Phase5 Reviews

92 | Tampa, FL

92 Reviews for Phase5

• Chandra C Carlson · Married on 11/23/2019

The best band!

Josh, with Phase 5 Band, was a joy to work with, he was quick to respond to my endless questions and made me feel at ease. I couldn’t have asked for a better band... great musicians, amazing vocals, they were exceptional from start to finish. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall Kline · Married on 11/16/2019

Kline/Alcocer Wedding November 16

Thank you Phase5 for making our wedding experience the best ever! Such amazing talent in your band! Such a variety of music performed with excellence and professionalism!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Alison

Alison Williams · Married on 11/02/2019

Highly recommend!

Josh and The Phase5 Band are incredible, and they kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night! Everyone raved about the music, and our guests still talk about how much fun they had. Josh is super easy to work with and keeps you updated every step of the way – you can tell he really goes above and beyond for all of his clients!

Sent on 04/29/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Where do I begin with Phase 5 Band?! They are WONDERFUL. Not only are they great performers, but they are so easy to work with as well! Josh is very organized and communicative. They were able to do a 'private last dance' song for my husband and I, which was so sweet and special. They had EVERYONE out on the dance floor - it was never empty! All of our guests are still talking about how awesome the band was! Everyone had such a fun time singing along and dancing (they play a great selection of songs - none of the cheesy ones!). Would 1000% recommend choosing Phase 5 - you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Phase5's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We loved being a part of your special night. You guys were a blast!!!!!
  • Julie

Julie Kellner · Married on 09/09/2019

Best band ever

The whole band is absolut perfect.
    They are professional and wonderful singers
    Every song goes deep in your heart, with so many love and feelings
    The songslist was mixed, so there are songs for all❤️
    They looks amazing , the band is amazing and the singers perfect

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Helton · Married on 07/27/2019

Bandemic!

Our wedding overcame a lot in order to happen and having Josh, Robyn, and his oh so amazingly talented band was just icing on the cake. The guitarist played for our wedding ceremony and the cocktail hour was just a peak of what was to come! Our guests were dancing so hard and nobody wanted the party to end. I did not need to send a playlist because Josh and the band knew just how to keep the party going! I can't say enough amazing things about them and how blessed we were to have them as part of the amazing memories for our big day! Please, if you want the best band for the buck, book these guys and hope they're available because it's oh so worth it!!!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2020

Kayla · Married on 06/07/2019

Best part of the entire wedding!

After searching for the best bands in the Tampa area, we came across Phase 5 and immediately fell in love with their style and sound. Upon reaching out, we heard back from Josh within hours. He was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and made sure to answer all of my crazy questions. They arrived early to set up, played through the entire night without any breaks, and even surprised us with performing the groom and mother first dance song live rather than playing the recording as we thought it would be a DJ song since it wasn't on their playlist. His team is beyond unbelievable! The guests and staff of the hotel not at the wedding kept asking guests if this was a recording or an actual live band as each song sounded perfect. When you thought they nailed one song, they'd start the next and perform it even better than the one before. Throughout the night and the next day, all anyone could talk about was how amazing the band was. If you are thinking of adding a band to your wedding, Josh and Phase 5 are well worth it and will make your wedding unforgettable. Thank you Josh for a night we will never forget!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Phase5's reply:

We absolutely loved playing for you guys. Such a fun group. Thanks for your kind words and for giving us the opportunity to play for you!
  • Camille

Camille · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing jams!

My husband and I are both huge music fans so knew we wanted a talented band at our wedding. Phase 5 was the very first vendor that we hired over a year in advance of our wedding. After watching some of their YouTube, I basically wanted to start dancing in my living room. They did not disappoint! Throughout the process they were quick to respond and professional and at the wedding they were amazing! So many of my guests commented on how great the music was! They knew just how to read the crowd to put on the exact performance that we wanted! Josh and the whole band were incredible. Thank you thank you!!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Phase5's reply:

Camille, It was an honor to be a part of your wedding. It was such a fantastic night. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your night.
  • KATIE

KATIE BELUSA · Married on 04/06/2019

THE wedding band! Simply the best!

Pro tip: book live music for your wedding. Extra pro tip: book Phase5 Band! Josh and his team were amazing from the very first inquiry until the very last song. Josh is super responsive and organized and answered all of my 200 questions (literally) in the planning process; they even learned a few songs that we had requested! I knew that they were going to be great, but they still blew me out of the water! They sounded incredible and played every song at the perfect time - they really know how to work a crowd! People are still telling me how much they loved the band and our wedding was almost a month ago! Josh and his team also provide the music for your ceremony and cocktail hour, in addition to the reception, which makes things so simple and stress free as well. I really can't recommend them highly enough - I promise you won't regret booking them!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Phase5's reply:

Katie! We loved playing for you. Thank you so much for dancing all night. We had a blast with you guys. Thanks for having us.

Carol · Married on 02/16/2019

Fabulous band!!!!

I just wanted to tell you that from one musician to another you guys were fabulous. Thank You for making our daughters special day special, and her New Father In Laws day incredible having him join in on a song. Nothing but compliments from our guests.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Phase5's reply:

Carol! We loved playing for your family. Thank you for having us. It was such a treat to have him join us to play. Such a fun and memorable night.
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 12/30/2018

The best band!

BEST DECISION EVER! The band truly made the night. We are very into music and had a lot of special request all of which were handled with ease. You can tell the band really enjoys performing and the female vocalist is out of this world. Highly recommend adding in some additional interments. We had the guitar for the ceremony as well as the sax which made for complete sound. Josh was very easy to get in contact with and was very accommodating to learning our first dance song. Great to work with such professional talent. We had a hot humid night and they played with only one break and kept the energy up. Very reasonably priced, we live up North and expected to pay much more for level of performance. Thanks phase5, we hope to hear you again soon!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Phase5's reply:

We loved playing for you guys Brian! Thank you for the kind words. It was a great night. Thanks for having us.

Courtney · Married on 11/24/2018

Phase5 is the best band ever!

Best night of our lives! We never wanted the band to stop playing...they were AMAZING! Every single one of the guests at our wedding were on the dance floor. Josh and Robyn's voices are amazing! Josh sang my first dance song and loved it even more than the original! So many compliments from the guests about the band. During the planning process Josh was so organized, friendly and accommodating. Wish we could do it all over again so we could have such a fun night with Josh Walther and the Phase5 Band...thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Phase5's reply:

It was such a great night! Thank you so much for having us. Such an honor to be a part of your wedding. Thanks again.

Courtney Blount · Married on 11/24/2018

Best band ever!

We never wanted the band to stop playing! The dance floor was packed the entire night. Josh and Robyn are FABULOUS! Their voices are so powerful. Josh sang my first dance song and I was blown away at his voice, he is so much better than the original artist...everyone loved it! So many compliments from the guests about the band. During the planning process Josh was so organized, friendly and accommodating. Wish we could do it all over again so we could have such a fun night with Josh Walther and the Phase5 Band...thank you so much!!!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/17/2018

We Never Stopped Dancing!

Our feet were so sore from dancing all night! We loved Josh and Phase 5-they played both modern and classic hits, and they knew exactly what would get everyone on the dance floor. They made the wedding so much fun and we would highly recommend them for any wedding or event. They created quite a buzz in Venice--everyone wanted to know who they were! Look no further!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Phase5's reply:

We loved being a part of your wedding! It was so beautiful. Definitely one for the books for sure. Thank you so much for trusting us on such an important night. We will never forget it!
  • Alexa

Alexa Kaminski · Married on 11/03/2018

Must hire!

Josh and Phase5 Band were absolutely phenomenal! Josh was so easy to work with, great at communicating and most importantly-put together such a wonderful "show" for our wedding. They had everyone on the dance floor all night-played all of our favorite songs and even went along with my dad to cue an intro song during his FOB speech. Hiring this band is one of the best decisions you can make for your wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Lacey · Married on 05/19/2018

Phase 5 did an amazing job at our wedding. Josh Walther was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire process. We used them for the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception. The band did a great job throughout the night making sure everyone was dancing. Everyone loved their energy and played music from a variety of decades. We had a lot of guests comment on how awesome they were. Our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. They even let some of our bridal party participate, even though we were awful. Phase 5 was awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Phase5's reply:

We had such a great time with you guys Lacey! It was such a fun night. Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations!!!

Lauren · Married on 12/17/2017

We loved having Phase 5 at our Wedding! Josh Walther was amazing to work with, he was very responsive and accommodating throughout the whole planning process. We used Phase 5 throughout Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception, and we had very unique requests, they were able to learn the songs for us. Josh and the band knocked it out of the park during our first dance. It was such a special moment, one of my all-time favorites from our Wedding that I will cherish forever. Everyone loved their energy and vibe, our guests were on the dance floor the whole night. I am so grateful to have had Phase 5 at our Reception, they were absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Phase5's reply:

We are so grateful for you giving us the opportunity to play on such a special night. Thank you for your kind words. We loved playing your first dance. It was a special moment. Congratulations!!!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/20/2017

If you have the opportunity (privilege, really) of seeing Phase5 live, you aren't reading my review - you're booking them. This review is for people like my husband and I who hired them for our destination wedding and weren't able to see them live before our big day. We relied on reviews and videos and were pretty sure we were getting a great band, but we still didn't know just how PHENOMENAL they'd be until the day. Our guests are still talking about the band and even asking if they'll play weddings up here in New York. I felt like you could tell from the videos that they had two amazingly talented vocalists, but it wasn't until they were live that we realized how much talent was on that whole stage. Just true musical talent, professionalism and pride -- not to mention a cohesive group that was super fun while always professional. Before the big day, the two factors that put me over the top were the live videos (it's 2017 we understand that live recordings are not going to sound like studio recordings, but when bands only offer to show off studio sounds I take caution - and I'm glad I did, Phase5 is all about showing off their real work on stage) and Josh's personal responses (again, I understand that managing a band is a full time job and I can't imagine how a band member does it, but it really adds something when you have a direct line of communication into the band itself -- I still can't believe how responsive Josh was (if you think this review is long, you can imagine how many long and detailed emails I sent)). But seeing the band live was simply amazing! They played such an awesome show for our wedding we even cut out the cake cutting to get more music and dancing in. The crowd pretty much demanded it. Everyone in the crowd -- from members of bands to little kids to my father who thought we were crazy for spending more than $1,000 on a band to partners at my law firm who regularly hear $30,000+ bands at fancy galas and charity events -- was beyond impressed!

Sent on 06/01/2017

patrice · Married on 05/19/2017

Just do It! It's two weeks after the wedding and guests are still talking about the band. Dance floor was full all night! They never took a break the entire reception. We did add a sax player and Josh managed that for us. Had a great time.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Kristina · Married on 03/25/2017

Phase 5 did an absolutely fantastic job at my wedding. They kept everyone dancing all night. They appealed to all ages, which was fantastic. They were one of the BEST decisions I made during the wedding planning process. Josh was also so great to work with - he made it extremely easy. The band went with everything the day of - they even accommodated a guest that jumped on stage to rap - which was awesome. A true professional band with great quality music. I had so many people ask for their contact information after my wedding. If you can, hire Phase 5 - you will not be disappointed. Thank you all!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Kimberly · Married on 03/19/2017

Josh Walther was so easy to communicate with from the beginning, that there was actually no need to even meet until the afternoon of the wedding. Knowing the Phase5 band’s wonderful reputation, I had no concern about the music ~ we just had a few other small decisions to make, such as set up, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, etc.

The wedding was held at an estate and a bit challenging due to the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing being held in different locations. There were a couple of unexpected hurdles, and even though we never discussed a resolution, Josh was flexible and forward thinking and made the music happen when it was appropriate to do so!

The band was able to appeal to the multi-generational span of guests at the family wedding. Phase5 plays a wide variety of music… our wedding music spanned from Dean Martin and Sinatra to 21st-century pop and even a little country. Once the party got started, it didn’t end! People we didn’t expect to see on the dance floor were dancing. And everyone was smiling.

Our guests complimented the band all night, and now, a week and a half later, I’m still getting calls asking about the band! Who are they? Where did you find them? And, “That band MADE the wedding!”!!!

Josh Walther and the Phase5 band typically has a few free events that they appear at during the year. Check them out! You’ll be so glad that you did!

We just can’t wait until the next large family event!

Thank you, Phase5 for providing the perfect music for such a memorable evening!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Kerry · Married on 03/18/2017

Someone at our wedding came up to me and said "I didn't know a wedding band could actually be good. This band defies the wedding band stereotype, like what you see in The Wedding Singer." I think that says it all. Our guests absolutely raved about Phase 5. They are true professionals and so incredibly talented. Their versatility is amazing and they have a huge list of songs they can play.

They played for our cocktail hour and then 3 hours straight (!!!) during the reception. The dance floor was packed the entire time, they read the crowd so well, and for the end of the night Josh did a fantastic job DJing based on the musical genres I requested.

They also went above and beyond what we expected and saved us from a wedding disaster. We had a steel drummer booked to play during our ceremony. When he didn't show up until 5 minutes before our ceremony was starting, Phase 5 jumped right in and handled the music for when guests were arriving and during the ceremony.

As for me? I was already a huge fan, having seen them perform in Tampa for years. For that reason, I chose my wedding date based on when Phase 5 was available and I booked them within a week of getting engaged. They traveled all the way to the Keys for our wedding, too.

If you want a band at your wedding, this is who you need to hire. Be sure to act fast because they are in high demand -- they were doing 4 weddings the weekend of our wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Andrew · Married on 01/15/2017

Best wedding band in Florida! Book them ASAP!! They absolutely killed it at our wedding. All of our guests raved about the band. We've been to weddings all over the state and we heard them at a friend's wedding in St. Pete and after we auditioned dozens of bands we were so excited that they took our gig all the way in Miami. Josh and the whole band are the epitome of professional. From the ceremony, reception, lighting, song selection, execution, and MCing they CRUSHED it. Highly recommend this band!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Karen · Married on 11/11/2016

Don't hesitate for a moment...book Phase5 for your wedding and your guests will thank you! They recently played our wedding in early November and by the end of the evening, the compliments were abundant! Our goal was to host a memorable event for our family and friends and Phase5 helped us deliver on that. Josh is the ultimate professional. He was super easy to work with, very responsive and offered great suggestions that helped shaped our reception. Selecting Phase5 for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! No doubt you'll feel the same way if you go with them.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Josh and Phase5 were the hit of our wedding! I am still getting compliments on how wonderful they were and how much fun people had dancing. They played during our cocktail hour, dinner (quiet music), and all through the open dancing with only a 10 min break once! They had an awesome mix of fast and slow and kept people out there. Excellent communication and flexibility for anything that I wanted to make it special and perfect! Also rented uplighting from them, which had an extra flare!

Sent on 10/17/2016