Photography by Marcia & Michael Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

Photography by Marcia & Michael 1

Jillian · Married on 06/22/2013

They did an absolutely wonderful job at my wedding! The pictures are so beautiful! My wedding album they made is just perfect and I love it!!! My husband and I are very pleased. Marcia also went above and beyond by bringing my snacks and calming me down when I got overwhelmed. They are amazing people and I loved having them there on our special day! Thank you guys so very much! =)

Sent on 10/23/2013

Photography by Marcia & Michael's reply:

Thank you Jillian, it was such a pleasure working with you and your families. We look forward to more photos in the future as your family grows! Best Wishes!

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2013

Marcia and Michael are two of the most wonderful people we have have met on the central coast. Choosing them take our engagement and wedding photos was the best choice we made while planning our entire wedding. They know when and how to capture those special moments on camera. They went above and beyond to cater to us and our family. We are forever grateful for their services. We love looking back at our pictures remembering our wedding day. We highly recommend that you give them a call and meet them. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Photography by Marcia & Michael's reply:

Jennifer and Jeff, what can I say but thank you. It was so much fun getting to know you and all of your family. Everyone was great! We look forward to photographing you as your family grows.
    Thank - You!!!

Marcia and Michael make your wedding day a truly amazing experience and capture the best moments on your special day!

Sent on 12/21/2013
  • Jaimie

Jaimie · Married on 10/27/2012

Marcia and Michael did and amazing job!!! I wish I could post the pics and you would be in awe of their work! We were married at Shore Cliffs Lodge/ Ventana Grill in Pismo Beach, Ca and they knew the area so well and how and where to get the best shots! People cant get over the photos and the scenery! They way past our expectations!!!!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Photography by Marcia & Michael's reply:

Thank you so much Jaimie! We had a great time with you and Bud! Thank you for your kind words, we are blessed to do what we love.

Tracie · Married on 07/14/2012

I was an out of town bride, trying desperately to find vendors in the area of our wedding. I talked with a few photographers, but once I talked to Marcia over the phone, I just got a feeling that she was the one!! I got off the phone feeling like I had known her forever!!! We met in November for our engagement shoot and we had so much fun!! Marcia is a hoot and made us feel very comfortable while taking our pictures. All of our pictures came out so natural and they were amazing!!! Our family and friends were in awe of all of our engagement photos. We met with Marcia again in the spring to discuss the wedding schedule and pics and then she was there with me during my entire wedding day. Marcia was not only my photographer that day, but my go to gal!! She got me champagne, water, and snacks!! She calmed my nerves as the moment got closer and made the day so much easier. She seemed just as excited about the day as we were. I just saw the proofs from the day and the pictures are absolutely amazing. Marcia and Michael captured all of the little details and all of the big ones too. Each picture is super natural and they captured all of the magical moments that filled our magical day!!! Marcia and Michael do amazing work and are very easy to work with. They were part of the family by the end of the night!! I can't thank them enough! Although, we are not locals, I will make the 4 hour drive to use them again and again for all of my special occasions!!!

Sent on 08/04/2012

Angel · Married on 04/28/2012

Marcia and Michael were awesome! One photographer to catch the groom, one for the bride and back outside for sunset photos. Photos exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 06/09/2012

Anna · Married on 11/18/2011

We were so very pleased with the photography services of Marcia & Michael! They were amazing in their attention to detail, their friendliness and creativity. They felt like part of the family! We loved having them with us to capture our wedding ceremony and dinner. The experience from beginning to end was always positive, and they did everything they said they would do. They were able to provide us with a package that was very suitable for our unique needs, and we felt it was worth every penny and more! The real proof came after the wedding when we were able to see the quality of the photography and we are overwhelmed with the outcome! I can't imagine having anyone else photograph a special event. They are truly exceptional!!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Cathy · Married on 11/11/2011

My daughter used Marcia and Michael for their wedding photos. They were amazing!!! Not only do we have stunning photos, but Marcia and Michael did an extra photo shoot for them since it rained on their wedding day and options for photos after the ceremony were limited. They were a joy to work with, made us all feel at ease and were able to adapt when it started to rain.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Shanna · Married on 09/10/2011

Marcia and Michael were great to work with. They thought of everything. Marcia was very flexible with the times we wanted pictures and the type of pictures we wanted. I look forward to seeing our proofs next week!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2011

Wedding- June 25th 2011
    If your reading this you might as well just stop looking for a photographer! Marcia & Michael are AMAZING photographers! I couldn't be happier with the job they did on our wedding day, & Trash the dress & engagment pictures !! Not only were they professional they were fun and made us feel soo comfortable! Picking a photographer was one of the number one things on my list! Pictures are very important to me since they last a lifetime. & Right as I met Marcia she had me sold in 2 seconds! The work that they do and the poses are just amazing! & There open to all your ideas! Marcia actually loved when we were coming up with are own! When you meet them you feel like you known them forever they are soo friendly and fun! On the day of the wedding Marcia had my back! I was soo stressed and she calmed me down and anything I needed she was there to help with! That was an extra bonus!! :) I will def come back when my husband & I want more pictures or family pictures whatever has to do with photography I will be back to them for sure!! Words can't even express how happy we are with are pictures!! Thank you soo much Marcia & Michael!

love,
    The Sutherlands!* Derrick & Amanda :)

Sent on 09/13/2011

Raechel · Married on 07/16/2010

There is so much I could say about Marcia and Michael but words won't even do justice to how happy we were with them as our photographers and with the photo's that we have to remember forever. They are dedicated to every aspect of your wedding day, not just to the photo's and Marcia will make sure that things run smoothly. The most important thing for us was that we had beautiful photo's to always look back on, and we were blown away with the images that Marcia and Michael captured. The joy, emotion, and fun that we had on that day is forever captured in the pictures we have to go back and look at. To cap off an amazing wedding weekend we ended with Trash the Dress pictures, nothing is more enjoyable that taking Marcia and Michael to a secluded beach and taking beautiful pictures to have forever. Their prices are extremely reasonable and being able to have a disc of all our wedding day images in invaluable. Marcia and Michael are seriously amazing people and professionals and they went above and beyond what we expected in every way! I would recommend Marcia and Michael to anyone I knew.

Sent on 09/08/2010

Maryanne · Married on 05/01/2010

Very happy with our photos and the service! Having 2 cameramen was great for the before pictures. Were able to get great groom and bride photos! Wonderful pre organization by Marcia kept the day running smooth!

Sent on 08/09/2010

Danielle · Married on 05/09/2009

Marcia and Michael photographed my engagement and wedding and I couldn't be happier with their service. Our photos turned out absolutely gorgeous, and now, three years after our wedding, I am still just as pleased with them as I was right after our wedding. The quality of the pictures and the artistic vision of Marcia and Michael is superb. They were also very open and responsive to my vision and style and incorporated that into their pictures. Along with their outstanding performance, I was also just as pleased with their professionalism. They were very well organized and Marcia went beyond my expectations to provide support to me among all of the chaos of the wedding day. It was obvious they were well seasoned in their profession and exceptional with their service. It was very important to me to have beautiful photos to capture our wedding day because after it is all over, the photos are what will last and Marcia and Michael did not disappoint.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Briana · Married on 11/29/2008

Marcia and Michael did such an amazing job with our wedding. They really captivated the events that we wanted. There was not a dull moment and i really loved how they work with you and help you along the way to make sure everything is the way you want it and the books they design are absolutely to die for. They do wonderfull work and are true artists. Wish i could get married again and have them take more pictures. Thanks so much for everything Marcia and Michael.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Julie · Married on 10/11/2008

Marcia and Michael are a joy to work with. Not only do they dedicate themselves to making your wedding the most beautiful and memorable day of your life, but despite how busy they can be, they make you feel that you are their only client and priority. Also they do not judge based upon the size of your wedding. Unlike many photographers we interviewed, Marcia and Michael treated us as if we were the most important people and really sold themselves to us.

They are very personable, friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at ease. They can make even the most difficult person smile for their camera.

When viewing the pictures, it is amazing how many details are captured. Many subtleties are revealed that you would not notice otherwise.

What else can we say but that we have no regrets hiring Marcia and Michael as our photographers. We would recommend them to anyone who want to capture each moment of their day and cherish it for the rest of their lives.

Sent on 11/16/2008

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2008

It was such a joyous experience working with Marcia and Michael. They were so organized and on top of things that it made my day worry free. My Husband and I live two hours away from where we got married and Marcia took that into consideration when planning meetings and our engagement session. They were so professional, and it helped out tremendously that they knew the other vendors we hired for the wedding. While taking the pictures, they were very polite and always complimenting how great and beautiful everyone looked. Marcia even bustled my dress for me :) I can honestly saw that the money was well spent. The photos turned out amazing and our wedding album was here in two days.....We were so pleased with the whole experience. Our family and friends thought very highly of them as well and all said what a beautiful and excellent job they did. I was very thankful we got to share our wedding day with Marcia and Michael.

Sent on 11/16/2008

DeNise · Married on 08/17/2008

These photographers were amazing, and their photos are phenomenal. I am not one to take photos, but they made taking photos fun and easy. They have such high standards for their quality of work ,and it really shows when you get your photos. I really like how they are a team and one photographer takes still photos and the other one takes candid photos. It made our wedding pictures have a "real" feeling to them. I would definitely recommend them to someone looking to have beautiful pictures for their wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2008

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2008

These two get a gold star all the way! I am not surprised by there high ratings. They were professional, flexible with dates (especially since I was coming in from out of town) and a great price for the suburb quailty of work. My husband hates taking pictures and yet they even made him feel comfortable! I would recommend them to anyone.
    I also want to add that the album they made us was truly amazing. Its been two years since our wedding and I finally narrowed the 1200 pictures to my favorite 100. I told Marcia just to run with it since I knew I would love it. Our album just came in the mail last week and I was in tears looking through it with my husband. It is perfect!
    I also loved working with Marcia, not only is her photography great but she is a caring and fun going person. When I would be all stressed out she would come in with a calm demenour, and when I would feel kinda down she had this upbeat, crazy personality that reminded me how special and amazing this event was.
    I can say with no reservation that there is not one thing I would change about her or her work. Which is why I gave her 5 stars, and why I had to come on here and give her a great review, she truly deserves it!

Sent on 10/30/2010
  • I

Julie · Married on 07/26/2008

Marcia and Michael were amazing the day of my wedding-- so much more than just photographers. Michael took the groomsmen photos and Marcia took the bridesmaid photos simultaneously so that we could save time. Marcia was always helping me with my dress, carrying my sunglasses, keeping us on schedule, and making sure every detail was perfect. I think Marcia did more for me than the wedding coordinator that our venue provided! They had written down the names of my relatives so they would say, "Grandpa Troy, come right over here and hold Colleen's hand." They were a hit with everyone and the pictures were wonderful! They gave us 2 high resolution DVDs that my mom bogarted for months to show all her friends. I could not have asked for anything more-- they exceeded all my expectations and my mom was raving about how professional and warm they were. Marcia and Michael are a perfect team and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/06/2008

carey · Married on 07/19/2008

Our photos came out so beautiful. We were very pleased as well as our family. We had engagement photos done as well which also came out wonderful. She has so much energy and fun personality, she made it great and not stressful. Even the dreaded family photos were fun. I am so glad I booked them way in advance! Our photos on the CD"s came out really fancy covers etc. Fast turn around when ordering the prints. She has an eye for great shots. Responded to phone calls and emails promptly. WE LOVE YOU MARCIA!!!! I didn't get to spend much time with Michael as he did my husband and best man shots but those came out great as well.

Sent on 11/01/2008

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2008

Marcia and Michael were so great! From the time that I was shopping around for a photographer, to the time we received our wedding album, I was so pleased. We have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful our photos and album turned out. The day of our wedding they were so attentive to everyone. We have a very large family and I was worried how they would keep everything on schedule, but Marcia and Michael did it very well. They kept everyone on task without being bossy or overbearing. This is not an easy feet with my family!! For our wedding album, I gave total autonomy to Marcia to create something beautiful because I have such a busy schedule and she delivered! Our album is so classy! They were worth every penny to have such wonderful memories. I will be going back to them for business in the future. You won't meet more down to earth and genuine people. Thanks again Marcia and Michael for creating such great memories with us. We will never forget you and will continue to give you our business.

Rachel and Rob Cookis

Sent on 01/23/2009

susanne · Married on 01/26/2008

What a find! I was recommended these photographers by the hotel where I had booked my reception and as most brides the photography was one of the most important choices and was going to be very careful on my choice. From our first meeting I felt totally at ease and was so taken at both the friendliness and professional way that Marcia and michael conducted business. There was no pushiness and they listened to me and did not at any point try and tell me what I had to do. They listened to my requests and guided me through what they offered. They showed me the past work that they did and gave me some great ideas that I could never have thought of. We had a few more meeting and they took me round the venue and down to the beach where we would have our photos taken which made me feel that was a huge weight of my shoulders when it came to things not to worry about for our big day.

Marcia came to the rehearsal which was a great help and again guided us through what we would be doing.

The Big day ! I am from Britain and got the devastating news that my Mother would not be there due to a sudden illness and I was all over the place when Marcia arrived and she totally calmed me down, we managed to speak to my mother on the phone and Marcia even spoke to her and assured her everything was okay. With Marcias upbeat personality the day began and she took photos of me getting ready and Michael took my husband and guests to get photographed. They were by our side for the whole day and orgainized everone perfectly, we did not have a thing to worry about, and their ideas were both different and amazing. After the wedding I had to fly back to Britain to be with my mother and Marcia and Michael came up trumps again, they rushed the beautiful photographs on to discs and even met me at the airport in SLO to make sure that I had the photos to show my mum. I got back home and went straight to mum who was in the hospital and we looked at the photos together over and over again!

My mother passed away a couple of weeks later but I hold deep in my heart the extra effort made by Marcia and Michael to make sure my mother saw the photographs.

I cannot recommend them highly enough, the professionalism and compassion of Marcia and Michael is beyond anything and the quality of photographs is just amazing and there is not any of the photographs that do not make us smile and remember our wedding day with pride.

you are both amazing.

Susanne and Paul Teso
    married 01/26/2008
    Shore Cliff Hotel
    Pismo Beach.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2007

I was refered to Michael and Marcia by a longtime friend, who said "no matter who we met with we HAD to meet with them because we would love them and their work"....and we did! We hired them for our Wedding and engagement photos and using them was the best decision we made for our wedding! Our photos were amazing, and tons to choose from including every shot we had asked for and more.They didnt miss a thing! They were so fun to work with, as well as profesional, hard working and caring. They really made the day special for me. They also designed my album which is breathtaking. Anywho who uses them will be beyond lucky! Thank you Michael and Marcia, you're the best!!!!!

Sent on 01/14/2010

Anita · Married on 05/19/2007

Although it's been a few years since my wedding I still recommend Marcia and Michael to everyone I know when they are planning a wedding! My photos captured the day perfectly and Marcia and Michael were a blast to work with! My cousin is getting married this weekend and having her photography done by Marcia and Michael and I can't wait to see them again.

They were very thorough in advance of my wedding to make sure they knew what specific photos I wanted. In terms of candids, they captured many things I didn't even know took place until I got my photos back! It was great having two professionals there to beautifully capture everything that took place.

Sent on 12/28/2009

Aimee · Married on 02/10/2007

Marcia and Michael are absolutely the BEST photographers we know!!! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, and they took the most amazing photos of our special day. It was a fun, and festive day for us, but as many brides know, things can get stessful. Marcia and Michael, made us and our guests feel comfortable. They are not "in your face" photographers...they capture the special moments of your wedding day through picture perfect photos. Having two photographers really makes a big difference also. Michael is great at the candid shots, and Marcia has an amazing talent in taking traditional photos. Since our wedding, almost 2 years ago, Marcia and Michael have become our close personal friends. They truely are great people, and GREAT photographers. They now also take our family pictures too. No matter what the occasion, Michael and Marcia are the right photographers for the job.

Sent on 11/13/2008