Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service Reviews

Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 7
  • Kate

Kate Lavall · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent Vendor!

We loved working with Darlene and Ed! They were super nice and easy to get in touch with throughout the whole process. Darlene gave me so many options for our ceremony that I was able to pick the perfect one for us as a couple. People thought Darlene knew us personally she did such a nice job. Ed also did a great job capturing our vision for the music for the night -- we kept getting so many complements from our guests about the soundtrack. I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a DJ or officiant/or both!!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole J. Despres · Married on 07/20/2019

A magical summer evening wedding!

My husband was being deployed and we decided to get married last minute before he left. Darlene at Personal Touch came through for us and gave us the most perfect, beautiful wedding in a week's time! She came up with the wedding location near her business, a charming park in Hope, RI where we were married in a lovely gazebo on an amazing summer evening. There were so many wonderful places there for pictures and the ceremony that Darlene customized for us brought me to tears. It was beyond anything I imagined. The perfect, perfect, perfect wedding and all done in a week! Darlene is hands-down the best professional in the business and anyone who wants to ensure that they have one less thing to worry about on the most important day of their lives should absolutely hire Personal Touch for their wedding ceremony.

Sent on 07/20/2019

Meghan · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent Officiant!

We booked Darlene Schlesinger @ Personal Touch Ceremonies for our wedding. Prior to our wedding, we had an initial phone consultation with her to book, and then communicated via email until our rehearsal, which is where we met in person. While initially I was hesitant about not meeting our officiant until the day prior to our wedding, Darlene was very available to us by phone/email which eased my anxiety. She allowed us the flexibility to write our own ceremony completely, and provided us with feedback along the way. She was absolutely wonderful at our rehearsal, and is overall just a fun friendly person to be around. Unfortunately, due to a family emergency, she ended up being unable to be the officiant on our actual wedding day, however kept us well informed and lined up a replacement officiant for us, Stephanie, who was able to perform the ceremony without issue!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Kristen Quinlan · Married on 11/06/2018

My experience with her was very professional she made me feel very comfortable.

Reverend Darlene was amazing she made us feel very comfortable . She made my special day definitely a day to remember. Thank you so much I will highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Derek · Married on 07/08/2018

She was very helpful shared experiences and reasonable very nice liked a lot I would recommend her to everybody

Sent on 01/24/2018

Allie · Married on 04/28/2018

We can’t even begin to express how amazing our wedding day was and Darlene was a huge part of that! We wanted a fun and personal ceremony and we could not be more elated with the outcome. It was absolutely beautiful and surpassed all of our expectations! Darlene had us and our guest laughing while never taking away from the true purpose or importance of the ceremony. We have received countless compliments as to how absolutely beautiful and touching the ceremony was, a few people asked us if Darlene was a personal friend of ours, and two of our vendors even told us that it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever seen! Thank you Darlene from the bottom of our hearts for helping to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!!!

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 8
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 9
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 10
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 11

Megan · Married on 11/04/2017

Darlene was absolutely wonderful. She was so kind and helpful through the entire process. Even though she could not perform my ceremony, she coordinated everything and connected us with an officiant she has worked with in the past. From start to finish our ceremony was perfect because of Personal Touch Ceremonies.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/06/2017

Hiring Rev Darlene as our offiant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She has an amazing personality and made the ceremony stress free and fun! She was so easy to work with and made our wedding even better than we could of imagined We highly recommend Personal Touch Ceremonies!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/30/2017

Rev. Darlene Shlesinger was amazing, she made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She was willing to do a rehearsal for us and was open to suggestions. I highly recommended Personal Touch.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Kerri · Married on 09/17/2017

Darlene did such a fantastic job on my ceremony! I was so nervous, but Darlene made it easy for us... she made us laugh and took the pressure off! She responded to calls and emails in a timely manner and her pricing was affordable. I would totally recommend booking with Darlene/Personal Touch Ceremonies!!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2017

Darlene was a dream to work with in planning our ceremony. She was very responsive and helpful in answering our questions, and helped make our day a success!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Tiffany · Married on 08/19/2017

Darlene and Ed are THE BEST! My poor hubby was so nervous he kept botching up his lines. Darlene was really cool about it and helped us both to relax and enjoy our ceremony. Ed was an awesome D.J. He played a variety of music, as we requested. There was something for everyone from the young kids to the hip-hop crew to the metal heads! Everyone enjoyed and completed our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with the both of you! You are the ideal couple, any wedding professionals would consider themselves extremely lucky to work with the both of you! Thank you so much.

ERIN · Married on 08/04/2017

Darlene was amazing! She made our August 2017 ceremony exactly what we were looking for. Personal Touch provided dozens of examples of vows and "flow" of the ceremony for us to choose from, and in the end, we pulled together the perfect combination of elegance, family, heritage, and even humor! I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 12
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 13

Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. What a pleasure it was performing your ceremony. You both have such beautiful families and friends that make the best of you shine through. Loved working with you. Congratulations!!

Jenifer/Harold · Married on 07/16/2017

On July 16, 2017 Darlene made our wedding such a beautiful day.
    Throughout our entire process from talking to her and answering questions we had before we even made a deposit. Even after making deposit, she always communicated with us and keeping us calm. The price was very reasonable, and she was very accommodating.
    My mother passed away before our wedding and she had no problem making adjustments into our memorial for our ceremony.
    She was very friendly, and very funny!
    We definitely had few laughs during ceremony.
    All the nerves we had went away quickly because she made us feel at ease. Before ceremony she came into bridal room to see how I was doing and as nervous as I was. She kept me calm.
    So for all you brides out there looking for that perfect ceremony. Darlene is who you want to perform your beautiful day.
    Thankyou again Darlene for making our ceremony so beautiful.
    Sincerely,
    Jenifer & Harold Johnson

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 14
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 15
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 16
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 17

Audrey · Married on 07/01/2017

We couldn’t have ask a better person to marry us.... she help us put together a beautiful ceremony!! And most important she kept us laughing and having a great time while we were up there! I highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 18
    Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service 19

sarah · Married on 06/16/2017

Darlene was the officiant at our wedding - and she was WONDERFUL! She braved some serious waves to get out to Block Island in time for our ceremony, and did an amazing job of rolling with all of the last-minute changes. She was professional and very personable!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! I would have sailed the 7 Seas to get there for your ceremony! Much love to the both of you!

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2017

We found Darlene on the Block Island Chamber of Commerce website. She was the only one who had a website so I chose to reach out to her first. But once I had a chat with her I knew she was the one I wanted to marry, Greg and I. I was a little stressed because I didn’t know what to expect. I thought I was supposed to know everything about wedding vows and how the whole process worked. Darlene did not leave us hanging. She totally simplified everything and made it super easy! She’s a lot of fun to work with and is very relatable. We loved having her perform our service and we would highly recommend her to other couples. Thank you so much Darlene! Sincerely, Lindsey & Greg Goodrich

Sent on 07/13/2017

Personal Touch Ceremonies & DJ Service's reply:

You are both the absolute best! Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing review! Working with couples like you and Greg make me love what I do even more! Congratulations! xo

Heather · Married on 05/20/2017

Darlene did an amazing job with our service! She personalized it right to what we wanted. We receive compliments all the time about it!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Brett · Married on 08/27/2016

Darlene was great and laid back to work with. She kept things light and kept everyone calm. It was great working with her!!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/27/2016

Darlene was amazing! From the moment that I met Darlene things just ran very smoothly and throughout the entire process. She kept things very calm and light. I would highly recommend Darlene for every couple getting married!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Le-Ann · Married on 06/25/2016

LOVED LOVED Having someone with a great sense of humor. She made a memorable moment for everyone.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Personal Touch is just that! Darlene, was fantastic in helping us create the perfect ceremony. This was our second marriage for both of us and together we have six teenage and older children whom all were part of our ceremony. Darlene suggested a sand ceremony to make the day as special for the kids as it was for us. The sand ceremony is designed to create a unity between the whole family. It was truly amazing how much the kids loved it. Our guest all commented on how absolutely beautiful our ceremony was and how much they enjoyed it.
    My wife and I were so happy that we choose Personal Touch Ceremonies for our special day!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Abigail · Married on 06/04/2016

Rev Ed performed our ceremony on Block Island in June and did an amazing job. We were a little hesitant since we were not able to meet beforehand but Darlene and Rev Ed made all the logistics from a far as seamless as possible. Rev Ed arrived on time, met with us before the rehearsal and everything went extremely smooth the day of and his delivery was great. We highly recommend!

Sent on 08/30/2016

We were very pleased and happy about the wedding ceremony presented by Rev. Edward Shlesinger. The presentation was very professional and in a comfortable delightful way. We would highly recommend Rev. Edward Shlesinger.

Mr & Mrs Arnie Baskin

Sent on 12/22/2015

Rui · Married on 10/10/2015

Excellent job! Very reliable and professional, yet fun. Helped us with our vows and sand ceremony and they were very comfortable to talk to. Would highly recommend to family and friends. Thank you for everything!

~Cherie and Rui