36 Reviews for Peter Miles and The MILES Band

Willing to Travel (2)
Ceremony (1)
Instrumentals (1)
33 Peter Miles and The MILES Band Reviews

The guitar music for the ceremony was simply beautiful! The Miles Band then kept our guests on on the dance floor all night long! We highly recommend working with them!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Miles and The MILES Band are absolutely amazing! From the moment we initiated an inquiry with Miles he was prompt in responding to us. After chatting with him on the phone, hearing his music and seeing the list of songs they play we knew they were the band for us and we could not have been more thrilled with their performance. Through the entire process leading up to our wedding Miles was quick to respond, worked with us to accommodate our wedding timeline as well as learning special songs for us.

The music that Miles (solo) learned for our ceremony was so special for us to have and extremely well done, absolutely amazing! The music that the band learned for us for our entrance song, first dance and father daughter dance were outstanding.

The MILES band are a very talented group of musicians. They had our dance floor packed the entire time. We got so many compliments from our guests about our band! I highly recommend Miles and The MILES Band!

Profile Picture Leah, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We highly recommend the MILES Band for your wedding or event! They are AWESOME! We enjoyed their jazz trio (fantastic!) for our cocktail reception and the full band (incredible!) for dinner/dancing during the wedding reception. Miles was so professional and responsive planning the live music for our reception. The band covers all types of musical genres, and Miles worked with us on song preferences (which appealed to our wedding guests ranging in ages from 5 to 90). They even learned a few new songs (ZBB!) that were not on their playlist for us. The MILES Band kept the dance floor packed for our entire reception and guests were shouting "encore" at the end! Such a blast.
Simply put, the MILES Band was outstanding. If they are available for your date, book them!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The MILES Band is the best wedding band I've ever heard. They had everyone up dancing the whole night from the grandparents to grandkids at my son's wedding. The positive, professional energy this band brought to the wedding set the tone for a very fun time, despite the crazy thunderstorm we endured! Great song selections that people sang along to. Everyone loved the band!

Profile Picture Mina, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Miles was the perfect addition to our special day! We had a very small wedding (

Profile Picture Bradford, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Peter Miles Band played at our wedding and they were AMAZING in every way! Peter was incredibly organized and communicative with me throughout my wedding planning process. The band played for hours and the crowd was having the best time. They were the best part of our wedding and I would hire them again in a second!!

Profile Picture Marisa, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Miles and the band made our big day SO incredibly memorable and fun! Their musicianship and professionalism were truly top notch, and their flexibility made everything flow smoothly throughout the reception. They were also so gracious in taking time to learn new songs for the Bride/Groom, Mother/Son, and Father/Daughter dances. My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend the band to ANY couple looking to make their wedding day all the more special with fantastic music and dancing!

Profile Picture Rich, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Miles Band were exactly what my husband & I wanted for our recent wedding in Vermont! From my first point of contact with Miles to even after the wedding, he was extremely responsive & very professional. We booked him for a solo acoustic set during the ceremony (amazing), 3 piece jazz set during cocktail hour and the entire band for the reception. For the amount of time and effort that they put in, I feel their prices are extremely reasonable. We did not want a DJ or a cookie cutter wedding band and after seeing their extensive song list, I knew they would be perfect! They were happy to learn our 1st dance song and graciously had my mom come up on stage and rock out with them! They were easy to work with, accommodating to all requests, and great musicians! We couldn’t be happier to have had The Miles Band part of our special day!!! Alyssa & Kyle

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/3/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Yes! Just say "yes" to hiring The MILES Band! They had our guests up and dancing all night long! From 6 to 89 years old, everyone was on the dance floor, showing off their moves, and having the time of their lives! I cannot tell you how many times I was asked during our reception, "Where did you find that band?!" They are amazing!" Miles is also very responsive and incredibly easy to work with. He had the band learn our first dance song - "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes - my father/daughter song - "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins - AND my parents' wedding song - "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, which meant the world to me and my husband. Miles is a true artist and professional, and we are so thankful to him and his band for helping us to throw the party of a lifetime!

Profile Picture Cara, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Peter Miles and the MILES Band were awesome! They helped make our wedding day perfect! Every request was accommodated. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture User6979429, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

The Miles Band rocked our Vermont barn wedding! We were very happy with the communication from Miles and together we were able to tailor a set list and schedule to fit our celebration. They had our guests on the dance floor from the first song to the last!

We had some special requests, including learning a first dance song, letting the groom's band play a short set, and even a surprise musical toast from the father of the groom. They were extremely accommodating and flexible and this personalized approach really made a difference!

We had guests ranging in age from 1 to 94, and the band was able to find a little something for everyone to get down to. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Willie, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had a fantastic wedding reception thanks to Peter Miles and his band. I had hired them based on reviews and listening to their samples online, but I fully intended to make it to one of his regular public gigs to listen in person, but in the end I couldn't find the time to get there, so was the tiniest bit nervous never having heard them in person. I should not have worried--Miles and the band were amazing. We had a jazz trio playing during our cocktail hour, then the whole band on the stage during the dinner/dancing part of the reception. Both were perfect--they were able to read the crowd and pick the right sound for the right moment of the evening. Miles had our guests of all generations up and dancing. Hire this band!

Profile Picture M, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

The Miles Band and Peter Miles were amazing. We hired them off a recommendation by our wedding coordinator, who had used them for her own wedding, and we were absolutely blown away. We had Miles play solo acoustic guitar for our ceremony and hired the entire band for the reception. From the beginning of the process, Miles was very responsive to our emails. I felt I could trust him implicitly, which was a very unique feeling in the wedding-planning world.

He had awesome music suggestions for me when I was drawing blanks on ceremony songs and father-daughter dance songs. He and his band learned some very diverse songs for us, from Edward Sharpe's "Home" (for our ceremony recessional) all the way to Phish's "Meatstick" (a surprise for my Phish-loving groom), which they executed perfectly.

These guys have talent and heart. The dance floor was packed all night and the most common feedback we heard was how awesome the band was. They were easily the best decision we made for our wedding (perhaps tied with the aforementioned wedding coordinator) due to both the ease of working with them and the product they delivered. You will be so happy you hired them!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

The Miles Band was absolutely amazing! They made our wedding perfect! They were willing to travel to Lake George, NY from Brattleboro, VT for our event and I can't even put into words how professional and fun they were! They got everyone up and dancing! The Miles Band learned new songs for our wedding and they were perfect! My mom was high-fiving the whole band after they finished the song for our dance. From beginning to end they were fun, energetic, and great! Can't say enough good things about them!

Profile Picture Tyler, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Peter Miles was fantastic to work with and was wonderful. The MILES band was amazing and made our wedding truly special. Everyone loved the music throughout the day! We received so many compliments.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Miles Band was everything we wanted for our wedding day! Miles was extremely responsive throughout the planning for our wedding and worked with our venue as well so that everyone was on the same page come the big day. Miles himself played for our ceremony on acoustic guitar and then we had the four piece band play for the rest of the day. He was extremely professional in all of our communications with him and worked with other vendors throughout the day to make sure everything ran smoothly.

The staff at our venue said that they have never had a wedding there with as many people on the dance floor for as much of the night as they did when we had Miles playing! He and the band are fantastic musicians with a great set list that kept everyone dancing all night! People could not stop raving throughout the entire night and even after our wedding about how fantastic the band was. They were the absolute highlight of the evening and we cannot say enough about them. If you do not book this band you are missing out in a BIG way!

Profile Picture Kyle and Meghan, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

I have been watching Peter play solo and with his 4 piece band for over a decade. I have always loved his music and his personality. In a few dealings before my wedding I was aware of his professionalism but it was not until I hired and began to deal with him as my wedding band that I realized the extent of that professionalism. He knows weddings. That simply sums it up. His experience with all kinds of weddings will guide you through what you need and want for your special day. And the band, well they are all just incredible. The music was fun, appropriate and amazing. You'd be silly to question this addition to your wedding if you want a band. They are excellent!

Profile Picture Celeste, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you're getting married, hire the Peter Miles Band - If the Peter Miles Band is unavailable, move your wedding date!

They were phenomenal. Everyone was off their feet as soon as they started playing and we've had countless guests send us messages about how much fun they had dancing to this band. Peter also did a fantastic job playing a solo acoustic ceremony and cocktail hour set. And after the band wrapped up, the drummer, Sean, transitioned to a DJ to keep the party going! They are super flexible and really work to tailor everything to your needs. Can't recommend these guys enough!

Profile Picture Andrew, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

Miles and his band were amazing! The choices of music were right on the money! Miles made all the planning so much easier, with the way he coordinated with the venue as well as the other vendors!!.....Total pros!

Profile Picture Marc, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Miles and his band was amazing!
Everyone loved the music.
Miles was very patient when selecting music for the ceremony.

Profile Picture Claire, 4/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The guys were AMAZING! They were the perfect choice for ceremony, cocktail
hour, AND reception. They were flexible and worked to make my vision a reality!!! We LOVED having them at our wedding and HIGHLY recommend them for any event you may be planning. LOVE THEM!!!!

Profile Picture Kristine, 4/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We hired the Miles Band to play at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. For the ceremony, a trio of band members played a couple of jazz songs we had picked out in advance. For the cocktail hour, the trio played jazz standards. For our reception, the full band played a mix of rock and roll, oldies, new songs, and funk. From start to finish, everything was absolutely perfect, and all of the band members were incredibly friendly, fun, and professional. The ceremony and cocktail hour music sounded beautiful and they were flexible and understanding in working with us on a customized ceremony plus some last minute location changes due to rainy weather. The band was a huge hit at the reception. They had the dance floor crowded for the entire party and guests are still raving a month later about how talented they were and how much fun everyone had. Guests were chanting at the end of the night to try and get the band to stay longer and multiple people asked us, "how did you find these guys!?" We were blown away by their rendition of our first dance and couldn't wipe the grins off our faces when they nailed song after song. They read the crowd perfectly and played just the right mix of well-timed slow songs and fast songs. As you can tell from this review we were blown away, but I honestly have no critiques and would choose the Miles Band again without a doubt if given the chance.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We hired the Miles Band to play at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. For the ceremony, a trio of band members played a couple of jazz songs we had picked out in advance. For the cocktail hour, the trio played jazz standards. For our reception, the full band played a mix of rock and roll, oldies, contemporary songs, and funk. From start to finish, everything was absolutely perfect, and all of the band members were incredibly friendly, fun, and professional. The ceremony and cocktail hour music sounded beautiful and they were flexible and understanding in working with us on a customized ceremony plus some last minute location changes due to rainy weather. The band was a huge hit at the reception. They had the dance floor crowded for the entire party and guests are still raving a month later about how talented they were and how much fun everyone had. Guests were chanting at the end of the night to try and get the band to stay longer and multiple people asked us, "how did you find these guys!?" We were blown away by their rendition of our first dance and couldn't wipe the grins off our faces when they nailed song after song. They read the crowd perfectly and played just the right mix of well-timed slow songs and fast songs. As you can tell from this review we were blown away, but I honestly have no critiques and would choose the Miles Band again without a doubt if given the chance.

Profile Picture User4554103, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Miles was awesome to work with and even better to listen to! He and his group were perfect for our event (ceremony, cocktail hour), and his song choice and ability to read the crowd were spot on. We heard Miles play at another wedding and knew then we would use him at ours. Thanks again, Miles!

Profile Picture Andy, 10/11/14, 1 Review