Phil Thomas Productions Reviews

30 | New Haven, CT

30 Reviews for Phil Thomas Productions

Phil Thomas was the best decision we made for our wedding. Period. He has a talent that is hard to find these days - an extraordinary sense of giving you exactly what you didn't know you wanted. He is not over-bearing and doesn't steal the show, but adds to it. He was able to assess the crowd on the spot and play music that suited our families and our culture. Everyone had something nice to say about him and many of our friends wanted his contact info. He obviously loves what he does and is genuine when it comes to his business. This is professional entertainment brought to a local level and will make any event feel like it is the place to be.

Tom · Married on 09/05/2015

My wife and I had Phil DJ our wedding and loved every minute.
    When I was first looking around for DJs, I asked all my friends for recommendations. I got a few less than stellar recommendations and two standouts. The two glowing recommendations that I got both wound up being for Phil! Two separate people who didn’t know each other and had been to two separate weddings both told me that Phil was the best DJ they had ever seen. Naturally, after hearing this I absolutely had to interview Phil.
    During the interview process, Phil was attentive to our wishes and made some very useful suggestions. He was very clear about how he planned to run the reception and he set our expectations that he “always gets the crowd dancing.” We decided that he was the one for us. He did both the music for our ceremony as well as the reception.
    The wedding day was a blast and just like he promised, Phil got the entire place up and dancing. He did an amazing rendition of Louis Armstrong’s What a Wonderful World that everyone loved. He also had many different activities that kept the guests involved and having fun. This was no small feat considering the guests at the party. My wife was pretty certain that most of her side of the room would be sitting all night. We also had a good amount of guests that aren’t exactly young anymore, but somehow Phil got them all up and having a good time.
    After the wedding was over, I had several people come up to me and remark that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to and how much they loved the DJ. I would highly recommend Phil to anyone looking to have a fun, energetic wedding.

Phil was great!! He did an awesome job with keeping everyone on the dance floor. He was very active in the wedding; he didn't just stand behind his booth. He even did an impersonation.

Sara · Married on 09/21/2013

On the day of our wedding we had one request for Phil - we asked him to make our wedding a party. Phil exceeded our expectations. He not only did an amazing job of pacing the key events of our wedding (entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc.) he also incorporated fun events that got all of our guests out of their chairs and on to the dance floor. Phil did an excellent job creating the perfect atmosphere for our guests and we highly recommend him. The consummate professional, Phil will listen to you and develop the perfect experience for you and your guests for any occasion. Choose Phil Thomas!

Nicholas · Married on 07/13/2013

There aren't enough words to describe Phil's DJ services at our wedding.
    From our first meeting to the last song of the night...he was a professional. His prices are very reasonable for what he gives you. Not only is he a DJ but he also gets everyone out of their chairs the entire night! The initial feedback from our wedding was all about Phil and how great he was. If you really want your wedding to be remembered, hire this guy and don't worry about anything. He is very reasonable with the songs we wanted to be played, and he also has a great taste in songs to keep everything energetic yet elegant at the same time. Once again Phil did a stand up job, and our wedding will always be remembered largely due to this guy!

susan · Married on 10/27/2012

I cant say enough about Phil Thomas and what a fantastic job he did as master of ceremony and dj at our wedding. A big part of our wedding being such a hit with our guests was the fact that he knew how to access the mood and vibe of our invited guests and knew what to do to get everybody participating on dance floor and having the time of their life. his music selection was perfect and all of my guests raved about him being the best dj they had ever seen. If you are getting married or have an upcoming event in which you need a dj, please look no further than Phil Thomas Productions. We love ya Phil!!!

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2012

Phil was an awesome DJ who really made our reception memorable! He got the guests really involved and everyone was on the dance floor all night! He played a variety of musuc so everyone could enjoy themselves. Everyone is still raving at how much fun they had, all thanks to Phil! We would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Adrienne · Married on 10/13/2012

Phil was amazing on our wedding day! He had all our guests out on the dance floor, and dancing the night away. From the first meeting, it was such a relief to know that I wouldn't have to worry about the music, as Phil put us at ease knowing everything would be taken care of, and it was! We got so many compliments on our wedding, and EVERYONE who complimented us said how much fun they had dancing, and how awesome Phil was! He was out in the dance floor, interacting with people and truly setting the tone. He accommodated all of this crazy bride's requests with complete patience and ease! Our wedding day was such a success, and we owe part of that to Phil Thomas Productions!!

David · Married on 09/07/2012

Phil Thomas Productions was the DJ for our wedding on Sept.7,2012. It was an amazing wedding day made possible, in part, by Phil's unique musical stylings and his creative flare for entertainment. Ourselves and our guests could not be happier with the great time had by all!
    Thank you Phil Thomas for the most memorable and exciting wedding ever!
    Much Love,
    David & Sara Gomez

michael · Married on 08/18/2012

Phil Thomas was a professonal responded to all our needs great singing voice too.I would highly recommend him to all my friends and family. Thanks again Phil for making our day wonderful.yours truly Mike and Vanette.

Steve · Married on 08/11/2012

Phil Thomas did an absolute stellar job with our wedding! Everyone at our wedding raved about how good he was. We had reservation that Phil could not meet our expectations and cater to such a diverse group of guests, but he exceeded our expectations beyond belief!! Never have we been to a wedding where people were actually dancing before dinner was served. The energy level was high and our guests enjoyed every minute of it. Phil had an elegant way about him and his voice... the most amazing voice. The guests really enjoyed the entertainment and were pleasantly surprised to see a DJ do more then just stand behind a computer and just play music. I would highly recommend Phil to anyone I know and will definitly use him for events in our future.

Best of luck
    Steve & Cristina Moalli

Colleen · Married on 06/16/2012

I don't think a 5 star rating for Phil is high enough! I could not have asked for a better DJ. He made our wedding reception come to life! We had extended our reception by two hours so that he could keep playing. The reception in total ended up being 7 hours and we could have gone even longer. Our families were on the dance floor the ENTIRE NIGHT. My 86 year old grandfather was dancing all night and had to lay in bed the next day because he was so sore. My father in law told me that he has never seen his brother in law dance and he was on the dance floor all night. Instead of the garter toss, my fiance and I decided to go with an anniversary dance that Phil sometime does. It was nice to see my grandparents win and to give them my throw away bouquet. My fiance and I are sooo happy that we went with Phil and would love to see him again at another event! I will be recommending him to anyone I know!! Thank you so much Phil!

joe · Married on 06/10/2012

Recently, my wife and I wanted to have a party to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our marriage. We wanted to have a fun event for our close friends and relatives. Out of touch in organizing such an event, we asked around for ideas. After booking NHLC for the hall, music and entertainment was next on the agenda. Phil Thomas came highly recommended from a group of our friends. This was the best decision we could have made. We contacted Mr. Thomas and set up an appointment at our home. We were so impressed at the meeting we signed a contract that evening. He thoroughly explained what he does and asked for suggestions. Grace and I requested our wedding song be played and a song for the birth year of our three children. Phil requested everyone get up and make a circle around us as he played ‘Our Song’. Well, that started the party off to an unforgettable event experienced by all. Phil in his own way somehow got my 96 year old aunt, cane and all, up doing a few line dances. The party was three weeks ago, and we are still getting calls from our guests commenting on how much fun they had. Phil Thomas we can’t thank you enough for making our special day even better.

Joe and Grace Minichino

P.S.
    Right after the party, Phil was booked for our son and future daughter in law’s wedding.

• I

Ann-Marie · Married on 06/03/2012

Phil was an amazing DJ who did a wonderful job of entertaining the guests at our recent wedding in Saybrook Point Inn and Spa.

We are based in the UK (I'm Irish and my husband is English) and we had to arrange our wedding by phone and email. I came across Phil’s website and loved that he was an entertainer and DJ, particularly as our wedding was a small intimate affair and I wanted the guests to have fun. Phil was so helpful and from our first conversation I knew he was the right choice for us. Our guests came from a total of 7 different countries so it was important that the DJ was able to create an atmosphere where everyone could get involved and enjoy the dance floor. Phil didn’t let us down!

At our reception, the dance floor was never empty and my guests had big smiles on their faces all evening. It was even suggested that I fly him to Ireland for our second reception at the end of this month - if only we could!

He was extremely professional and we are so pleased we booked him. I would recommend Phil for any bride wanting a memorable wedding reception.

Rocksheng · Married on 06/02/2012

Phil is a great DJ who knows how to work a crowd and keep people dancing and having a good time. All my guests enjoyed the party that he hosted, and several gave me compliments about his skills and choice of music.

Having just had our wedding, it is clear that the DJ is one of the most important elements of a successful reception. People won't remember the food (unless it's terrible) or the flowers (unless they're really ugly) but they will remember whether or not they had a good time. Phil is a master at his craft: he skillfully alternated slow and fast dance sets from different eras so that all the guests would have something to dance to (ranging from 20-somethings jumping up and down to 70-somethings dancing foxtrot). Phil insists on playing his own music and you should listen to him because he knows what he's doing. In addition, he enlivens the party by singing (he does incredible Louis Armstrong and Stevie Wonder impressions) as well as several singing/dancing games (like having the guys strut to "I'm Too Sexy"). Of course, if you're the type of person who likes to control absolutely everything about your wedding, and you just want someone low-key to supervise the playing of your pre-selected songs, then perhaps Phil isn't for you. But if you want an affordable, capable, low-stress DJ who requires minimal supervision and will definitely give you and your guests a good time, then we wholeheartedly recommend him.

Logistic stuff: Phil is easy to reach and to meet with. He dresses professionally. The guy you meet with is the guy DJing your wedding (i.e., you meet with Phil). He is cheaper (!!) than many of the other DJ services.

Sal · Married on 05/26/2012

Phil was a PRO from start to finish. He did a lot more than we wanted him to do, and much more than we expected. He involved our guests throughout, and every single guest complimented us on our entertainment choice. He obviously cares about the audience, is in tune with what it takes to keep his audience entertained, and doesn't have much down time. I would recommend him to anyone I knew for any event. He was GREAT

Susan · Married on 03/17/2012

After meeting with other DJs, I found Phil Thomas through Wedding Wire and clicked on his website. I liked what I saw when I viewed the videos from previous weddings he had done, but was a little skeptical because he didn't have as many reviews as other DJs on the site. I’m so glad I followed my instincts! Upon meeting with Phil in person, my fiancée and I immediately decided that he was the DJ we wanted to use. He was professional, knew his craft and had a very cool confidence about his DJ skills. We also liked that he didn’t just play songs, but interacted with the crowd, sings (yes, he sings and has a great voice!) and gets guests to sing.

During the cocktail hour, I had a few guests tell me they had seen him perform at other weddings and with his band and that he was fabulous. I had my fingers crossed that he would provide an equal performance at our wedding. Did he ever deliver!

He began working the crowd with his singing immediately following dinner and had people up and dancing for a full seven hours. Subsequent to our wedding, we got so many compliments from our guests on Phil. Many said they had never danced so much at a wedding before. Phil was crucial to the success of our wedding by getting everyone, young and not so young, to dance, sing and let loose. If we had gone with another DJ, I’m convinced the dynamic would have been very different and family and friends wouldn’t be asking us to renew our vows annually so they can come to another of our weddings.

I would highly recommend Phil to anyone who is looking to make their wedding a very memorable event for them and their guests. Cheers!

Cassandra · Married on 12/22/2011

Phil was amazing and our day more enjoyable and even more special. He kept the guests happy and made sure everyone was having a good time. He was able to read the crowd and gauge what the reception needed. I simply gave him and idea of what we wanted and he made it happen.

AnnMay · Married on 12/02/2011

Want an epic wedding?! Phil Thomas is pure energy. His entertainment was a class act and brought electrifying connection and brilliance.
    Give him a go- you WON'T be disappointed!

James · Married on 09/17/2011

Phil not only provides excellent DJ service during the wedding he also sings to the audience and meets several times before the wedding to make sure he has provided the best service possible for the client.

Kimberly · Married on 04/23/2011

Phil was amazing! The one thing I wanted for the wedding was for everyone to dance and have and awesome time and he gave us that x100! We had so many compliments on his work and people kept telling us it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. I would definitely recommend Phil to anyone looking to have an awesome time!

• F

flo · Married on 10/22/2010

Phil was excellent-he was a true professional who knows how to keep the party going and the people alive--He was able to honor all requests and guests were always on the dance floor-- Phil you are the best.

Flo Crisci

Cynthia · Married on 07/30/2009

For our wedding we hired Phil Thomas Productions and got the band and DJ package. Both the Solid Gold band and Phil were wonderful! Everyone told us how much fun they had at our wedding and how great our band was. They did a great job and were worth every penny we spent! Phil had a great personality and truly kept our guests entertained no matter if they were 5 or 75 years old! They are all awsome!

Lisa · Married on 07/18/2008

This band kept all my guests dancing the entire night. They were excellent. They played a great mix of music and everybody loved them.

Tony · Married on 10/16/2004

As a former DJ you can imagine selecting the right DJ was an important part of the selection process for our wedding. It was arduous to say the least. I considered myself a good wedding DJ and I expected the same from my choice. I can whole heartedly say Phil was absolutely phenomenal and exceeded all my expectations. Most DJs are concerned with making sure the entertainment is the latter half of your wedding. With Phil he made sure he kept everyone entertained throughout the entire wedding. Most venues will argue that the food is the most important part of your wedding, I respectfully disagree and say that your entertainment is absolutely the most important aspect, second to your vows of course. If you're looking for a memorable entertainer that is involved from beginning to end, cares about making sure things go as well as you imagined and whose sole purpose is to go above and beyond your expectations I would highly recommend choosing Phil and the solid gold band. I can only hope he's still around when my wife and I celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Tony and Randi Sanchez