66 Reviews for Philly Custom DJ

MC (2)
Photobooth (1)
Uplighting (1)
58 Philly Custom DJ Reviews

If you're looking for a DJ for your special event, please look no further. Adam and Philly Custom DJ is exactly who you need to make your special day great. I had a unique event, I was planning a surprise party and surprise proposal for my girlfriends birthday. I researched around and was actually in the process of going with a different DJ service but it didn't feel right with them. I reached out to Adam and it felt right instantly! Adam took the time to make my playlist perfect, making sure we had the right mix of intimate songs along with party songs for everyone to enjoy. I even ran into a problem with my original venue and Adam went above and beyond to help me work through that difficulty and remained flexible for my location choice. We created a wonderful and eclectic playlist which everyone enjoyed. It was the most special day of my life and could not have gone better! I never second guessed my decision and I am extremely picky so in conclusion- you found the right DJ company for the job! They genuinely care and will make your day great!

Profile Picture Alok, 7/20/19, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam was fantastic and he made our wedding absolutely perfect. He was a breeze to work with. From the start, he was extremely responsive. We had a lot of questions, and a lot of last minute changes, and he was great with it all. He took a ton of time over the phone to understand exactly what we wanted our day to look like. He did a great job balancing all our requests with his own recommendations. Day-of, he showed up with all his equipment and set up almost without anyone noticing. He was so professional and friendly--a great guy to work with and have at the wedding.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/4/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Adam and DJ Alex made our event an excellent time that everyone will remember! Set up pool side, they had the whole party rocking and as night fell the custom light show turned our backyard into a really beautiful scene. I highly recommend you call this professional DJ team, they did an awesome job!

Profile Picture Cody, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam did an amazing job with our wedding and my husband and I couldn't have been happier! Right away, Adam was so dedicated and organized - I knew we made the right choice hiring Philly Custom DJ. He worked wonderfully with my wedding planner and made the whole process so simple. Adam made sure that we had the exact music that we wanted and nothing else! Couldn't recommend him more... our whole wedding party was on the dance floor the whole night!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend Philly Custom DJ to any couple. Adam was an absolute pleasure to work with. He organized all of our information into a Google spreadsheet so that it was easy to go over suggested music, add more, and ask questions. We also had three phone meetings with him to make sure that we had all the details ready to go and were progressing through the process. Out of everyone we worked with during the planning process, Adam was by far the most responsive and easiest to communicate with. He helped us put together music lists that we and our guests loved, getting to know us and adding in great personal touches. Once the dancing started at our reception, it continued until the very end of the night, with our guests chanting for more! I couldn't be happier with this DJ.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our wedding was less than a month ago. Now that we are back from our honeymoon and have spoken to almost everyone who was present, it's clear that we made the right choice hiring Adam as our wedding DJ. The dance floor was packed all night long, which is pretty much the most important criteria. In the months before the wedding, Adam was easy to work with for planning. He definitely put in the time to listen to our vision and make it happen. He added personal touches. He made the music selection easy and the results were clear. Young and old, slow and fast songs, everyone was having a great time. You could tell that Adam was into it and feeding off the crowd to keep the party going. Adam and his assistant did a great job preparing and making sure that the transition between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception was flawless. The photobooth was a hit, and it did not keep people away from the dance floor as some might be concerned about. Overall, we are so happy that we chose Philly Custom DJ.

Profile Picture Roey, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We worked with Adam for our wedding in March and he did a wonderful job. His passion and enthusiasm for DJing weddings is truly contagious! My husband and I kept joking that Adam was not only our DJ, but our wedding coordinator too, because he spent so much time with us working out the specific timeline and details of our event. The music selection and overall energy level of our reception was very important to us, so we appreciated that Adam allowed us to play a significant role in curating the music selection via a shared Spotify playlist and a detailed excel spread sheet. In addition to DJing our reception, he provided the sound equipment for our ceremony, which went off w/out a hitch! A friend of mine recently told us how much better our reception was than another she had just recently attended, which she attributed primarily to our DJ and music selection. You can't ask for better feedback than that!

Profile Picture Anne, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Adam went above and beyond. From the moment we hired him, to the week of the event, to the event itself, my wife and I could not have been more impressed with both his customer service and DJing skills. The guests at our party have been asking ever since how we found him and telling us how awesome he made the night!

Profile Picture Joshua, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Aside from finding a venue, scoring the perfect DJ for our wedding reception was at the top of our list in the planning process. We wanted someone personable and authentic; someone who really cared about what we wanted music-wise, and didn't gravitate towards "Top 50" playlists.

Adam from Philly Custom DJ is that guy. Through the planning process, he was quick to respond to my (many) emails, stayed totally organized, and we had several video chats to touch base on how things were going. My husband and I appreciated the openness Adam had towards our music choices, yet he offered helpful suggestions to keep us on track with our playlist.

The day of, Adam and his assistant Sam did a straight-up excellent job. Adam kept the wedding party laughing before our announcements to the dance floor and was responsive to any questions I had (like should we have a code gesture in case my father-daughter dance gets painfully long since both my dad and I can't dance??).

During dinner, they played an awesome selection of "deep tracks"—some of our favorite songs you can't really dance to, but are nice to hear. But as soon as dinner was over, people were ready for the dance floor and they were on it for hours! Seeing how happy everyone was and how much fun they were having was the highlight of my night, and Philly Custom DJ made it happen (thanks Adam and Sam!).

I could go on and on about how happy we are with our experience with PCDJ, but you get the point. If you're considering them, I say go for it. You'll be so happy you did.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Adam was amazing! He took great care of us and helped create a unique experience for our guests. We loved the photobooth! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Mason , 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Sam provided us with excellent service. In the planning process, he helped us think through all the aspects of the wedding from the ceremony to the last dance. Music is very important to my husband and I, and Sam was able to mix our musical style with lots of fun dance music.

If you’re looking for a DJ that listens to you and has great musical range, look no further! Everyone still talks about how great the music was.

Thank you, Sam!

Photos
Profile Picture amy, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job with our wedding! Adam was referred to us by a photographer friend who had been to a wedding he had DJ'd. We are so happy to have found him! From day one he was incredibly organized and really created a great experience for our wedding! And of course, the music was amazing!!!!!! He really made our day that much better by having spent time preparing over a few meetings and phone calls. And we are so happy that we also used him to create our photo booth. Everyone loved it. Thank you Adam and team for helping make our day as special and FUN as it was.

Profile Picture Shari, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Adam was awesome to work with. He gave us plenty of guidance and suggestions on how to build a personalized playlist and was extremely flexible with any last minute changes we had. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Profile Picture Alec, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I can pretty much say Adam made our wedding the fun and crazy wedding it was. We got his number from a friend of a friend without really knowing him but he was so helpful and reassuring from the beginning we started actually seeing him as a friend. He gave us the feeling we were his only couple (although we knew he had other events going on at the same time...). He scheduled video calls (since we don't live in the same city) through which he guided us through everything that had to be planned, all via Google Sheets (very convenient). At the wedding Adam quickly learned our guests' preferences (combined with our's of course) and played the right song at the right time, making our mixture of guests all dance and continue to talk about the D.J. the next day.

Profile Picture Yifat, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Adam was an absolutely amazing DJ! He went well beyond what was required of him for our wedding event in Philadelphia. We had Facetime calls months before the wedding and gradually built up to weekly calls as the wedding approached. I never thought a DJ would be so involved in all aspects of the wedding but Adam was and we are so thankful for that. Regarding music, Adam read the demographics of those dancing most and catered the music to them. Cost wise, I actually would have paid Adam much more for his services given that he helped us with many other aspects of the wedding. Regardless, he is very affordable. I would highly recommend Adam for any event. Really good guy too.

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ! Easy to work with, music was about us, night went smoothly, put in a ton of time. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Philly Custom DJ team was awesome! They were professional and very responsive throughout the whole planning process. On the day of the wedding they were there on time and everything happened on schedule. Adam and Samwise were able to engage our wedding guests and keep the dance floor was packed all night. We’re still getting compliments about the music!

We’re also glad we went with the photobooth. It was a big hit, and looking at the pictures always makes us smile!

I would highly recommend! We love you guys!!!

Photo
Profile Picture Joshua , 6/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Adam was absolutely wonderful to work with. He set up a meeting immediately to discuss all the specifics of our celebration and included a very detailed spreadsheet to review with us on our initial call. It really helped us finalize many aspects of our evening and kept everyone on the same page with our schedule. He was extremely flexible, easy going and paid great attention to the detail required for our big day. We were so happy to work with someone who wanted to be sure our day was as perfect as we hoped for. He was very responsive to all the questions we had and organized a follow-up meeting with us leading up to our celebration to go over any last minute questions. His music was a big hit the entire night and everyone thought he was really great. He followed all our requests and made sure the flow of the evening went smoothly and got people up on the dance floor. He truly went above and beyond to make our day special and we were so pleased we picked him for our special day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The team was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well as during the ceremony. They made sure all of our desires were met and then some. The entertainment and energy was phenomenal and the photo booth was a huge hit. Thanks to Philly Custom DJ for a great experience and excellent addition to our wedding!

Profile Picture Logan, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam was just the DJ we were looking for for our wedding. We wanted to keep away from some of the more conventional top 40 focused wedding DJs and implement playlists that were more reflective of our tastes. He was extremely receptive to this and worked to generate an awesome set for the wedding. He reads a crowd very well and had something for everyone. Would highly recommend him, especially if you're particular about your music.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

defiantly one of the best in his field. Adam from Philly Custom DJ gave us the answer and the results of exactly what we needed to our event. he took the time to sit with us and understand what type of music we want.
high recommended.

Profile Picture Tal, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam is great! We highly recommend him! He DJed for our 11/2016 wedding. We spoke to him multiple times in the run-up to the wedding and he helped us hand-select songs for the cocktail hour and reception. We didn't want a DJ who was unprofessional or overly familiar on the microphone during the reception, and Adam was perfect. He announced all of the events so things were easy to follow, but never went overboard or took liberties. He made sure that the songs that were most important to us were featured, that everyone's names were said correctly, and that our guests had a great time. He is easy to work with, responsive and flexible. Days before the wedding he even changed the cocktail hour mix when we asked for additional songs. When it came time to dance, our guests were on the dance floor all night. Adam is a great choice - especially for people who love music and want to be involved in the process of choosing the songs. (Of course if that doesn't appeal to you, he'd take your input and run with it - but we got into it and he was incredibly receptive to all of our input and allowed us to be involved in picking songs). We can't say enough good things about Adam.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam has a massive library of music and will find whatever you want to hear that he doesn't have. He is sensitive to concerns, responsive, and puts your mind at ease during planning. Also really fun to work with!

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The service Adam and his crew bring to your wedding rises above merely playing music; he was instrumental in the planning of our event as well as the guy who reminded us to keep it fun. It was also very important to me to play a custom playlist of music throughout the reception event, which he made possible through collaborative Spotify playlists and Google Drive spreadsheets to stay on the same page. If you're looking for a DJ who isn't afraid to stray from the typical YMCA and such weddings, you've found your man. Also, I highly recommend his custom photo booth. Very worth the small extra amount for this amazing addition! I would get married again just to have my wedding DJ'd by Adam a second time.

Profile Picture Jared, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews