Pike Productions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

1 User photo

• Amy
    Amy Married on 09/04/2020

Easy and highly recommended!

We used Pike Productions as they came recommended, plus they were the in-house A/V for our venue District Winery. We talked to them last year about arrangements, which were super easy to coordinate. Then, COVID-19 came along and we had to make adjustments. We reduced our wedding and they ended up doing a livestream of our ceremony. The quality of the audio and visual for the livestream was incredible. Our friends and family who watched were amazed and so elated with how well the production was. The video we watched back days later had us in tears. A job well done!

Our DJ, Zach, was incredible. We spoke with him twice - once over a year ago, and then again a few weeks before the wedding. He was easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and understood our vibe immediately. He had me dancing all night and we were very happy with how he worked our music requests. Overall, highly recommend for the service, price, and professionalism.
    Brianne B. Married on 02/21/2020

Great lighting option!

We contacted Pike for uplighting and bistro lighting for our wedding and couldn't have been happier with the result. The pricing was reasonable and working with them was so straightforward and simple. They were so professional and their established relationship with our venue made everything so easy. Would definitely recommend them for any wedding lighting!
    Nicole Married on 01/19/2020

Highly recommend!

My husband and I were SO pleased with our DJ, Zach Pleasant, and the staff at PIKE Productions. First and foremost, everyone is incredibly nice and easy to work with, and we loved the online portal that PIKE provides to list songs you want played (and not played!). Above all, we LOVED our DJ Zach. On our planning phone call, it was clear that he wanted to understand who we are as a couple and what we envisioned for our wedding evening -- including the mood we were hoping to set throughout the entire event. And wow, he did an amazing job!!! Zach read the crowd perfectly and helped keep the evening flowing and the dance floor full! We couldn't be happier with his work!! We still have guests RAVING about the music.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/02/2018
    Okay Pike Productions was AMAZING to work with. They came highly recommended by our wedding planner and they did not disappoint. It was so great working with Elizabeth and Zach, they were so organized with everything. On the day of the wedding I only spoke to Zach once and he had everyone up dancing the whole night. I highly recommend anyone in the area to book Pike Productions for any type of event.
    Patricia Married on 06/30/2018
    We used Pike Productions for outside lighting at our daughter's wedding reception, and were extremely happy with the responsiveness, professionalism, pricing, and quality of work done. Elizabeth was quick to return emails and was a pleasure to work with. The team was in and out of the venue quickly, and their lighting installation provided just the right touch of sparkle for a summer evening in the garden.
    Elizabeth Married on 06/23/2018
    From my first conversation with Bruce, I knew that Pike Productions was the right choice to DJ our wedding. We were completely on the same page regarding vibe and our likes/dislikes, and I knew he and the team would execute our wedding perfectly. Our DJ was Ernie, and he was completely on board with all of our asks - we did not want a DJ who would be TOO active on the microphone (more emceeing/directing than doing any hype, etc.), and he was perfect. The music kept everyone from all generations on the dance floor for the entire wedding. We had also specifically requested that the music not be too loud (so people who weren't dancing could still talk at their tables and enjoy the party) and the volume was perfect - loud enough for a good party, but not deafening for those who wanted to talk. We also used the team for uplighting, and they were great at making recommendations of how many lights and where to place them.
    Meaghan Married on 05/19/2018
    What can we say- Bruce is THE best! Our dance floor was packed all night and our guests are still talking about how good the music was! Thanks for helping make our day so special!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 08/05/2017
    Pike Productions was amazing! They did the drapes and lighting for our wedding, as well as providing a guitarist for our ceremony. We were able to speak directly with Bruce Pike, and Elizabeth as our POC up until moments before the wedding began. She was responsive, helpful, and accommodated a last minute need for an additional drape.

The staff arrived on time and hung all our bistro lighting quickly to ensure everything else could be set up on time. I would highly recommend working with Pike Productions for any wedding needs — they are a fantastic vendor!
    Jennifer Married on 11/12/2016
    Bruce Pike was recommended to us by our caterer, Well Dunn, and we are so grateful for the recommendation. We used them for both our ceremony and reception, which were held at the same place (Torpedo Factory Art Center). They had great customer service, and the provide a number of online planning tools that make the planning process go very smoothly. Our DJ was super professional - he managed our event and helped keep the flow going, but without being too overbearing or "cheesy" as DJ's can sometimes be. He followed our instructions and requests and when he did improvise (which we encouraged him to do), we loved what he did! We spent the night dancing and having a blast.
    Melinda Married on 10/09/2016
    We loved Bruce Pike! He added so much to the celebration of my son's and daughter-in-law's wedding. Bruce was warm and accommodating and in the pre-planning stages, his guidance was helpful to them on pacing and music choices. They had a day-time wedding and we worried if people would even dance. No fear at all - Bruce had everyone dancing for much of the day. He is a delight and we would recommend him in a heartbeat.
  • Gina
    Gina Married on 10/08/2016
    Where to begin... Bruce is perfection! My venue gave a list of recommended bands and DJs and when I spoke to Bruce, I knew immediately he was the one. He is so personable, friendly, and had me laughing within seconds. His staff is incredible to work with as well, and was so responsive to all my questions over the past year! We used Bruce for ceremony music, and he literally was on the phone with me for close to an hour a couple weeks before the wedding helping me pick the perfect versions of the songs I wanted for the prelude and processional. In addition to the ceremony, Bruce seriously rocked at the reception. Our dance floor was packed! The entire night. I can't recommend him enough!! I hope our paths cross again someday, Bruce! You were so great to work with!
  • User2739622 2+ years ago
    Amazing! Everyone was on the dance floor all night!!!
    Sheila Married on 05/07/2016
    We got Bruce himself as the DJ and he was fantastic. We had specific Indian music that we had to play for certain parts of the ceremony that I had asked my brother-in-law to be in charge of (assuming that wasn't part of Bruce's job) but when Bruce got to the venue, he took it over, listened to what my dad told him, and did it perfectly. He played a great mix of Indian and regular music for our "fusion" wedding - I also saw that he noticed when people weren't dancing and would switch it up to get people on the dance floor and moving. He could just read the audience very well. He also (very nicely) was able to block requests from the guests that we had already told him were on the "non-play" list - like the chicken dance etc. He was absolutely the best, and was a big part of why our wedding/reception was so much fun. Highly highly recommend this company!!!!
  • User2711332 2+ years ago
    Bruce Pike was an amazing choice to DJ our wedding! Our friends and family literally danced the entire time! All ages and from lots of different places. So many compliments ever since. Also, he provided a violinist and guitarist for the ceremony and cocktail hour AND did the accent lighting. It was gorgeous. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM and his team!
    Lauren Married on 10/16/2015
    Bruce Pike was truly instrumental in giving me the wedding day I had always dreamed of! I planned my entire wedding myself and was very anxious about things coming together just right. My second meeting with Bruce was the first time I truly got exited about the wedding because he was so relaxed and happy for me! Bruce was super professional, fun, and really put me at ease. When I asked that the music be a mix of both Latin and American music (my husband's family is from Bolivia), he catered to my individual requests without a problem. It was absolutely perfect. He worked seamlessly with my day-of coordinator and the evening flowed perfectly. Both families could not stop telling me what a wonderful and fun time they had at our reception! I would recommend Bruce to anyone- he is a seasoned pro and will make your wedding as perfect as mine was <3
    thanks Bruce :)
    Kate Married on 07/04/2015
    Bruce is the best! He was the DJ for my wedding on July 4. I had spoken to a few other DJ's in the area and after talking with Bruce on the phone, I knew he was it! I think a lot of people think they can cut costs on their DJ, but the music is really what keeps the party going at a wedding! Bruce takes his role seriously and is also just an awesome, fun guy! He met with my husband and me a few weeks before the wedding to go over everything. It was great because I felt like he really got to know us. You get to pick your own music with his companies online planning tools, so we could have our must play, maybe play, do not play lists from the extensive music library. He didn't have the song for my Dad and my dance, but he was able to find it no problem. He worked extremely well with all of the other vendors and was very professional. I'd recommend him to anyone!
    Amy Married on 05/31/2015
    Bruce was wonderful! He is organized and flexible has a way of calming even the most stressed out of brides :) He helped develop an event timeline and made me feel so comfortable during the event. The guests had an absolute blast and we are so happy we chose to work with this company! We strongly recommend Bruce!
    Ana Married on 05/02/2015
    We could not have been happier with Bruce! Right from our initial conversation we knew that our wedding was in good hands and that our guests were going to have a great time. From the start he gave us straightforward advice and tips from his experience doing weddings in DC, which was exactly what we needed at a time when we were feeling overwhelmed. He was easy to work with and professional and the database that he sent us to choose from was easy to use.

On the night of, he kept the crowd dancing and expertly navigated working with our acoustic singer. All our friends agreed the music was great and everyone had a great time right up to the very end. I would definitely recommend Bruce!
    Emily Married on 10/24/2014
    Bruce Pike is my new favorite person. Hands down, he is the best! I met him at a bridal expo before I had even set a date or really started my wedding planning, but I KNEW that he was the one for our wedding. He is so charming, and such a professional, and really just put my mind at ease. A DJ can either make or break your wedding, and Bruce Pike knows how to rock a wedding. I trusted him completely to run a perfect show and he definitely delivered! He has an online portal where you can save all your music ideas/timelines which helped to keep us on the same page, and also gave me ideas for some song choices for certain things during our reception (bouquet toss, first dances, etc.). His company also offers uplighting which we took advantage of and really made the reception space feel complete, as well as a photo booth which our guests are still talking about. All of his services provided for our wedding were top-notch, and I wouldn't recommend using anyone else- Bruce Pike is IT!
  • User1911318 2+ years ago
    Bruce is WONDERFUL!!! Our guests absolutely loved the music! Our one request is that we wanted everyone dancing the entire time, which Bruce did without problem!
    Emily Married on 09/05/2014
    Bruce was so much fun to work with! Two of my friends in event planning recommended him, and they were completely spot on! Bruce has a great sense of people's music style, and he was so much fun at the wedding. We got several compliments from guests. Bruce was also incredibly flexible and patient with us leading up to the big day. My husband and I were a little behind the game in planning our music selections, but he didn't blink twice when we needed a little extra help and time. Hire Bruce, dance, be happy!
    Alyse Married on 07/12/2014
    Best DJ Award goes to Bruce Pike with Bruce Pike Productions! If you want a DJ that is so fun to work with, someone you can trust for recommendations, and someone who can turn your wedding reception into an "epic dance party"...Bruce is your man! Our dance floor was packed throughout our ENTIRE reception, all thanks to Bruce! Bruce-We can't thank you enough!! We are so happy that you were such a big part of our special day! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
    Kaitlin Married on 10/12/2013
    My husband and I LOVE Bruce!!! He was so attentive throughout the planning process and treated us like we were old friends. He exudes energy and joy in everything he does and it made such a big difference! On the wedding day, he knew exactly what to play to keep the dance floor packed and all of our guests had a great time!
  • User1020194 2+ years ago
    Bruce was great! I am all about a great personality and I also think it is very important for a DJ. I really needed a good MC which was the DJ and he did a great job. He got everyone's names right during the introductions, we had some hard names too! He worked so well with the coordinators to make sure everything ran smoothly through the night. He had all of our music that we wanted and listened to what we wanted and executed it. He is for sure a classy DJ and is great to work with. We had people on the dance floor all night. He was also really good about not taking 'random requests' from guests and managing the mic, so that no one pics up the mic who is not supposed to give a speech but wants to, which I really appreciated and you will too!

He always responded within 24-48 hours when I had an inquiry which I learned is not always common among most wedding vendors.
    Ellen Married on 06/30/2012
    I can't say enough good things about Bruce Pike at Dynomite DJ's! He was professional, charming, and knowledgeable. Prior to the wedding, Bruce met with us for several hours going over the music selections, timing, and flow of the reception. When we arrived at the reception venue, he was right there and had everything under control as we lined up for all of the announcements.

Bruce truly knew how to conduct a reception, and was really a "Master of Ceremonies", knowing what to do so that the reception flowed smoothly and everyone had fun. I had many people comment that the music was perfect - a great mix, not too loud, but loud enough, taking all of the bride and groom's wishes as first and foremost. Bruce worked beautifully with the photographer at the wedding so that the timing of things went smoothly.

I have never seen so many people up and dancing, and so quickly at a wedding! Bruce knew just when to play certain types of music to get the crowd up, and helped run a flawless reception. He worked beautifully with us as parents of the bride, and considered the bride and groom his main priority. Bruce was personable without being intrusive, professional without being "stuffy", and just overall a great DJ! I would recommend highly to anyone for any type of event.