59 Reviews for Philly Custom DJ

Liability Insurance (2)
Photobooth (1)
Uplighting (1)
51 Philly Custom DJ Reviews

If you're looking for a DJ for your special event, please look no further. Adam and Philly Custom DJ is exactly who you need to make your special day great. I had a unique event, I was planning a surprise party and surprise proposal for my girlfriends birthday. I researched around and was actually in the process of going with a different DJ service but it didn't feel right with them. I reached out to Adam and it felt right instantly! Adam took the time to make my playlist perfect, making sure we had the right mix of intimate songs along with party songs for everyone to enjoy. I even ran into a problem with my original venue and Adam went above and beyond to help me work through that difficulty and remained flexible for my location choice. We created a wonderful and eclectic playlist which everyone enjoyed. It was the most special day of my life and could not have gone better! I never second guessed my decision and I am extremely picky so in conclusion- you found the right DJ company for the job! They genuinely care and will make your day great!

Profile Picture Alok, 7/20/19, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam went above and beyond. From the moment we hired him, to the week of the event, to the event itself, my wife and I could not have been more impressed with both his customer service and DJing skills. The guests at our party have been asking ever since how we found him and telling us how awesome he made the night!

Profile Picture Joshua, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Adam was amazing! He took great care of us and helped create a unique experience for our guests. We loved the photobooth! Highly recommend!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mason , 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Sam provided us with excellent service. In the planning process, he helped us think through all the aspects of the wedding from the ceremony to the last dance. Music is very important to my husband and I, and Sam was able to mix our musical style with lots of fun dance music.

If you’re looking for a DJ that listens to you and has great musical range, look no further! Everyone still talks about how great the music was.

Thank you, Sam!

Photos
Profile Picture amy, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job with our wedding! Adam was referred to us by a photographer friend who had been to a wedding he had DJ'd. We are so happy to have found him! From day one he was incredibly organized and really created a great experience for our wedding! And of course, the music was amazing!!!!!! He really made our day that much better by having spent time preparing over a few meetings and phone calls. And we are so happy that we also used him to create our photo booth. Everyone loved it. Thank you Adam and team for helping make our day as special and FUN as it was.

Profile Picture Shari, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Adam was awesome to work with. He gave us plenty of guidance and suggestions on how to build a personalized playlist and was extremely flexible with any last minute changes we had. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Profile Picture Alec, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I can pretty much say Adam made our wedding the fun and crazy wedding it was. We got his number from a friend of a friend without really knowing him but he was so helpful and reassuring from the beginning we started actually seeing him as a friend. He gave us the feeling we were his only couple (although we knew he had other events going on at the same time...). He scheduled video calls (since we don't live in the same city) through which he guided us through everything that had to be planned, all via Google Sheets (very convenient). At the wedding Adam quickly learned our guests' preferences (combined with our's of course) and played the right song at the right time, making our mixture of guests all dance and continue to talk about the D.J. the next day.

Profile Picture Yifat, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Adam was an absolutely amazing DJ! He went well beyond what was required of him for our wedding event in Philadelphia. We had Facetime calls months before the wedding and gradually built up to weekly calls as the wedding approached. I never thought a DJ would be so involved in all aspects of the wedding but Adam was and we are so thankful for that. Regarding music, Adam read the demographics of those dancing most and catered the music to them. Cost wise, I actually would have paid Adam much more for his services given that he helped us with many other aspects of the wedding. Regardless, he is very affordable. I would highly recommend Adam for any event. Really good guy too.

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ! Easy to work with, music was about us, night went smoothly, put in a ton of time. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The Philly Custom DJ team was awesome! They were professional and very responsive throughout the whole planning process. On the day of the wedding they were there on time and everything happened on schedule. Adam and Samwise were able to engage our wedding guests and keep the dance floor was packed all night. We’re still getting compliments about the music!

We’re also glad we went with the photobooth. It was a big hit, and looking at the pictures always makes us smile!

I would highly recommend! We love you guys!!!

Photo
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Joshua , 6/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Adam was absolutely wonderful to work with. He set up a meeting immediately to discuss all the specifics of our celebration and included a very detailed spreadsheet to review with us on our initial call. It really helped us finalize many aspects of our evening and kept everyone on the same page with our schedule. He was extremely flexible, easy going and paid great attention to the detail required for our big day. We were so happy to work with someone who wanted to be sure our day was as perfect as we hoped for. He was very responsive to all the questions we had and organized a follow-up meeting with us leading up to our celebration to go over any last minute questions. His music was a big hit the entire night and everyone thought he was really great. He followed all our requests and made sure the flow of the evening went smoothly and got people up on the dance floor. He truly went above and beyond to make our day special and we were so pleased we picked him for our special day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The team was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well as during the ceremony. They made sure all of our desires were met and then some. The entertainment and energy was phenomenal and the photo booth was a huge hit. Thanks to Philly Custom DJ for a great experience and excellent addition to our wedding!

Profile Picture Logan, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam was just the DJ we were looking for for our wedding. We wanted to keep away from some of the more conventional top 40 focused wedding DJs and implement playlists that were more reflective of our tastes. He was extremely receptive to this and worked to generate an awesome set for the wedding. He reads a crowd very well and had something for everyone. Would highly recommend him, especially if you're particular about your music.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

defiantly one of the best in his field. Adam from Philly Custom DJ gave us the answer and the results of exactly what we needed to our event. he took the time to sit with us and understand what type of music we want.
high recommended.

Profile Picture Tal, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam is great! We highly recommend him! He DJed for our 11/2016 wedding. We spoke to him multiple times in the run-up to the wedding and he helped us hand-select songs for the cocktail hour and reception. We didn't want a DJ who was unprofessional or overly familiar on the microphone during the reception, and Adam was perfect. He announced all of the events so things were easy to follow, but never went overboard or took liberties. He made sure that the songs that were most important to us were featured, that everyone's names were said correctly, and that our guests had a great time. He is easy to work with, responsive and flexible. Days before the wedding he even changed the cocktail hour mix when we asked for additional songs. When it came time to dance, our guests were on the dance floor all night. Adam is a great choice - especially for people who love music and want to be involved in the process of choosing the songs. (Of course if that doesn't appeal to you, he'd take your input and run with it - but we got into it and he was incredibly receptive to all of our input and allowed us to be involved in picking songs). We can't say enough good things about Adam.

Profile Picture Erin, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam has a massive library of music and will find whatever you want to hear that he doesn't have. He is sensitive to concerns, responsive, and puts your mind at ease during planning. Also really fun to work with!

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The service Adam and his crew bring to your wedding rises above merely playing music; he was instrumental in the planning of our event as well as the guy who reminded us to keep it fun. It was also very important to me to play a custom playlist of music throughout the reception event, which he made possible through collaborative Spotify playlists and Google Drive spreadsheets to stay on the same page. If you're looking for a DJ who isn't afraid to stray from the typical YMCA and such weddings, you've found your man. Also, I highly recommend his custom photo booth. Very worth the small extra amount for this amazing addition! I would get married again just to have my wedding DJ'd by Adam a second time.

Profile Picture Jared, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

One of the things I insisted on for my reception was a fantastic DJ. Philly Custom DJ came highly recommended, and they delivered.

Our DJ, Adam, was in communication with us from the get-go regarding our song choices, and helped us shape a plan to ensure that the reception would go off well. He arrived on the day-of on time, fully prepped, and ready to go. He read the crowd perfectly, kept the entertainment flowing, and even plucked surprising but fitting songs to play for some of the unexpected moments during the afternoon. We had bunches of people coming up to us later telling us how much fun the event was, especially the music.

Please note, I had originally intended to have our wedding in Philadelphia, but due to circumstances, we had to move it to the Washington, DC, area. I chose Adam because of his philosophy that his job was to play the music we wanted, and I did not want to switch to another, if possible. We gladly paid extra for him to travel to us down there because we knew he was worth it. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Exceptional quality, great to work with, focused on performance. I would recommend Adam without hesitation.

Profile Picture User7301857, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Excellent DJ! Adam spent tons of time with us before the wedding helping us choose the right songs. His guidance and tastes are impeccable. If music is important to you, then Adam's the right DJ.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You really can't go wrong with Philly Custom DJ. Adam ensured we had everything put together and ready to go in time for our big day. We had multiple checkin sessions to go over everything required and the execution went off without a hitch. I highly, highly recommend using Philly Custom DJ!

Profile Picture Ben, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

In a few words, Adam is the MAN. Such a great personality, excellent taste in music and wonderful to work with.

He was very proactive in our wedding planning (directly communicating with the wedding party, providing the evening agenda for our other vendors, simple yet effective forms for our music/timeline organization, etc.) He really helped us along in all aspects of the wedding planning.

His slogan says it all "I'll listen to you and play the music you love". We truly personalized our wedding through a collective effort in making our playlists for the cocktail and dinner hours and then left the dance party in his hands - and boy did he deliver.

He loves what he does and that really shines through when he's manning that DJ booth. Highly recommended for any occasion. I'll definitely stay in touch with him; I loved talking music together.

Book this man!

Profile Picture Chris, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Adam went above and beyond all of my expectations! He accommodated our DIY plans, scheduled conference calls to discuss the event in detail, and took meticulous notes to make sure he delivered the best possible service. He also gave choice advice during stressful times, and was a very calming presence throughout the planning process. Adam is a pro, and not only did he deliver a spectacular DJ experience, he made me and my fiancé feel at ease throughout. I highly recommend Philly Custom DJ to anyone getting married or throwing a party.

Profile Picture Emma, 5/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Adam was a delight to work with from the first phone call to the last dance. He went above and beyond anything you would expect from your DJ! Every phone call we had with him just felt like we were chatting with a friend about our wedding plans and ideas. He made every little idea we had come to life and he made our wedding night perfect. All of our guests commented on our DJ and how the wedding, and the music, felt so "us". Adam contacted all of our vendors and speakers ahead of time and had a printed schedule to give to everyone the day of the wedding. He gave me multiple water bottles to make sure I was staying hydrated throughout the wedding, and he even brought a speaker with a garbage bag covering it outside so we could have music during our sparkler exit tunnel while it was slightly raining. I believe that Adam is the reason our wedding went so smoothly, I am so happy we made the decision to use Philly Custom DJ, and if you are looking for a wedding DJ you should do yourself a favor and book them!

Profile Picture Jill & Kevin, 5/21/16, 1 Review