113 Reviews for Photographic Dreams

Custom Graphics (1)
Hand-Coloring (1)
Video (1)
Save the Date (1)

Michael Keyes is so pleasant to work with! He found creative and unique ways to capture stunning photos that look so good! We are very pleased with the quality, flexibility, and responsiveness of his services.

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael is the only part of the first wedding that I wanted to carry over into my second wedding. He is so creative! The caliber of his work is on par with photographers that charge at least double what he charges. I called him several times before the wedding and he was full of questions about the venue and the local flavor. He brought props for photos and had put some thought into how to get the shots he wanted. I'm glad we brought him in for the rehearsal too! He did such a great job last time. I can't wait to see the album included with the larger package I purchased this time!!

Profile Picture Rainbow, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As an LGBTQ couple, it can be difficult to find an accommodating vendor who will be open and professional; Micheal was both. He went out of his way to be available and considerate of our needs. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. The photos were excellent and we received the photos in a timely manner. We received so many photos, it is hard to pick a favorite.

Profile Picture Travis, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Wedding Portraits

I would highly recommend him. He had excellent ideas of how to group people and backgrounds for photos. Very personable and enjoyable to work with. Creative, artistic photos. We will cherish these photos for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Marlen, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael was an amazing photographer to work with. He was great about setting up our engagement pictures and spent most of the day with us, which was great and there were multiple different places we went to. He was gracious enough to help at our rehearsal and got wonderful shots that night. Our wedding was amazing and looking back at the pictures, I am so glad we were able to get him as our photographer! We couldn’t ask for better pictures, he has great ideas and will work around anything. We had plans to do a bridal shoot before my wedding with my dogs... all 4 of them, but I got sick. He has been gracious enough to work with me after the wedding so that I can have my pictures with our pups. Not every photographer will do that! I thank him so much and will definitely turn to him whenever we need photos taken.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael was our wedding photographer in March of this year. He was amazing and I am so grateful for the high quality of his photographs and for the professional and caring way that he interacted with me and our entire family. Michael is a one of a kind person who deeply cares about his work and about the people he works with. I can understand why he has so many five star reviews and complimentary comments. I am sad to see hateful, angry people on this site who post lies about Michael in order to cover their own lack of artistic knowledge and inability to communicate well in this country.

Michael provided a multitude of creative and original poses throughout our wedding and rehearsal dinner. Not only was he focused on the romantic moments in a wedding, he also captured the memorable moments among all of our guests and family. He is a wonderful communicator as evidenced by the abundance of reviews across websites and over years of being a wedding photographer. He is very organized and asked for our feedback repeatedly throughout the process from the moment we initially contacted him and hired him to be our photographer. He sent us packets in the mail and spoke with us by phone several times to make the plan on what we wanted during the ceremony. As the result of our response to his requests, we worked together toward a wonderful outcome.

Michael is simply put, a genius when it came to our formal photos of our family. He worked with us from the beginning on how we wanted them arranged and where the photos would take place. Michael was available every step of the way during the process. He contacted us several times before the wedding to get our input and requests. He came early to meet with us before the rehearsal and to take additional photos. His ability to communicate and translate our wishes into memories that will last us a lifetime was beyond our hopes and dreams. We are forever grateful for his work and his friendship.

Profile Picture Katrina, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Wedding Portraits

It was wonderful to have Michael as our photographer! We could not have found a better photographer for our special day! Michael has been professional, friendly, and a pleasure to work with!
Before the wedding, Michael took the time to kindly answer a lot of questions that I had, which was extremely helpful.
Our wedding was small, and we did not have a rehearsal, and we had some last minute adjustments in timing of the ceremony and reception, and Michael was flexible and attentive throughout the day! He was very easy-going and wanted to make sure that we had our important moments on camera. He suggested certain shots that we would not have thought of, which made the pictures even more special. I wish that we had had the time to capture all of the shots that Michael suggested. Michael went above and beyond our expectations.
We have received our online gallery and the pictures are colorful and beautiful! We are grateful to Michael for making our wedding pictures personal and meaningful. We found our time with Michael to be too short, so we will be meeting up with Michael for a future shoot for more portraits. We are very much looking forward to meeting with him a second time!

Profile Picture Sohini, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about how pleased we are with Michael Keyes, Photografic Dreams Photography! He was very professional, creative, accomadating, an excellent value, and reliable. He put us all at ease right from the start. You could tell his goal was for us to be pleased with the most important photos of a lifetime and he did everything possible to make sure that happened. He knows what he is doing. He was creative and also open for any ideas we had. Micheal Keyes is very humble and kind, the value you get for his services and talent are of the utmost highest standard. We couldn’t be more pleased. He was beyond our highest expectations!!

Profile Picture Alexandria , 12/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Video, Wedding Portraits

Our friends referred Michael Keyes for our engagement pictures and we are SO HAPPY they did. We knew from day one we were planning a destination wedding and assumed we'd hire the resort photographer for ease. Once we worked with Michael on our engagement photos and saw his great work, we were hooked and knew we had to take him with us to Jamaica.

Throughout the entire process and planning, Michael was very helpful, supportive and always went out of his way for us including helping us place the wedding day timeline and come up with a shot list. Once the days in Negril arrived, Michael integrated and connected with our guests right from the start. He was even able to keep the kiddos' attention during photos and helped calm all of our nerves.

We also did a day after shoot that was so much fun! We toured around Negril with another couple and were able to get awesome photos of some of our favorite places around the island.

We just received our photos back - great timeline for getting them back -
and we are in awe. Our wedding photos are absolutely stunning. He helped create magical moments that we will forever cherish. I would highly suggest Michael to any bride and groom that is getting married in the US or abroad. His work speaks for itself and he is beyond professional.

We hope to be able to work with Michael for future photoshoots!!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 10/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael was fantastic. He agreed to photograph our destination wedding, even though it wasn't going to be a large or long event. He drove 2+ hours each way, just to be there for us, and at a VERY reasonable rate. Not only was he professional and punctual, but he was so easy to work with. On top of the beautiful pictures, which he sent to us on a USB drive, he included a video of the wedding, which meant so much. Then, when I panicked at having lost the USB drive on a trip to see family, he sent me a new one and didn't even want to charge me. Michael was very kind and friendly, as well as willing to be a little outside the box with regards to our venue. Hire him. You will NOT be sorry!

Profile Picture Krystle, 10/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our experience with Mike Keys (Photographic Dreams) was just right for us. He is a communicator, creative, very nice and friendly and kind, fun and easy to work with, timely. He captured our private special wedding ceremony with a true photographic eye. We would highly recommend him!
Gary and Georgia Jestice

Profile Picture Georgia, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a wedding photographer then look no further than Michaell!
He was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Professional, efficient, friendly and, most importantly, took the most fabulous photographs of our wedding, in challenging weather conditions!
Michael worked with our budget, and even stayed a few extra hours to capture the pictures we wanted. I can't say enough about Michael! We would most definitely hire him for any other photographer needs that we may have in the future!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very responsive and quality is unparalleled. Highly enjoyed working with Michael.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Michael is very nice, professional and responsible. He went to the wedding location to guide the direction of arch and chairs a week ahead. And I was previously worried that we will look like dwarfs because he is very tall, but all the photos look great and everyone look as their actual heights, so you don't need to worry about this. We order a package of 4 hours just for noon time, but he came pretty early and offered to take us to a garden after lunch to take more photos. Overall it's a very nice experience. 这个摄影师也很愿意为中国新人服务,特意嘱咐我们写review的时候可以写点中文。他对中国文化有一点了解,拍的照片有些作揖的姿势。而且他还提供订婚照片服务,就是婚礼前可以拍些户外的婚纱照。不管是结婚礼包还是订婚礼包,价格都还是很实惠的。

Profile Picture Jianghui, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a pleasure to work with Michael. He's such a talented, genuine guy and I know we couldn't have asked for a better all around experience with any other photographer.
It rained on our actual wedding day, and Michael made the trip back to our venue the following day to make sure we got to take the photos we wanted. All at no extra cost. My husband and I are both less-than photogenic on a good day, and Michael was able to make the whole process feel fun and natural and get some amazing shots out of it. All this combined with the fact that he gives you digital copies of all the photos to share with as many friends and family as you wish makes him an unbeatable value for Blacksburg area weddings - or anywhere, for that matter.

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael is absolutely the BEST! Words can't fully express just how much we appreciate his work. From the first time we spoke with him, we had no doubt he was going to do a great job with our daughter's wedding. He was easy to work with and was eager to satisfy every request we had for photos--we got everything we asked for and much more! When the weather didn't cooperate for the sunset and overlook pictures we wanted on the day of the wedding, Michael cheerfully offered to drive back up the mountain the next day to get the pictures. He got the perfect shots and gained several very satisfied customers. We definitely got our money's worth. If we ever have the need for a photographer at another event, we will call Michael!!

Profile Picture Meredith , 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

My wife and I live in the United Kingdom---working with Michael made our wedding back near Charlottesville perfect. He was responsive, professional and everything we could have hoped for in a wedding photographer. He was quick in replying to our questions, extremely knowledgeable and thoughtful before and during the day and worth every penny. I'd gladly recommend Michael to anyone interested, whether they get married in Virginia or farther afield. It's unsurprising that Michael has so many wonderful reviews and we're glad to echo the wonderful words others have written. Best of luck to Michael (and all couples getting married soon)!

Profile Picture Kyle, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married in June at Claytor Lake State Park and had our reception at Rockwood Manor in Dublin, Va. Mike was referred to us from a friend who got married at Claytor Lake last year. We couldn't have chosen a better photographer for our wedding! He came in Saturday morning while the bridesmaids were getting ready to talk to me about how I wanted the day to go. I had mentioned to him if we had time in the evening to go back to the lake to take pictures in the water (yes, in my wedding dress!) Of course we knew we wouldn't, but he had a brilliant idea... a sunrise photo session the next morning in the water (and at Lane Stadium!) It turned out INCREDIBLE!! Mike has such an amazing eye for things! Not only did he capture some great pictures at the lake and the football field, but all of the pictures were great! Our family and friends can't stop talking about them and say they are the most beautiful pictures they've ever seen! We would HIGHLY recommend Mike to anyone! And if you have a crazy idea, like getting in the water in your wedding dress, he's all for it! He'll even get in the water with you to make sure he gets the most beautiful moments!! Thanks again Mike! You're awesome!!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I first met with Michael Keyes in 2006 when I hired him to shoot my first wedding. He was new to the area and I knew someone in common and that is how we came to meet. I loved his photos so much that when found myself remarrying, I remembered that the only time I have ever felt beautiful in photos was in my 2006 wedding photos, so I looked to Michael Keyes once again. I explored many options but found that anyone near his caliber and passion were priced much higher than Michael. You can find other photographers in Michael's generously priced range, and I am sure the photographers are lovely people, but their photos did not have the same professional look to them as Michael's. Once my new husband met with Michael and saw his work, he was also thrilled to work with him. This time, I also hired Michael to take engagement photos. Michael provided me with sample photos the day after both the engagement shoot and the wedding. My engagement photos arrived much quicker than expected and I am confident I will receive my wedding photos on time or early as well. The photos are high quality and he demonstrates a true knowledge of lighting, filters, lenses, backgrounds, etc. Michael has a passion for what he does and always comes prepared with many ideas. He goes above and beyond his job description and delivers more than promised. I fully plan on hiring him for future family and baby photos.

Profile Picture User6727897, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot

Michael was amazing. I can't imagine things being any more perfect than they turned out to be. He has such a creative eye and the pictures are breathtaking. He is so much fun and he has such a laid back personality. He made me feel so comfortable and I'm positive everyone else felt the same! He went out of his way for us. We paid for the 8 hour wedding day but he drove all the way to us on he day before our wedding just so he can take pictures of our rehearsal. So cool of him to do that. His prices are more than fair and we are really getting what we paid for, plus so much more! I feel so blessed to have had such an awesome photographer. He captured so many special moments! My father in law mentioned Michael the other day and he remembered him by name which says a lot because he is not good with names LOL. Everyone liked him! Thank you Michael!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

Michael has by far been one of the biggest blessings throughout our wedding planning process. Not only is he quick to respond to emails and very friendly, he is extremely talented and at such a reasonable cost. When looking for a wedding photographer I was looking for one that did not sacrifice quality for a lower cost, I also wanted one that would make us feel comfortable on our big day. After seeing some of Michael's work and then having over an hour conversation on the phone with him chatting about random things during our first convo, I knew he was our guy. We originally had planned on doing our engagement photoshoot in DC by the cherry blossoms, but sadly it rained and we had to reschedule. I was really bummed but Michael immediately offered other ideas for where we could have the shoot and sent me his next available dates. He then proceeded to tell us he would come to DC next year after the wedding to do a photoshoot of us in our tux and gown by the cherry blossoms free of charge! I was amazed and so excited, what photographer offers to drive 4 hours out of his way to do an extra shoot for his couples? After rescheduling our engagement shoot twice we finally met Michael at our venue which was around a 3.5 hour drive for him. He spent three hours with us there, made sure we got plenty of amazing shots (including the sunset), then drove all the way back home. He has such an artistic eye and is very creative, especially when the sun is setting. We got so many amazing shots that day - I received many compliments and people kept telling me "that photo looked like it was out of a fairytale!" The owner of our venue even commented on how amazing it was that he spent so much time with us. We have been so blessed to have found him, and we are so excited to have him shoot our wedding in two months! Trust me, if you are looking for a fun, creative, talented, reasonably priced photographer who loves his couples/work - you need to go with Michael.

Profile Picture Kelsi, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike captured some amazing engagement photos for my fiance and me. He took us to the Blue Ridge Parkway and was a true visionary for finding fantastic sites for taking the photos. As we were driving to Chateau Morrisette to take some pictures in the cellar with the barrels and glasses of wine, he had the idea to stop along the side of the road to take photos in the grass. With the sun at the right angle, the light caused the grass to shine red, creating a surreal and beautiful setting for the picture. After going to Chateau Morrisette, we went to Mabry Mill to take another set of fun, beautiful pictures with the mill in the background. Mike knew the area well and was also able to time the light so we could get some great sunset shots on our way back to town.

While we were taking the photos, Mike demonstrated a keen and deep knowledge of the types of photos we would want to take. He walked us through a range of different poses that made the experience feel natural and fun. Our pictures look candid and captured us at our best. Our love for each other was clear, and that is the most important quality that Mike was able to capture.

Mike's professional attitude showed throughout the process. He showed up 5 minutes before the scheduled time and was willing to take us in his truck to facilitate the process. He was very clear and communicated his ideas so that we could shape the experience as desired. He was also patient with us as we waited for the right moments for our pictures. He then edited the photos almost immediately, so we were able to have the finished product in only a few days. It was a true pleasure to work with Mike for this engagement photo shoot, and I would highly recommend him to any couple.

Profile Picture Josh, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

I just finished reviewing the pictures from my October 1st Virginia mountain wedding and they are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Michael of Photographic Dreams did a fantastic job customizing his shots to focus on candids (my favorite!), and there are so many great moments and memories that he caught on film. The quality of the shots are top notch and the sharpness of the colors are outstanding, everything pops and looks so vibrant and gorgeous! Micheal is a very personable, talented photographer who was a breeze to work with and who truly wants to cater to your needs, making it a celebration to remember. I would definitely hire Photographic Dreams to cover any future event in the SW Virginia area :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Michael is friendly and fun! He takes amazing pictures and has a very creative eye. He pays attention to details and really cares about his clients!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Save the Date