Philly Custom DJ Reviews

68 | Cherry Hill, NJ

68 Reviews for Philly Custom DJ

68 Philly Custom DJ Reviews

Alok · Getting married on 07/20/2019

If you're looking for a DJ for your special event, please look no further. Adam and Philly Custom DJ is exactly who you need to make your special day great. I had a unique event, I was planning a surprise party and surprise proposal for my girlfriends birthday. I researched around and was actually in the process of going with a different DJ service but it didn't feel right with them. I reached out to Adam and it felt right instantly! Adam took the time to make my playlist perfect, making sure we had the right mix of intimate songs along with party songs for everyone to enjoy. I even ran into a problem with my original venue and Adam went above and beyond to help me work through that difficulty and remained flexible for my location choice. We created a wonderful and eclectic playlist which everyone enjoyed. It was the most special day of my life and could not have gone better! I never second guessed my decision and I am extremely picky so in conclusion- you found the right DJ company for the job! They genuinely care and will make your day great!

• Talia

Talia · Married on 09/23/2018

Adam is more than a DJ - he is a wedding guru!

If you’re looking to feel secure, calm, yet still in control of your wedding day, look no further!

Adam at Philly Custom DJ became our wedding guru. He was more than just our DJ and photobooth provider – he was our mentor.

We live in FL but planned our PA wedding from afar. Adam was on top of setting up multiple video chats throughout our wedding planning process. He was there every step of the way, helping us to find our venue and other vendors, creating a wedding timeline, and of course, finalizing our music choices. He advised us about various wedding norms and explained the traditions and alternatives that we could incorporate. He complemented our unique senses of humor and encouraged us to stay true to ourselves. He made decision-making easier and exciting!

He went above and beyond our expectations of a DJ, especially when we were frantically trying to complete the planning process in the last month before the wedding. This is rare in the wedding industry.

Adam is organized, knowledgable, and an excellent communicator. Wedding planning can cause quite a bit of anxiety, but with him on our team of vendors, we were able to feel taken care of yet still in control of our wedding day. We trusted him to choose music based on our unique tastes, and he truly delivered!

We were so pleased with how the music and photobooth worked out. Thank you so much, Adam!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Talia. You and Tony were a pleasure to work with. I loved all the personal touches, like the sand pouring in the ceremony and the slow-motion entry to Chariots of Fire. Glad to have played a part in such a fun and unique wedding!

Danielle · Married on 08/04/2018

Adam was fantastic and he made our wedding absolutely perfect. He was a breeze to work with. From the start, he was extremely responsive. We had a lot of questions, and a lot of last minute changes, and he was great with it all. He took a ton of time over the phone to understand exactly what we wanted our day to look like. He did a great job balancing all our requests with his own recommendations. Day-of, he showed up with all his equipment and set up almost without anyone noticing. He was so professional and friendly--a great guy to work with and have at the wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Dani! Your wedding was beautiful! I'm so glad we were able to do the ceremony outside even though it rained all morning. I was especially happy to see your friends and family on the dance floor. The smiles on your and Dan's parents' faces were priceless. Here's to the happy years to come! Adam

Cody · Married on 06/30/2018

Adam and DJ Alex made our event an excellent time that everyone will remember! Set up pool side, they had the whole party rocking and as night fell the custom light show turned our backyard into a really beautiful scene. I highly recommend you call this professional DJ team, they did an awesome job!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Philly Custom DJ 1

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thanks, Cody! Alex and I had a blast! Great crowd, great setting, killer playlist!

Rachel · Married on 06/23/2018

Adam did an amazing job with our wedding and my husband and I couldn't have been happier! Right away, Adam was so dedicated and organized - I knew we made the right choice hiring Philly Custom DJ. He worked wonderfully with my wedding planner and made the whole process so simple. Adam made sure that we had the exact music that we wanted and nothing else! Couldn't recommend him more... our whole wedding party was on the dance floor the whole night!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! Your wedding was really special. I loved the way you and Ben were able to incorporate elements from your own traditions to create something beautiful. So happy that I could be a part of it. Wishing you continued joy and happiness!

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

I would highly recommend Philly Custom DJ to any couple. Adam was an absolute pleasure to work with. He organized all of our information into a Google spreadsheet so that it was easy to go over suggested music, add more, and ask questions. We also had three phone meetings with him to make sure that we had all the details ready to go and were progressing through the process. Out of everyone we worked with during the planning process, Adam was by far the most responsive and easiest to communicate with. He helped us put together music lists that we and our guests loved, getting to know us and adding in great personal touches. Once the dancing started at our reception, it continued until the very end of the night, with our guests chanting for more! I couldn't be happier with this DJ.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thanks, Jess! It was our pleasure. Your friends and family have such great energy!

Robyn · Married on 05/12/2018

Thank you, Philly Custom DJ! I hired Adam for the photo booth, lighting, and photo montage screen for my daughter’s bat mitzvah. Adam responded quickly to all of my planning questions and offered so many creative ideas. Everyone had a blast with the photo booth! Even my 13-year-old daughter thought he was great and that says a lot! Adam was so easy to work with, incredibly professional, delivered a great product, and I highly recommend him.

Philly Custom DJ 2
    Philly Custom DJ 3

Roey · Married on 05/06/2018

Our wedding was less than a month ago. Now that we are back from our honeymoon and have spoken to almost everyone who was present, it's clear that we made the right choice hiring Adam as our wedding DJ. The dance floor was packed all night long, which is pretty much the most important criteria. In the months before the wedding, Adam was easy to work with for planning. He definitely put in the time to listen to our vision and make it happen. He added personal touches. He made the music selection easy and the results were clear. Young and old, slow and fast songs, everyone was having a great time. You could tell that Adam was into it and feeding off the crowd to keep the party going. Adam and his assistant did a great job preparing and making sure that the transition between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception was flawless. The photobooth was a hit, and it did not keep people away from the dance floor as some might be concerned about. Overall, we are so happy that we chose Philly Custom DJ.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thanks, Roey! It was great to be a part of your wedding. I'll never forget that group of Julie's work friends who were rocking out by my station! They were great! But the icing on the cake were the sweet emails that you and Julie sent the next morning as you were waiting for the plane to take off for your honeymoon. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Wishing you a lifetime of great times together! Love, Adam

Anne · Married on 03/24/2018

We worked with Adam for our wedding in March and he did a wonderful job. His passion and enthusiasm for DJing weddings is truly contagious! My husband and I kept joking that Adam was not only our DJ, but our wedding coordinator too, because he spent so much time with us working out the specific timeline and details of our event. The music selection and overall energy level of our reception was very important to us, so we appreciated that Adam allowed us to play a significant role in curating the music selection via a shared Spotify playlist and a detailed excel spread sheet. In addition to DJing our reception, he provided the sound equipment for our ceremony, which went off w/out a hitch! A friend of mine recently told us how much better our reception was than another she had just recently attended, which she attributed primarily to our DJ and music selection. You can't ask for better feedback than that!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Anne! Your wedding was a blast! I was literally THUNDERSTRUCK!

Joshua · Married on 11/18/2017

Adam went above and beyond. From the moment we hired him, to the week of the event, to the event itself, my wife and I could not have been more impressed with both his customer service and DJing skills. The guests at our party have been asking ever since how we found him and telling us how awesome he made the night!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you, Josh. Your friends know how to have a good time! It was great being a part of your wedding!

Kelly · Married on 11/17/2017

Aside from finding a venue, scoring the perfect DJ for our wedding reception was at the top of our list in the planning process. We wanted someone personable and authentic; someone who really cared about what we wanted music-wise, and didn't gravitate towards "Top 50" playlists.

Adam from Philly Custom DJ is that guy. Through the planning process, he was quick to respond to my (many) emails, stayed totally organized, and we had several video chats to touch base on how things were going. My husband and I appreciated the openness Adam had towards our music choices, yet he offered helpful suggestions to keep us on track with our playlist.

The day of, Adam and his assistant Sam did a straight-up excellent job. Adam kept the wedding party laughing before our announcements to the dance floor and was responsive to any questions I had (like should we have a code gesture in case my father-daughter dance gets painfully long since both my dad and I can't dance??).

During dinner, they played an awesome selection of "deep tracks"—some of our favorite songs you can't really dance to, but are nice to hear. But as soon as dinner was over, people were ready for the dance floor and they were on it for hours! Seeing how happy everyone was and how much fun they were having was the highlight of my night, and Philly Custom DJ made it happen (thanks Adam and Sam!).

I could go on and on about how happy we are with our experience with PCDJ, but you get the point. If you're considering them, I say go for it. You'll be so happy you did.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly! We had such a great time at your wedding. It was great having the opportunity to help make your special day a success. All the best, Adam and Sam

Mason · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Adam was amazing! He took great care of us and helped create a unique experience for our guests. We loved the photobooth! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thank you and Laura for including me in your wedding. Your ceremony was beautiful! Loved the ritual and the live music. Your playlist is still in heavy rotation on my stereo. Stay in touch! Adam

amy · Married on 10/01/2017

Sam provided us with excellent service. In the planning process, he helped us think through all the aspects of the wedding from the ceremony to the last dance. Music is very important to my husband and I, and Sam was able to mix our musical style with lots of fun dance music.

If you’re looking for a DJ that listens to you and has great musical range, look no further! Everyone still talks about how great the music was.

Thank you, Sam!

Philly Custom DJ 9
    Philly Custom DJ 10
    Philly Custom DJ 11

Shari · Married on 09/16/2017

Philly Custom DJ did an amazing job with our wedding! Adam was referred to us by a photographer friend who had been to a wedding he had DJ'd. We are so happy to have found him! From day one he was incredibly organized and really created a great experience for our wedding! And of course, the music was amazing!!!!!! He really made our day that much better by having spent time preparing over a few meetings and phone calls. And we are so happy that we also used him to create our photo booth. Everyone loved it. Thank you Adam and team for helping make our day as special and FUN as it was.

Alec · Married on 08/18/2017

Adam was awesome to work with. He gave us plenty of guidance and suggestions on how to build a personalized playlist and was extremely flexible with any last minute changes we had. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

• Y

Yifat · Married on 07/15/2017

I can pretty much say Adam made our wedding the fun and crazy wedding it was. We got his number from a friend of a friend without really knowing him but he was so helpful and reassuring from the beginning we started actually seeing him as a friend. He gave us the feeling we were his only couple (although we knew he had other events going on at the same time...). He scheduled video calls (since we don't live in the same city) through which he guided us through everything that had to be planned, all via Google Sheets (very convenient). At the wedding Adam quickly learned our guests' preferences (combined with our's of course) and played the right song at the right time, making our mixture of guests all dance and continue to talk about the D.J. the next day.

Andrew · Married on 07/15/2017

Adam was an absolutely amazing DJ! He went well beyond what was required of him for our wedding event in Philadelphia. We had Facetime calls months before the wedding and gradually built up to weekly calls as the wedding approached. I never thought a DJ would be so involved in all aspects of the wedding but Adam was and we are so thankful for that. Regarding music, Adam read the demographics of those dancing most and catered the music to them. Cost wise, I actually would have paid Adam much more for his services given that he helped us with many other aspects of the wedding. Regardless, he is very affordable. I would highly recommend Adam for any event. Really good guy too.

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

Great DJ! Easy to work with, music was about us, night went smoothly, put in a ton of time. Highly recommend!!

Joshua · Married on 06/29/2017

The Philly Custom DJ team was awesome! They were professional and very responsive throughout the whole planning process. On the day of the wedding they were there on time and everything happened on schedule. Adam and Samwise were able to engage our wedding guests and keep the dance floor was packed all night. We’re still getting compliments about the music!

We’re also glad we went with the photobooth. It was a big hit, and looking at the pictures always makes us smile!

I would highly recommend! We love you guys!!!

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Philly Custom DJ 16
    Philly Custom DJ 17
    Philly Custom DJ 18

Philly Custom DJ's reply:

Thanks for including us in your wedding. It was a pleasure working with you and Meredith on making your wedding a success. Your photo booth pictures are a riot! Stay in touch, Adam PS: We've replaced the pirate hook since then.

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2017

Adam was absolutely wonderful to work with. He set up a meeting immediately to discuss all the specifics of our celebration and included a very detailed spreadsheet to review with us on our initial call. It really helped us finalize many aspects of our evening and kept everyone on the same page with our schedule. He was extremely flexible, easy going and paid great attention to the detail required for our big day. We were so happy to work with someone who wanted to be sure our day was as perfect as we hoped for. He was very responsive to all the questions we had and organized a follow-up meeting with us leading up to our celebration to go over any last minute questions. His music was a big hit the entire night and everyone thought he was really great. He followed all our requests and made sure the flow of the evening went smoothly and got people up on the dance floor. He truly went above and beyond to make our day special and we were so pleased we picked him for our special day.

Logan · Married on 05/20/2017

The team was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process as well as during the ceremony. They made sure all of our desires were met and then some. The entertainment and energy was phenomenal and the photo booth was a huge hit. Thanks to Philly Custom DJ for a great experience and excellent addition to our wedding!

Kevin · Married on 04/22/2017

Adam was just the DJ we were looking for for our wedding. We wanted to keep away from some of the more conventional top 40 focused wedding DJs and implement playlists that were more reflective of our tastes. He was extremely receptive to this and worked to generate an awesome set for the wedding. He reads a crowd very well and had something for everyone. Would highly recommend him, especially if you're particular about your music.

Tal · Married on 02/18/2017

defiantly one of the best in his field. Adam from Philly Custom DJ gave us the answer and the results of exactly what we needed to our event. he took the time to sit with us and understand what type of music we want.
    high recommended.

Erin · Married on 11/19/2016

Adam is great! We highly recommend him! He DJed for our 11/2016 wedding. We spoke to him multiple times in the run-up to the wedding and he helped us hand-select songs for the cocktail hour and reception. We didn't want a DJ who was unprofessional or overly familiar on the microphone during the reception, and Adam was perfect. He announced all of the events so things were easy to follow, but never went overboard or took liberties. He made sure that the songs that were most important to us were featured, that everyone's names were said correctly, and that our guests had a great time. He is easy to work with, responsive and flexible. Days before the wedding he even changed the cocktail hour mix when we asked for additional songs. When it came time to dance, our guests were on the dance floor all night. Adam is a great choice - especially for people who love music and want to be involved in the process of choosing the songs. (Of course if that doesn't appeal to you, he'd take your input and run with it - but we got into it and he was incredibly receptive to all of our input and allowed us to be involved in picking songs). We can't say enough good things about Adam.