Phase5 Reviews

80 | Tampa, FL

80 Reviews for Phase5

Courtney · Married on 11/24/2018

Phase5 is the best band ever!

Best night of our lives! We never wanted the band to stop playing...they were AMAZING! Every single one of the guests at our wedding were on the dance floor. Josh and Robyn's voices are amazing! Josh sang my first dance song and loved it even more than the original! So many compliments from the guests about the band. During the planning process Josh was so organized, friendly and accommodating. Wish we could do it all over again so we could have such a fun night with Josh Walther and the Phase5 Band...thank you!!!!

Courtney Blount · Married on 11/24/2018

Best band ever!

We never wanted the band to stop playing! The dance floor was packed the entire night. Josh and Robyn are FABULOUS! Their voices are so powerful. Josh sang my first dance song and I was blown away at his voice, he is so much better than the original artist...everyone loved it! So many compliments from the guests about the band. During the planning process Josh was so organized, friendly and accommodating. Wish we could do it all over again so we could have such a fun night with Josh Walther and the Phase5 Band...thank you so much!!!

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/17/2018

We Never Stopped Dancing!

Our feet were so sore from dancing all night! We loved Josh and Phase 5-they played both modern and classic hits, and they knew exactly what would get everyone on the dance floor. They made the wedding so much fun and we would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. They created quite a buzz in Venice--everyone wanted to know who they were! Look no further!

Lacey · Married on 05/19/2018

Phase 5 did an amazing job at our wedding. Josh Walther was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire process. We used them for the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception. The band did a great job throughout the night making sure everyone was dancing. Everyone loved their energy and played music from a variety of decades. We had a lot of guests comment on how awesome they were. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. They even let some of our bridal party participate, even though we were awful. Phase 5 was awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Lauren · Married on 12/17/2017

We loved having Phase 5 at our Wedding! Josh Walther was amazing to work with, he was very responsive and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. We used Phase 5 throughout Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception, and we had very unique requests, they were able to learn the songs for us. Josh and the band knocked it out of the park during our first dance. It was such a special moment, one of my all-time favorites from our Wedding that I will cherish forever. Everyone loved their energy and vibe, our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. I am so grateful to have had Phase 5 at our Reception, they were absolutely fantastic!

• Christina

Christina · Married on 05/20/2017

If you have the opportunity (privilege, really) of seeing Phase5 live, you aren't reading my review - you're booking them. This review is for people like my husband and I who hired them for our destination wedding and weren't able to see them live before our big day. We relied on reviews and videos and were pretty sure we were getting a great band, but we still didn't know just how PHENOMENAL they'd be until the day. Our guests are still talking about the band and even asking if they'll play weddings up here in New York. I felt like you could tell from the videos that they had two amazingly talented vocalists, but it wasn't until they were live that we realized how much talent was on that whole stage. Just true musical talent, professionalism and pride -- not to mention a cohesive group that was super fun while always professional. Before the big day, the two factors that put me over the top were the live videos (it's 2017 we understand that live recordings are not going to sound like studio recordings, but when bands only offer to show off studio sounds I take caution - and I'm glad I did, Phase5 is all about showing off their real work on stage) and Josh's personal responses (again, I understand that managing a band is a full time job and I can't imagine how a band member does it, but it really adds something when you have a direct line of communication into the band itself -- I still can't believe how responsive Josh was (if you think this review is long, you can imagine how many long and detailed emails I sent)). But seeing the band live was simply amazing! They played such an awesome show for our wedding we even cut out the cake cutting to get more music and dancing in. The crowd pretty much demanded it. Everyone in the crowd -- from members of bands to little kids to my father who thought we were crazy for spending more than $1,000 on a band to partners at my law firm who regularly hear $30,000+ bands at fancy galas and charity events -- was beyond impressed!

patrice · Married on 05/19/2017

Just do It! It's two weeks after the wedding and guests are still talking about the band. Dance floor was full all night! They never took a break the entire reception. We did add a sax player and Josh managed that for us. Had a great time.

Kristina · Married on 03/25/2017

Phase 5 did an absolutely fantastic job at my wedding. They kept everyone dancing all night. They appealed to all ages, which was fantastic. They were one of the BEST decisions I made during the wedding planning process. Josh was also so great to work with - he made it extremely easy. The band went with everything the day of - they even accommodated a guest that jumped on stage to rap - which was awesome. A true professional band with great quality music. I had so many people ask for their contact information after my wedding. If you can, hire Phase 5 - you will not be disappointed. Thank you all!

Kimberly · Married on 03/19/2017

Josh Walther was so easy to communicate with from the beginning, that there was actually no need to even meet until the afternoon of the wedding. Knowing the Phase5 band’s wonderful reputation, I had no concern about the music ~ we just had a few other small decisions to make, such as set up, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, etc.

The wedding was held at an estate and a bit challenging due to the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing being held in different locations. There were a couple of unexpected hurdles, and even though we never discussed a resolution, Josh was flexible and forward thinking and made the music happen when it was appropriate to do so!

The band was able to appeal to the multi-generational span of guests at the family wedding. Phase5 plays a wide variety of music… our wedding music spanned from Dean Martin and Sinatra to 21st-century pop and even a little country. Once the party got started, it didn’t end! People we didn’t expect to see on the dance floor were dancing. And everyone was smiling.

Our guests complimented the band all night, and now, a week and a half later, I’m still getting calls asking about the band! Who are they? Where did you find them? And, “That band MADE the wedding!”!!!

Josh Walther and the Phase5 band typically has a few free events that they appear at during the year. Check them out! You’ll be so glad that you did!

We just can’t wait until the next large family event!

Thank you, Phase5 for providing the perfect music for such a memorable evening!

Kerry · Married on 03/18/2017

Someone at our wedding came up to me and said "I didn't know a wedding band could actually be good. This band defies the wedding band stereotype, like what you see in The Wedding Singer." I think that says it all. Our guests absolutely raved about Phase 5. They are true professionals and so incredibly talented. Their versatility is amazing and they have a huge list of songs they can play.

They played for our cocktail hour and then 3 hours straight (!!!) during the reception. The dance floor was packed the entire time, they read the crowd so well, and for the end of the night Josh did a fantastic job DJing based on the musical genres I requested.

They also went above and beyond what we expected and saved us from a wedding disaster. We had a steel drummer booked to play during our ceremony. When he didn't show up until 5 minutes before our ceremony was starting, Phase 5 jumped right in and handled the music for when guests were arriving and during the ceremony.

As for me? I was already a huge fan, having seen them perform in Tampa for years. For that reason, I chose my wedding date based on when Phase 5 was available and I booked them within a week of getting engaged. They traveled all the way to the Keys for our wedding, too.

If you want a band at your wedding, this is who you need to hire. Be sure to act fast because they are in high demand -- they were doing 4 weddings the weekend of our wedding!

Andrew · Married on 01/15/2017

Best wedding band in Florida! Book them ASAP!! They absolutely killed it at our wedding. All of our guests raved about the band. We've been to weddings all over the state and we heard them at a friend's wedding in St. Pete and after we auditioned dozens of bands we were so excited that they took our gig all the way in Miami. Josh and the whole band are the epitome of professional. From the ceremony, reception, lighting, song selection, execution, and MCing they CRUSHED it. Highly recommend this band!

Karen · Married on 11/11/2016

Don't hesitate for a moment...book Phase5 for your wedding and your guests will thank you! They recently played our wedding in early November and by the end of the evening, the compliments were abundant! Our goal was to host a memorable event for our family and friends and Phase5 helped us deliver on that. Josh is the ultimate professional. He was super easy to work with, very responsive and offered great suggestions that helped shaped our reception. Selecting Phase5 for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! No doubt you'll feel the same way if you go with them.

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Josh and Phase5 were the hit of our wedding! I am still getting compliments on how wonderful they were and how much fun people had dancing. They played during our cocktail hour, dinner (quiet music), and all through the open dancing with only a 10 min break once! They had an awesome mix of fast and slow and kept people out there. Excellent communication and flexibility for anything that I wanted to make it special and perfect! Also rented uplighting from them, which had an extra flare!

Kaci · Married on 08/13/2016

We used Phase5 for our August 2016 wedding.

100% recommend. Zero effort - these guys are true professionals and know how to do a wedding. They were the #1 compliment we received from guests. No need to look anywhere else... they are truly the best in town.

Thank you, Phase5!! We had a fabulous time dancing to your music at our wedding!

Katy · Married on 05/21/2016

Phase5 seriously made our wedding day! Josh was super easy to work with and very responsive whenever we reached out to him prior to the wedding. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening, which was exactly what we wanted. We still have guests raving about how great the band was! Super talented group of individuals and we can't wait to work with them again for my sister's wedding in 2 months!

Alison · Married on 04/25/2016

Josh and Phase 5 were absolute perfection! I had an untraditional wedding where the "ceremony" basically took place after the reception had already started and Phase 5 hit every note perfectly! They played as guests arrived, as I walked down the aisle, after our kiss and into the night as we celebrated with lots of beer! It also must be mentioned: They are so talented! The voices, the song choices, the remixes! They are THE BEST band in the Bay Area, hands down!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/05/2016

Phase5 is hands down the best live band for a wedding. So many of my guests spoke to me specifically about how great the band was. Josh was super easy to work with and get in touch with. When I was unsure about our first dance song, he provided some great recommendations based on his experience. We wanted to do 1/2 a slow song then go right into a fast song so everyone could join in. It was perfect. We also went nontraditional where we did the first dances after dinner. Since we wanted our guests to join in, we wanted them to feel a little more loose after a little time at the bar. Since their forms are all online and re-loadable, I was able to spend a lot of time brainstorming the different options before I submitted my final choices. I highly recommend Phase5 band for any occasion.

Jackie · Married on 02/20/2016

Josh Walther and his Phase 5 band is fantastic. They played at our daughter's wedding...and from my first email to him until the end of the evening...he was responsive, attentive, fun to work with, very professional and the talent of that band is unmatched. No doubt, the best band and we would not hesitate to hire them again. Highly recommend!

Carol · Married on 01/16/2016

Absolutely awesome. Played non stop throughout the evening. Never deejay. Guests danced the night away.

Taylor · Married on 11/07/2015

So happy with our decision to have Phase5 be involved in all the elements of our wedding. We had an acoustic guitar for the ceremony, a sax player at the cocktail hour, and the full band for the reception.

These are unbelievably talented folks. They read the crowd perfectly and delivered an amazing entertainment experience, start to finish. Our guests are still raving about the music, weeks after our wedding.

On top of outstanding music, Josh was extremely easy to work with, promote, and very kind. We loved him.

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

You MUST choose Phase5 as your reception band! They are so incredibly talented and add the right amount of class to the wedding. We had all ages out on the dance floor and complimenting the band all through the night- and still a month later, they are still a topic of conversation! My dad, who has played in bands all his life and a tough critic (and this band was admittedly not his first choice!), raved about the band and thought they were incredibly talented. It didn't hurt either that he bragged to all of his friends about how they played with Paul McCartney a couple of months back. :) They even did a special rendition of "I've Just Seen a Face" by the Beatles for our first dance and it was absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend Phase5 for any reception as the perfect accent to the evening!!!

Elise · Married on 04/25/2015

We absolutely loved Phase 5! Josh and his team did an amazing performance at our wedding! We had the Jazz trio during our cocktail reception and the band played all night! They learnt 2 special songs and Josh was excellent at introducing the bridal party and the different moments of the night such as cake cutting etc.
    The singers have amazing voices and they have a wide repertoire of songs that appeals to everyone! All of our guests loved the band and we still get tons of compliments about them. We have photos and videos of us and guests having so much fun, it was incredible!
    Josh was extremely easy to work with and was always very responsive. They are in high demand so book quickly! They are worth every penny and I would not hesitate to recommend them!

We hired Phase 5 to play at my wedding at the Vinoy Renaissance. They were awesome and worth every penny! We could not be more pleased with their performance and professionalism....Josh was so easily going and wonderful to work with. They kept the partying going all night and the dance floor packed. I have heard nothing but great comments back how wonderful they were. So HAPPY we booked them!:)

Alexandra · Married on 03/14/2015

This band was absolutely amazing. Josh was hugely accommodating and offered great advice and recommendations before our wedding. They were flexible during the reception with random song requests and changes in our time line. All of our guests complimented them hugely. We would not have changed a thing and we highly recommend them.