Petals & Twigs Reviews

Petals & Twigs 2
Petals & Twigs 3
Petals & Twigs 4

Carter Barnett · Married on 06/01/2019

Gorgeous flowers and the sweetest team!

Petals & Twigs was a dream to work with! Sarah is so talented and made wedding flower decisions a complete breeze. We had an idea of what we wanted, but she had so many great suggestions that made such a big difference. She was so flexible as we went back and forth between decisions and was able to turn a few inspiration images into our dream vision. Truly amazing work, and an even better person! I'd recommended to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Petals & Twigs 5
    Petals & Twigs 6

Claire · Married on 05/26/2019

Floral arrangements

Sarah was fantastic to work with for my wedding at Upper Shirley. She listened to everything I wanted and made it happen while also being conscious of my desire to not go overboard. She was never pushy with any suggestions or opinions and was timely and organized throughout planning/setting up!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2018

BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!!! Cannot thank her enough for making the day perfect!! Loved my bouquet and centerpieces!! She worked with my budget and even travelled out of town to Norfolk to set everything up. LOVE LOVE LOVE :)

Sent on 09/17/2018

Hailey · Married on 08/04/2018

I would recommend Petals & Twigs for anyone looking for a wonderful floral experience. Sarah was so down to earth and easy to talk with. I showed her some pictures of flowers that I liked and she did the rest. The flowers were unique yet simple, and beautiful. Petals & Twigs provided unique vases and stands that were exactly what I was looking for. Sarah executed my vision perfectly. On the day of, Sarah was calm and made me feel at ease. She was on time and took care of the drop off and pick up of all of the vases. If your looking for a talented and capable florist, look not further than Petals & Twigs!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2018

Sarah is a true artist, creative, and professional. Flowers were a very important element of my wedding design and Sarah and her team executed my vision flawlessly. My mom and I met with Sarah twice during the planning process (at the beginning and a month from the wedding) and communicated over email. She was flexible and accommodating, taking the time that we needed to feel comfortable with our floral design. She took my handful of Pinterest photos and descriptions during our meetings and turned them into stunning bouquets and arrangements - more beautiful than I could have imagined. Some wedding guests and members of our church who attended service the following Sunday said they were the prettiest wedding arrangements they had ever seen!

One of my favorite parts of working with Sarah was “shopping” for vases in her studio and designing the look for each arrangement. I enjoyed her creative ideas, like using vintage candle sticks as vases for tall top arrangements instead of bud vases. On the weekend of the wedding, everything arrived on time and was perfect. I never had to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend Petals & Twigs for your wedding or event - I just loved working with Sarah!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Chelsea · Married on 12/31/2017

Sarah with Petals & Twigs was absolutely wonderful. She simply asked that we send her inspiration for our day, and she did the rest. The flowers were stunning, and exactly what we envisioned. The value is unbelievable. She also worked very well with our wedding planner (Lindsay with LK Events and Design) and our venue. She was flexible, professional, and very responsive. She was willing to meet with us as many times as we needed for us to be comfortable (although it only took two meetings!). I would use Sarah for anything flower-related. She is amazing!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you!! What a glowing review, you all were a dream to work with too:-)

Rebecca · Married on 06/23/2017

Petals & Twigs is the absolute best! I cannot express how pleased I was with Sarah and her team. Sarah is quick to respond to emails, easy to work with, and produces simply stunning arrangements. Throughout the entire planning process, she was patient with my questions and informative in her suggestions. With so many moving parts of a wedding, I knew I did not have to worry or stress about my flowers because I felt so comfortable with Sarah. I knew and trusted that anything she made would look beautiful, and I was right! All bouquets, boutonnieres, center pieces, etc. were fresh, beautiful, and perfect. Highly recommend working with Sarah at Petals & Twigs!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you Rebecca, I appreciate the glowing review and we loved working with you and your family. Cheers to many happy years ahead!

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

I love love LOVE my wedding flowers. Sarah was absolutely wonderful to work with, and the finished product was even better than I imagined. I gave Sarah a basic idea of what I wanted (colors, a summary of the kinds of arrangements/bouquets that I knew I needed, a few flowers I like, style preference, and my budget), and pretty much left it to her, knowing she would know what to do much better than I would. Everyone kept talking about how stunning the flowers were. In addition to the bride and bridesmaid bouquets and groom and groomsmen boutonnieres, she also kindly prepared wrist corsages for my mother and mother-in-law that matched our colors but were still neutral enough to match their dresses. Sarah used small vases with mini bouquets to decorate seats along the aisle at our ceremony, which were then moved up to the cocktail tables for cocktail hour. We had gorgeous table arrangements that were a mix of bouquets and submerged floating flowers, that I noticed halfway through dinner were weighed down with small crystals so that they stayed perfectly submerged in the water. It was this amazing attention to detail that made everything so elegant and wonderful. Sarah was extremely responsive, great to work with, and my only regret was that I left for my honeymoon right after the wedding and therefore didn't get to enjoy the flowers for longer!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Kayla · Married on 10/08/2016

I used Petals & Twigs for my bouquets, boutonierres and corsages. They were extremely helpful with the entire process, very easy to work with, and the flowers were beautiful. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you Kayla! And you were a great bride:-)

Ruth · Married on 09/24/2016

Sarah is absolutely incredible. I came to her with a very rough idea of what I wanted and she created bouquets and arrangements more gorgeous than anything I ever could have imagined. Guests are still commenting about her arrangements more than a month after our wedding! She was so timely, accommodating, and flexible with us. We even had a last minute crisis with our venue and she so graciously saw the problem, identified a beautiful solution and executed her plan flawlessly. Sarah went above and beyond for us. You will not regret booking with Petals & Twigs.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you, Ruth! You were incredible to work with, I loved your color palate and I had fun with the curve ball. I can't wait to see the photos of you and Brandon. Best wishes, and stop by anytime. Sarah

Sarah is an absolute delight, and the floral arrangements and bouquets she designed for our wedding were absolutely beautiful. She managed to take my hodge podge of ideas mixed with our wedding colors to create unique, breathtaking arrangements. I changed my mind a couple of times during the process, and she was so easy going when it came to making revisions. Most of our planning was done long distance (I live in SF), and she was always reponsive on email. Our venue (museum) limited us in terms of decor, and so the flowers were the primary decoration at our reception. I didn't want to go over the top with gigantic vases, but we also wanted the flowers to make a statement, and Sarah made that happen. Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you Mary Catherine - you your mother were a delight to work with! And your colors were fabulous--Thank you for having me be a part of your wedding day! Sarah

Sarah is a delight to work with! Easy-going and professional at the same time. She worked with my daughter and me to figure out exactly what look my daughter was hoping for, and we could not have been happier with the result! We gave Sarah our budget, and I have no idea how she was able to make the venue look exactly as our daughter envisioned while staying within our budget, but she did!

Sent on 06/06/2016
  • User6191604 · 2+ years ago

Sarah, was awesome!!! I planned my wedding from 700 miles away and we communicated by email and phone. I sent pictures and when in town we sat down to discuss exactly what I wanted. I had no worries on my wedding day. She did everything just like we had planned and how I imagined it would look like while keeping me within budget. I highly recommend Sarah you can't go wrong!!!!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you Andrea! It was a pleasure to work with you and your new husband- Have a great honeymoon!

Kayla · Married on 10/03/2015

Sarah's flower arrangements turned out better than I could've ever imagined! They were so unique and exactly what I had imagined as a bride! She was so gracious as to accommodate my last minute addition of extra vases and delivery to venue! She was also a magnificent help to my mom, who was running around crazy the day-of, trying to set everything up! If you're looking for gorgeous and unique flowers, I definitely recommend Petals & Twigs!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Sonia · Married on 09/05/2015

I love flowers as much as the next person but when it came to floral design for the wedding, I was totally stumped. I knew I wanted to incorporate lots of lush greens (to keep costs low and add a bit of greenery/nature to our wedding venue) and to use seasonal flowers.

I also loved the idea of working with a local independent florist and met with Sarah of Petals & Twigs after reading great WeddingWire reviews. Before we booked Petals & Twigs for the wedding, by chance I participated in a WeddingWire floral workshop where Petals & Twigs did a tutorial on flower crowns and it was a blast; I still have the flower crown I created hanging in the house. After that informative and fun workshop, I went ahead and booked Petals & Twigs without hesitation :)

Sarah was incredibly mindful of our flower budget and did not hesitate to make suggestions to keep costs low but still make an impact with the flowers. Her calm and caring demeanor made appointments and planning seamless and I knew we were in great hands with flowers for the big day. They were delivered right on time at the getting-ready location and wedding venue. Our guests even commented on the floral centerpieces and loved that they looked garden-y yet not too wild or manicured.

I ADORED my bouquet and only wish I could have a fresh wedding bouquet delivered weekly! Lucky for me, I still get to purchase her gorgeous blooms at a local grocery store :)

Sarah - thank you SO much for doing our wedding florals! You are a true artist at what you do and keep up the amazing work!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Sonia, thank you so much! You are a pleasure to work with, stop by the studio anytime, I would love to see you!- Sarah

Sarah did EXACTLY what I wanted with just the two photos I showed her for inspiration. Her work is amazing and I was beyond thrilled with her work and how beautiful my flowers looked. Don't get your flowers done by anyone else!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you, thank you! We love what we do, and glad you did too!
  • Rebecca Ott

rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

We absolutely loved how beautiful Petals & Twigs made our day. Sarah is incredibly helpful and talented and she made our vision come to life just as we had imagined! She was amazing to travel up to the Homestead from Richmond with us and the day would not have been the same without her. We definitely recommend her to anyone in Richmond & surrounding areas. From my mostly white bouquet to the floral heaven she created in our ballroom, she went above and beyond.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Sarah with Petals & Twigs enhanced my wedding experience beyond measure!! She expertly created my bouquets, bouts, corsages, and, my favorite, the floral halos for myself and my flower girl.

She listened intently to my ideas, and articulated perfectly to me how she was going to make each piece. She even gave me great advice on topics wedding-related, i.e. wedding rentals, and vendor referrals.

I was blissfully happy with the result of her labors-- you can tell the flowers were all made with love, and with my vision in mind every step of the way. I highly recommend that you use Petals & Twigs for all your floral design needs!! I know that I will from now on! Thank you, Sarah!!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you! You are a pleasure to work with.

Sarah was wonderful to work with! She has an eye to make your event beautiful and unique!!

Dustin · Married on 10/11/2014

Sarah was AWESOME! I was pretty particular about what I wanted for my flowers. I know that draws out some of the creativity for the florist, but Sarah was so flexible. She made me comfortable enough that I was able to give her my vision with specifics and let her fill in the rest to be perfect for our wedding.

The flowers were specially ordered for my event and arrived very fresh. We ended up gifting all of our flowers to those who lived locally because they lasted 3-4 days after our event.

I would more than recommend Sarah and her services for your wedding, especially if you don't want cookie-cutter/magazine look alike flowers.

Petals & Twigs's reply:

Thank you, Dustin! What a nice review. It was a pleasure to work with you guys. And thank you for the "non-cookie cutter" comment. That is my goal!

We had a great experience with Petals and Twigs for our wedding. She was very creative and provided exactly what we asked for. She was also flexible with our budget.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Thank you!

Brittney · Married on 06/28/2014

Really works well with your budget and helps you pick things out that fit well for the season!!

Thank you!

Rossie · Married on 06/07/2014

Great designs. Easy to work with. On time!
    Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Kate · Married on 12/28/2013

Sarah was great to work with because she took my ideas for what I wanted and made them a reality. This took a lot of stress of wedding planning because I knew I could trust her to bring about my vision. I also loved the creativity that she brought to my wedding by making each arrangement a little bit different and unique, which was exactly what I was looking for.

Sent on 01/31/2014

Marie · Married on 12/07/2013

Sarah at Petals & Twigs was wonderful! I had no idea where to start when it came to flowers and decorations; she helped us process what we wanted, and equally-importantly, what would fit our budget. Sarah created arrangements with beautiful color, shape, volume and subtlety--quality that went beyond the cookie-cutter arrangements I usually see at weddings. We received many compliments from guests and we are happy we get to continue to enjoy Sarah's work in our pictures for years to come. Sarah was also just easy to work with and delightful. I've since purchased her work several times at our local grocery store, Elwood Thompson's.

Sent on 01/24/2014