Photo Booth Express Reviews

72 | Schaumburg, IL

72 Reviews for Photo Booth Express

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2008

Mike, who also DJ'd at our wedding, was all over every detail. He put me completely at ease and I never felt as though anything would be missed. He was collaborative and had lots of ideas to make the photo booth an even better experience for us and our guests. To this day, a year later, we still get comments about what a fantastic element the booth was and how polite and helpful the staff was. I can't say enough good things about both MDM Entertainment and Photo Booth Express!

Sent on 05/28/2009

jenny · Married on 09/02/2011

Staff was fun and friendly and were so kind. There was a minor issue and the vendor did not come to myself or my husband about it, so as to not stress us out, she went to our closest contact. (We found out later after our honeymoon.) Our photobooth was a HIT! We would definitely recommend this company to all of our friends!

Sent on 09/12/2011

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2010

Everyone LOVED the photobooth and had a blast looking at them! The scrapbook was an awesome idea because we got to laugh at everyone's pictures the next day and will have those with us as a memory of the night!

Sent on 01/02/2011

Kika · Married on 11/27/2010

I asked Photo Booth Express to change several things and they were AWESOME abou it! For example, my Mom didn't like the idea of a photo strip, so they did just one full 4x6 picture instead of a shot of 4. All of my guests just ADORED it. Their service was wonderful, they were polite, friendly, and professional!

Sent on 12/14/2010
  • Z

Zack · Married on 08/15/2009

Best money we could have spent, there was a line out of it all night and the guests loved it. Amar was professional and courteous, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/19/2009

Susan · Married on 06/05/2009

Okay...this is a MUST for any large event. At the last minute I finally talked my husband into having the Photo Booth for our daughter's wedding. He kept saying that we hired a photographer to take pictures so why have the photo booth too; plus he worried it would be tacky and carnival like for our very nice reception. But it wasn't tacky or carnival-like at all! It was just so much fun and we had so many people tell us how much they loved it. Looking at the pictures after everything was over was just great. It makes me sick to think how close we came to not having this at her reception...it was perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2009

Daniel · Married on 11/08/2014

We had Photo Booth Express at our wedding and the service was great. The main thing I remember from the planning process was how professional they seemed compared to the other photo booth people out there.

I'm a bit of a planner and I made a spreadsheet cross-referencing the top 10 Yelp-reviewed photobooths with available Groupons. I ended up with about 15 photobooths and called or emailed them all. A lot of them only had phone numbers, which was seriously inconvenient for me since I'm often not available for phone calls during the work day. In addition, a lot of them seemed like I was getting passed off to personal cellphones. At the end of the day, I probably got a lower than 50% response rate and one of the only ones that answered the phone was Todd at Photo Booth Express.

From the beginning Todd was very professional and after the first call I was able to do everything by email. They are probably 1.5X the cost of your average Groupon, but they included everything we needed. They don't charge you extra for props and extra hours and idle hours are both very reasonable. They also had backup/insurance in case of a problem on the day-of. We got a contract emailed to us pretty quickly, which we were able to easily update later when we discovered we needed an idle hour for during dinner. They also have a website where you can pay online and download your pictures at the end.

The day-of, they were great. They were on time and worked with our day-of wedding coordinator to set up. Gabriela did a great job and we were very happy with the pictures. We also paid extra for a book to be made with all of the pictures, which turned out great. The pictures were a little more haphazard that we'd like, but that's really just my opinion.

Overall, we had a great experience with Photo Booth Express and would recommen

Sent on 12/12/2014

Christy · Married on 04/07/2012

I've never used another photo booth company so I have nothing really to compare to, but in my opinion, Photo Booth Express did a nice job with our wedding! The planning is very easy, and they are in contact with you (through email for us, we planned from about 700 miles away) when they should be. Everything was set up well in advance, and if you have any questions just give a call or email and someone answers promptly. They are also very flexible - we were allowed to bring in our own props (which sadly we forgot) although they had quite a few unique ones there. Also, the photo album they give you is nothing special, just a plain black cover with white pages (I think they let you pick black or white). I'd read somewhere else that you can bring your own, but I thought this one was good enough - just nothing fancy. We had guests asking what the big black box in the corner was, maybe if they provided a large sign outside of the booth so people know what it is - we ended up just having our DJ make an announcement about it. As far as the actual night, there were two attendants - I think one was a trainee. They were both nice, however I am not sure how much they interacted with and helped our guests, and how much they just sat there and talked to one another. But I guess it's not really about that - it's about the actual photo booth pictures, which are HILARIOUS and fantastic, and definitely worth every penny! Everyone who was in there enjoyed it, and we enjoy the pictures again and again.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2011

Biggest hit of the wedding! Everything was very professional and people loved the props! People came up to me all night long to tell me how fun it was and we loved looking at our photobook after the event. Cannot say enough about Photo Booth Express!

Sent on 09/05/2011

Stefanie · Married on 07/09/2011

Our guests LOVED the photo booth!

No complaints about thsi company.

The photobook/guestbook wasn't as nice as we thought it would be. The pages are pretty big, like 12*12 maybe and most pages only have 1 or 2 strips of photos so it looks kinda bare. But that's not a big deal, just maybe consider providing your own book if you go with the guest book option.

Sent on 07/26/2011

justin · Married on 10/09/2010

the product was great, and faith was very helpful in the planning. it was one of the highlights of my wedding, and we used it as the guest book, so we have copies of everyones pictures

Sent on 10/12/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/25/2010

I definitely recommend a photo booth from this company. It was a huge hit at our wedding. We got the double prints and used the second one for people to put in a book and sign as a guest book.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Susie · Married on 08/14/2010

This was a huge hit at the reception. Everyone loved it! The cost was worth it. We compared prices of other area vendors and this was probably the best cost for the service provided. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/20/2010

Meghann · Married on 06/28/2008

They were outstanding!!! One of the BEST investments we made for our big day!!!

Sent on 05/31/2009

Katie · Married on 07/01/2011

3.5

Photo booth Express was great! They were extremely attentive to me throughout the wedding process and made sure I was happy with their service. The photo booth was SUCH a cool add on to our wedding. Everyone loved it- the line to get in there never ended & everyone wanted to keep taking pics. We brought our own props, which all turned out to be a hit. The attendant, Shawn, was great! He was very nice to everyone & always had a smile on his face. He even finished up the scrapbook for us and made every page look wonderful! I would highly recommend Photo booth Express to anyone getting married- worth every penny. We did the photo booth in lieu of favors and it was the best decision ever. The only reason I gave the quality a 3.5/5 is because there were a few times at the end of the night when the flash wasn't working properly and Shawn had to keep fixing it. This was not a big issue, though.

Sent on 07/06/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/25/2010

The Photo Booth was a huge success at our wedding. Our guests really enjoyed it and people were taking pictures all night. The scrapbook is a great memory to have.
    Our Photo Booth attendant was really nice and helpful too.

Sent on 10/08/2010

Rosie · Married on 02/19/2010

They are toatlly affordable and doable, even if you are not the most creative person. awesome inspiration,He had really innovative ways to keep the guests involved in the festivities ,I can't write enough good things about his work, but I can say that if you want your guests to talk about your wedding for years to come then it needs to be invited .

Sent on 04/25/2010
  • ejon9

Edwina · Married on 12/31/2009

3.5

Photobooth Express did a wonderful job at our wedding NYE! Ammar was our booth attendant and was very helpful. He arrived early and when our wedding party arrived to the venue, the photobooth was already set up and ready to go!

Also, Faith who I had worked with on the contract and details was great working in our wedding logo into the photostrip footer. It was a very nice detail!

The photobooth was a hit at the wedding - I loved how we are able to view all of them online and also the timestamp so as the night progressed, the pictures got more amusing!

I liked how this was a non pressure solution to get pictures of your guests versus having our wedding photographer go up to people and have them say cheese!

Also a nice favor to provide our guests...something to keep versus the normal edibles or dust gathering tchotchkes. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/07/2010

Elen · Married on 01/03/2009

Photo Booth Express was quick to respond to my inquiry re. rental rates, availability, etc. They were easy to work with, provided the service as advertised and were a great addition to my daughter's wedding reception! Photos were easy to order after the event and arrived very quickly. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Patti · Married on 09/10/2011

3.8
      0.0

Great addition to our reception. Everyone had a great time in the photo booth. And using the strips as the guest book is a great memory for the bride and groom. Would highly recommend this to any future bride and groom. Only down side here was a bit of miscommunication with the fees.

Sent on 09/12/2011

Kim · Married on 05/24/2009

3.4
      2.5

all of our guest LOVED the BOOTH!-- It was so much fun.. we did the booth in lieu of favors...
    My only complaint was that , I did not think the booth was very user friendly... a lot of my guest did not know where to look.. maybe there could be a SMILE here-- or an arrow with a LOOK here.. the 1st shot always makes people surprised and by the 3rd of 4th picture people finally got where to look... . the people that "worked" the photo booth were very friendly... I provided my own scrapbook and materials to use and I was supposed ot get a credit or have them leave their supplies for me to take home... I never got their scrapbook or the credit? How do I get the credit?

The only other complaint... There were a about 300 guests at our wedding and there were some guests that never got to make it into the booth becuase the line was too long.. maybe there is a way they can have guest go once and then come back with a ticket or something after everyone had a chance to visit.... ? I feel bad for my guests that said they never made it in the booth and then there are some photos in the album with the same people 5 or 6 times... Is there a better way to monitor this? Maybe we could have given everyone a photobooth ticket at dinner and then after 11 or so people could go back for 2nds??? im not sure??? We had a large wedding and the staff did a good job of putting my scrapbook together and keep it organized and It is a great memory book for all the photos!!! thanks! Kim and Jason

Sent on 07/24/2009

3.0

Everything was great, but they forgot to put the props we paid for in the photo booth. We didnt notice until the next day because we were a little pre-occupied... Overall we were satisfied with everything else but it was pretty dissapointing that the props were missing, we ended up with some pretty lame pictures.... No refund, just an apology.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Photo Booth Express's reply:

Dear Anonymous,

We are very sorry your props did not get included. I am not sure who you spoke to before but please call our office and speak to our customer service representative Todd. Let him know your name and wedding date and the issue. If props were a part of your package and did not get included we will take care of it.

I know you were probably very busy and did not notice but we do have an on duty tech for situations like this, if you would have let us know that night we would have had them delivered immediately.

Please give us a call and we can look into the issue.

Photo Booth Express