Phantom Chef Reviews

17 Reviews for Phantom Chef

• Krista

Krista · Married on 08/16/2019

Wedding Catered by Phantom Chef

Phantom Chef and her staff were beyond amazing at our wedding last week!!! Chef Michelle was easy to talk to throughout all of the planning leading up to our wedding. My guests loved the variety of food (shrimp, steak, chicken, & rice/bean salad) in the menu and complimented countless times on how delicious the food was! The staff was wonderful in that they came directly to my husband and I during cocktail hour to make sure we ate the appetizers!! The cocktail hour appetizers were displayed beautifully! There was also a slight hiccup in that the bartenders did not clear the glasses when they were supposed to, but Chef Michelle and her crew took on the task to save the day! I could not thank them enough for taking on the extra task allowing me not to stress about it. Thank you so so so so much and I will definitely use Phantom Chef in the future!!!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Kate Slattery Barney · Married on 06/22/2019

Delicious!

Phantom Chef catered our June 2019 wedding! It was absolutely delicious and everything we asked for!

After talking with a few caterers in the Binghamton, NY area, I felt as though Chef Michelle was really the only caterer that wanted to do things "our way." She has a wealth of knowledge and is great at giving advice about what will work and what won't work. She is very personable and easy to joke around with. My husband and I really wanted a station reception with three VERY different types of food. Italian, Mexican, and a carving station. At every step of the way, Michelle listened to what we wanted and our dreams became a reality at our wedding! On a side note, Michelle was absolutely wonderful about replying to our quick questions and several emails about rentals and what we needed. It was very helpful!

On the day of the wedding, Chef Michelle and her staff presented a beautiful cocktail hour feast! It was presented exactly the way we wanted and she even arranged separate trays of food for the bridal party to eat while taking pictures at a different location!

The staff serving at the stations were so polite and accommodating, and Chef Michelle's food was absolutely delicious. As my husband and I greeted and checked in with our guests, they couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the meal was!

We are SO glad we chose Phantom Chef! I would highly recommend Michelle and her food to all! We will certainly use Michelle for future parties!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thank you for the review, Kate! We loved working with you, Trevor and your wonderful families to create a customized wedding menu for your special day.
  • Breah

Breah Kinney · Married on 10/06/2018

Not your standard wedding food!

After struggling to find a caterer for our big day, we stubbled across Chef Michelle's website and I am so happy that we did! From the beginning, Chef Michelle was invested in helping us to bring our vision of wedding food to life by creating a cohesive, custom, fall harvest menu. Leading up to the big day Chef helped us make decisions that ensured we had everything we needed for seamless service. It is important to know that our reception was held at a winery where all items needed to be rented. Chef made sure to support in this process which took a lot of the planning pressure off of me. I can't thank her enough for that! During and after the wedding people are still commenting on the food, especially the appetizers. I think the bacon wrapped scallops really stole the show! Her staff was kind and if there were any concerns or hiccups I honestly have/had no idea. Phantom Chef truly lived up to their name in that the food was excellent and staff, clean up, and service faded to the background. Extremely professional and exactly what you would want/expect for such an important day. Five stars all around!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Beth · Married on 06/30/2018

Ever try to plan an anniversary party from 1300 miles away? We did and thanks to Chef Michelle it was a huge success! Her food and service were exceptional. You will be glad that you trusted her with your special event; we definitely were. She thought of many details I would not have considered and arrived at the party with her team of professionals fully prepared to serve her delicious food. Thanks, Chef Michelle!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thanks Beth! It was our pleasure.

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

Highly recommend! Michelle is professional, communicative, flexible, and prepares delicious food. One of the easiest and most reliable vendors for our wedding. She created beautiful display tables for our cocktail hour and checked in with us during the reception. She even brought us a plate of food to make sure we were eating! Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. Thank you, Michelle!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Pati · Married on 04/29/2018

I had my daughter's bridal shower at her location and everyone loved it. The food was wonderful,location easy and convienant. Was awsome about serving the food we wanted(vegan) . It was just a great experiance.Great value for a personnel Chef. And the guests(all nonvegan) raved about the food .

Sent on 05/02/2018

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review!

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2017

Chef Michelle catered our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. She was very responsive through the whole planning process. She was super accommodating and always happy to help us figure out how to make our vision happen. Her food and staff were great!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thanks for the lovely review!

Sage · Married on 09/17/2017

Michelle and her team were wonderful. I would definitely use them again if I ever need anything else catered

Sent on 09/24/2017

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thank you! It was our pleasure.

Sheereen · Married on 08/19/2017

From the first conversation with Chef Michelle, we knew she would be perfect for our wedding. She created the most amazing menu for our outdoor venue. We were set on having everything served family style and Michelle put together a menu that would be appropriate for that. The food was colorful, fresh and absolutely delish! The guests haven't stopped raving about it! Her staff was fabulous as well! Highly recommended! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Phantom Chef's reply:

Thank you!! It was a lovely affair.

Therese · Married on 06/24/2017

Chef Michelle- Phantom Chef catered our son and daughter in laws wedding this past June and I recommend her with out reservations. It was wonderful working with Michelle and she developed the menu with us and accommodated 250+ without a problem. The venue was our back yard and she was outstanding in her preparation and delivery and adjusted her working space to within our home. Give her a call- you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Amy · Married on 09/10/2016

Michelle was amazing! Food was one of the things that was super important to me when planning my wedding. I'm a vegetarian, but most of my guests and my now-husband are not, and I wanted a menu that would please everyone and not leave me starving! I also wanted something late-summer/early fall inspired, without feeling like I was sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner. Michelle came up a couple different menu ideas for me to look at with those thoughts in mind, and she really nailed it. Her ideas were fresh, seasonal and sooo delicious. She was also very open to changing anything and everything if I had other ideas or wanted to tweak things, but everything was so good I didn't!

She responded very quickly to all emails or calls, and was very flexible when setting up times to meet. At our wedding itself she and her staff were very willing to help with any details that we needed, and arrived and had everything ready with plenty of time. Appetizers went out at cocktail hour without a hitch, and she even created some plated dishes for my hubby and I to snack on while we were taking photos with the photographer, even though it wasn't something we'd planned on needing! Thoughtful touches like this make working with her well worth it!

We opted for a buffet style dinner, and everything was set up beautifully. When everyone was seated Michelle came to us personally and invited us to the buffet so we could see it before all the guests came through, and everything looked amazing. There was plenty of food; we ended up having more than enough for everyone, and I know a lot of people went back for seconds! :)

All in all, I have only good things to say about working with Michelle and I would highly recommend her to anyone. In a nutshell, her service is prompt, reliable, very flexible, and most importantly, her food is delicious!!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Mindy · Married on 08/20/2016

She did my wedding and everyone loved the food!! She went above and beyond with my vegaterian requirements and made the best tofu I have ever had. She even went out of her way to save our appetizers for my husband and I and only gave me vegaterian ones. She really made my day!

Sent on 10/06/2016

alyssa · Married on 06/27/2015

Michelle at Phantom Chef Catering was such an excellent choice for our wedding. She was extremely professional, friendly, helpful, and courteous through every step of the process. She was very easy to work with through the whole conceptualizing of our menu through the to the cake cutting! Her staff was also very professional. Despite a LOT of rain, Michelle and her staff worked through it as if it were nothing and it never phased them or put them off their beat. We had made a custom Mexican style menu for our wedding and the food was absolutely delicious. Everyone was so excited to see a taco bar at the wedding and they all keep talking about how excellent the food was! From appetizers to desserts, it was all so yummy! I couldn't be happier with our choice and I would highly recommend Michelle for any catering needs.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/06/2015

Michelle was absolutely wonderful! We were planning an out of town wedding and she made it very easy and even took the time to meet with us over Christmas. The food was delicious and looked beautiful!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Kelsey · Married on 01/16/2015

Michelle was great to work with! She was very accommodating to what we needed for our wedding. We had an off season wedding and it was put together pretty quickly (3 month timeline). She did everything she could to make the process easier for us, and had great recommendations. Her help with planning alone was worth it!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Kelly ·

Phantom Chef is the best!

Chef Michelle and staff are the best of the best. Her cuisine is phenomenal, she is flexible and easy to work with. She worked to ship in specific brands that we wanted, and everything we talked about for months was delivered and executed perfectly. I hope to work with her again!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kelly,
    Thank you for the lovely review. We really enjoyed working with you to plan a customized autumnal menu and execute your vision!

Caterina · Married on 07/04/2014

Very professional. The venue loved working with Phantom Chef, and Phantom Chef was extremely flexible about the event location and menu. Appetizer spread was delicious and the main course was good. (Michelle even saved some appetizers for us!) Phantom Chef also helped us to serve the desserts (from another caterer). Would recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2017