Philly Custom DJ Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Ben L. Married on 05/08/2022

Best DJ for your wedding, period.

The pressure is on. This is the most important review of my life. Why? Simple, because when you hire Adam and work with Philly Custom DJ for your wedding, he makes your wedding day the most important of his life.

Not unlike a lot of you, my now wife Courtney and I knew we wanted a DJ for our wedding annnnd we didn't have much of a clue beyond that. We read review after review trying to get a sense of who would "click" with our vibe. Something about Adam's reviews stuck with us. People LOVED Adam. Well, I'll save you time...dont read any more reviews, just hire Adam!

Adam takes the time to get to know you personally. Via phone calls or Zooms he asks questions about everything from musical likes and dislikes, to ceremony/cocktail hour/reception vibe, to sound cues so everything goes off without a hitch. He has good advice when needed but also is happy to go forward with whatever vision you see for your day. All of your information and preferences are kept on a google doc sheet, which you can update as well at your convenience, so nothing is ever forgotten or overlooked. Like I said, he really really cares. Adding in COVID could throw anyone off their game, but Adam was ready, willing and able to meet the challenge. He purchased extra wireless mics so every individual speaker during our day could have their own mic, with their own personal boom cover and personal equipment-safe sanitizer to keep everyone as safe as possible.

The day of our wedding is where Adam really shined. He set up his sound system for our rain contingency ceremony (we had a lot of bad luck leading up to this wedding) and when the sun shined an hour before the start, Adam moved like lightning to get his equipment outside/getting sound check completed/welcoming guests and we never skipped a beat. He mixed an incredible set for our cocktail hour that we still listen to every time we are boozin around our house. As for the reception, I think Adam had as much fun as we did dancing to the music and taking requests from our masked up guests who weren't going to let this pandemic stop them from having a safe, socially responsible blast on the dance floor. What more do you need to hear? Hiring Philly Custom DJ was the best decision we could have ever made. You don't need to read any more reviews, just schedule a phone call with Adam and see for yourself. He will NEVER let you down. Thanks for everything Adam!!
    --Ben and Courtney
    American Swedish Historical Museum
    8/29/20

Dear Ben & Courtney,

Like the sun breaking through the clouds on your wedding day, your wedding was a bright light in my life after months of darkness because of the pandemic. It warmed my heart to see your guests dancing all night. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.

Your cocktail hour mix is still in heavy rotation on my stereo.

Wishing you the best in your marriage. Love is everything.

Adam
    Katelyn G. Married on 05/06/2022

Amazing 10/10

Adam did such an incredible job for our wedding day. He truly tailored every detail to make our day personal and a reflection of us as a couple.

The photo booth he provides is such an awesome detail to add for unforgettable memories.

Highly recommend 10/10!!
    Erin S. Married on 04/22/2022

Cold sparks!!

Adam was so professional and organized in the planning process. Not only did he deliver on our playlist, but he also acquired cold sparks so that we could have a magical first dance and a memorable reception for our guests. Highly highly recommend!!!

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Your playlist was a pleasure - but the cold sparks took us over the top! Thank you for leading us into the cold sparks era!
    Louis Married on 03/13/2022

Mr . Cool !

Adam was absolutely the best . His professionalism and detail to coordinating our wedding in such a short time was amazing! We totally had a blast and he totally made us not worry for a second about anything ! I highly recommend Philly custom DJ for all your events!!!
    Brittany Married on 12/23/2021

Absolutely Incredible

Absolutely 100000000% would hire again. Adam is a great communicator, he got right back to me every time I reached out. When the venue needed his COI - he sent it within minutes of my request. He would send some playlists and we would tweak them, and always responded in the hour. We lived farther away so our meeting were through zoom and via email, which worked out just fine.

He was so detailed, which helped by guide the timing of my entire wedding. He was even thinking of things I wasn’t. I haven’t been to many weddings, so he recommended songs, music transitions, even customized music for the toasts. It helped me so much, that I felt very confident going into my wedding day.

The music he curated with us was perfect, and he was able to get people to dance and out to the dance floor during those moments it got a bit light. He listened to my guests and heard them talking about Madonna, so he played one of her songs. Adam’s really attentive to the guests and requests as well.

He’s got a great personality and very easy to work with. He even took some photos and sent them to us. We had our wedding playlist the next day so we could listen and relive it again. He is a great choice, and I highly recommend him and will definitely hire again for any future events.
  • Madelyn
    Madelyn H. Married on 09/25/2021

Above and beyond

Above and Beyond. The only way to describe Adam and his team. Adam absolutely smashed it at our wedding a little over a month ago where we had 4 different locations that required audio at sometimes overlapping times. He created a custom playlist for us that ended up being spot on for our audience. We got rave reviews from our guests for the music and the amazing Photo Booth. I would recommend him for anyone looking to put on a memorable party!!
  • Morgan
    Morgan G. Married on 08/21/2021

A Great DJ for a Beautiful Day

We loved working with Adam! Philly Custom DJ was not just great at providing the music for our special day, but Adam also helped us through the process of planning out our reception. Our calls with him were fun and informative and really got us thinking about how we wanted our reception to go and what music we wanted to set the scene for our big day.

He perfectly synthesized our musical taste for an amazing cocktail hour playlist we'll be listening to for years to come. And when it came time for the reception, he made sure everyone was up and dancing. I had several people comment on the great mix of music he played. Plus who else but Philly Custom DJ would offer an instrumental Miyazaki playlist for the prelude?

On a more personal note, having to push our wedding back a whole year due to COVID was a stressful decision, but Adam was always a joy to work with and was so flexible throughout the whole process. We knew we could count on him, even during complicated circumstances. Our calls with him during the wedding planning process were always joyful, which is so needed during the stressful planning process. I'd recommend Philly Custom DJ to any couple looking for a world-class DJ!
  • Taylor
    Taylor M. Married on 07/30/2021

Must have wedding playlist!

You know your DJ was a success when your guests keep asking for the playlist! And luckily Adam sent us a link to it on Spotify the next morning. We wanted a 90s school dance vibe with the bridesmaids walking down the aisle to Spice Girls and groomsmen to Back Street Boys and Adam happily indulged us. The online system for us to organize our special songs as well as preference was very simple to use and made preparation and organizing super easy. The day of he worked with our speakers before the ceremony to make sure the audio would be perfect, and was even ready to hype up the crowd although ours came ready to rage. Overall, we’re very happy with our choice!
  • Diana
    Diana A. Married on 06/12/2021

The best wedding DJ!! Thank you, Adam!

I can’t imagine a better wedding DJ than Adam!! I don’t even know where to begin with thanking him and recommending him to every engaged person I know. He made our wedding so incredibly magical and memorable. Other wedding DJs we considered only offered one meeting where we’d discuss a general overview of music, but with Adam we had multiple conversations and with his planning portal we had the opportunity to truly personalize the soundtrack to our wedding day. I am still daydreaming about so many specific moments of our day linked to specific songs that played, and those moments only happened because of the incredible work and planning he did with us. We also rented his photobooth which was a huge hit with our guests! Adam is exceptional in every way. He is also a wonderful person. When you work with great vendors that are also really great people that makes everything that much better and easier. He made this process so enjoyable and fun for us. We cannot recommend him enough! Please do yourself a big favor and book him!!
    Michelle C. Married on 06/05/2021

Fantastic!

Adam is amazing, he was so accommodating to our wants and needs to make our dream wedding a success. He is thorough, responsive, and an all around great guy. We can’t recommend him enough!

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Michelle. It was great having an opportunity to play such excellent music at your wedding. I appreciate that Tom was able to help me reignite my love for Ahmad Jamal. Your wedding had many highlights, but the Mule Train will always stand out for me!
  • Mason
    Mason R. Married on 10/10/2020

Adam is the BEST

Adam is just the best. We seriously cannot express how amazing he was at helping us to finalize the planning for our wedding in the middle of this pandemic. When we said we wanted to include a virtual portion of our wedding including a Zoom chat live with some of our virtual guests he didn't even bat an eye.
    In many ways, Adam was even more organized than our wedding planner! He handed us a spreadsheet that included ALL of the information we could want and more for our ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception playlists, and also had suggestions for all of the above. Without this we would have been lost when trying to plan our ceremony and reception.
    We got many comments from our guests about how much they loved the music selection, and GET THE PHOTO BOOTH!
    Seriously, the photo booth was amazing - it was given to us as a surprise and it knocked our socks off. We now have an amazing keepsake from our wedding with the photos of all of our guests.
    We love Adam and can't wait to hire him for our next big party!
    We can't recommend him enough!
    Michele B. Married on 10/04/2020

You need this DJ in your life!!!

Let me tell everyone something right now - you NEED Adam to be your wedding DJ. If you’re having your wedding in PA, he’s a MUST. I first spoke with Adam in October 2019. We had a zoom meeting with my husband to be soon after, and it was very clear that we made the right choice. He exudes so much enthusiasm about you as an individual, the couple getting married, and the wedding itself that you can’t help but be hyped for your wedding as he’s helping you compile your list of music for the wedding. He does not push any agenda, he’s very supportive of the couple doing their own thing and doing whatever makes them happy. If you don’t want to do a father daughter dance? He’s with it. If you want to have a special dance with you and your two best friends on the floor before you do anything else? He’s with it. He’s very knowledgeable of “traditional” wedding elements if you choose to have them as part of your day, but does not push the issue if you don’t and is open to any and everything else you have in mind. During covid we had a number of zoom meetings with him, and he remained supportive and positive which really helped us keep our heads in the game. On the day of the wedding when we finally met him in person, it was like seeing family. He’s just such a great person to work with. Not to mention he’s an AWESOME dj! He arranged everything EXACTLY how we asked. Everything was executed perfectly and I got so many compliments from everyone about the music and how cool he was! I highly recommend Adam of Philly Custom DJ - you will not regret choosing him!
  • William
    William M. Married on 09/05/2020

Where to begin?

I guess I'll start by saying Adam (note the first name basis with the CEO) and his team instantly gave us the impression this was the only wedding they were planning that year. They were constantly in contact months before the wedding with updates and home-made gifs to make us feel special.

Then COVID hit, and we feared all was lost. But that's when this company's true colors shone through, as Adam didn't skip a beat and kept on planning. Without hesitation, he tailored our wedding to stay safe without losing any of the party, which is something we never could have done on our own. He coordinated closely and professionally with all of our vendors, even helping us with the timing of the ceremony and events. Above all, we had several older relatives who were unsafe to travel during the pandemic and Adam independently created a Youtube stream specific to our wedding complete with a crystal clear audio and video setup.

I hope it comes through that not only do we sound biased because we had a personal connection with this team but they were truly consummate professionals from beginning to end, seamlessly holding our wedding (and marriage) together during a pandemic.

Hi William,
    Glad to be on a first-name basis with you as well! Thank you for letting me swoop in and play my part. Your playlist choices were a pleasure to work with! Such a great range of music!
    I don’t think I can take credit for holding your marriage together. You and Kate are wonderful individuals - the love between you is beautiful to see. The two of you have what it takes to go the distance!
    All the best,
    Adam
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie S. Married on 06/13/2020

Best wedding dj in the area

Adam and his team were absolute professionals. So talented, thoughtful, and thinking of everything we needed them to. Look no further for the best wedding DJ in the area. Adam was so organized and flexible as we planned for multiple wedding dates during a pandemic. He utilized zoom meetings for constant communication. If you’re like us and are particular about your wedding music, Adam will make sure you have every song you want and at the right point in the night. He even custom mixed a song for my father daughter dance that we’ll have forever. Everything was custom from no requests at the reception to multiple Spotify playlists for throughout each part of the wedding.

Without Hester reminding us to get our photobooth pics, we wouldn’t have used it all night! Jack did an amazing job organizing the bridal party, getting mics to everyone, and working hard to make sure everything ran smoothly.

Adam- We are so continually impressed by you. Over the past couple of years your organization, google spreadsheets, playlists, communication, and just overall empathy for our situation is more than we could have ever asked for in a wedding DJ. You went above and beyond for us and literally planned the entire reception timeline. It would not be NEARLY as legendary without you and your team. THANK YOU.
  • Michelle
    Michelle G. Married on 02/22/2020

Worth every penny!

Adam and his team are the absolute best. The DJ choice was really important to me because they essentially would be the MC for the night and I wanted good vibes and Adam was it!! He was fun, funny, efficient, professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. After each meeting I had with him, I felt completely at ease about the big day. Planning a wedding is so stressful and Adam made it so much easier by contacting my bridal party and other vendors himself! He helped me create the schedule for the day of and fine tune other little details that I’m pretty sure weren’t even his job! Also! The photo booth! I had other ladies ask me who I booked for the photo booth because it was so amazing. I truly cannot day enough how awesome Adam and Philly Custom DJ was. I would recommend them 10 times over to any bride! And I will!
  • Kristen Vorwaller
    Kristen Married on 11/02/2019

Adam is awesome!

Adam was our first vendor booked, and working with him was a serious pleasure from start to finish. He was friendly from the beginning and by the end felt like a friend instead of a vendor.

First, my husband and I are seriously passionate about music and the music at our wedding was a HUGE deal to us. We are a little alternative in our music, where we might not like the regular "wedding classic" music. Adam was PERFECT for us because he worked with us through every detail of the music. He offered us expert advice on his point of view from going to many weddings, and ultimately made us feel like we could be ourselves and we felt very accepted despite our quirkiness. We could not have asked for someone better for us to DJ our wedding. We were able to work with Adam to curate a playlist that we would love and ceremony and cocktail hour playlists we would love. We were complimented over and over again about our music. He was able to weave in our more punk music with classic dance songs and songs for the older crowd perfectly. Everything went so well and we had such a good time, and so did our guests! I was so overjoyed watching our guests have fun and dance to the music, and that is all thanks to Adam! Thank you for making our reception so fun, and thank you for letting us be ourselves!
    Amanda B. Married on 10/19/2019

Would recommend every time

I'm patting myself on the back for having chosen Philly Custom DJ/Adam to be our DJ and officiant. He has such a way about him as to make everything more calm and organized. If you have any questions as maybe this is your first time doing this (wedding) he is a wonderful sounding board, if this isn't your first time you will appreciate his professionalism and friendly energy even more. I never felt like an imposition with my silly questions or last minute changes. Adam wrote a beautiful ceremony for us as well that was exactly what we wanted to be said. He is fantastic!
    Liz S. Married on 10/19/2019

This is your DJ. Amazing!

If you are even remotely questioning what DJ service to use for your wedding, go with PhillyCustomDJ! Adam and his whole team were incredible! We couldn’t believe the level of organization and professionalism. Adam was basically our mini wedding planner, asking all the right questions to make sure the whole evening went smoothly. We appreciated the personal interaction with Skype calls to work through the songs and logistics for the evening. He even built us a personalized spanish guitar playlist to go with our theme, and it was awesome! Our DJ Jacob H. and Emcee Jack Z. executed a perfect event and killed it on the dance floor. They also were great at monitoring the wedding, reading the crowd, and making adjustments during the evening as needed. We had so much fun with them. Thank you guys!
    Cynthia S. Married on 09/11/2019

More than just a DJ

When planning a wedding there are so many details that are important. Music being one of the most. I can’t say enough about Adam and his team. He paid attention to who we were as a couple from the 1st meeting to our last pre-wedding meeting (yes, he does meetings with you!) He was extremely passionate about making sure everything would be perfect for our wedding day. Even asking us to approve what he should wear. There were check-in’s, playlist scrubbing, even attention to artists that we may not want played for ethical reasons. We hadn’t considered a photo booth, but it wound up being the hit of the wedding! Everyone commented to us on how much fun they had, and how much they enjoyed Adam and his assistant. I felt like Adam was a family member by the end of this process. We would recommend him a million times over. He truly was one of the top vendors for our wedding.
  • Zoe
    Zoe Married on 09/06/2019

Amazing! We love dj adam!

We cannot say enough good things about Adam and Philly Custom DJ. He is amazing and goes so far above and beyond for his couples. Having a custom playlist was something we knew we wanted from day one, with Adam, we got that and so much more! Originally, we were going to skip a photo booth, but his costs were so reasonable that we got one as well - it was the HIGHLIGHT of the night and we're so happy we went with it.

Beyond that, Adam was our go-to man during the process. We had several chats with him where he helped us pick music, create the processional, recessional, and order of events, he helped us write and finalize our ceremony, and he designed custom photo booth strips for us. During the event - he was a great MC, was able to keep the party going, and took lots of videos and photos that he later shared with us. Another fun bonus is that we got digital copies of all of the photo booth pictures as well!

You cannot go wrong using Adam and Philly custom DJ.
  • Jakob
    Jakob N. Married on 08/17/2019

Organized, professional and fun

Adam was fantastic from start to finish. At the first meeting he throws a lot at you but its all followed up with an organized spreadsheet and meeting schedule. He is incredibly flexible with timing and everything can be handled via video conferences. Adam brought up things we didn't know we needed to plan and he even helped us schedule our ceremony/reception for music cues. Most importantly he is a great DJ. He can find any song you throw at him and will play anything you want. We had a fairly extensive "must play" list which he accommodated. The rest of the music that he picked completely fit in with our list and general theme of the night. Really top notch guy that I couldn't recommend more. If your having a tropical themed wedding, demand that he wear the greatest shirt of all time!
    Alok Married on 07/20/2019
    If you're looking for a DJ for your special event, please look no further. Adam and Philly Custom DJ is exactly who you need to make your special day great. I had a unique event, I was planning a surprise party and surprise proposal for my girlfriends birthday. I researched around and was actually in the process of going with a different DJ service but it didn't feel right with them. I reached out to Adam and it felt right instantly! Adam took the time to make my playlist perfect, making sure we had the right mix of intimate songs along with party songs for everyone to enjoy. I even ran into a problem with my original venue and Adam went above and beyond to help me work through that difficulty and remained flexible for my location choice. We created a wonderful and eclectic playlist which everyone enjoyed. It was the most special day of my life and could not have gone better! I never second guessed my decision and I am extremely picky so in conclusion- you found the right DJ company for the job! They genuinely care and will make your day great!
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne S. Married on 05/26/2019

Philly Custom DJ was the perfect choice!

Adam was the perfect choice for my daughter's May 2019 wedding. He had numerous conference calls to map out their plan and he certainly delivered. Everyone was on their feet dancing and having a great time. He even knew where to add music after the speeches. He also had a photo booth which added to the fun. I would HIGHLY recommend Adam and Philly Custom DJs for a perfect wedding!!

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you Suzanne! I knew it was going to be a fun wedding from the first time I met Brielle & Colin. The friends and family brought such great energy!
    Thank you for initiating me in the Shoe Dance!
    Pamela D. Married on 05/05/2019

Absolutely the best!

My husband found DJ Adam in a desperate google search, for our wedding DJ and I am so glad he found him!! So if you are looking for an amazing DJ, look no further!!!! DJ Adam from start to finish did an incredible job!! He took time to plan with us several times prior to our wedding in the most convenient form - FaceTime. He was so knowledgeable and helpful in organizing every aspect of the wedding (schedule, playlists, people involved, etc.). He made it so easy to navigate through the hectic wedding planning process. All of my guests RAVED about the music and how fun Adam made our wedding night!! Music is really important to me and my husband, Adam played our favorite tunes and got everyone on the dance floor! As usual, our wedding had a couple unexpected events occur and Adam handled it with grace and assured me everything would be fine. He truly was a life savor for me on this stressful day! I cannot day enough good things about him!

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Pam! Your wedding was a blast! We fought the weather and we won! So happy to have played a part in your special day!