Pinnel Photography Reviews

Pinnel Photography 1
Pinnel Photography 2
  • Anna

Anna Miller · Getting married on 12/04/2020

The perfect photographer for your wedding

Pinnel Photography was the perfect photographer for our wedding and elopement. The pictures are incredible and Juan and Talia were so helpful on the day of the event - they were so good at walking us through everything (no stress at all for me!) and gave us their professional advice to ensure our pictures were exactly what we wanted. We could not have been happier and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Katie

Katie Sanderson · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Photography for elopement, just the bride and groom.

Juan was so great to work with! He was easy going and friendly. Our photos are beautiful and perfectly captured the day. I would happily work with him again. My only regret is that we had two hours and it was just my husband and I. We easily got done what we needed after 1-1.5 hours. I wish I had brought a couple of changes of clothes so we could have more casual looking photos as well!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Pinnel Photography 3
    Pinnel Photography 4

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Hi Katie, It was so nice meeting you both and capturing beautiful photos of your elopement. We're so happy that you love your photos. Thank you also for your feedback about the timing. We've found that for most couples two hours is a perfect amount of time for elopement photography with portraits following. Many couples even opt to add a third hour. In any regard, I'm glad that we could explore and capture sweet moments together in some of Santa Barbara's most iconic locations. Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you all the best.
  • Scott

Scott Capps · Getting married on 10/09/2019

Perfect Energy + Stunning Photos!

Juan and Talia had the perfect energy throughout the entire process; excited, confident, and upbeat, and also calm and reassuring.... from the start Juan made the our engagement session, and wedding day feel very natural - putting us at ease, while capturing every moment.

We had total trust in Juan and Talias process - early planning, selection of photo op locations, schedule, etc. It was so great to not have to think and stress about such a big wedding day itme - the pics! - They took care of it all, and we couldnt be happier.

The photos were stunning, truly capturing everything: the coastal landscape, the tearful vows, the late night dance floor insanity, and everything in between.

Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Britney

Britney · Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful! Couldn’t have been better!

Talia and Juan were so responsive and easy to work with from the get-go! I’m from Singapore and I had to make arrangements from across the globe but it was a breeze with them. They had never shot where I wanted and they took the effort to scout the place out and do research - that’s professionalism and taking pride in their craft! On shoot day, it was so helpful to have Talia around while Juan did the shooting. The pictures turned out gorgeous and the experience was magical! Can’t recommend this warm and lovely duo enough!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Allison · Married on 06/16/2018

Using Pinnel Photography was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. Juan is an amazing photographer. He is so kind, warm, and has a calming presence that immediately makes you feel comfortable. When we first met for our engagement photos, my now husband and I were extremely nervous – we had never done anything like that before and didn’t know what to expect. He immediately made us feel relaxed and gave great guidance. The pictures turned out to be some of the best photos that we have together. We also truly enjoyed having him by our side on our wedding day. Being our photographer, Juan was there for the most intimate moments of our day– and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. Juan is caring, attentive and genuine. We feel that he became a real friend by the end of it all. We can’t stress enough how much we recommend Pinnel Photography. It may just be the best decision you make, too ☺

Sent on 07/11/2018

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Dear Al and Shane, what a gift it is to have been able to meet you and be part of this moment in your life! I look forward to many more opportunities to hang out with you guys :)

cristina · Married on 05/26/2018

Juan and Talia were THE BEST. I had no idea how to choose a wedding photographer but after looking at their portfolio thought, "I want our photos to look like those." Juan and Talia were very responsive throughout the entire process. My now husband and I do not live in Santa Barbara so we had a few phone calls and email exchanges with Juan before flying out for the wedding. A few days before the wedding both Juan and Talia came to our venue to scope it out and help us find the right spots to take photos. During the actual wedding, Juan was awesome. He was very flexible with us and with our videographer, and made Zack both and I feel very comfortable during what I'm sure can be awkward photos! My husband, who was dreading photos, told me he actually ENJOYED them. We just received our wedding photos and they are absolutely stunning. Juan and Talia recommended we do a Golden Hour shot and I'm so glad we did. Juan really knows how to capture natural light and those are my favorite photos. They're absolutely gorgeous and we can't wait to see the rest of them. I would recommend Pinnel Photography to anyone who is looking for a spectacular photographer but also for a team that is easy to work with and adds to the overall day!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Juan was our wedding photographer, and he did such an awesome job of listening to what we wanted and working within our budget. He was so accommodating with coming to one house for bridesmaid portraits, going to another house for groomsmen portraits, and then driving my husband and I up a hill to do our portraits. He was so fun to work with and down to adventure with us. He was also a great addition to our party - so many of our friends enjoyed meeting him and talking to him at the reception! Thanks to Juan we have so many beautiful portraits that are candid, casual, fun, and set in nature - which was exactly what we wanted! He was a great addition to our wedding and I would recommend anyone to work with him not just for his beautiful photography and great eye, but his kind, easygoing and fun personality.

Sent on 08/21/2018

eli · Married on 04/21/2018

Juan has a special knack for capturing both sweeping natural landscapes and up-close portraits. His photographs are jam-packed with character. We couldn’t be more thrilled with how our wedding photographs came out. In fact, my wife and I keep unwittingly pulling out the photographs Juan took that day to admire them and show them off to friends (sorry to be those newlyweds)! More than that, Juan was an absolute joy to work with: he is attentive, humble, professional, and dedicated to his craft. We really appreciated his style he brought to the event. If we have any future needs for a professional photographer – someone able to capture the moment perfectly – we would be more than happy to work with Juan again. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Dear Eli, thank you so much for your kind words and for being so amazing to work with. I look forward to keep photographing you and Laura as the family grows!

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Juan! Juan captured our engagement photos and then our recent wedding. He is so sweet, kind and funny, we knew we wanted him to photograph our big day! He is quick to get photos back which makes the anxiousness for them easier to deal with. I mean the photos are AMAZING. His ability to use natural light is truly a talent. The photos are so crisp and you can truly feel the emotion in each picture. We highly recommend Juan for capturing your special day. Thank you times a million for our beautiful photos!!

Sent on 06/12/2017
  • Z

Zennia · Married on 03/25/2017

We are so happy to have chosen Juan as our wedding photographer. His work is phenomenal, his personality was wonderful to work with, and his prices were very reasonable. All his packages include an engagement shoot and I was so thankful we did this because we were able to get to know Juan before the wedding and to work out any awkward posing kinks you get when you don’t like being in front of the camera – like me. The day of the wedding, we knew what kind of poses we wanted because we’ve done it already!

What first drew me to Juan was his landscape oriented tableaus and his expert use of natural lighting. Since the wedding reception was outdoors we wanted someone who was strong in that area and knew the best way to take pictures in the hot Southern California sun.

As expected, both the engagement and wedding day photos look amazing. The colors are vibrant, the composition is dynamic, and when I look at the photos I feel like I’m reliving the moments.

Thank you to Juan for his amazing work on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Angelina · Married on 03/04/2017

We chose Pinnel Photography for our wedding and Juan was fantastic! We are extremely happy with the photos we received from our big day. Juan was by our side all day, and the package we selected also included an engagement photo session (which we unfortunately we were unable to use since we live out of town but wish we could have!). I love Juan's eye and professionalism. He made us and our wedding party and guests feel comfortable while still taking the best photos. I would absolutely recommend Pinnel Photography for your wedding day (or engagement photos!).

Sent on 03/28/2017

Heather · Married on 09/17/2016

Juan was an absolute pleasure to work with. I met him for the first time when he came to my home to take engagement photos of my wife and I. She had met him prior and was instantly impressed and excited to have him help us out. I have to say that i too was instantly impressed and on board with him as well. I have always felt awkward posing for pictures but such was not the case with Juan. He's fun to work with, and extremely accommodating as much as he is a natural talent. I would hire him again without pause.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Thank you Ryan! You were so kind and easy to work with in both occasions. Hope we can have a beer soon!

Carly · Married on 05/07/2016

Juan is amazing! He captured every moment of my wedding in the most beautiful light. And there were so many pictures to choose from! I loved the bridal solos and the pictures of my groom and I-especially the candids of us walking up the aisle after we were pronounced. Priceless! Juan has a really nice website with some beautiful photos. After I looked at his portfolio, I knew I wanted to work with him. He impressed me right away with his quick and detailed responses to my inquiries. Juan gave us a list of packages to choose from, as well as add on services that we could purchase so that we could create a custom package to fit our needs. I don't know if other photographers do that or not, but they should! Juan is appreciative of the opportunity to work with you. He enjoys taking photos and he is passionate about getting the perfect shot. And our online gallery was available before we got back from our honeymoon! Juan is such a great photographer. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/03/2016

We hired Juan for a wedding shoot and an engagement shoot that involved several out-of-the-ordinary demands. From the very beginning, Juan was more than accommodating in adapting to our various needs. Whether it was hiking up a trail backwards on a hot day while photographing our journey, holding multiple days for us in case of bad weather, adjusting to last minute schedule changes, signing our marriage license as a witness, or meeting my micromanagey requests for specific photo angles that I had envisioned, Juan embraced everything with a smile and captured just about every important moment across the 8 hours we were with him in total.

As I’m sure you (the reader) are already aware, wedding photography is a very costly investment. After looking into most of the local photographers in the SB/Ventura area, Juan was the only one who was able to flex to our specific needs and offer a package within our budget. For his great flexibility, artistic eye, quality post-production work, professional and reliable communication, timeliness, quick turnaround, and good value, I strongly recommend him to couples looking for a wedding photographer.

On top of all of these things, Juan is an incredibly warm and inspirational person. You may not realize it when you are looking to book, but a wedding photographer is a person who will be intimately sharing your most meaningful day on earth with you. I've met many photographers and staff members of larger photography companies who let the business distance themselves from the human element of photography. I cannot recommend a nicer or more genuine person to share your special day with, who also has a natural gift for capturing timeless moments and turning them into even more timeless memories.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Kiyomi · Married on 03/20/2016

Juan was fantastic! We had a private wedding ceremony on the beach and Juan was able (and willing!) to maneuver around, get his feet wet, climb on rocks to capture the perfect angles and make it look as though we were the only couple on the beach when in reality it was packed! Juan had great energy, very engaging and we couldn't have asked for more beautiful photos to look back on and remember our special day. We couldn't be more pleased And will definitely consider rehiring him for future occasions.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Thank you Kiyomi! You and Carlos were beautiful to photograph and very kind people. I love the images we made together!

Our elopement was absolutely perfect. It was even more special, because Juan did an amazing job. Our pictures are breathtaking, and we are so grateful that we get to cherish them forever. We were on the fence about having a photographer, because everything was planned so quickly, but finding Juan was the easiest part. His communication with us before and after our day, really displayed his true dedication and work ethic towards his clients. Juan made us feel so loved, because he was really invested in our story and families. When we received our beautiful photos, they brought tears to our eyes and made us relive every moment of our day. We could not be happier with Juan and his incredible talent. We cannot wait to work with him again for more special moments in our future. (Juan, thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! With love, Ian and Sierra)

Sent on 02/25/2016

Tresa · Married on 10/10/2015

Juan Pinnel was an amazing photographer to work with for our wedding day. I found his website and immediately knew his style of photography would make our wedding look beautiful and capture every moment. We were very happy with our pictures and received unedited shots the very night after our wedding. We also received all our edited shots in less than 3 weeks, and I am beyond thrilled with all the pictures he was able to capture. Juan is also a genuinely nice person and such a pleasant energy to have at our wedding. We were so happy to hire a true photographer and not just a "picture taker" for our wedding day. All we have left after our wedding are Juan Pinnel's photos which we will cherish forever.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Edgar · Married on 08/08/2015

"We absolutely loved working with Juan. He was kind, thoughtful, punctual on the actual wedding day, very reasonably priced, and a pleasure to work with. We hired him for our wedding in Malibu, but would highly recommend him for any event!"

Sent on 02/22/2016
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/18/2015

I have hired Juan on 3 separate occasions and he has been wonderful
    throughout them all! Juan was extremely professional and kind from the very
    beginning. He is flexible and creative in regards to timing and locations.
    He is also very open to ideas and looks that you may have. Our engagement
    photos and bridal shoot were gorgeous and he took the time needed to create
    some amazing shots. There are so many good ones - it's been hard to choose
    my favorites! I also hired him for our wedding in July, 2015. Our wedding
    happened to be on a day that an enormous thunderstorm came through Southern
    CA. Our venue was outdoors and we had to move the reception last minute to
    a hotel nearby. Juan stuck through it all and got some BEAUTIFUL and very
    candid photos of us and our guests. We will be able to look back on these
    photos and know exactly how we were feeling in those moments. Juan is so
    good at capturing the true heart and soul of his subjects. I highly
    recommend him for his talent, professionalism and kindness!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Claudia · Married on 05/02/2015

Juan filmed our two weddings in Santa Barbara. We had a traditional vietnamese ceremony on Friday and the actual civil ceremony on Saturday. He even took some extra time to check out the location on Thursday and filmed the preparations for one hour. So nice and considerate of him.
    I've seen the raw footage and I can tell he is very attention to detail and he has a good vision already in terms of how he can put it back together later. He caught the things I wanted to get caught and even brought in some of his own ideas that I didn't think of.
    I've also seen photo photo footage from his travels - the fotos are AAAA+-mazing. If I ever need a videographer or a photographer again I will definitely book him again for either. We had another wedding in Germany and some video footage from that too and he mixed all three weddings together in one nice 45 minute film. We love it! He caught all the good moments.

Juan is very professional. He gave us a very fair price and all our guests loved him for his friendly being and his subtle presence. The guests didn't feel uncomfortable looking in his camera and being filmed which was important to me.

He did an awesome job.
    Thanks so much Juan.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Sara · Married on 10/24/2015

Juan was a wonderful photographer, and we were so lucky to find him! We had a handful of photographers fall through, and we were stuck with no photographer, two weeks out from the wedding! Juan was extremely easy to work with, from beginning to finish. He not only gave us an amazing price, but delivered beautiful photographs despite very challenging conditions. Not only do my husband and I have extremely disparate skin tones, but we got married outside, at night, with only ambient lighting. We said our vows in the dark! But Juan even managed to get wonderful photos of those moments. Before the day I had asked him to really focus on the emotions and atmosphere, with a preference for candid, natural photos. He did an amazing job capturing the energy, feelings, and atmosphere for the whole event. He has a great eye for color and composition, and for the few posed photos we took, he tactfully and effortlessly guided us into better lighting and positions. There is always a lot going on at a wedding, but Juan was tuned in and put the utmost energy into tracking down and capturing as many meaningful moments as possible. We all felt very comfortable with him, and he easily meshed with the whole vibe. Everyone is impressed with the results, and it was a great experience.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Pinnel Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sara. It was a pleasure being part of your day. Not only we made great photos but I had a lot of fun!

Kristen Arnold · Married on 02/09/2019

Friendly, responsive team and high quality photos!

Pinnel Photography provided photography services for my wedding, and the entire process was smooth and enjoyable. Juan and Talia were extremely responsive, friendly, excited about their work, and a pleasure to have as part of our celebration! They understood what we wanted to prioritize in photos and focused on those aspects of the day. The quality of photos is wonderful, we are so pleased with the outcome and would recommend Juan and Talia to anyone who is interested in capturing their wedding in a natural, beautiful way.

Sent on 03/08/2019