Philly Event Group Reviews

234 | Huntingdon Valley, PA

234 Reviews for Philly Event Group

234 Philly Event Group Reviews

Huey · Getting married on 05/18/2019

We got married Oct 7, 2018 at Spring Mill Manor. As we all know, weddings can be expensive. Even the smallest and most essential parts of the wedding can blow your budget. I needed lighting and dance floor lighting for the wedding. I had looked in to many vendors and companies to find the right one. After going through so many, I found the Philly Event Group. I contacted them and immediately received a response from Bob Mills, who was on vacation but found time to answer me. Soon after, we had a brief consultation and went through what I wanted to get for the wedding. I ended up getting "up-lighting, which filled a room for 220 guest, pin spotting for the cake, a GOBO, dance floor lighting with moving heads, and he even threw in 6 pin spot lights the day of the wedding". Now, I did plenty of research and every place that I requested a quote from, would have quoted me about $2,500 plus. Yes, I thought it was pretty insane. However, after going through the consultation with Bob from Philly Event Group, which was an absolutely smooth process. He gave me the magic number and I almost fell out my chair when he quoted me their pricing. I don't want to mention how much it was on here, but let me tell you this, it was no where near the $2,500 that I was getting elsewhere. You would also think, no way, something that cheap must not look good. You can bet, that definitely crossed my mind. Boy, was I wrong! The Philly Event Group blew my mind with their lighting! The day of the wedding, they came in, started doing their thing and put life into the venue. It was so easy working with them, the process was very smooth. I paid a deposit, then paid the rest of the balance 10 days before the wedding. From a communication stand point, there were no hiccups and my questions were answered timely. I would highly highly recommend the Philly Event Group for your lighting needs. They are affordable, professional, and great at what they do!

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

We used DJ Bob Mills through Philly Event Group for our wedding this past weekend, and I was blown away with how amazing it was. Bob listened to everything I asked for, and everything went perfectly. Our friends haven't stopped talking about our amazing playlist, and it was a non-stop dance party, which was exactly what we wanted. Thank you all so much!

Judith · Married on 09/22/2018

We just had a fantastic wedding with DJ Bob Mills at the helm and will recommend DJ Bob to friends and family planning their own weddings for years to come! My husband and I first encountered Bob at my cousin's wedding. We thought he did a great job and asked for his card. My cousin confirmed that he was wonderful to work with during the sales and planning process, which was our experience as soon as we reached out. He was prompt, direct and gave us plenty of time to ask questions (and questions and more questions) before we finally signed the contract. His rates were competitive with DJs who offered fewer services and had less glowing reviews. He also threw in a ton of LED up lights, which really transformed our rustic barn wedding venue (several guests commented how cool they were). During the pre-wedding call, he took the time to understand our play and don't-play lists and our policy on guest requests. He gave great suggestions and respected our choices. He also got in contact with our photographer to help coordinate things on the back-end, which was one less thing off our plate!

The actual wedding went off without a hitch, much to DJ Bob's credit. He played most of the songs we wanted to hear, none of the ones we didn't, and he selected great wedding standards and crowd-pleasers. He and his assistant Chris did a great job leading guests through the Cupid Shuffle, etc, and figured things out on their own during set-up if someone was not readily around to help. Guests loved him. At one point, he approached me to make a decision about the exit, and I was a little overwhelmed with all the activities, so he gave me a simple, direct answer. It was super helpful. Bob knows how to read a room and help the bride, groom and their guests have a great day. He is 2 for 2 for our family events! Highly recommend!

Kim · Married on 09/08/2018

Had a wonderful experience working with DJ Bob Mills at Philly Event Group. Bob was so friendly to work with and always very accommodating. My husband and I were having our wedding in PA but live in CO, and despite the different time zones, Bob always found time to talk with us on our schedule and we really appreciated that. Bob was always open and receptive throughout the wedding planning process and provided us with feedback and professional advice to ensure a seamless and memorarble wedding ceremony/reception.

Alice · Married on 09/08/2018

The band we selected was Spectrum with band leader Ben Kaufman and they were phenomenal. The music was tailored to exactly what we wanted. People were dancing from beginning to end.
    Additionally, the coordination of the entire band services by Bob Mills and Ben Kaufman including working with our wedding planner, ensure enough power for all the musical needs, working with bride and groom to select ceremony music was superb. The team was highly responsive to all questions and requested. They were the best and made our wedding spectacular.

Celeste · Married on 09/07/2018

After I sent my initial email to Philly Event Group I received an email right away. From there I chose DJ Bob and I could not be happier that I did! He was so quick to respond and was happy to go over every detail with me (and I was a little crazy about the music and lighting). A few days before the wedding he called me to go over the schedule for the day and had a great suggestion for the night which ended up being perfect. The dance floor was packed the whole night, he played everything that we had asked for and the songs that we hadn't specifically chosen were great. DJ Bob did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and the announcements he made were perfect. He was so nice the night of our wedding and handled a ton of requests from our guests while still respecting what we had asked for. So so happy!!

Lani · Married on 08/10/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Philly Event Group, in particular Bob Mills, who is by far the most committed entertainment professional I've ever known. As a wedding and event professional, I have had the pleasure of getting to know Bob over the years by observing him at work with our clients. When my big day rolled around, there was only one DJ that I wanted to work with and that was Bob. I trusted Bob to care as much about making our special day perfect as Ryan & I did. In fact, since Bob is in such high demand, Ryan & I changed our wedding date to ensure his availability. We couldn't be more glad that we did.

Bob is so patient. We have 3 young, extremely energetic, children. Trying to coordinate times to speak about music selections becomes difficult, but Bob graciously worked with us and our later evening availability when the kids were in bed (or supposed to be anyway.) Because I can never make things easy, I decided that my bridesmaids and I would be walking down the aisle to the same song, with my dad and I entering at the crescendo leading into the third verse. This required rehearsal and Bob worked with me and my bridal party to ensure we were timed out perfectly.

Philly Event Group can also assist with providing lighting and other enhancements. We choose a location that does not have built in uplighting and took advantage of their services. It was definitely the right decision. The room was beautiful, but the lighting really made it all come together.

Jaime · Married on 08/03/2018

Bob Mills was fantastic! He was very professional and made our wedding day wonderful!

Valerie · Married on 07/21/2018

Highly recommend. My fiance and I had initially booked one performer (Ara) through philly event group and had a bit of a scare when she had to cancel on us just a few months out. However, Bob, our coordinator really stepped up to make the situation right. He found an amazing replacement option, The Dynasty Djs, that was even better than the original. I think how someone handles challenges tells you a lot about them, and they definitely put their clients first

Kirsten · Married on 07/14/2018

We worked with DJ Bob Mills from Philly Event group. Bob did a great job with coming up with a line up of songs that fit our tastes and keep the dance floor crowded! We had some requests for songs that needed to be shortened or combined (first dance song and mother-son song) which Bob was able to do without any problem! Working with Bob leading up to the wedding went smoothly, we met in person once and then communicated via email and over the phone.

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/24/2018

The uplighting was absolutely stunning for our wedding. Philly Event group exceeded our expectations, and the way that they set up the lights to reflect on our flower wall behind our sweetheart table was breath-taking. The colors of the lights really set the tone and ambiance for the wedding reception. If ever we have an event again, we would hire Philly Event Group in a heartbeat.

Dena · Married on 05/26/2018

DJ Bob, Stan and Cody were absolutely amazing! From first contact - to the actual ceremony- to the very last song - they did a perfect job. When we first met DJ Bob, he instantly understood our "vision" of the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour. He is an amazing DJ! Everyone raved about the live music during the cocktail hour/ceremony with Stan & Cody. We were absolutely speechless - and so was everything else. Rain plagued our ceremony, but it didn't phase Bob, Stan & Cody - thanks to them, everything went off without a hitch. We couldn't of been happier with Philly Event Group!

Sharon · Married on 04/28/2018

DJ Bob is the absolute greatest. He provided the ceremony music. I had a few weird requests but he provided exactly what I wanted. He provided a live band for the cocktail hour. Gruppo Nostra was outstanding. Our guests loved them. He also provided not just music, but also entertainment and lighting and emcee services for the reception. We literally could not have had our wedding without him. He is also a genuinely nice guy and was so helpful during the planning process. Go with Philly Event Group for your wedding and if you can get DJ Bob your wedding will be epic!

Carla · Married on 04/14/2018

DJ Bob was wonderful! Everything from scheduling and payment to the day of our event was smooth and easy!

Alexandra · Married on 03/31/2018

We absolutely love PEG! We booked photographer, photo booth, and DJ through them. DJ Bob Mills was our coordinator, and lucky for us, was also available to DJ and MC our big day! He was available to answer all our questions during the planning process and really took the time in the weeks before our wedding to really get to know us and our musical taste. He did the music and MC duties for the ceremony, cocktail, and reception and was on point for all three. He also provided uplifting, at no extra cost, that really enhanced the decor. Our guests had an amazing time, largely thanks to him :) everyone loved the photo booth, too. The attendant was super fun and we paid a little extra for him to provide a scrap book and everything needed for guests to leave us some memories of the night. Our photographer, Richard Barnes, was amazing! He was so patient with me (as I was stressing out pre-wedding about pictures with our two young toddlers) and got some really great shots. Any time he saw people getting together for a group photo during reception, he was there to snap a professional shot. We were so happy with the quality we got for the price and would absolutely recommend!

Joanna · Married on 03/16/2018

Wedding 3/17/2018: My husband and I worked with Bob Mills, John Hall, and the Black Tie Band and could not have been more pleased with how our event turned out. Bob and John were extremely helpful and professional during the planning phase, willing to customize their services based on our preferences, and really making us feel that they were invested in the success of our event. Bob DJed the ceremony and the cocktail hour and John Hall and the Black Tie Band did the reception. All three parts of the wedding were excellent. Bob even voluntarily helped manage some special circumstances we had around our ceremony WHILE DJing. The service was really above and beyond. On top of that, the Black Tie Band performed all night and kept the dance floor packed. We have received tons of compliments on their performance.

Mike · Married on 02/24/2018

DJ BOB was amazing he was well worth the money. He made the reception go absolutely perfect. Richard Barnes our photographer was absolutely invisible. We had no idea he took so many beautiful pictures. We could not have gotten any luckier than we did with these two.

stephanie · Married on 02/18/2018

We just celebrated our wedding with Dj Jake. He was amazing!! Very flexible and willing to work with us regarding timeline and music. He was a blast, and my guests spent all their time on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend him for anyone!! From the introduction to the actual day he couldn't have been more helpful!

Katie · Married on 01/13/2018

MC Lance is awesome. He is a great time while simultaneously being on top of the party and the schedule. Everything got done without anyone ever stressing. He played every song we requested, kept the up energy of the event and the flow moving. MC Lance also helped me plan the reception. I had no idea how I wanted it to go and he guided me through the steps and listened to my needs and made the schedule to perfectly reflect what we wanted. Everyone was raving about how much fun they had at the reception.

Richard Barnes took the most beautiful photos! He took the photos we requested and he also took many fantastic candid shots. He knows what needs to be shot without having to be told. (that being said, if you have something different that you want he will accommodate.) We have had such a good time looking at our pictures they really captured the event and the fun we had.
    The photobooth was so fun! Mandi was very professional and super patient with all of us and our silliness. Everyone had a good time in the photobooth AND came out with the pictures they wanted. At first, we weren't going to spend the extra money on the photobooth, but now I'm so glad we did!
    From the very beginning Bob made me feel comfortable in the wedding planning process. I knew I could go to him with any questions, and he even allowed me to make last minute changes. He explains everything step by step and shows a lot of compassion.

We got engaged in November 2017 and were married in January 2018 so we had only a little over a month to plan our wedding. Getting the photographer, DJ, and photobooth all in one place with Bob as the event coordinater made that possible. We truly could not have done it without Philly event group.

Dawn · Married on 12/09/2017

We hired Bob Mills to DJ our corporate Christmas Party. First time using a DJ and was the best decision we made. Already booking Bob for 2018!!!
    He engaged everyone, kept the party moving he was a hit. From the first conversation I felt Bob was the right choice for us.
    We highly recommend.

Tega · Married on 11/12/2017

Bob was awesome. He made the planning process a breeze. He got me a videographer a day before the wedding. His MC skills are awesome. He's the best in Philly.

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

We were married a week ago and we are still talking about how great DJ Bob and staff were. We have received many compliments on the music and Bob's MC'ing. Through the ceremony, cocktail and reception he made sure to play all the songs we requested and more, the dance floor was always full because he had us dancing and rock and rolling all night. We also used the photo booth service which was a HUGE hit with our guests. Through the planning process Bob, was super accessible and helpful when we needed ideas and guidance on ceremony and reception schedules. We definitely recommend Bob and Philly Event Group for their ease of access, value and professionalism.

Ashley · Married on 11/01/2017

Bob was an absolute pleasure to work along with, and I would highly recommend to anyone for any type of event. My lighting requests came in very last minute, and he was able to produce beautiful gobo lightening that was showcased throughout the venue for an evening corporate event. The turn around time was basically overnight for the lighting, might I add with no rush charges, and Bob was onsite himself to oversee setup. I truly was thrilled with the final product, the flexibility to work along with my schedule, overall cost, and professionalism that Bob encompasses. It made my job onsite much easier, and I will certainly be using this company for future events.

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2017

My husband and I worked with Bob Mills from Philly Event Group for our wedding. Bob is a fantastic DJ, wonderful person, and overall a joy to work with! Bob was very helpful and involved from the moment we hired him through the wedding day. From our first conversation, Bob was very helpful in thinking through all aspects of music and lighting. I found Bob’s questions during the planning process to be very helpful in framing my thoughts for the wedding and for illuminating aspects that I hadn't considered yet. Bob is skilled at knowing what to ask and is exceedingly flexible - he brings his vast experience to all conversations, but he leaves all decisions to the bride and groom. I found Bob’s questions during the planning process very helpful.

On the wedding day, Bob was completely prepared with the sound and lighting systems. He kept the night interactive and moving smoothly. The guests loved him! He created a rapport with everyone from my great-aunts to my friends and family. Everyone was out on the dance floor. So many people have commented on how wonderful and how much fun DJ Bob was. I loved the music selections he picked based on our conversations, and Bob also shared the music compilations with my husband and I afterwards. It’s been so much fun to listen to the music afterwards and relive the day!

I highly recommend working with Bob Mills and the Philly Event Group for your wedding DJ needs.

Chelsea · Married on 10/14/2017

We could not have found a better DJ for our wedding than DJ Bob Mills with Philly Event Group. Whereas the majority of the wedding DJs who we researched seemed to be focused on creating a Jersey Shore nightclub type vibe, Bob provided the perfect blend of modern music, classic rock, and was happy to avoid what we consider to be corny traditional music such as the chicken dance and electric slide.

Bob was very responsive and answered all of our questions and addressed all of our concerns promptly. When we first met with Bob at a restaurant nearby, he showed up 10 minutes early and was fully prepared. He walked us through the timeline, the process, and the cost and completely put our minds at ease.

In our opinion, Bob went above and beyond his duties as DJ by arriving quite early to the venue on the day of our wedding. He met with our banquet manager and various other event staff, including our officiant, to ensure that everyone was aware of the schedule of events. Bob was a consummate professional in every way possible.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Bob and we highly recommend him!