Peter Miles and The MILES Band Reviews

Peter Miles and The MILES Band 7
  • Isabel

Isabel · Getting married on 07/25/2020

Excellent music, Tight band

I’ve been a fan of the Miles band for years and was so glad to be able to hire them for my wedding. They are professional, flexible and great to work with. Our dinner ran longer than planned, the Miles band was ready to go and played really tight sets so that we could enjoy their music and dance as long as possible. All your guests will complement them and your good taste. Everyone will be on the dance floor from start to finish! All my favorite reception memories are on the dance floor! Hire them!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Isabel - Thank you so much for having us at your wedding celebration! Your whole event was beautiful, and we were so glad to find that your friends and family are all very enthusiastic dancers!

Chelsea · Married on 01/19/2019

Ceremony and Cocktail hour

We had Peter for the ceremony and cocktail hour. To mix things up a bit. He was perfect. So many compliments! Learned some new songs for us but also has a huge list of songs he already knows.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much for having there, Chelsea! It was a beautiful, wintery wedding. Great to be there with you!
  • W

Woodward · Married on 09/29/2018

We had a chance to use the Miles band as a solo, trio, and full band at our wedding. Miles was easy and fun to interact with. The band is full of talent and enhanced our whole wedding experience. We let them run the show and we thought they were perfect. The guests were so impressed too. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks very much, Woody - It was a beautiful location and the band and I had a lot of fun! Hope to see you both again!

Sue · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful singer/guitarist. He came highly recommended from several vendors near our wedding venue, Stratton Mountain. We saw him perform with his band and as a soloist and both times he was exceptional. He was professional, courteous, very reasonable and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much, Sue. I really appreciate your recommendation!

Daniel · Married on 07/28/2018

Booking the Miles Band was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From start to finish, we loved every second. Miles got a sense of the type of music we were into and kept the dance floor full of smiles the whole night. They even learned some new songs for us! To top it off they let my old band buddies and I take over their instruments and jam for a couple songs. Miles 7 piece band is highly recommended. They are all super talented and love what they do and really made our day special and unforgettable.

Sent on 08/24/2018
    Peter Miles and The MILES Band 14
    Peter Miles and The MILES Band 15

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Hey - Thanks so much Daniel! We don't usually hand over our gear like that, but you guys made it so much fun for everyone! Thanks again for having us play for your wedding celebration!

Dana · Married on 06/16/2018

We wanted a great band for the wedding and The Miles Band did not disappoint one bit. If you’re in southern Vermont and a little nervous about finding a band for your wedding, your search is over - book them today!

On a perfect Vermont mid-June evening outdoors under a big tent, The Miles Band played a flawless set. The thing that stands out with this band is how the front line of Peter (guitar), Molly (percussion), Tim (bass), and right behind them Sean (drums), take turns on lead vocals. This allows for an amazing range of song selections. The musicianship of all the band members was incredible. Peter Miles and The Miles Band transcend the wedding band category. They had the entire dance floor packed from the first song to the last. The amount of people that have come to us telling us how good the band were is unbelievable.

I think I’m going to gatecrash future weddings just to hear these guys play again and relive our amazing wedding night.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Wow, Thanks Dana! That was such a perfect setting and a beautiful day all-around. So glad we were able to be there with you! Best of luck, always!

Jaime · Married on 05/25/2018

We hired Peter Miles and The MILES Band for our wedding day and they were amazing! They are all so incredibly talented and they made our day even more special than it already was. Their song list is extensive - I'm pretty sure they play almost every single genre. They even learned 3 songs for our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter dances! I gave Miles a little bit of direction about how we wanted them to sound and they were beyond perfect.

We also had Miles play for the ceremony. He played acoustic guitar and made the day so intimate and beautiful.

If you are looking for a band for your wedding, I highly suggest Peter Miles and The MILES Band! They are all so talented, friendly and performing is clearly their passion. You could tell that they truly enjoyed playing for our wedding as much as our guests enjoyed them!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Jaime - The songs you chose were so perfect, and we had a great time learning and rehearsing them. The way those dances came off was just fantastic! Thanks again for all your kindness!

Kayla · event on 02/10/2018

YES, YES, & YES! We had him play at an elegant dinner party after being in awe after hearing him at a friend’s wedding. It was truly a night I will never forget thanks to him! He’s incredibly talented, versatile, and well-versed in everything from James Taylor to Grateful Dead. His renditions were fresh and his passion for music is tangible. We had so much fun listening and singing along to his incredible song choices all night. He had the perfect vibes for our evening and I’m looking for an excuse to book him again for something, he was that amazing! Also, he is a pleasure to work with, great communicator, professional, and an overall awesome guy!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Wow, I am blushing! Thank you Kayla - You created a truly lovely event. I'm so grateful for your courtesy and generosity in having me as a part of it! I'm very much looking forward to the next one!

Alyson · Married on 10/14/2017

The Peter Miles band was nothing short than amazing. They were so flexible, easy to contact and FUN! They totally surprised us and had learned ALL three of our personal dance songs and all sounded fantastic. For performing in a smaller area their sound was on point, volume wise and as a unit. The energy and clear talent from this group was amazing for all to watch and we got many compliments for having them! I HIGHLY recommend them for anyone looking to have the perfect live music

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Peter Miles and The MILES Band 16
    Peter Miles and The MILES Band 17

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Hey guys - Thank you SO much for your review - Great pictures! That was a rockin' Father/Bride Dance for the record books! We had so much fun.

Chelsea · Married on 10/07/2017

The guitar music for the ceremony was simply beautiful! The Miles Band then kept our guests on on the dance floor all night long! We highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thank you so much, Chelsea! I thought your Ceremony was beautiful, too. The band had a great time watching all the hip-shakin' and swinging on the dance floor!

Leah · Married on 09/09/2017

Miles and The MILES Band are absolutely amazing! From the moment we initiated an inquiry with Miles he was prompt in responding to us. After chatting with him on the phone, hearing his music and seeing the list of songs they play we knew they were the band for us and we could not have been more thrilled with their performance. Through the entire process leading up to our wedding Miles was quick to respond, worked with us to accommodate our wedding timeline as well as learning special songs for us.

The music that Miles (solo) learned for our ceremony was so special for us to have and extremely well done, absolutely amazing! The music that the band learned for us for our entrance song, first dance and father daughter dance were outstanding.

The MILES band are a very talented group of musicians. They had our dance floor packed the entire time. We got so many compliments from our guests about our band! I highly recommend Miles and The MILES Band!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much, Leah! Your excellent planning made it all possible! We're so glad to have been part of your celebrations.

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2017

We highly recommend the MILES Band for your wedding or event! They are AWESOME! We enjoyed their jazz trio (fantastic!) for our cocktail reception and the full band (incredible!) for dinner/dancing during the wedding reception. Miles was so professional and responsive planning the live music for our reception. The band covers all types of musical genres, and Miles worked with us on song preferences (which appealed to our wedding guests ranging in ages from 5 to 90). They even learned a few new songs (ZBB!) that were not on their playlist for us. The MILES Band kept the dance floor packed for our entire reception and guests were shouting "encore" at the end! Such a blast.
    Simply put, the MILES Band was outstanding. If they are available for your date, book them!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Oh, Kelly - Your so kind! Thanks very much for the glowing review. Wishing you both the very best as you settle in here 'up north'!

Mina · Married on 07/01/2017

The MILES Band is the best wedding band I've ever heard. They had everyone up dancing the whole night from the grandparents to grandkids at my son's wedding. The positive, professional energy this band brought to the wedding set the tone for a very fun time, despite the crazy thunderstorm we endured! Great song selections that people sang along to. Everyone loved the band!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Mina. We'll never forget the spirit and joy of that day!

Bradford · Married on 05/27/2017

Miles was the perfect addition to our special day! We had a very small wedding (<15 people) in Wilmington, Vermont, and he came highly recommended by our local event planner. We were lucky enough to meet him in the earlier planning stages of our wedding, as he was in town while we were visiting the area. Miles was very professional, and stayed in great communication throughout the entire process. His song selection was very extensive, and he thought of every little detail when planning, as to avoid any potentially awkward song selections for us - or our guests.

Miles even accommodated a couple special requests. We were married outdoors, and then transitioned indoors for a cocktail hour, and he had everything set up to play both locations well ahead of time. While all the songs he plays are amazing, he specially learned our first dance request, and possibly performs it better than the original... We won't say who, to "protect the innocent." We could never speak highly enough of Miles, but it's also important to point out that his pricing is very fair, and worth every penny and more. We can't wait to be able to see a show out some time, or find another reason to have the Miles play another event for us!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Aw, Brad - I'm blushing..! ;-)

Thanks!

Tamara · event on 05/20/2017

Peter Miles Band is great they are so responsive for all types of venues. I have always recommended them and always responsive in advance if they can make it work.

I have been to multiple venues they have played each one they have been very receptive to the clientele.

These guys are the best. I always recommend these guys as first choice for any venue.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks a lot, Tamara! We're so grateful for the chance to do it!

Sharon · event on 05/20/2017

Extremely professional, music selection is always what our participants love and enjoy dancing too. This will be our third year using the Peter Miles Band for our charity event. Highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much, Sharon! Best of luck with future events!

Marisa · Married on 10/08/2016

Peter Miles Band played at our wedding and they were AMAZING in every way! Peter was incredibly organized and communicative with me throughout my wedding planning process. The band played for hours and the crowd was having the best time. They were the best part of our wedding and I would hire them again in a second!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thank you SO much, Marisa! Hope to see you guys again soon!
  • Rich

Rich · Married on 10/01/2016

Miles and the band made our big day SO incredibly memorable and fun! Their musicianship and professionalism were truly top notch, and their flexibility made everything flow smoothly throughout the reception. They were also so gracious in taking time to learn new songs for the Bride/Groom, Mother/Son, and Father/Daughter dances. My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend the band to ANY couple looking to make their wedding day all the more special with fantastic music and dancing!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Rich, you are so kind! That day was pure love, all around! Thanks so much for including us!

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2016

The Miles Band were exactly what my husband & I wanted for our recent wedding in Vermont! From my first point of contact with Miles to even after the wedding, he was extremely responsive & very professional. We booked him for a solo acoustic set during the ceremony (amazing), 3 piece jazz set during cocktail hour and the entire band for the reception. For the amount of time and effort that they put in, I feel their prices are extremely reasonable. We did not want a DJ or a cookie cutter wedding band and after seeing their extensive song list, I knew they would be perfect! They were happy to learn our 1st dance song and graciously had my mom come up on stage and rock out with them! They were easy to work with, accommodating to all requests, and great musicians! We couldn’t be happier to have had The Miles Band part of our special day!!! Alyssa & Kyle

Sent on 10/12/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks so much, both of you! That was such a memorable, beautiful Vermont day!

Cara · Married on 08/27/2016

Yes! Just say "yes" to hiring The MILES Band! They had our guests up and dancing all night long! From 6 to 89 years old, everyone was on the dance floor, showing off their moves, and having the time of their lives! I cannot tell you how many times I was asked during our reception, "Where did you find that band?!" They are amazing!" Miles is also very responsive and incredibly easy to work with. He had the band learn our first dance song - "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes - my father/daughter song - "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins - AND my parents' wedding song - "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg, which meant the world to me and my husband. Miles is a true artist and professional, and we are so thankful to him and his band for helping us to throw the party of a lifetime!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thank you SO much, Cara. It was a fantastic day for all of us!

Peter Miles and the MILES Band were awesome! They helped make our wedding day perfect! Every request was accommodated. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks Kathleen! That was a Grand party!
  • W

Willie · Married on 07/02/2016

The Miles Band rocked our Vermont barn wedding! We were very happy with the communication from Miles and together we were able to tailor a set list and schedule to fit our celebration. They had our guests on the dance floor from the first song to the last!

We had some special requests, including learning a first dance song, letting the groom's band play a short set, and even a surprise musical toast from the father of the groom. They were extremely accommodating and flexible and this personalized approach really made a difference!

We had guests ranging in age from 1 to 94, and the band was able to find a little something for everyone to get down to. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thanks Willie! Your wedding celebration will go down in the history books! That was an awesome day for all!

M · Married on 06/25/2016

We had a fantastic wedding reception thanks to Peter Miles and his band. I had hired them based on reviews and listening to their samples online, but I fully intended to make it to one of his regular public gigs to listen in person, but in the end I couldn't find the time to get there, so was the tiniest bit nervous never having heard them in person. I should not have worried--Miles and the band were amazing. We had a jazz trio playing during our cocktail hour, then the whole band on the stage during the dinner/dancing part of the reception. Both were perfect--they were able to read the crowd and pick the right sound for the right moment of the evening. Miles had our guests of all generations up and dancing. Hire this band!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Thank you so much M - it was an absolutely beautiful wedding!

Emily · Married on 05/29/2016

The Miles Band and Peter Miles were amazing. We hired them off a recommendation by our wedding coordinator, who had used them for her own wedding, and we were absolutely blown away. We had Miles play solo acoustic guitar for our ceremony and hired the entire band for the reception. From the beginning of the process, Miles was very responsive to our emails. I felt I could trust him implicitly, which was a very unique feeling in the wedding-planning world.

He had awesome music suggestions for me when I was drawing blanks on ceremony songs and father-daughter dance songs. He and his band learned some very diverse songs for us, from Edward Sharpe's "Home" (for our ceremony recessional) all the way to Phish's "Meatstick" (a surprise for my Phish-loving groom), which they executed perfectly.

These guys have talent and heart. The dance floor was packed all night and the most common feedback we heard was how awesome the band was. They were easily the best decision we made for our wedding (perhaps tied with the aforementioned wedding coordinator) due to both the ease of working with them and the product they delivered. You will be so happy you hired them!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Peter Miles and The MILES Band's reply:

Emily - You're too kind, thanks!! We had a blast!