Personal Weddings NC Reviews

83 Reviews for Personal Weddings NC

• Shannon

Shannon Gardner · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Amazing Officiant

We are so happy that we found Kevin to perform our wedding ceremony. From the very first meeting with him , we felt comfortable and knew he was the perfect person to marry us.
    He really took the time to get to know us and our family and that really came through in our ceremony. He also did a great job of talking us through our options of how the ceremony could go and worked to incorporate the small things that were important to us.
    I would recommend Kevin to anyone who is getting married and is looking for a personal touch from your officiant!

Emma Wingfield · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Personal Wedding

Kevin was wonderful and all the guest still tell us what a wonderful ceremony it was. It was personable, the right amount of religion, and told the story of us perfectly! When I was stressed out he pulled me to the side and asked what he could do to ease the stress; I don’t know if anyone else would have done that. He was flexible with all the COVID stuff going on and I would choose him all over again. He was the perfect fit for our wedding and I highly recommend you at least meet with him to see if he will work for your wedding; we knew within ten minutes we wanted to hire him.

Sent on 11/29/2020
  • Chelsea · Getting married on 04/10/2021

Kevin was amazing to work with!

We weren't sure what exactly we wanted/needed when attempting to choose an officiant, but as soon as we met Kevin we knew he would make our ceremony happen exactly how we wanted. We didn't know how to write our vows, or how to choose readings, etc. but Kevin helped with every step along the way!

• Amanda

Amanda Eakes · Married on 12/09/2020

Wonderful experience! We would recommend Kevin to everyone!

We hired Kevin to officiate our wedding, and he was fantastic! With the upheaval of Covid, we had already changed our date, and the details of the ceremony and reception 3 times. When we met with Kevin virtually, he immediately put us at ease, and reminded us that our day would be special and romantic regardless of the circumstances. He was organized, professional, and had a wonderful sense of humor. He wove the tale of how we met and got engaged perfectly, and I am so glad that he is who we chose as our officiant!

Brenda Strength · Married on 12/09/2020

Highly Recommend!!!

Kevin was such a joy to work with! From the initial meeting we knew he was the officiant we wanted to marry us! He is so easy to work with and is very thorough with every step of the ceremony planning process. He spends a lot of time really getting to know you as a couple and provides excellent suggestions to make your ceremony unique and tailored to your personalities. His light-heartedness and super fun personality made every meeting with him even that much more enjoyable. After each encounter, both me and my husband always left with a new boost of joy and happiness in our hearts. His flexibility during the all the COVID restrictions eased our concerns and still made our minimony super cute and fun! It was a great preview for what our full ceremony will look like next year!!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Gracie

Gracie Beal · Married on 11/12/2020

Mr. Holland is awesome

Mr. Holland is awesome, our ceremony was perfect and exactly what we wanted! He is very professional, caring and very in tune to his clients wants and needs. We will remember our special day for the rest of our lives, thank you Mr. Holland for such meaningful ceremony.

Sent on 12/18/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan Grouge · Married on 11/07/2020

Hire Kevin!

My husband and I are so happy Kevin was able to marry us. He worked hard to get to know us remotely (thanks, COVID) and make our ceremony feel personal and special despite not being able to meet with him in person after March. He worked personal anecdotes into the wedding to make us and our guests laugh, as well as included prayers and more traditional religious wedding ceremony aspects. We highly recommend Kevin for any couple looking to get hitched!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Melissa B · Married on 10/24/2020

Perfect Officiant!

If you’re thinking about booking Kevin, for goodness sakes do it!!! It is the day after my wedding and I am already writing this review because Kevin was that amazing. He was the only officiant we met with, he was so personal and perfect that there was no point in looking any further.

Kevin made both of us cry like a baby during our ceremony. It was totally customized to us, and was far better than we imagined even after seeing drafts of the ceremony beforehand.

Kevin was also very professional, punctual, knowledgeable, and generally awesome. Kevin, thank you for helping us seal our bond in marriage. You’ll always hold a special place in our hearts when we remember our wedding day.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Stephanie Lawson · Married on 10/10/2020

Kevin holland - the very best

There are not enough words that would describe how highly I recommend Kevin Holland. Kevin was the first and only person we met with to become our officiant. To us, Kevin checked every one of our boxes and made us feel at ease immediately. Somehow, despite being strangers on the other side of a Zoom call (thanks to Covid) Kevin was able to put us at ease during a global pandemic with so much uncertainty, letting us know everything would be okay, and he would be delighted to share in our special day. He took the time to understand our relationship, as well as our upbringing(s), and catered to our exact wants and needs for an officiant. He effortlessly blended my husband’s Episcopalian upbringing and my family’s Catholic upbringing to make it a truly special day and something that is inherently ours. Kevin was not only the person to marry us legally and in the eyes of God; he became a member of our family that day and shared in our love and commitment to each other. We couldn’t have done it without him, and if you’re looking for a ceremony that’s truly unique, thoughtful, and meaningful- hire Kevin, and do not look back!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Mark

Mark Whitteker · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Wedding Officiant

Kevin did an amazing job officiating our wedding! He took the time to get to know us, figure out exactly what we wanted, and worked closely with us to deliver the perfect ceremony. The personal touches made it truly special. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Victoria

Victoria Newcomb · Married on 10/09/2020

Our family and friends were blown away by Kevin!

Kevin was a wonderful personal touch to our wedding day. He spent time with us planning the ceremony and was so receptive to any and all wishes we had. He was willing to meet any way we found best fit for us. He really took the time to get to know us and share our story. All of our guests were just completely blown away by how beautiful the ceremony was.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Steinbroner · Married on 10/09/2020

You won’t be disappointed!

Kevin was a great officiant who has left our guests wanting a copy of his wonderful words while we stood at the alter. We were able to meet with him in-person at a coffee shop pre-Covid where he asked us general questions about ourselves and our relationship. Then we met via Zoom as the wedding approached where he went over what we should expect on the big day and gave us both religious and non-religious options for what he was going to say. Most importantly, he sent us both questionnaires from which he weaved together the stories that we provided. This was, unanimously, the best part of the ceremony receiving great reviews from our guests. We thoroughly enjoyed working with Kevin as he was extremely responsive to our questions and was able to make our personalities and senses of humor shine through during the ceremony. We highly recommend him for your wedding. You won’t be remotely disappointed!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Grotzke · Married on 10/01/2020

Unbelievably wonderful at telling our story

Kevin is amazing!!!! It was such a joy working with him and he made it so easy for us to build the perfect ceremony. He took the time to get to know us and create a ceremony that matched us so well. He even held a vow writing workshop which was extremely helpful since we decided to write our own and that was a big undertaking.

Although we got to see our whole ceremony (minus our love story) written out, it was absolutely incredible watching it come to life as Kevin delivered the most amazing ceremony. We had so many family and friends tell us how they felt the ceremony was so perfect for us. It was the perfect balance of religion, love and lightheartedness. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kevin and he truly made our wedding day magical. I cannot thank him enough for everything!

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • Dana

Dana Marrero · Married on 09/18/2020

We loved Kevin!

We were so pleased working with Kevin. He offers a completely customized ceremony experience at one reasonable fee. We didn't have to deal with pricing tiers or cookie cutter speeches. He was super responsive and totally willing to change anything we wanted to meet our needs which is great because I'm sure he's used to some of us picky brides and seems unfazed. I had so many compliments from our guests about what nice meaningful words Kevin spoke. He ran a great efficient rehearsal that really prepared us to look like we knew what we were doing! I rewatchrd my ceremony video last night and it was just perfect! My husband and I got emotional all over again! Thank you Kevin

Sent on 10/29/2020

Hillary · Married on 08/22/2020

Flexible and Helpful

Kevin was incredibly flexible with the multiple changes with our ceremony due to corona. His process for getting to know us as a couple was very in-depth. He provided guidance and recommendations along the way. Highly recommend to everyone!!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Becca

Becca Lee Taylor · Married on 07/04/2020

He's one of the best!

As a wedding planner - I am always looking for officiants who will take the time to get to know my clients in order to tell their story and help lead a meaningful ceremony on their wedding day. After working with Kevin to create an intimate ceremony for one of our couple's whose wedding was rescheduled because of COVID - I was blown away. Kevin took what was an emotional and scary day and through his words created strong memories that my couple, their parents, and I will remember forever. Kevin is the real deal! If you want an officiant who will genuinely care about you as a couple and your marriage, look no further! I look forward to working with him more in the future!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Matthew Randall · Married on 05/30/2020

Incredibly Helpful!

Words can't express how pleased we were with Kevin as our officiant. He was so helpful in the process leading up to the wedding, including our multiple postponements due to the pandemic. We loved how he scripted our ceremony, and we received several compliments on how beautiful it was as well! He even saved the day at the last minute when we forgot an important item for the ceremony. Would absolutely recommend him to couples looking for an officiant.

Sent on 11/28/2020
  • digieverafter

Kaylee Nayman · Married on 05/10/2020

Would recommend Kevin to any bride and groom to be!!

We feel so fortunate to have had Kevin officiate at both our weddings (COVID moved our original date). He is very professional, reliable, friendly, caring and compassionate. His calm and peaceful demeanor made our wedding a beautiful event and we had lots of compliments from our friends and family. Kevin guided us thoughtfully in preparing for our ceremony and made it an easy process once the day came!
    Also, Kevin very respectfully steps out of way for your first kiss so he isn't in the middle of the picture. I never thought of this until he brought it up to us. Now I look at wedding photos and see so many officiants that haven't moved!

He was incredible supportive and we highly recommend him to officiate at your wedding!

Thank you Kevin!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Boyce · Married on 03/07/2020

Lucky to have found Kevin

Kevin delivered such a personalized ceremony. He met with us multiple times, gave us so many helpful suggestions, and gave us a ceremony we will always cherish. We received so many compliments from our guests and are so thankful we found him.

Sent on 04/02/2020
  • Meissa

Meissa Peterson · Married on 02/22/2020

Highly Recommend!!

We met Kevin at one of the first open houses we attended. He was so kind and welcoming and from what I remember he was telling us more about the venue then himself. That is when we knew he would be perfect for us - he wasn’t trying to “sell” us - he was truly interested in us having our best day! A few weeks after meeting we had a Skype discussion (it was around Christmas time so less hectic for all of us). After the call ended my husband and I both agreed we wanted to choose Kevin - and laughed and laughed - because we were both so positive we wanted to tell Kevin before the call ended but also didn’t want to make a decision without discussing with one another. Kevin made this whole process so easy. Our families are Catholic - and we chose to do a non Catholic ceremony. While they were upset at first - after our ceremony all anyone could talk about was how amazing Kevin was. As we desired - Kevin’s ceremony for us told our story. It was perfect!! Even our other vendors commented on him and said he was now their number one to recommend to other customers.

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Katherine

Katherine Kelly · Married on 02/22/2020

Wedding coordinator

If I could give Kevin more then 5 stars on a website rating I would in a heartbeat. Not only was he very helpful but he was attentive, flexible and responsive to all of my wedding wants and needs! It is obvious when working with Kevin that it isn’t “just a job” for him but a passion. He took the time to get to know me, my family and every detail I wanted involved into my wedding day. Kevin was even flexible when it came to in person or Face time meetings to work around my schedule and chaotic life. Needless to say but I would recommend his business to anyone looking for the best officiant in North Carolina. Thank you for making my ceremony perfect even with all my last minute changes!!!! BEST IN TOWN hands down!

• Krissy

Krissy · Married on 10/12/2019

BEST DECISION for your wedding!

We are absolutely in awe of Kevin and his amazing talent and passion for marrying couples and telling their stories. Choosing Kevin to marry us was the absolute best decision we could have made. We still have people talking (almost 3 weeks later!) about how our wedding ceremony was the best one they've ever been to--and I completely agree! Kevin took the time to truly get to know us as a couple and worked with us to create a ceremony that was truly personal and unique to US. He told our love story better than we could. We love that Kevin wrote our story and kept it a secret until the day-of--it was truly such a special moment for both of us. When Kevin spoke, there was literally not a dry eye in the entire room. I wish I had more friends getting married because I would recommend Kevin to every single person I know.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/05/2019

Kevin is wonderful!

Kevin is wonderful. He is professional, responsive, helpful and kind. He performed a heartfelt, lovely ceremony that was tailored just for my husband and I. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

Grateful we hired Kevin for our wedding

My husband and I currently live in Chicago, but got married in Cary, NC back in October. We were a little hesitant about hiring an officiant who we had never met before, but upon the first skype interview with Kevin, I knew he was the right person to marry us. We met with Kevin in-person a couple of months before the wedding and when we were discussing our ceremony plans he made me cry FOUR times -- tears of joy, of course! He just felt like family and it felt like he knew my fiance (now husband) and I for 10+ years. Communication was effortless with Kevin and he even took care of all of the marriage license stuff for us. I had SO many people come up to me at our reception and tell me that was the best ceremony they had ever witnessed - it felt like the perfect combination of who Zack and I were as a couple. Several people even thought we had known Kevin for years! Thank you Kevin for making our ceremony every thing we wanted!!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Eva Quintero · Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful Ceremony

Kevin made our ceremony truly memorable. Immediately after our ceremony we received numerous compliments on how lovely and personal the ceremony felt, and we have him to thank for that. Kevin made himself available to us throughout the wedding planning process and was extremely helpful. He was very accommodating, as we didn’t want to have a very religious ceremony but did want to have some catholic undertones and he knew exactly how to do it. Kevin truly made our ceremony special and could not thank him enough (especially for wearing that robe in 90+ degree heat!)

Sent on 11/06/2019