Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

30 Reviews for Petersen Pictures

One Event/Day (2)
Second Shooter (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Matted Prints (1)

Carl is an extremely talented photographer! It is very difficult to get good pictures in constant rain and overcast around the Seattle-Tacoma area, but our photo shoot turned out incredible. We did a an old time feel with my fiance in his military get up; still amazes me whenever I see them. Carl made the whole experience fun and never rushed us; he treated us like family. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

Carl did a fantastic job on our engagement shoot last weekend! From the beginning, he was extremely responsive and professional, from answering all of our questions to providing us really helpful tips to prepare for the photoshoot. We are definitely a little awkward when it comes to posing for pictures but he guided us through everything and made sure that all of the details (like my hair being out of place) were perfect. He came prepared knowing specific spots to shoot, but as we walked around, he was very conscious of his surroundings. We stopped multiple times when he found a spot with a good view or lighting. At the end of the shoot, after he had already packed up, he found a spot that he couldn't resist. He was attacked by a bee that got stuck inside his shirt and stung him multiple times!!! But that didn't phase him and he still took some awesome shots! Thank you, Carl, for going the extra mile for us :) We really appreciate it!

Profile Picture Jen, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My son has shot with many photographers. And, being a kid, you really have to know how to work with them in order to get a great shot. Carl does that! He really made my son feel comfortable and also made the day a lot of fun!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carl was fantastic to work with and we loved the experience of taking photos with him - funny, playful, fresh, energetic, yet romantic and thoughtful. He not only accommodated our two dogs in the shoot, but he even scoped out all of our locations before the shoot to find the perfect nooks! The images came out beautifully and we couldn't be happier. We would recommend Carl to anyone!

Profile Picture Molly, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing Vendor, couldn't ask for more!

Profile Picture Jenny , 6/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was really an honor working with Carl! I had an awesome time shooting with him. He was very understanding and creative. Would love to work with him anytime!

Profile Picture Ta'Lisa, 5/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't believe it took me this long to post a review! I had my engagement photography session with Carl in March 2016.

My husband (since 12/11/16) and I had such a fun time shooting our engagement photos with Carl! Carl was so professional, he made us feel comfortable, he's funny, and so easy to vibe with. He had so many ideas, and even worked with my ideas that I had sent him prior to our session (he printed them out and brought it with him).

The photos turned out sooo amazing!!!!! My husband and I we're in love; we absolutely loved the photos!

Thank you Carl, for capturing our love and our goofiness - we really had a great time. Thanks for also making us look super cool hehe.

Profile Picture Reihna Maile, 12/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Engagement Shoot

We had a great experience with Petersen Pictures. Our wedding was captured beautifully by Carl and his lovely wife Randee! Carl and his team did both photography and videography for our special day. We could not have been happier. Thanks for capturing every aspect so well. When we look at our photos and when we watch our video, it brings us back to our perfect day!

Profile Picture Melinda, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carl was a very talented photographer and a pleasure to work with. We wanted natural, almost journalistic style, photos of our wedding and our guests. He did a superb job capturing of all the wonderful moments. We also did traditional couples photos, which were equally beautiful. Highly recommend his services.

Profile Picture Vinisha, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Honestly Carl was the best! He was super relaxed and funny which made us relax. Right off the bat we felt like we were in good hands by his warm introduction and willingness to help us make creative decisions we were unsure of during the shoot. He allowed us to really relax in front of the camera (which has always been a problem) and feel like we were putting our best foot forward. In return we were thrilled to get the most stunning photos!

Profile Picture Nicohlas, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carl was AMAZING in every way! He worked with us on our budget to find the package that met our needs. We really enjoyed doing an engagement photo shoot with him prior so we could get to know him and his style. On the day of our wedding, he provided great direction and followed us around "discretely" to capture all the moments of our special day including getting ready, the first look, ceremony, and the reception. We also used Carl to video our ceremony and SO glad we did. We watched our wedding video on our anniversary, and our albums he put together bring us back to that day. Cannot recommend Carl enough - he is great to work with! He has a great artist eye, great shots of posed and candids. Very professional, but at the same time, he was relaxed and his style put you at ease.

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

The best way to reminisce about your wedding day is through photos! And Carl captured every moment of ours on film. He was in a million places at once, capturing everyones true self with stunning candids, and very beautifully choreographed images. He did so much more than I could have ever imagined one person would be capable of! If I had my day to do over again, Carl would absolutely be our photographer a million times over. I can't say enough about how professional and amazing he was to work with! Thank you Carl!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Wedding Portraits

Carl is FANTASTIC! I had been an avid follower of his work on IG, and knew when my husband and I got engaged that Petersen Pictures was the only company I wanted capturing our most important day! Carl definitely did NOT disappoint. Our engagement photo shoot was fun and flirty. When the proofs came back I was ecstatic. Carl had caught "us" perfectly in every shot. As if I wasn't already confident our wedding photos would be top notch, this shoot sealed the deal. Then came our wedding day. Carl and his partner arrived on time and got straight to work. The communication during the before ceremony pictures was well received and they didn't miss a beat in letting us know what ideas and suggestions they had for the perfect shots. During the ceremony they moved with ease throughout our guests, securing all the moments we would have missed otherwise. When I received the proofs I was floored. They were IMPECCABLE! Going through the proofs was like reliving the day. I cried, I laughed, and I was overall 100% satisfied with the finished product. There is no doubt in my mind Petersen Pictures is a phenomenal company. Carl's attention to detail, pride in his work, and customer's happiness is his main focus. I will absolutely recommend Petersen Pictures to anyone who is in need of outstanding photos and memories!

Profile Picture User6844501, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My new husband, Jeff, and I had the privilege of working with Carl and Randee to photograph our out of town wedding in Aptos, CA this November, 2015. We can't say enough great things about the entire process. Carl took time to get to know our photography style/interests, family dynamics and provided expertise in regards to timing and how to get all the shots we wanted done. He and Randee selected beautiful spots to take our pictures during our First Glance and continued using their creativity to capture our bridal party, family, and guests. Their patience and easy going natures made them easy to have with us all day/night. We, including our family and friends, LOVE our wedding pictures!!! I also enjoyed getting them on a disc, so I could print up as many as I wanted to. So grateful to the Petersen's--they have got the photography skills and synergy as a team to create the storybook wedding album most brides dream for.

Profile Picture Julie, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carl was an excellent photographer for the photo session we had with our newborn. He was willing to work with us on our expectations and offered helpful suggestions. Carl was great with our young one, who amazingly stayed calm throughout (what a ham!). He captured some unscripted, genuine moments of our young family that turned out to be some of our favorite shots. Carl was patient and willing to work through multiple settings. The quality of the pictures are excellent, the whole album looks fantastic. The early weeks of a new baby are a hectic time, but we are very happy we had Carl take this photos that we'll hold on to forever.

Profile Picture Matt, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are so many things that I want to share with you about Petersen Pictures, but here are the top two:

1. Our wedding was in winter as the sun was setting. Sounds beautiful, right? But there are so many different lighting issues. Carl took outdoor winter photos and then transitioned into the church as the sun was setting and through a ton of windows, which cast light all over the place. We got our photos from Carl, AND THEY WERE ALL PERFECT! I loved the pictures in the church with beams of light at gorgeous angles! I couldn't have imagined better pictures in all ranges of light, indoor and outdoor, over 8 hours. He will give you the best quality of pictures in any setting. And I had no idea how much I'd be in love with our wedding pictures and their quality.

2. If you're planning a big event or something else important, I strongly suggest working with Carl. Since he has been in the business for a while, he knows how events run. As an added plus, he can give you advice and suggestions pertaining to planning your special event. I also appreciated his timely manner. It is such a stress relief and calming presence to be working with a person like Carl at Petersen Pictures! He went above and beyond to help us move through all the different events on our wedding day--who knew your wedding photographer would also help you stay on time. So appreciated his extensive experience behind the camera and at weddings!

Profile Picture User4669238, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Petersen Pictures took my wedding photos and I would highly recommend them! I am typically awkward behind a camera, but Carl Petersen made me, my friends, and family feel so comfortable! The photos themselves turned out beautifully, we have had non stop compliments since we got them. They look amazing in picture frames and in photo books, and more than that, they capture some of the most memorable and special moments of my life. Carl worked throughout the ceremony and reception as well, taking candid shots that have become my favorite among all of the pictures (and he gave us SO many pictures!). Carl took some photos that my husband and I specifically wanted, and asked for ideas from us weeks in advance to prepare, but he also used excellent creativity to produce some truly amazing shots that we love. If you are considering hiring Petersen Pictures for your wedding or special event, I wouldn't hesitate! It was well worth it, and a wonderful experience!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

So happy that I found Petersen Pictures! I wanted to have a last minute "cake smash" session for my daughters first birthday, but didn't have a photographer! My friend was adamant about asking Carl at Petersen Pictures....she had recently received her photos back from her wedding. He was so accommodating and sweet. The shots were AMAZING!! He even captured several awesome family shots...which I must say, is no easy task with two less than photogenic adults and a squirmy baby!!!

We LOVED him and his work was so beautiful....we knew we had totally scored, especially because we were still on the hunt for a wedding photographer!

He captured the day of our sacramental wedding with such beauty, I am forever grateful!! He moved about the church and the reception with such ease capturing every special moment, including those that we were too busy to witness ourselves!! I can't say enough great things about he and his wife( and second camera) Randee.

Important things: they were organized, early, kept everyone on task to ensure we had every shot we wanted (he asked before the big day what it was that we envisioned, wanted captured...tons of stuff I wouldn't have thought of!) and were so kind and easy going that everyone LOVED posing for them!

We included several pics into each thank you card we sent, I've received so many calls and messages today saying how beautiful they are! They really captured the love and fun and beauty of the day!

Profile Picture Karla, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carl photographed my dream destination wedding and he captured some amazing photos. One in particular belongs in a magazine! He is very kind and easy to work with. The entire wedding party and guests felt completely comfortable taking photos with him. He is very professional, yet fun at the same time. He has a great smile and fit right in with us. Beautiful photos!!!!! Highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Sheree, 11/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Carl and Randee are absolutely incredible! We did both our engagement photo shoot and wedding pictures with them, and we could not be more thrilled! All of the pictures were absolutely stunning! I am not one who loves having her picture taken, and Carl made me feel so at ease and have fun with it. Everyone that has seen our wedding photos always comment how many amazing, creative shots we got. We cannot thank them enough for being a part of our special day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carl's a joy to work with and his photos turned out fantastic! He was the photographer for my engagement party and we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of our photos. Recommended HIGHLY.

Profile Picture David, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Peterson Pictures is the ONLY choice for your wedding photos. We couldn't be happier with the moments Carl captured. He was professional yet easy going and we were able to relax on a stressful day knowing he was capturing the best moments. He has fantastic touches to his busines- my favorite was the champagne provided while we watched our DVD/slideshow for the first time.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great wedding photos. Easy to talk to and fun to work with.

Profile Picture Ken, 8/7/11, 1 Review