Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers Reviews

Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 5
Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 6

Christine · Married on 05/18/2019

Phenomenal Wedding/Experience at Stunning Venue

This venue is absolutely fantastic! I could not recommend it enough. Our wedding was this past weekend (May 18, 2019); everything ran smoothly and was perfect. The weather was beautiful, which only enhanced the already stunning venue. There are not very many venues like this in NYC and it truly is a gem. The food was delicious – our guests keep raving about it. We did go with a few enhancements (intermezzo, pretzel umbrella, snack cart) which I would definitely recommend since they were all a hit however, additional food is not necessary since they do give you plenty. I loved the option to have butlered desserts and so did our guests so everyone could stay out on the dance floor and have different options. The staff was wonderful! Everyone I encountered that night went above and beyond for us and added to the great experience. Our sales associate, Greg, and day-of coordinator, Rich, were magnificent. They both helped us create our perfect wedding celebration and were main drivers in our flawless and successful event. I am beyond happy with the outcome and it is worth every penny.

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 7
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 8
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 9

Tiana · Married on 09/28/2018

A year of planning later, and I can honestly say without a doubt, the lighthouse not only lived up to my high expectations, but blew them out of the water. There are no words. We worked with Bob who was responsive, professional, honest and just down right a wonderful person. We had a few specific requests and Bob didn’t even hesitate for a second before making them happen. When we arrived on our wedding day, bob was there with his team to greet us and make sure we had anything and everything we needed. I had a personal assistant to help me throughout the night who was so sweet. My husband just keeps saying he can’t believe the level of service we received and it’s just so nice that everything came together so perfectly. Oh and of course, the venue looked absolutely stunning. Our guests just keep saying how wonderful the food was (the quantity and more importantly the quality) and how wonderful the staff was. All I can say is that truly, everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Tori · Married on 06/29/2018

The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers is a picture perfect venue. Their Event Team let by the amazing Bob McSweeney, is a group of kind and extremely talented professionals, who are very easy to work. They answered any questions we had within a few hours, made sure every detail we asked for was set, and helped us create a perfectly seamless wedding that we could have only dreamed of…I will always think of The Lighthouse for any event that we might hold in the future. We couldn’t have loved the venue more!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Ah-Hyun · Married on 03/16/2018

The entire Abigail Kirsch and The Lighthouse staff went above and beyond what we imagined. From the service, coordination, organization, set-up, menu, cuisine, drinks, and everything else, we were impressed by the planning leading up to the wedding day and execution on the wedding day. I will mention, they don't have your typical tasting, but they were willing to accommodate us to taste their food - schedule permitting. You will sit down with one of their seasoned professionals in putting together a menu that works for you. There are so many options that there's something for all couples.
    Tanya, our wedding coordinator, was very helpful and responsive from the day we started coordinating two months before the wedding day. Tanya coordinated everything with our vendors and responded to their needs accordingly.
    On the wedding day, Tanya was a maestro leading the orchestra. She solved all the small and major problems that arose, made our bridal party and family feel so welcomed and comfortable, and she did it all with ease - nothing fazed her.
    The value for what you get at Abigail Kirsch and The Lighthouse is amazing. The venue is beautiful at sunset and night. The food is delicious and there's so much of it! From cocktail hour to the butler-passed desserts, everything was flavorful and well-executed. Our guests keep mentioning that it is the best food they've had in a long time. The service was impeccable and we always had someone attending to us and our guests.
    Overall, we could not have had a better experience. Tanya, Abigail Kirsch, and The Lighthouse made our dream wedding come true.

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 10
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 11
    Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse & Current at Chelsea Piers 12

helen · Married on 01/04/2018

These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

The location, staff and everything about the lighthouse at Chelsea Piers made my dream wedding into a reality

Sent on 11/13/2017

Nina · Married on 09/16/2017

My now-husband and I got married at Current at Chelsea Piers after falling in love with Abigail Kirsch catering. We had about 185 guests for a ceremony, cocktails, dinner, and dancing. We could not be more thrilled with how our wedding went.

Our event manager, Madeline, was so professional, kind, and responsive. She has incredible attention to detail and worked closely with our wedding planner to make sure the night was absolutely perfect. The two of them seamlessly handled all the moving parts, kept the events on schedule, and took care of any problems before we even knew they were happening. We also had a wonderful bridal attendant, Mina, who made sure we were fed and watered during the very hectic night.

And of course, the Abigail Kirsch catering was excellent. I have an intolerance to gluten, and the staff worked with me to create an entirely gluten-free menu. Our guests absolutely raved about the food, and all said they never would have guessed there was no gluten involved!

All of the staff working the event were absolutely on top of their game, from the bar staff to the servers, ensuring our guests had the best possible time. We are so happy with how our wedding went thanks to their professionalism.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Don · Married on 05/28/2017

Our daughter got married at the Lighthouse last weekend. It was a perfect venue- the views are stunning, the staff was friendly and professional, and the food was great. It was truly perfect. Special thanks to David Dougherty, our event manager, who was outstanding.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Andi · Married on 04/29/2017

I could not recommend a venue more than the Lighthouse! Madeline was AMAZING - She was always responsive and helpful and truly made our vision come to life! Our guests are still talking about how great the food was, it blew our mind! The day of staff was perfection, always available and helpful. I can honestly say, I was a true guest at my own wedding. Madeline handled EVERYTHING. I could not recommend The Lighthouse more!!!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 02/04/2017

The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers was an absolutely perfect venue for our wedding. The staff was exceptional, especially our wedding coordinator, who was a rock star. She went above and beyond to make the night flow perfectly. The staff working the event were incredibly professional and just great. The food was excellent -- far and away the best food we (and all of our guests) have ever had at a wedding. The space was fantastic, with incredible views. I highly, highly recommend this venue and would love to do something there again.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Emily · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I got married at Current in December 2016. From start to finish the staff was professional, organized and most importantly fun to work with! We were blown away with their attention to detail and their flexibility in making everything just the way we wanted it. Our family and friends could not stop raving about the service, the ambiance and the Abigail Kirsch catering -- which is simply top notch.

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • User7320534 · 2+ years ago

The lighthouse at Chelsea Piers truly made a fantastic wedding for us! They were extremely organized. The second I met with my planner, Bob, I felt truly comfortable that the event would be everything we wanted and would go very smoothly! I wouldn't have changed a thing about the day, they made it perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2016

We got married at the Lighthouse this past weekend, and I can't articulate how perfect and amazing everything was. Since it is an expensive venue, we were going in with already high expectations, and I can honestly say that they exceeded anything I could have ever imagined. The food is to die for, and the service they provide is worth every penny. From the event manager you are given, the servers and staff, and the Bride's personal attendant, we never felt more accommodated than that night. We've had countless guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to (and that was on a rainy day!) and many people commented on how their glasses were always full, never needing to go to a bar. I worked with Lauren in booking the space and questions along the way, and Rich Martin was my event manager. Both of them were so helpful and professional and went out of their way to make our vision into a reality. My family and I also had some very specific requests for the flow of the evening, from the band, and for the ceremony, and Rich made sure things went off without a hitch. It was more fun and more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined. You absolutely will not regret booking this venue - wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 08/05/2016

We got married at The Lighthouse on July 8th and it was a dream come true! We couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue!! I am still in awe at how wonderful they were to work with! They were so responsible and attentive throughout the entire planning process. Our day of planner, Madeline, was on top of every little detail from beginning to end. She made the day of our wedding completely seamless and stress-free! Everyone just got to relax and enjoy themselves. The venue looked stunning and the food was beyond delicious!! We received glowing reviews from every guest in attendance! The Lighthouse made our day everything we dreamed it would be and more!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Danielle · Married on 02/27/2016

Lauren at Pier Sixty has made this whole process so easy and organized. Amazing original presentation for the space. We were so impressed we signed our paperwork for The Current befor it was even built! That's how much they have to offer and the location is amazing.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/28/2015

The most amazing wedding venue ever. We got married here this past weekend and it was unbelievable. The food was amazing. The service was incredible. Everything was perfect. Bob was our event manager and literally killed it. They really know what they are doing there. The compliments from our guests just keep coming. Cannot even find the words to describe how amazing everything was. Wish I could do it all again next weekend!!!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

I got married at the Lighthouse in November and everything was amazing from start to finish. I worked with both Greg and Craig and they were extremely professional, responsive, and lovely. The venue is breathtaking at night. The food was amazing and all the guests raved about it afterwards. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/13/2015

After seeing an article about our venue potentially closing (which it has now), we had to scramble a month before our wedding to find an alternative venue which was definitely not an easy task in NYC. Looking back at it all now, it was DEFINITELY a blessing in disguise because we came across Pier Sixty which was hands down the most perfect venue for our fairy tale wedding. I honestly didn't even consider Pier Sixty 14 months or so out before our wedding date, knowing it was completely out of our budget. In a desperate attempt to contact over 50 venues last minute, stumbling across Pier Sixty was just meant to be. It was oddly available all day on our wedding weekend and could accommodate our wedding party size. They were willing to work with our strained budget (due to the old venue) and with all our vendors already booked for the day.

Jayme and Richard were absolutely wonderful and extremely professional to work with. They totally exceeded our expectations and really turned an extremely stressful month into the most magical day I could've imagined. All of our guests raved about the food, especially the cocktail hour. Although they don't offer tastings as their catering is done by Abigail Kirsch, they were true to their word and the food was excellent! Service was top notch and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for giving us our fairy tale wedding!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

We just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lighthouse in October and it was spectacular. The venue is completely amazing - you have floor to ceiling windows that overlook the Hudson River and NJ in the background. We had our wedding ceremony during dusk, which made for an amazing sunset backdrop during our ceremony. It was magical in every sense of the word.

We had an amazing experience coordinating our wedding with Abigail Kirsch/The Lighthouse staff. Our wedding was a bit complicated; as an Indian wedding there were a number of nuances involved, such as the horse procession outside before the ceremony, an elaborate setup for the ceremony, an intermediary send off on a carriage, and a lot of dietary restrictions for our guests. The staff handled every in stride and did a fabulous job. Our event manager, Richard, was fantastic and really assuaged any fears or nervousness that we had for the day. Under Richard's direction, the whole night turned out spectacular and could not have been more perfect. At the end of the night, the dance floor was still packed, so we were able to coordinate with Richard to extend our time at the venue.

Many of our guests have told us that this was the best wedding they've ever been to. Having the wedding at the Lighthouse was the best decision we ever made.

Sent on 11/11/2015

We had our September 25th ceremony and reception at The Lighthouse. We absolutely LOVED everything about The Lighthouse: the setting, the food, the service - everything was top notch and we were made to feel like guests at our own wedding. From my groom having a fresh cold beer always available to my lovely attendant tying my belt on my dress without me even noticing, everything was perfect. We had Bob as our event manager and I trusted him 100%. He made us and our families feel completely at ease and relaxed since day one. The Lighthouse and Bob are A+ hosts. Couldn't be more happy with our wedding day thanks to them.

Sent on 01/16/2016

I absolutely love Current and the people who made my dream wedding a reality. First of all, our event manager, David, did everything to make sure things run smoothly and flawlessly. Kudos! We really gave our heart felt gratitude to David and my attendant. I can only imagine what they did to make sure the wedding was perfect. All of ours guests were raving about the food and the service. In fact, my boss told me that he wanted his son to get married at the Current.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Samantha · Married on 07/18/2015

I couldn't say enough good things!! We truly loved this venue and had the best evening! Great food and service!! Thanks again

Sent on 11/07/2015

Lynn · Married on 04/11/2015

What a space for a wedding! From beginning to end, the people at the Lighthouse knew what they were doing. The food was great, the organization was smooth, and the service was seamless. Paul, our event manager, was on top of everything, from the planning to being the emcee in his tux. We know this is a high-end venue, but we feel we got more than we paid for. Great food, great space, great people, great operation all around.

Sent on 04/19/2015

The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers did a wonderful job at my daughters wedding. The service and food were amazing. The wedding was really spectacular.

Sent on 12/22/2014