things about Laura D'abate. Out of all the vendors I have, Laura was the easiest to work with and the most responsive.
    I found her on weddingwire and she responsed to my inquiry quickly. We then scheduled an appointment for the tasting and Laura was willing to deliver the cakes to me. My husband and I previously did a cake tasting with another vendor and was really disappointed with the whole experience. I was expecting this tasting to be exactly the same and boy was I wrong. Not only were the portions much bigger, I can taste each cake and filling flavor. Everything were so delicious that my husband was fighting with his sister the next day to finish the remaining slices.
    Because my husband is the one with the sweet tooth in this relationship, we requested 3 tier cake, a groom cake and 20 cupcakes. We wanted each tier to be in a different flavor with one of the flavors being lavender and the groom cake to have candy bacon in it. We asked for a 2nd tasting with those cake flavors and once again, she didn't disappoint even with such a strange request.
    On the day of the wedding, all the cakes were as delicious as it looks, decorate with sercet garden roses and gold. By the end of the night, there wasn't enough cakes for everyone. My emcee was praising the red velvet and he was trying to convince the maitre'd to try a piece.
    Laura is a lovely person to work with and everything she makes are unforgettable. I can't wait for my husband birthday to come around this year so we can order the bacon cake again. Thank you so much for making my night so memorable. I wish you and your business a continuous prosperity and good fortune.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Sharlene · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing personal touch

The wedding cake was gorgeous and perfect considering that I ordered the cake a week before the wedding. We were so lucky that Laura was available the day of our wedding. We ordered 3 tier cake with the bottom as vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla Italian meringue buttercream and the rest of the cake as chocolate with Italian espresso meringue filling.
    Although I have not met Laura in person but I really felt her personal touch as she asked specific details with regards to our theme, who the florist was so she could coordinate the flowers on our wedding cakeThe reason why I placed so much trust on her and she delivered.

To Laura, thank you so much and we wish you success in your business.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Margherita · Married on 06/09/2019

Beautiful & Delicious!

Hubby and I absolutely LOVED the cake!!! For our wedding we of course wanted the cake to look beautiful but wowww did it taste delicious too! My guest took multiple slices to eat and then some to take home. I received so many compliments on the cake. It tasted sooo fresh. Laura is so great to work with. Not only is she sweet, but she really works hard to make sure the cake is exactly what you want. She is accommodating with time and very great when it comes to communication. The price for our cake was extremely reasonable. She does not try to dig a hole in your pocket. Laura has such a great mind and imagination when it comes to different flavors and types of designs. My husband and I wanted something clean and simple to fit our intimate wedding, but was not sure on decoration. I trusted Laura to design the cake & do what she thought would look best for our vision. She nailed it!!! It fit the vibe, the venue, &the flowers on the cake, also perfect! Thank you Laura!! I will definitely recommend Pip n Bits for future events.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Marsha B. · Married on 06/02/2019

The best wedding cake everyone ever tasted.

It was a pleasure working with Laura D'Abate of Pip n Bits. Laura is an artist. her designs are gorgeous and romantic (she can do anything you want). There are so many delicious and unusual pairings of flavors. She will come to you with a tasting box. We decided to go with a vanilla cake with a hint of lemon, Italian lemon meringue butter cream frosting filled with fresh strawberries. Iy was like eating Springtime! Have you ever heard of a wedding cake being refreshing? Well, this one was, The cake was so light and moist. It was perfect after the meal. I heard guests saying
    they had never had never tasted such a delicious wedding cake. It's the kind of cake, that after you take the fist bite, you groan. So happy we chose Laura.
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen T. · Married on 03/04/2019

Amazed and really pleased

Remarkable and authentic cakes, we were truly amazed!!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2018

Thank you Pip n Bits!

So happy we decided to work with Laura @ Pip N Bits for our wedding cake this past October!! The process was stress free and the cakes are delicious! We had a hard time choosing a flavor after our tasting, but we ultimately went with carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Laura’s style was exactly what we were looking for. At our in person meeting she took note on our color scheme and design we envisioned for the cake. The final product was absolutely BEAUTIFUL- Laura brought it to life perfectly with beautiful fresh flowers, just the right frosting and topped it off with our cake topper. Thank you SO MUCH!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Cindy · Married on 09/30/2018

Laura designed the most magnificent cake for us! SO, SO HAPPY!! It was the most stunning cake - everything I wanted - and it tasted incredible. Our guests ate ALL OF IT!! It was exactly what I wanted - edible silver leaf on the top tier and she creatively placed flowers from our florist Petals and Roots all over the cake - beautifully designed - a true work of art. Look no further than Laura and Pip N Bits - you will not be disappointed. She will create the cake of your dreams. (and she's a magnificent person as well).

Sent on 10/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2018

Pip n Bits did an amazing job with our wedding cake. The cake was absolutely stunning, draped with hand chosen flowers, and the perfect focal piece of our reception. We chose a cardamom cake with vanilla frosting and it was delicious, perfect for a fall wedding. Working with Laura was a pleasure. She is a true artist and very professional. I highly recommend cake from Pip n Bits for your wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Jessica L. · Married on 07/17/2018

Best cake ever!!! It was absolutely beautiful & tasted INCREDIBLE!!! Laura was fantastic to work with. Very friendly and professional. She even collaborated with our florist to incorporate flowers into our cake. It was exactly what we wanted and was even better than we imagined. We are so happy to have found Pip n Bits!

Sent on 08/20/2018
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 06/30/2018

So delicious and GORGEOUS!

I loved working with Laura from Pip 'N Bits. I'm a wedding planner and worked with her on a client's wedding and her wedding cake design was EXACTLY what the bride was hoping for (and more!). The cake was both beautiful and delicious. Working with Laura was very easy and she's so sweet and enthusiastic. We knew from our first communication she was the one. She was also accommodating and quick to respond. Plus, her designs are gorgeous. As a wedding professional, it's always important for me to recommend wedding pros I can trust and Laura is one of them! I highly recommend her. (Photo by Laura Rose Weddings / Laura Rose Photography)

Sent on 11/20/2019

Mason · Married on 06/08/2018

Laura is as sweet as her baked goods are. She was prompt responding to our requests and questions, and met with us for over an hour to understand our tastes, ideas, and expectations for our wedding cake. Her tasting was just a blast, and she was kind enough to come to our apartment to accommodate our schedules. She graciously deducted the tasting fee from the cake total after booking, and she even ended up making a custom peanut butter and jelly filling for our wedding cake. The cake more than met our expectations, and our guests still comment on how moist and flavorful it was. It was such a showpiece at our wedding reception. We were so proud to show it off. She even has vegan options, and the dozen lemon vegan cupcakes that she made to match our cake's decoration were just as good as the cake. Our vegan guests were so happy to have a vegan dessert that tasted so good. She was professional and so pleasant to work with. Laura also provided much-needed, real-world feedback about our initial ideas, and made some great, tasteful suggestions that enhanced our vision and outcome for the cake.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Sandra · Married on 06/02/2018

Laura did such an incredible job on our semi naked wedding cake! Not only did she make it crazy beautiful, it tasted freaking great! Lots of compliments from guests.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

We used Pips n Bits for our wedding cake in May this year, and we 100% recommend Laura! From our first emails to her, she was such a pleasure to work with; incredibly responsive and willing to work with our price point and our schedules for our cake tasting—which was so much fun. She understood our vision, and her stunning cake fit right in with our florals. Not only was it beautiful, but it was hands down the best tasting wedding cake I ever had. Our guests raved about it!

Having a vendor like Pips n Bits is one of the more enjoyable parts of wedding planning. Thanks so much, Laura!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Valarie · Married on 05/06/2018

Laura was wonderful to work with. She was responsive and extremely helpful. We loved working with her as she is a wonderful person and very talented. Everyone loved our cake. It was beautiful and delicious. We had a small and intimate wedding and Laura was the most reasonably priced without sacrificing quality! I highly recommend Pip n Bits!!

Sent on 05/15/2018