Photography Du Jour LLC Reviews

Photography Du Jour LLC 1
Photography Du Jour LLC 2
  • Paul-Kate

Paul-Kate Emerson · Married on 04/28/2019

Capturing all the sparkles!

Shauna was a joy to work with. We gave her a list of photos that didn't make her job easy and she worked with us to capture our guests in the beauty we see them. We loved the inventive engagement photos in the snow and sparkler writing at the end of the night.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2018

Shauna was absolutely incredible to work with and we couldn't be happier with our photos! We were on a quick timeline taking pictures in the church after our ceremony, and she was able to get our families organized and take some amazing photos that our families will cherish forever. I would hire Shauna again and again and recommend her to anyone. You don't get a do-over for your wedding day--so do yourself a favor and go with a real pro!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Photography Du Jour LLC 3

Corinne · Married on 04/28/2018

I LOVED working with Shauna! She is so sweet, so on top of everything, and made the photo taking process of our wedding speedy and enjoyable. Her work is ethereal and stunning. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Taylor · Married on 03/03/2018

Shauna was the best photographer we could have asked for. She and her co-photographer, Crystal, were extremely professional and took beautiful photographs. With grace and ease, they both handled otherwise complicated group photos and found creative ways to capture our big day. Photography DuJour is worth every penny!!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Best Decision!

Shauna is such a talented photographer and a genuinely wonderful person! My husband and I are extremely awkward in front of the camera but Shauna and her assistant made us feel so comfortable and kept us laughing the entire time. I’ve never felt so confident before, which made our engagement and wedding photos amazing! Our wedding was even published in The Knot Magazine! Shauna goes above and beyond her duties and cares so much for her couples. She not only took amazing photos, but helped me all day, she even picked the earrings I wore! I honestly feel like she’s a family friend now. Photos are so important for a special occasion like this, so stop reading reviews and book Shauna!

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Photography Du Jour LLC 4
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

Shauna shot my wedding at Silverbrook Farm in late September, and she (and her daughter) were a joy to work with! I was looking for a photographer who knew the venue well and would take amazing shots without needing much direction from me, and Shauna fot the bill. Shauna put me and my husband at ease the entire time. She was extremely efficient and kept us all to our timeline, abd best of all, we have some amazing shots to remember our wedding with. I would highly recommend Photography Du Jour!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Kelley · Married on 09/03/2017

I am so glad that my husband and I hired Photography DuJour for our wedding photography services! Shauna and Alexis were extremely professional and made us feel natural and comfortable from the very beginning. Shauna did a great job keeping our family and bridal party in line while maintaining a calm demeanor throughout the event. When we received our photos, we were amazed at how many there were and at the incredible quality of each and every photo. They truly captured the details of our wedding day from start to finish and we are so happy to have such beautiful pictures to hold on to forever!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Shauna was such a joy to work with! Our wedding venue was Silverbrook Farm (where she is a preferred vendor), so she gave us a complimentary engagement photo shoot in addition to the wedding day pictures. She was super responsive and flexible when we were trying to schedule our engagement photos around other plans that same day. Neither my husband or I am very comfortable in front of the camera, but Shauna kept things moving, was really positive, and never dwelled too long on a given pose. This was a huge relief as we had both had a bad experience with a photographer at our friends’ wedding who was really pushy and didn’t make us feel comfortable at all. She was really efficient and made it a totally painless process. The engagement photos came out amazing and made us even more excited for our big day! When the wedding day came Shauna and her assistant got right to work getting photos of both myself and my bridesmaids as well as the groom and groomsmen getting ready. She was able to get all the crucial family pictures we wanted in a short period of time before the ceremony (seriously impressive given how many people had to be wrangled) and pulled us aside briefly during the reception for some sunset pictures. And she did it all with a huge smile and upbeat vibe! Would recommend her to anybody looking for a photographer in the DMV area. Thank you, Shauna!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Katy · Married on 06/11/2016

Shauna's work is absolutely amazing and she is an extremely talented photographer! I'm so glad we made the decision to work with her for our engagement pictures and wedding photography. She has a great eye for photos and works efficiently and quickly to get the best shots. My husband really doesn't enjoy having his picture taken (like most guys) and Shauna was able to make him feel comfortable throughout all our posing so that our pictures turned out natural and gorgeous! Shauna is also fun to work with, has a great personality and a great sense of humor. After our engagement shoot, she sent us a wonderful mix of posed and candid shots, as well as both black and white and color versions of all our photos. We loved so many of the pictures that it was super hard choosing one for our Save the Dates! Then, for our wedding, Shauna sent us a few sneak peeks a couple of days after, and we absolutely love everything we've seen so far! We seriously can't wait to see the rest, and hope to be able to work with Shauna again in the future for other life events! Thanks again Shauna! You're the best! :)

Sent on 07/27/2016

Best decision we've made! Shauna is a complete professional who not only is an amazing photographer but truly cares for the couple. We never had to mention what we wanted she had already known what the best shots and settings would be for us. One of the best photographers we have seen to date. Definitely recommend Photography Du Jour for wedding photography and other special occasions.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Wow!! Where to start? Shauna was WONDERFUL!! I am so glad I found her! Out of all the choices out there on the internet, it can be daunting trying to decide who to choose for one of the most important aspects of your wedding day. I happen to have an interest in photography myself, and am EXTREMELY particular when it comes to quality of work. I knew that I was not willing to compromise for my wedding images. It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, and I wanted my pictures to be stunning. After very careful consideration and extensively reviewing Photography du Jour's website, I contacted Shauna. She responded immediately, and even offered me a discount, as I was having a very small, intimate, weekday wedding of around 20 people. Shauna was very friendly, and professional throughout the entire process, and I couldn't have been more pleased when I met her in person on the day of my wedding. She did an incredible job, and my pictures are absolutely beautiful! You can tell they were taken by a TRUE professional. Please contact Shauna if you are looking for someone who will capture your wedding with the highest level of professionalism for a very reasonable price! Wedding photography is not something to scrimp on, and you don't want to look back on the images of your special day with regret! Go with someone who truly knows the art of photography, and will give you a wonderful return on your investment. Shauna will deliver beyond your expectations, and you will look at your images for years to come and be so happy with who you chose!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Shauna was amazing to work with. She made us feel comfortable, relaxed, and made it fun! We loved the results and the price was affordable.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Rebekah · Married on 10/13/2013

We haven't even received our final product yet, but I already feel compelled to review Shauna because she was so great to work with. She was super flexible and responsive through the process of planning and answered all of my questions! She gave me great ideas for different picture ideas, schedule of the day, and it helped that she was super excited to shoot our wedding! We took pictures beforehand and she took special care, and even drove us to the venue to make sure we had a very special reveal to each other and that we never saw each other before we were supposed to! Also, we had a lot of people, which was hard to wrangle sometimes, but she kept calm and easily changed the schedule around a bit when our parents were cold and having trouble standing too long. She and her assistant were very accommodating to our large wedding party but also did a great job making it feel intimate and special. Because it was a cold and a little rainy day and there were a lot of people, the patience of the wedding party wasn't that great, so we didn't get all the photos I had wanted to get with them, but she took her time with me and my husband and made sure we got all the ones of us that we wanted. She went out of her way to set them just right and any picture I wanted she made time for. Another thing I LOVED was that, while she and her assistant were always there to capture the moment, they were not obtrusive and I barely noticed they were there at all! It made for a truly enjoyable event where I didn't feel "on camera" and yet everything was captured! The sneak peek pics were awesome and I can't wait to see the rest!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jan · Married on 08/23/2013

Shauna did an amazing job of capturing our wedding. She always made us feel comfortable and her suggestions of how we should pose really worked out well. She definitely knows her stuff and was able to improvise to make the best out of the rainy conditions in the beginning. She also suggested that we should have a private meeting before the ceremony to give her opportunities to photograph us in a more intimate atmosphere, which led to some amazing pictures and also made the ceremony less overwhelming. Thanks Shauna for that advice.

Some of the shots she took made us feel as if our pictures were taken straight out of a professional bridal magazine, so good she made us look!

Overall we are extremely satisfied with the 1000 pictures Shauna gave us at the end and can highly recommend her to any couple that wants its wedding captured in all its glory. Check out her blog to see her work, it gives you a glimpse of how good she is!

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2013

Shauna from Photography du Jour captured our big day with the most amazing photographs. When I originally found her, she was booked for my date, but thankfully (for me) the other couple cancelled and we got her!! Shauna has been a pleasure to work with through the whole process. We loved her and her work at our original meeting, and were equally in love with our engagement pictures! She has amazing suggestions for places to take pictures if you don't have one in mind. She knew my husband and I are into visiting wineries, and it just so happens that her neighbor has a vineyard that she has access to. :) We had to work quickly to work with the perfect lighting we had, and she gave specific directions that were easy to follow and we got all of our shots in and they turned out perfect.

On the wedding day, she was the same way and captured some amazing shots. She has great ideas on how to pose her clients, but also is very supportive if you have special requests of pictures you'd like taken. We wanted to get all of our pictures done before the ceremony (besides a few sunset shots), and she took control in a super sweet way and kept all of our crazy groomsmen in line to get everything done. Everyone at the wedding loved her!

Through the whole process, Shauna was super responsive. She helped me pick out great pictures for our Save the Dates (from our engagement pictures) and for our Thank You cards (from our wedding pictures). Even paying her is easy...she has a great site set up to make it easy.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Krista · Married on 05/26/2013

Shauna is a wonderful photographer. My wedding pictures turned out amazing and I think I got a good value for the quality of service she provided.

Motrya · Married on 05/18/2013

Shauna did a wonderful job photographing our wedding. From booking the date to meeting in person to discuss the vision and the timeline, Shauna was so easy to work with. She was so accommodating with driving into DC and was able to do portraits before the ceremony and after the reception, as we didn't have a cocktail hour. Not only that but she and her assistant Crystal helped with other tasks such as bustling my dress and leading us through the cake cutting. It took a few week to get our pictures (sent via a flash drive, although some are posted early on the photography du jour Facebook page and blog) and we are so happy with them! Many photographers insists that you order pictures through them but not Shauna. Her rates are very reasonable for the service she provides. Most importantly, Shauna and Crystal are both so warm, friendly and caring. I'm so glad they were there for us on our wedding day!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 05/11/2013

Shauna is amazing. Simply put! The photos were very important to me because that is my memory. Shauna captured everything beautifully! I look through them almost everyday..and I can't decide on what ones I want to use for an album, I love them all! Shauna really took the time to get to understand what we wanted our photos to be and she had some great ideas as well. Make sure to check out her work, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Shauna was professional and personable and the photographs she took of our wedding are beautiful and priceless. I am so happy that we found her, she really puts care and attention into all of the details.

Andrew · Married on 04/20/2013

Photography Du Jour absolutely exceeded our expectations - not only on the day of the wedding, but in meticulous pre-wedding planning and post-wedding delivery. We were recommended Photography Du Jour through our site representatives, and we are forever grateful. Shauna and her team worked with us (at our pace and convenience) prior to the wedding to ensure that they would capture the moment in way that we wanted. On the day of the wedding they arrived early and were set-up and taking pictures before we even realized - providing us with some very nice natural pictures. The pictures of the wedding and reception were great - we really didn't notice them during the event (except when we stepped away for our separate pictures) yet they captured everything perfectly. Shauna and her team were just great to work with - during our individual and couple pictures they were extraordinarily professional yet also humorous - a winning combination. Photography Du Jour returned our pictures (touched up, in multiple formats) within a week (on-line) and then sent a very nice gift with the thumb drive version within 2 weeks - all of the pictures were re-touched and made available in color and B&W (and some had other artistic enhancements as well). All in all we were absolutely thrilled with Photography Du Jour and would recommend them without any hesitation!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Shauna was the best I could have asked for--she is so fun and professional...not to mention talented!

Tricia · Married on 10/28/2012

I cannot say enough to praise our amazing photographer. Shauna was professional, but comfortable enough to not seem like the odd man out at our wedding. She made us feel completely comfortable and made the experience of our wedding, as well as our engagement photo shoot, very enjoyable. The pictures are phenomenal, and not just from our wedding, but every other wedding I have seen on her website. Her prices are average for weddings in our area, and worth every penny. We found her after she saved a friends wedding after that friends photographer bailed the morning of the wedding and Shauna was able to switch things around and make it to the wedding. She has been the clear choice ever since. She is not only a wonderful photographer, but also a wonderful person. She helped keep me from overreacting over things while planning my wedding, and made any issues seem small, especially now looking back on a hurricane stricken weekend. We had an amazing wedding, and the photos are proof. I would recommend Shauna(and I already have) to anyone who is looking for a photographer for anything!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Andrea · Married on 09/28/2012

I used Photography Du Jour for both engagement and wedding photography services. Shauna was wonderful to work with. She was professional, knew how to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and delivered original photos. Shauna never made me feel like I was just another one of her clients. She took every opportunity to shoot a great photo, she was 100% attentive during photo shoots, and she was reliable, flexible, and accommodating to our needs. I highly recommend Photography Du Jour for all your professional photography needs!

Sent on 10/06/2013

tram · Married on 08/18/2012

Roughly two years ago, I craiglisted for a photography in DC for our wedding and I found Shauna's advertise. I was impressed by the wonderful photographs she had on her blog. Shauna is very professional and dedicated with her job. For instance, she usually spends 1-1.5 hours for the engagement session; but on your engagement session she literally forgot the time when she had her camera on her hand. She kept snapping our pictures and walking around town to find more inspirations for our engagement photos. She rolled over 45 mins of her time on that night for us without asking for additional fee. The engagement photos turn out AMAZING with artistic views. Shauna had a unique style and willing take adventurous.
    Shauna and her assistant (Crystal) were a joy to work with. Shauna was very flexible and responsive with all my calls and emails. She went above and beyond her way to make sure everything turn out amazing. She looked out for my best interest on that day. For instance, she suggested me to make a minor change on the timing so that there will be perfect or good lightning for “bride and groom” photo-shoot. She also gave a spontaneous suggestion with the venue manager to fix up the "un-presentable" centerpieces that got left off from my irresponsible florist; although it was not her responsibility. To Shauna and Crystal (her assistant), I can’t say enough thanks for all your hard work.
    It was also amazing that Shauna is not an Asian; indeed, this is her very first Vietnamese wedding ever. But she seems blend well in Asian culture and captured all the necessary shots during the Vietnamese tea ceremony without being directed. For Vietnamese and Chinese brides, if you are on a hunt of American-Asian photographers, then you should consider Shauna as your photographer. I'm not trying to make a sale but you have to check her work out to believe what I said because a picture would worth a thousand words, please check out her blog: http://www.dujourblog.com/blog/

Sent on 09/07/2012

kristy · Married on 09/17/2011

Shauna was great to work with and we were absolutely thrilled with our engagement and wedding photos. We can't wait for the next occasion to book her again.

Sent on 09/06/2012