43 Reviews for Photo by Basia

Second Shooter (1)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Albums (1)
42 Photo by Basia Reviews

From the day I first spoke to Basia about my vision, she was on the same page as me and just as excited as I was. She kept in touch at exactly when she said she would and managed to get every shot I asked for and more! One of the main compliments I keep receiving over and over is that our wedding photos look like they belong in a magazine. The day flies by and I’m so thankful I had Basia to capture it. The photos tell the story of our day. We didn’t even notice her taking the photos at the time, which is awesome!

Profile Picture Brianne, 3/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia is an amazing photographer, she will take truly unique and beautiful photos for you. Our friends and family can't stop gushing about our photos and we can't either! If you're nervous in front of the camera, she knows just what to do and will make you feel at ease; she is so comfortable behind the camera. In the days leading up to our wedding, she was easy to get ahold of and fun to talk with. On the day of our wedding, she came early to scope out the best photo spots at our venue and to take photos of us before our wedding. She's a really lovely person and her genuine happiness for your event enhances a memorable day even further and this joy really comes out in her photos. My husband and I highly recommend Basia, and we hope to use her again for other milestones!

Profile Picture Jane, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Basia is the most amazing photographer you could ever hire! It is my pleasure to recommend her with the highest regard. When you meet her, you will feel like you've known her forever. Her warmth and kindness are matched by her incredible skill in photography, and gift for creating memories that will last forever. Having her there on our wedding day was one of the best experiences, and made our day truly magical. Our photos looked like something off the cover of a magazine and our wedding guests all commented on how amazing she is. Her work is absolutely worth the investment and you will feel completely comfortable in her hands. Make an appointment with Basia today - it will be the best decision you ever made!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Every single picture is perfection!!!! Basia is just incredible - the way she captures ambiance and emotion so vividly in pictures is amazing. All of the images were romantic, sweet, and artistic. She knows how to put you at ease so the pictures feel natural and she finds the special moments between couples and their friends and families. In addition, she is sweet, kind and gentle. No-one even noticed she was taking pictures, but sure enough... she got every single moment I was hoping would be captured. I can't rave enough about her.... she is one of kind. We got married in Montauk and she even got pictures of what was happening around us... i.e. boats pulling up and showing off their catches of the day. My husband loves to fish and these were so cool for him to see! The actual picture taking wasn't distracting from the party either, she took us away from the group for 5-10 mins after the ceremony and that was it. I was so unbelievably blown away by how much love she captured in each individual picture - they all make me cry. Thank you, Basia - you are a dream!! I now understand why the right photographer makes all the difference. I will cherish these images for the rest of my life.

Profile Picture Sharon, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

Basia was a pleasure from start to finish in our engagement and wedding photos! She went above and beyond for us. She really loves her job and it shows through in her demeanor and her pictures. She made us feel at ease throughout the process and in front of the camera - I hate getting my picture taken and don't like forced cliche portrait photos. The pictures she took were natural and captured us in candid moments and we loved how they came out. The wedding album we received is beautiful. She was super quick to turnaround everything and also so detailed and creative. Don't hesitate to hire her, you will be so happy you did!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia was recommended to me by a mutual friend who is also a photographer. After viewing her work on her website, my husband and I were so impressed by her talent that I immediately sent a request for her to contact us. Basia responded promptly with the great news that she was available for our wedding date. We had a great conversation over the phone where Basia got to know us a little more as a couple and we discussed details and pricing. She was always such a pleasure to speak with and responded to all of our emails in a timely manner. We eventually met with Basia in person and both of us immediately felt comfortable and at ease as she walked us through the photo schedule of our wedding day. On the day of our wedding, she did not miss a beat and captured the most beautiful moments from the preparation, the first look, the ceremony, and the reception. When we shared the photos with our friends, they all commented on the beauty of the photos and how they could see and feel the excitement, happiness, and love that we experienced throughout the day and night of our wedding. I cannot express enough how happy we were to have had the experience of working with such a talented, passionate, and kind-hearted woman. I highly recommend Basia Ambroziak to photograph any occasion.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

We were so lucky to have Basia as our photographer on our wedding day! She is a super sweet person ; she made us feel so comfortable and at ease. The photos turned out to be amazing and were delivered even earlier than the deadline.

Profile Picture Zeynep, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The only advice I could give is go with Basia if you are looking for a friendly, professional photographer who takes beautiful pictures! Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I originally met Basia when she photographed the wedding of one of my closest friends. I fell in love with the pictures and said to myself that if I ever had a reason to hire a professional photographer, it would be her. She truly has an instinct for capturing that 'just-right' moment between two people.

Fast-forward six years later, and I am planning a wedding of my own. Once we had a location and date set, Basia was the first vendor we contacted. She was super accommodating - even when our date and location changed once, due to a change in venue. Granted, the change happened before we finalized the contract, but still, she took the change in stride and confirmed our new plans.

Basia is not inexpensive, but she's not wildly more expensive than photographers we heard about from other 'marrying friends'. She covers locations throughout NYC and beyond. Basically, if you want her at your wedding on a hill in the middle of nowhere, there's a way to make it happen and she will be there.

She and her assistant Kevin truly captured the spirit of our wedding. Most important of all, everyone - including us - looks AMAZING in the photos. I mean, breathtaking amazing. I am not a naturally photogenic person, and honestly, I was nervous to open the link (received within TWO WEEKS after our wedding!) to see the photos when they were sent to us. My fears quickly vanished when I saw the images. We will cherish these for years and years. I was hopeful we'd have one or two shots to savor, but we have dozen upon dozen that turned out well. Basia has an incredible eye and she will give you and your guests meaningful, but not intrusive, direction while she's photographing. You'll hardly remember she's there, but you'll be WOWED when you see the results.

Profile Picture Tracy, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Basia was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I are a bit camera shy, but she made us feel comfortable, and everything was so easy! She got some amazing shots of our pre-Hurricane Joaquin clouds, and we couldn't be happier with the result!

Profile Picture Kendra, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! Basia was very professional and enthusiastic about being part of our special day. She was very friendly so all our guests liked her immediately and felt very comfortable around her. Overall only pluses! I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Ania, 9/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia was a pleasure to work with! She was recommended by a friend, and I immediately knew why when I saw his wedding pictures. I was drawn to her photos because they have a natural and soft look; no one looks forced or posed in dramatic ways, which is what I was looking for. We absolutely love our wedding pictures!! We got married on a beach right before it started raining, so the wind was getting strong as we took our photos after the ceremony. I was a little worried that my hair was going to look crazy, but Basia seemed to be thrilled with what she was capturing. When we saw the photos we understood… always trust your photographer! :) And the candid shots of our guests captured their personalities perfectly. We couldn't be happier and can't wait to show off our pictures!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Basia is a very talented photographer. We couldn't be happier with all the wedding photos she took. Always professional, she kept things moving without being obtrusive. She put my husband and I at ease while directing us for the couple photos. She covered every subject we requested and more and had our photos ready sooner than promised.

She was flexible with her pricing and packages and was very easy to work with. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Basia was such a pleasure to work with. She has the best energy and makes sure her clients are comfortable and relaxed. This enables her to capture authentic moments that you will cherish forever. We loved working with Basia!

Profile Picture User4018363, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Basia was by far our favorite vendor for our wedding. She was extremely responsive and attentive to our needs throughout the entire process. She had a very unique way of making you feel immediately at ease and comfortable with her the second you meet her. She made me feel beautiful and special at every moment. She listened and delivered on everything we asked for. She was professional, courteous and probably one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. The pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous and I could have not asked for better memories. She truly has an eye for beauty and her photos are so artistic. I love Basia and would recommend her to anyone. Her prices are insanely reasonable and I still cannot believe what a great deal this was for such a beautiful product. Thank you Basia! xoxo

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot speak highly enough about Basia and her work.
Even from her first email, I could tell Basia and her approach were completely different. Most photographers emailed us back asking basic questions about our event, Basia wanted to know all about our history as a couple, how we got met and got engaged, everything. When we sat down with her I knew she would be doing our wedding.
Basia worked out a custom package for us for the amount of hours we needed, and I loved working with her all day. She made everyone feel comfortable, especially my now husband who hates getting his picture taken. The candid shots she got were incredible, probably because she made us feel so at ease.
We received all of our pictures within two weeks of our wedding (!!) And got the teaser pictures within about a week. I am so pleased with Basia and her work, I know she will be our go-to for any future photography needs!

Profile Picture Amber, 1/16/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words cannot express how honored we were to have Basia at our wedding to capture our special day. Basia was an absolute pleasure to work with and we couldn’t have been happier with her beautiful work. From the very beginning Basia made us feel very special and at ease. It felt as if we had known each other for years. None of our photographs looked staged, fake or cliche. Every image she captured was a private and intimate moment full of romance and emotions, all while maintaining a complete undercover appeal.

Basia was extremely flexible with our needs and remained calm and patient with all of our requests. She was very prompt in replying to our emails.

We got our photos back very quickly and were able to share them with our family and friends.

Aside from her beautiful personality, Basia is a skillful and talented photographer and we would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User4629271, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When I first met Basia, it was like I was meeting a friend for the first time. It helps probably that we have similar outgoing and upbeat personalities. She was extremely prompt and efficient in getting back to me- never went more than a day without an email back from her. She took direction and shot lists well even though I suspect her style is more abstract but I'm a bit type A. We had our engagement photos and my husband was upset because he didn't see as much color in the photos as he wanted to in the background- I thought they were fine but he's weird i guess. Anyways, I emailed her regarding this and she quickly remedied the situation for our wedding and had beautiful colors. She was willing to try anything- from bikes at our engagement shoot that we found on the side of the beach to going all the way down to the end of TPCC to see the great south bay better. She truly produced beautiful photos and I got the most compliments on my photographs out of anything else. She also had great assistants both times I worked with her- Ken and her sister- they both were professional and helpful especially with my shot list making sure people were where they should be. Basia also took notes on my pintrest pages as far as photos I wanted taken for the wedding or engagement shoots and actually did them all. It was awesome. Basia herself is one of the sweetest people i've ever met and she made it so easy to get along- her energy was contagious. You're with your photographer the most out of anyone all day and you want to be with someone you can stand haha and like i said, i felt like i was hanging out with my friend all day with her. I have recommended her to so many people and she deserves it. Can't wait to see the albums she makes us. oh and the other thing that is nice is you have access to all your pictures via a private gallery so you can download them to your PC and put them on social media, make thank yous and print out pictures for friends

Profile Picture User4793065, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia was my photographer for my wedding on 10-18-14 and she did an excellent job. She was so easy to get in touch with prior to the wedding ... She responded quickly to emails or phone calls if I had questions and she was willing to work with my budget . At the event she was incredibly enthusiastic , she clearly loves what she does and it shows in her work. When we got the pictures back we were so happy . I recommend Basia 100%

Profile Picture User4540892, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Basia was amazing! She added joy to our special day. Made us both smile and feel so comfortable! With limited time for photos she was able to capture so many amazing moments, I literally relive my day through her photos. Would highly recommend Basia for her talent and her wonderful personality!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia was the perfect photographer for our wedding. We are sooooo happy with the photos. Every single one of them is amazing, creative, and perfectly framed & exposed. She was attentive and responsive leading up to the wedding-- and day of, she was prompt and professional. Once things got started, we barely even knew she was there, but when we got our photos back, we were so blown away by how many beautiful and perfect shots she got! We are so happy with chose Basia to photograph the day. We will treasure these photos for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Basia was the best! She was super professional, got all the shots we wanted plus some, got us almost 1000 pictures back by the time we were home from the honeymoon. All of our interactions with her were so pleasant, both before and after the wedding. She is sooooo nice and I think a big part of wedding planning is aligning yourself with people whose energy you like so that you can count on them not adding stress to you on the big day. Basia definitely added to things going smoothly and her lovely personality made interactions with her the day of the wedding stress-free. She had so many great ideas for shots and got all the details reminding me of things I had forgotten about. While looking over the pictures it was like reliving the day. There was a good balance of candids and portraits but even the portraits were unique. I love the style of the shots Basia takes, they are simple highlighting emotion and they are shot with more of a white balance creating a romantic mood where colors pop. Basia has a great eye and everyone keeps telling me my wedding pictures look like they belong on a pinterest board to inspire other brides, or up on a wedding blog. I whole heartedly recommend Basia for both engagement and wedding pictures and know I'll be calling her for baby shots in a few years!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Simply amazing - captured every moment perfectly!! I can't stop staring at my pictures - highly recommend :)

Profile Picture Elisha, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Her work was wonderful and we enjoyed photo shooting with her.

Profile Picture User4234669, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Basia photographed my 12/14/13 wedding at The Three Village Inn. She truly is an amazing photographer. My husband and I got married in a blizzard. We had scoped out a park nearby the venue to take pictures, but when the snow started coming down we had no choice but to take pictures outside the venue. I was so nervous that my pictures would not look as beautiful because of the snow and I was determined to take pictures outside. Basia never once complained that I was making her freeze and take pictures outside in the snow, in fact she was excited to do it. This led us to having the most amazing pictures I have ever seen. The pictures came out magical. I don't know how she does it, but I looked flawless in every picture and she caught all the special moments that I hoped she would. Her pictures told a story of the most wonderful day of my life, and for that I am so grateful. I highly recommend her for any wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/14/13, 3 Reviews