77 Reviews for Phase5

Projector (3)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Sample Music (1)
Liability Insurance (1)

Phase 5 did an amazing job at our wedding. Josh Walther was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire process. We used them for the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception. The band did a great job throughout the night making sure everyone was dancing. Everyone loved their energy and played music from a variety of decades. We had a lot of guests comment on how awesome they were. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. They even let some of our bridal party participate, even though we were awful. Phase 5 was awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Lacey, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We loved having Phase 5 at our Wedding! Josh Walther was amazing to work with, he was very responsive and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. We used Phase 5 throughout Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception, and we had very unique requests, they were able to learn the songs for us. Josh and the band knocked it out of the park during our first dance. It was such a special moment, one of my all-time favorites from our Wedding that I will cherish forever. Everyone loved their energy and vibe, our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. I am so grateful to have had Phase 5 at our Reception, they were absolutely fantastic!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/17/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you have the opportunity (privilege, really) of seeing Phase5 live, you aren't reading my review - you're booking them. This review is for people like my husband and I who hired them for our destination wedding and weren't able to see them live before our big day. We relied on reviews and videos and were pretty sure we were getting a great band, but we still didn't know just how PHENOMENAL they'd be until the day. Our guests are still talking about the band and even asking if they'll play weddings up here in New York. I felt like you could tell from the videos that they had two amazingly talented vocalists, but it wasn't until they were live that we realized how much talent was on that whole stage. Just true musical talent, professionalism and pride -- not to mention a cohesive group that was super fun while always professional. Before the big day, the two factors that put me over the top were the live videos (it's 2017 we understand that live recordings are not going to sound like studio recordings, but when bands only offer to show off studio sounds I take caution - and I'm glad I did, Phase5 is all about showing off their real work on stage) and Josh's personal responses (again, I understand that managing a band is a full time job and I can't imagine how a band member does it, but it really adds something when you have a direct line of communication into the band itself -- I still can't believe how responsive Josh was (if you think this review is long, you can imagine how many long and detailed emails I sent)). But seeing the band live was simply amazing! They played such an awesome show for our wedding we even cut out the cake cutting to get more music and dancing in. The crowd pretty much demanded it. Everyone in the crowd -- from members of bands to little kids to my father who thought we were crazy for spending more than $1,000 on a band to partners at my law firm who regularly hear $30,000+ bands at fancy galas and charity events -- was beyond impressed!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/20/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Just do It! It's two weeks after the wedding and guests are still talking about the band. Dance floor was full all night! They never took a break the entire reception. We did add a sax player and Josh managed that for us. Had a great time.

Profile Picture patrice, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Phase 5 did an absolutely fantastic job at my wedding. They kept everyone dancing all night. They appealed to all ages, which was fantastic. They were one of the BEST decisions I made during the wedding planning process. Josh was also so great to work with - he made it extremely easy. The band went with everything the day of - they even accommodated a guest that jumped on stage to rap - which was awesome. A true professional band with great quality music. I had so many people ask for their contact information after my wedding. If you can, hire Phase 5 - you will not be disappointed. Thank you all!

Profile Picture Kristina, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Josh Walther was so easy to communicate with from the beginning, that there was actually no need to even meet until the afternoon of the wedding. Knowing the Phase5 band’s wonderful reputation, I had no concern about the music ~ we just had a few other small decisions to make, such as set up, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, etc.

The wedding was held at an estate and a bit challenging due to the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing being held in different locations. There were a couple of unexpected hurdles, and even though we never discussed a resolution, Josh was flexible and forward thinking and made the music happen when it was appropriate to do so!

The band was able to appeal to the multi-generational span of guests at the family wedding. Phase5 plays a wide variety of music… our wedding music spanned from Dean Martin and Sinatra to 21st-century pop and even a little country. Once the party got started, it didn’t end! People we didn’t expect to see on the dance floor were dancing. And everyone was smiling.

Our guests complimented the band all night, and now, a week and a half later, I’m still getting calls asking about the band! Who are they? Where did you find them? And, “That band MADE the wedding!”!!!

Josh Walther and the Phase5 band typically has a few free events that they appear at during the year. Check them out! You’ll be so glad that you did!

We just can’t wait until the next large family event!

Thank you, Phase5 for providing the perfect music for such a memorable evening!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/19/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Someone at our wedding came up to me and said "I didn't know a wedding band could actually be good. This band defies the wedding band stereotype, like what you see in The Wedding Singer." I think that says it all. Our guests absolutely raved about Phase 5. They are true professionals and so incredibly talented. Their versatility is amazing and they have a huge list of songs they can play.

They played for our cocktail hour and then 3 hours straight (!!!) during the reception. The dance floor was packed the entire time, they read the crowd so well, and for the end of the night Josh did a fantastic job DJing based on the musical genres I requested.

They also went above and beyond what we expected and saved us from a wedding disaster. We had a steel drummer booked to play during our ceremony. When he didn't show up until 5 minutes before our ceremony was starting, Phase 5 jumped right in and handled the music for when guests were arriving and during the ceremony.

As for me? I was already a huge fan, having seen them perform in Tampa for years. For that reason, I chose my wedding date based on when Phase 5 was available and I booked them within a week of getting engaged. They traveled all the way to the Keys for our wedding, too.

If you want a band at your wedding, this is who you need to hire. Be sure to act fast because they are in high demand -- they were doing 4 weddings the weekend of our wedding!

Profile Picture Kerry, 3/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Best wedding band in Florida! Book them ASAP!! They absolutely killed it at our wedding. All of our guests raved about the band. We've been to weddings all over the state and we heard them at a friend's wedding in St. Pete and after we auditioned dozens of bands we were so excited that they took our gig all the way in Miami. Josh and the whole band are the epitome of professional. From the ceremony, reception, lighting, song selection, execution, and MCing they CRUSHED it. Highly recommend this band!

Profile Picture Andrew, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Don't hesitate for a moment...book Phase5 for your wedding and your guests will thank you! They recently played our wedding in early November and by the end of the evening, the compliments were abundant! Our goal was to host a memorable event for our family and friends and Phase5 helped us deliver on that. Josh is the ultimate professional. He was super easy to work with, very responsive and offered great suggestions that helped shaped our reception. Selecting Phase5 for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! No doubt you'll feel the same way if you go with them.

Profile Picture Karen, 11/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Josh and Phase5 were the hit of our wedding! I am still getting compliments on how wonderful they were and how much fun people had dancing. They played during our cocktail hour, dinner (quiet music), and all through the open dancing with only a 10 min break once! They had an awesome mix of fast and slow and kept people out there. Excellent communication and flexibility for anything that I wanted to make it special and perfect! Also rented uplighting from them, which had an extra flare!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/1/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

We used Phase5 for our August 2016 wedding.

100% recommend. Zero effort - these guys are true professionals and know how to do a wedding. They were the #1 compliment we received from guests. No need to look anywhere else... they are truly the best in town.

Thank you, Phase5!! We had a fabulous time dancing to your music at our wedding!

Profile Picture User6677310, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Phase5 seriously made our wedding day! Josh was super easy to work with and very responsive whenever we reached out to him prior to the wedding. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening, which was exactly what we wanted. We still have guests raving about how great the band was! Super talented group of individuals and we can't wait to work with them again for my sister's wedding in 2 months!

Profile Picture Katy, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Josh and Phase 5 were absolute perfection! I had an untraditional wedding where the "ceremony" basically took place after the reception had already started and Phase 5 hit every note perfectly! They played as guests arrived, as I walked down the aisle, after our kiss and into the night as we celebrated with lots of beer! It also must be mentioned: They are so talented! The voices, the song choices, the remixes! They are THE BEST band in the Bay Area, hands down!

Profile Picture Alison, 4/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Phase5 is hands down the best live band for a wedding. So many of my guests spoke to me specifically about how great the band was. Josh was super easy to work with and get in touch with. When I was unsure about our first dance song, he provided some great recommendations based on his experience. We wanted to do 1/2 a slow song then go right into a fast song so everyone could join in. It was perfect. We also went nontraditional where we did the first dances after dinner. Since we wanted our guests to join in, we wanted them to feel a little more loose after a little time at the bar. Since their forms are all online and re-loadable, I was able to spend a lot of time brainstorming the different options before I submitted my final choices. I highly recommend Phase5 band for any occasion.

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Josh Walther and his Phase 5 band is fantastic. They played at our daughter's wedding...and from my first email to him until the end of the evening...he was responsive, attentive, fun to work with, very professional and the talent of that band is unmatched. No doubt, the best band and we would not hesitate to hire them again. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jackie, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, MC, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

Absolutely awesome. Played non stop throughout the evening. Never deejay. Guests danced the night away.

Profile Picture Carol, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Sample Music, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones

So happy with our decision to have Phase5 be involved in all the elements of our wedding. We had an acoustic guitar for the ceremony, a sax player at the cocktail hour, and the full band for the reception.

These are unbelievably talented folks. They read the crowd perfectly and delivered an amazing entertainment experience, start to finish. Our guests are still raving about the music, weeks after our wedding.

On top of outstanding music, Josh was extremely easy to work with, promote, and very kind. We loved him.

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

You MUST choose Phase5 as your reception band! They are so incredibly talented and add the right amount of class to the wedding. We had all ages out on the dance floor and complimenting the band all through the night- and still a month later, they are still a topic of conversation! My dad, who has played in bands all his life and a tough critic (and this band was admittedly not his first choice!), raved about the band and thought they were incredibly talented. It didn't hurt either that he bragged to all of his friends about how they played with Paul McCartney a couple of months back. :) They even did a special rendition of "I've Just Seen a Face" by the Beatles for our first dance and it was absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend Phase5 for any reception as the perfect accent to the evening!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/27/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

We absolutely loved Phase 5! Josh and his team did an amazing performance at our wedding! We had the Jazz trio during our cocktail reception and the band played all night! They learnt 2 special songs and Josh was excellent at introducing the bridal party and the different moments of the night such as cake cutting etc.
The singers have amazing voices and they have a wide repertoire of songs that appeals to everyone! All of our guests loved the band and we still get tons of compliments about them. We have photos and videos of us and guests having so much fun, it was incredible!
Josh was extremely easy to work with and was always very responsive. They are in high demand so book quickly! They are worth every penny and I would not hesitate to recommend them!

Profile Picture Elise, 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired Phase 5 to play at my wedding at the Vinoy Renaissance. They were awesome and worth every penny! We could not be more pleased with their performance and professionalism....Josh was so easily going and wonderful to work with. They kept the partying going all night and the dance floor packed. I have heard nothing but great comments back how wonderful they were. So HAPPY we booked them!:)

Profile Picture User4942467, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

This band was absolutely amazing. Josh was hugely accommodating and offered great advice and recommendations before our wedding. They were flexible during the reception with random song requests and changes in our time line. All of our guests complimented them hugely. We would not have changed a thing and we highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Super talented group that has depth to play several genre catering to all ages. We received so many compliments about the band and music selection from a very seasoned wedding crowd. They exceeded any expectations and I would not hesitate to book them! The music is the soul of the reception and this band owned it!

Profile Picture Mike, 1/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

The band was amazing and I am so impressed with their customer service. Worth every penny. They kept the party going and the dance floor was packed all night!

Profile Picture Mary, 12/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Book them! Don't even bother finish reading this review. Contact them now. Over your budget? Shift your funds around and try to make it work. Phase5 is so talented, hot and they book up really fast! You will not find a better group. Their music videos don't do them justice. My mom and her friends went to go check them out at one of their concerts and instantly became fans. They liked them so much they went to a couple of their performances around Tampa.
I contacted them for information on availability for a specific date. Josh emailed me back right-away. Turns out the only date open was my wedding date. Hallelujah! We chose to go with the 6-piece band and LED uplighting package. Best money spent (besides the open bar). They will be your "wedding Emcee", give you lists of songs they know, allow you to create a "do/do not play" list and will learn one new song of your choice. Guests were all over the dance floor. People kept talking about how amazing they were. For our first dance, we asked Phase5 to learn "Latch" by Sam Smith (the acoustic version). It was incredible. Josh and Samantha could sing the encyclopedia and I would be floored by their performance. The entire band was so nice and easy going. Just let them do their thing and they will make your party one of the most talked about events of the year. You can't beat LIVE music.
The LED lighting they offer is such a great deal. We chose purple. If you're looking for lighting get it through them (Inspire Entertainment). It was very affordable compared to other businesses. Plus, they take care of the setup and take down. You don't need to worry about it. Book them. It will be the second best thing you agreed to (besides getting married).

Profile Picture Cheryl, 11/22/14, 2 Reviews