Piney River Ranch Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Lauren
    Lauren L. Married on 09/18/2021

Breathtaking venue

Piney is the absolute best! We had our wedding here and it is absolutely breath taking. It is a bumpy drive to get there, but beyond worth it. Beautiful views, stunning venue. The food was great as well as the service. Brittany and Shosana were great to work with and put up with us for 2 years since our wedding needed postponed. Our wedding party stayed at the venue the night of, and it was so special waking up there in the morning to such stunning and peaceful views. It truly is a magical place - can’t recommend enough.
    Lauren R. Married on 08/06/2021

Our Wedding - 08.27.2021

Piney River Ranch...where to even begin? It feels almost impossible to leave this short and sweet as my heart is bursting with love but I will try my best. Our wedding was more than I ever could have dreamed of and we owe alot of that to not only this perfect venue but to the most beautiful staff. From the very beginning of planning, we felt right at home. They guided us, answered all of our questions, and worked around our schedule for our tasting and walk through. As stressful as planning can be, I truly felt so at peace working with everyone. Fast forward to the day of and that just really sealed the deal for us. Everything was perfect. From our food, our ideas and visions executed even more beautifully than I imagined, and the attentiveness to my husband and I so we could truly enjoy the day. It meant everything to us. They didn't miss a single thing. From the bartendars, the staff working at the gift store, everyone who helped set up, you couldn't ask for more positive, happy people. We would especially like to thank Brittany and Shoshana who are absolute angels from above. We couldn't imagine the day without them and we are so grateful to know them. Piney River Ranch and the staff will forever have a special place in our hearts. We are forever grateful. If you want to have the most magical wedding that you will never forget, Piney River Ranch is it. From the views, the moutanins, the water, the moose, the food, the never ending champagne, getting to take the canoe out to take pictures, and the most beautiful staff - it is truly heaven on earth
  • Holly
    Holly S. Married on 07/16/2021

Literally the absolute BEST!!!! Colorado venue

My husband and I lived in Denver when we got engaged and really really wanted a venue that was easy(ish) to get to, provided our guests with an amazing Colorado experience, and gave us the wedding of our dreams. Piney River checked ALL of those boxes. We got engaged in the winter and I knew that I was going to have to get a venue ASAP if I wanted a summer wedding in the mountains. When I found Piney, they weren't going to be open until June because of the snow, so I had to decide if I wanted to take the chance and sign a contract for a venue I couldn't see in person and that had only a few reviews on line. BEST DECISION EVER!!! The views are incredible, the food was AMAZING, and the venue was sooooooo flexible when it came to covid and us having to push our wedding out a year. Our guests continue to rave about how special our wedding was. The only thing that really sucked was having to pay for transportation up the mountain (its EXPENSIVE!!) but we did cost comparison for easier to get to mountain venues and it ended up being a wash because of how affordable Piney's catering is. If we had to do it all over again, I would pick Piney River Ranch over and over and over again.
  • Courtney
    Courtney S. Married on 06/26/2021

Unforgettable Wedding & Venue

We are Vail locals and wanted a local wedding venue that felt true to us. The setting of the ranch in the mountains and the background of the Gore Range (our favorite) was exactly what we were looking for. Brittany was easy to work and communicate with, answering all of our questions as we navigated a 2021 wedding and the challenges associated with it. Piney and their caterer Cowboy Catering provided an opportunity to see and taste all menu options prior to the wedding. We and all of our guests agreed the food was fantastic. On the day of the wedding Piney's staff worked seamlessly with our wedding planner to ensure all logistics went off without a hitch, despite the weather.

We highly recommend considering Piney for your future wedding!
  • Lacey
    Lacey Married on 09/04/2020

Best Wedding Backdrop!

Is there any comparison?? This venue was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! Amazing views! I also loved how everything was in 1 location. Brittany was so helpful with everything! Our guests had a blast and can’t stop talking about the venue. It was magical!

Piney River Ranch's reply:

Lacey and Russ,
    Congratulations again!! PRR is happy you let us be apart of your special day. We hope to see you both at the ranch again soon!!
  • Loni
    Loni P. Married on 08/10/2019

#1 Venue Staff!

Piney River Ranch is not only a stunning venue to get married at but the event staff is ONE OF A KIND! They are friendly, helpful, respond to emails quickly, and make executing an event there a breeze. As a wedding planner it is always so nice to work with stellar venue staff! Highly Recommend.
    Courtney S. Married on 07/20/2019

Perfect Mountain Wedding - Highly Recommend!!!

We just got married at Piney River Ranch and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is absolutely stunning!! Brittany and Monique were amazing to work with leading up to and on our big day. They were very responsive and so helpful in explaining all of the details of the event and keeping us on track with everything we needed to do to prepare. On our wedding day, everything at Piney was absolutely seamless and well organized. The food was amazing and the staff were great! We cannot wait to visit again for our anniversary. If you want the most amazing mountain wedding - Piney is your place!!!!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 10/06/2018

Epic Venue!

I am a Colorado wedding planner and my company, Mountainside Events, finally got the opportunity to work at Piney River Ranch! I can say that out of all the weddings we have planned around Colorado, Piney is among the best of the best! The views are epic, and so is the staff! They are incredible helpful on not only the pre-planning, but then also on the day of. I highly recommend this venue and look forward to coming back again soon!
    Brittany Married on 08/27/2017
    The views are so amazing it almost does not look real. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the location and food was. Piney River Ranch was very responsive during the planning process and our big day was perfect out there! They are very strict regarding some of their rules and were not very helpful during our walk through. We had to push to get a few simple changes. Overall we highly recommend Piney River Ranch and can't wait to go back for our anniversary!
    Kim Married on 07/22/2016
    Brittany was such a pleasure to work with and has become a friend after having our wedding at the one and only, beautiful Piney River Ranch. She was always quick to respond to all of our inquiries during our planning process. It is always great to work with someone you WANT to work with. From the moment we met her on our first trip up to Piney, to the evening spent tasting food at Cowboy Catering, all the way to and through our big day, she was there to help and guide us through the process. Always willing to go the extra mile to make sure our wedding day was perfect and exactly how we envisioned it being, she came through every time! We look forward to seeing Brittany every time we are back in Vail! Brittany gets 5 stars! Piney River Ranch, although a trek to get to is more than worth the drive! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone looking to get married in the Rockies!
    Kim Married on 06/26/2016
    If Piney River Ranch is a possibility for you, BOOK it and don't look back! It was the single best choice we made in our wedding planning. The Ranch is incredibly beautiful - the views are epic - and it creates the most intimate, unique, and memorable environment for your special day. I visited Piney once as a child, and I still remembered it, 20 years later. When I re-discovered it online and visited again in person, I fell in love all over again. All of our guests are still raving about it - I've never seen so many matching Facebook cover photo changes at once before :) It definitely has a rustic, ranch-y feel to it, but it's still elegant, with a focus on the beautiful natural setting. Brittany and Monique were an absolute dream to work with - accommodating, responsive (truly! They always got back to us with detailed emails or calls within 1-2 days, even when they were open and running weddings every day)!, and so willing to help us make the day feel right for us. They helped us manage lodging, dietary restrictions, table changes, and more with the utmost efficiency and respect. Buying out all the on-site accommodations is a must to use the venue, but it was one of my favorite parts - so many of our friends and family stayed on-site afterwards, so the celebrations could continue in a more laid-back, informal way. We roasted s'mores, paddled in the lake, made a bonfire, and watched an incredible starry night - no light pollution - simply gorgeous! The food through PRR's catering company was delicious - buffet-style, but super fresh and tasty. We did the trout and the brisket, and both were excellent. The only tricky thing about the Ranch is transportation - coming from Vail, it's another 45 minutes up a bumpy dirt road to get to the venue... but worth the ride! Price below includes venue fee, food, and open bar for 84 guests. Waking up the next morning to the beautiful sunrise over the mountains was a moment I'll never forget. Thank you, PRR!
    Meg Married on 10/10/2015
    Piney River Ranch is the perfect venue for the quintessential Colorado wedding! The backdrop is breathtaking, the fare is fantastic and the service outstanding. As a wedding planner, I look for venues that provide a unique experience for my clients. Piney fits the bill perfectly. My August wedding at Piney River Ranch was a huge success. A moose actually walked past the couple as they exchanged vows against the gorgeous vignette of Piney Lake! Other venues have views of the Gore Range. Piney River Ranch is nestled within the Gore Range. You are truly part of the mountains and away from it all. Monique, the general manager, is great at communicating and anticipating guest needs. She has assembled a great team of professionals. Piney River Ranch is a magical venue and one not to be missed when considering ceremony and reception sites!
    Jennifer Married on 06/24/2015
    Piney River Ranch was a fantastic place to have our wedding! Monique and Brittany were super helpful and worked with us to make everything just how we wanted it. The setting is beautiful and the wedding was perfect! The food was also really good. The view from the deck is amazing.
    Nicole Married on 09/18/2014
    The views!! This place is one of a kind! I can't even begin to explain how amazing the Piney River Ranch staff was, leading up to my wedding and on the day of. Monique, the GM, who was our direct contact, was incredible from start to finish. Our wedding wouldn't have gone as perfect as it did without her. This venue is such a Colorado gem and our guests are still talking about our wedding day!! Thank you!!
    Amy Married on 07/14/2013
    I have to say I was a little nervous signing a contract last year with Piney. The reviews for the food and customer service were horrible. But, you can't beat the location so we signed away hoping for the best. Luckily, months before my wedding Monique took over. She is just such a wonderful, amazingly nice person that I felt like I knew her for years. She catered to everything we wanted. We made up our own menu without a problem (and all the guests raved about the food) and everything we asked for was absolutely no problem at all. She definitely made our experience at Piney all the better and you can feel assured she will do everything in her power to make your wedding exactly how you want it. She's amazing!!!!
    Marjorie Married on 07/20/2014
    Piney River Ranch is the perfect venue for people who want a rustic Colorado wedding. Monique is super helpful and customizes your event to fit your needs. Even though my husband and I live in the Vail valley, we are both transplants from other states. This venue was the perfect spot for our needs, it was very private, outdoors, yet an indoor spot with heater lamps and safety from the rain. Our friends were able to stay the night for a little post reception fun, while our family/other guests were able to head back down the mountain. The food was great, actually better than the tasting. All of our guests left saying "best wedding ever". I highly recommend Piney River Ranch to all futures couples.
    Jennifer Married on 07/14/2014
    Piney River Ranch was the perfect venue for our wedding. We knew we wanted a mountain wedding and outdoors and this location was perfect. You couldn't ask for a location with more breathtaking views. The ceremony deck sits on a lake overlooking the mountain range. You are completed surrounded by nature, aspen trees, and wildlife. We even saw a moose go swimming during the reception. What makes this location even better is that it is a short drive from Vail but you feel like you are out of the city.

The staff was really great. Monique handled everything with our wedding and assisted with all the planning. We had a tight budget and she was able to help work with it and make adjustments so we could still have our dream wedding and not blow the budget. She was wonderful on wedding day as well as all the staff.

We look forward to renting a cabin on the property for our anniversary each year to relive our perfect day.
    Julia Married on 06/22/2014
    Monique and the team at PRR were fantastic! The location is absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect mix of outdoors (for us) and modern amenities (for our guests). The staff was professional, lively, and extremely personable throughout the afternoon and evening of the wedding, we even caught some of our guests playing horseshoes with the cowboys ;) Everyone had the most amazing visit to PRR and we really appreciate the kindness and willingness of everyone to have a good time and let loose. Also, the food was fantastic! Would highly recommend PRR to anyone super outdoorsy (or not) looking to entertain their "city folk" friends and family who will be stunned by the views from the safety of flush toilets.
  • Alicia
    Alicia Married on 06/28/2013
    Piney River Ranch is AMAZING! Monique, the new site manager is FANTASTIC and absolutely wonderful! I'm so glad Monique took over because our wedding would not have been as great as it was without her. She is super sweet and easy to work with. She was very flexible and helped us choose a tasty menu. The staff at Piney River Ranch did a great job and we got so many comments from guests about the views and the food. The road there can be a little rough but it's SO worth it!! A great mountain venue for a great value!
  • Christina
    Christina G. Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful wedding day!

Having your wedding at Piney River Ranch was incredibly memorable! The venue and location are beautiful and the staff are top-notch. The Gore Range is beautiful behind Piney Lake. A moose made an appearance lakeside once it got dark....just munching on the tall grass at the edge of the lake....so many guests loved seeing her! We bought out the property for the night of our wedding and everyone enjoyed waking up to more moose in the morning and a beautiful lake to explore. Loved the campfire afterparty! Piney is so special to us, and we are so glad we chose it for our wedding.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn Married on 06/28/2019

Incredible mountain experience!

We booked this venue before ever seeing it in person because we could see how special it was in the photos alone. This venue blew our guests away and we are so thankful to have had such a special day in the mountains with our closest friends and family. For being 45 minutes down a bumpy dirt road, the food and service were wonderful. We will absolutely never forget our wedding day and Piney River Ranch will always be a special place to us!
    Kristen Married on 09/19/2016
    The venue, staff, and food at Piney are amazing! We wouldn't consider having our wedding anywhere else, and you shouldn't either! The whole day was perfect, and Monique & Brittany were so helpful and responsive leading up to our wedding day. We rented out all of the accommodations and had a great time partying at the bonfire into the next morning, then did a beautiful hike from the lake the next day. Piney is the perfect venue! Total cost at Piney, including full cabin buyout (which you should definitely do), food, alcohol, and tax/service charges, was $16,500 for 90 people.
    Kelli Married on 07/12/2014
    If you want an UNFORGETTABLE Colorado wedding venue, Piney River Ranch is the place! 9 months later, our friends and family from all over the country still comment on the incredible views and overall mountain experience. Monique was easy to work with and very flexible. Beware that the drive up in a little tricky (some out of town guests might even call it scary), but once you're up there, the breathtaking views take over!
    Jennifer Married on 08/26/2011
    Piney River Ranch is even more breathtaking in person than I could have ever imagined from looking at pictures (I saw it in person for the first time 1 week before our wedding)!! PRR is well worth the 45 min - 1 hr drive up, as the scenary and vibe was EXACTLY what I wanted and our wedding turned out PERFECTLY!!! The only thing I would have done differently was have the wedding start an hour earlier because it all went so fast and had to end way before I wanted it to. Pam, Andy, and the rest of the PRR crew where great and very accomodating!! Thank you so much and we can't wait to visit next summer!!!
    Kylie S. Married on 08/30/2021

The best ever!

My husband and I had an elopement here, and it was MAGICAL! Shoshana is the absolute bomb.com and helped us set up and with anything we needed! The view is unbelievable. It doesn’t even seem real. I can’t even begin to explain how amazing the wedding pictures turned out. It was worth every penny.
    I would 150% recommend getting married here! We are already planning to go back for a visit and hike!
    Thank you Piney River Ranch for a magical day!