Perona Farms Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kourtney
    Kourtney A. Getting married on 07/07/2022

First wedding at the tent!

Perona farms really pulled thru for my husband and I, they got that tent up in time for us to be the first wedding. Stacy and Madison were top notch amazing at my wedding. From the moment I got on the grounds in the morning, we felt taken care of and we didn’t have to think about anything or feel pressured we were going to forget something because these two girls had our back in every single aspect you could think of. All of the behind the scene responsibilities were done effortlessly they are so professional but also so fun to be around! Literally anything we needed, from the most random requests were provided to us INSTANTLY. I would highly recommend perona farms as a venue, and if you are lucky enough to get even one of these girls you are golden.
  • Kate&Adam
    Kate S. Married on 01/16/2022

A Dream Come True!!

My husband and I got married about a month ago and our guests are still talking about it. Our winter wedding was everything we could have hoped for. We went with the Refinery, which is so unique and stunning all at once. From the start, working with Marley was easy, comfortable but still very exciting. They were accommodating to the food allergies of a couple guests and the few menu items we wanted to change. She was kind, helpful and was great with communication. There are so many outstanding points to make about Perona Farms, I'll put the most impactful ones in here.
    The service is impeccable. Myself and my family have never felt so cared for by a business. There wasn't a thing any of us lacked the entire weekend. Someone was always checking on us or being helpful in some way. As a bride, I have never felt more special. Not just on the big day, but even starting at the tasting, to the rehearsal dinner and even picking up our decor the next day. Our coordinator Kim, kept us all on time and on track for our ceremony and made sure everything was set up perfectly (which it was). She did this all while checking on me and my girls and helping our photographers. Desirre was in our wedding but still managed to help decorate and make gorgeous signs for our perfect day. Every moment was more beautiful than the last thanks to Kim and Desirre. Franklin and Kelsey did a fantastic job handling everything for the reception, I don't think there was a moment my husband and I needed a single thing. They kept things running smoothly from start to finish. I can't say enough about the people who work there. Everyone is wonderful!
    If you're looking for great food it doesn't get better than this. The food was outstanding! Still-think-about-it weeks-later-outstanding. All of guests couldn't get over the food. The cocktail hour is to die for. You also don't have to sacrifice any of your wants, you get it all! Then the dinner is amazing too, we went with the hybrid option of family style and plated which is a perfect balance of slightly casual and a little refined. No one left hungry, that's for sure!
    Another thing to mention, if you have the opportunity to have the DeBurgh house the weekend of your wedding I highly recommend it. The rehearsal dinner held there is an incredible way to start off your wedding weekend. Again, unbelievable food and the best service and staff you could every dream of. My new in-laws stayed and they have been raving about it since!! Trust Perona and their visions, without them our wedding wouldn't have been as beautiful as it was. They have been doing this for over 100 years! Aside from definitely getting married here I would highly recommend trying to not sweat the small stuff, at the end of it, if you're getting married at Perona you'll have an amazing wedding while marrying the love of your life!
    All my husband and I want is to do it all again, not to change a thing but to experience it all another time!
    All Pictures I'm posting are done by Carrie Kizuka Photography- She's amazing!!!
    Nicole P. Married on 12/18/2021

A perfect wedding day

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Perona Farms was everything we could've wanted, and then some. Our wedding at the Barn was beyond beautiful and went off flawlessly thanks to Perona Farm's incredible staff. Throughout the entire process, they were always there to work with us and very responsive. Our guests had an incredible experience, with plenty of high praise for their amazing menu of food. We hope to be able to come back as a guest in the future, and would highly recommend Perona Farms to anybody.
    Caroline C. Married on 12/05/2021

Everything you could want and more!

We had our wedding at The Barn last weekend and are still in awe of how incredible the entire experience was.. from beginning to end I cannot tell you how seamless and pain-free the planning was, thanks to Ivette our event coordinator. We got engaged in 2019, and knew off the bat we didn't want the "cookie cutter" NY wedding.. looking for something exquisite but unique and rustic..Perona Farms checked all boxes and more. From the second we walked into the Barn, at knew our was where wet needed to have our wedding. We booked the DeBergh House as well, so everything would be at the venue and easier for us and our families. I recommend booking the DeBergh House to every couple, I cannot say more amazing things about the Rehearsal dinner and the fact that you wake up in this amazing, immaculate house, the people who work there are the nicest ever(Linda is the most amazing person ever), and you can just walk out onto the amazing porch, with the fireplace, and get ready without any extra stress.. every detail big or small, is combed through, and they make everything is how you want! All of guests were blown away by how beautiful everything was, and how incredible the food is ( everything is farm to table) I cannot begin to count how many people asked me"where did you find this place?!" And how much fun they all had.. if you have any doubts.. please book this venue I promise it will be everything you both dreamed of.
    I cannot say this with more feeling..THANK YOU to everyone, Ivette, Linda, Ginnie, Jenny, and Brendan.. for making our wedding more than we could of dreamed of!
    Xoxo,
    Caroline and Angel Rosario
  • Chris
    Chris C. Married on 11/28/2021

excellent all around

all was excellent and exceeded our highest expectations (and we are not always easy to please)
    The food was delicious (both the cocktail hr and the main)
    The service was excellent. The bar tenders excellent. The setup and the overall presentation superb. Could not be happier! Thank you Perona
    Brittany C. Married on 11/24/2021

Perfect Day

Our experience with Perona Farms was fantastic from the beginning. We initially had our wedding planned for last November 2020, but decided to reschedule it at the last minute to remain covid-safe. Marley worked with us from our initial tour of the barn venue (we ended up booking it that day-pictures don’t do it justice, as it is so much more beautiful in person) up to our last and final meeting. She was genuine, kind, organized, and responsive. We had several questions and changed things around quite a bit during most of 2020 and some of 2021, and nothing was ever too much to ask. She was accommodating when we could not reach our minimum guest count and graciously made some adjustments.

We finally got married yesterday, November 24, 2021 and it was absolutely breathtaking. Desiree was our wedding/ceremony coordinator for the start of the day and immediately met us outside when we arrived. She was lovely! She made sure everyone in our wedding party/family had everything they needed, kept managing our time, and made sure everything went smoothly with pictures. She even drove us around to different sites to take pictures with our photographers and made sure we had some food for the ride.

Franklin was our Maitre D’ and I cannot say enough positive things about him. He was sooooo attentive to my husband and I the entire night. He entertained my need to have control and organized the entire night to our liking. He kept the traditional stuff (Introductions, dances, sparklers) moving, so we could enjoy ourselves and dance the rest of the night. He made sure we ate throughout the night (he continued to make us plates of food and brought them to the wedding suite when we wanted to get away) and had drinks made for us before we were even done with the ones we were currently drinking.

The rest of the service and operations team were also wonderful! I’m upset I could not get everyone’s names, but just know that everyone was so kind and thoughtful.

I have never had so much more fun at a wedding and I’m not just being biased! All my guests had nothing but positive things to say in reference to the food (many many many compliments on that), the beautiful venue and decor, and several breathtaking places for people to take pictures.

Perona Farms knows how to throw a wedding!
  • Tracey
    Tracey T. Married on 10/16/2021

A once in a lifetime experience

Hello to all fellow couples. My husband and I were engaged on November 22, 2019 and were recently married at Perona Farms this past Saturday, October 16, 2021 in The Reserve room. We had been working with them for over a year and to say that we feel like part of their family is an understatement. If I were able to choose ten (10) stars or more I would! We initially chose them due to the location and the fact that I personally love all things rustic and fall-like. After our initial meeting with them there was no need to look any further. From the owners, to our coordinators and down to every last member of the staff they were the most wonderful people to work with. We enjoyed every step of our planning with them and they truly helped us to enjoy the process. We always felt welcome with open arms even when we attended our tasting. There had to be over 100 couples and yet we still felt like the only couple there from the moment they greeted us when we first arrived to the moment when we left. The area and view is breathtaking and the property and aesthetics are sublime. Their individual buildings (The Barn, The Reserve and The Refinery) are exquisite! The food is out of this world and the variety is amazing! In addition, the vendors that are on their list are equally amazing and are too worth ten (10) stars! I am speaking from the heart when I say that if I had the chance to do it again I would not change a single thing. When you are with the Perona Family you will become a member instantly! Wishing all fellow couples a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Antonija
    Antonija P. Married on 10/10/2021

The Perfect Wedding

My husband and I are still amazed at how beautiful our wedding day was. The staff and services at Perona Farms is exceptional, and this was noted by all of our guests. The venue space at The Refinery is elegant, with a large dance floor and room for guests to mix and mingle. We wish we could have eaten more at our cocktail hour, because our gusts RAVED about the food. A tremendous thank you to Robin, Christine and Franklin who supported us in every way day of, and made sure my husband and I were taken care of. Truly fantastic service. Our wedding was everything we hoped it would be.
  • Courtney
    Courtney E. Married on 08/27/2021

Flawless Execution

My husband and I booked The Barn as well as the DeBergh house for our wedding. The best decision we have ever made! The DeBergh house was a perfect two night stay. We came up the day before and had our rehearsal with amazing food and a low key comfortable vibe at the house followed by a beautiful bonding moment with our bridal party the night before our big day outside on the porch by the fire. The ease of waking up where we needed to be was amazing. The staff was extremely responsive and read our minds for our needs before we even knew we needed it! Our guests have been raving about the Venue from the service to the gorgeous backdrop of the rustic barn. Our ceremony was planned to be outside but because of some rain, Perona was able to flawless pivot to an indoor ceremony. The staff was amazing, friendly, professional, and all around perfect. The food for cocktail was amazing and with an even more amazing family style reception meal. The space inside and back porch area was accommodating for all of our guests wants and needs. And I love that they caught my vision for switching up from a traditional wedding cake to Perona home cooked pies. Perona was beyond accommodating for any special meal requests and treated us like family. As the night wore down and our guests heading home, we were able to head back across the street to the DeBergh house with our bridal parties to kick back and bask in our wedding glory. We were sad to leave the next morning since our wedding felt like a vacation thanks to the Perona Staff. Huge shoutouts to Marley for planning, Kelly for coordinating the ceremony, Franklin for coordinating the cocktail and reception and making sure I ate during the big day, and Ginny for all our DeBergh house needs!
    Arianna C. Married on 07/24/2021

Absolutely perfect!

We could not have asked for a better venue. Our guests were blown away with The Barn at Perona. From the food, to the professionalism, to the beautiful space and views, we got nothing but compliments. We worked with Marley from booking, to rescheduling because of covid, and then the final details of our big day. She was wonderful to work with - very responsive, organized, and patient. Desiree and Christine took care of us the day of and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. They were 5 steps ahead of me and the day was flawless. I trusted them completely and they delivered more than I could have asked. Perona knows what they are doing and they are absolutely a venue you should consider if you want a worry-free wedding. Thank you for everything, Perona!
  • Lyndsay
    Lyndsay Married on 07/09/2021

A Dream Come True

We got married at The Refinery almost 3 months ago now and it was everything we hoped for and more! We booked our wedding back in February 2020 based off of the computer renderings-something I never thought we'd be doing! But we did it because we lovveedd the renderings and we felt good and at home from the first time we ever visited Perona Farms! It was such an awesome and unique experience watching our venue get built. Our coordinator Ivette was very responsive, friendly, and accommodating throughout the whole process. The day of the grand reveal we were both blown away, it was even better than we ever could've imagined!

Our ceremony coordinator was Desiree & our Maitre'd was Franklin, they were both so great, along with the entire staff! My parents have high expectations when it comes to service and they only had positive and amazing things to say about the entire Perona staff!

The ceremony room with the live green wall and retractable roof and siding is really what sold me from the very beginning. I always wanted an outdoor ceremony but did not want the stress of weather ruining things and this construction was EVERYTHING! And it WAS raining a bit during our ceremony so the roof was closed and the side was open and at the time I literally didn't even notice. The ceremony was so surreal and dreamy, something I will never forget.

I can go on and on, but lastly I will say I LOVED the hidden door into the bridal party lounge (omg) that was such an exciting extra they added, for someone like me who loves speakeasy's, I just felt The Refinery was made for us! Us girls got ready in The Maureen Suite-which being a makeup artist myself- I really appreciated the natural light and mirror stations! Perfect for makeup and hair.

I highly recommend The Refinery & Perona Farms as a whole!

THANK YOU!
    Thomas R. Married on 06/20/2021

Perfect doesn't do it justice !!!

A huge thank you and round of applause for the staff at Perona Farms from the Mother and Father of the Bride. From the day we met Ivette back in 2019, through the first round of planning for a 2020 wedding, the changes during the pandemic, to the final goodbyes the day of our daughter’s wedding in 2021, we could not have been happier. Ivette and Brian were so patient, supportive and helpful through the entire process - date changes, décor ideas, menu options, etc. The day of the event we had Jenny, Kim, Robin, Franklin, and many others who treated us like royalty and made sure all the needs of the bridal party and parents were taken care of. The Piazza was a incredible venue for the wedding, and the reception in the Reserve was better than we could have imagined. We had so many compliments from our guests about the appetizers, the main course, and desserts. We would give Perona more stars if we could and would recommend them to anyone needing a beautiful venue and super attentive staff. Kudos to you all !!!
    Jacqueline S. Married on 06/03/2021

Amazing Venue

Our experience with Perona Farms was incredible from start to finish. Ivette, our wedding coordinator, was friendly, accessible, and professional. The venue itself was amazing (we got married in the Barn) - food, service, ambience - all top notch and everything that we were hoping for. We also rented the cottages for use before the ceremony which were a great touch and well worth reserving . The staff on the day of our wedding was phenomenal and we wanted for absolutely nothing! The pictures we were able to get on the grounds of the property were also out of this world.

Our day was simply perfect and we could not have chosen a better place and group of people to help us make our day as amazing as it was. We would recommend this venue 1,000 times over.
    Carly M. Married on 05/27/2021

The BEST experience of our lives!

There aren’t enough words to describe how amazing Perona Farms was for our wedding on 05/27/2021. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was extremely stressful and unpredictable, however Ivette and Bryant were always there to help ease our minds and help us through everything. We can not thank you guys enough! Perona Farms went above and beyond for my husband and I to make our day perfect and it was! Desirre, you were our rock the day of wedding making sure we were all comfortable, at ease and having the best time of our lives! You made our day so special and words can not begin to tell you how much we appreciate you! Heather, you were so kind and caring as well as making sure every dish and drink was to absolute perfection! I can not even begin to express how DELICIOUS the food was! Whether is was the appetizers or the entrees very bite was better than the first! Perona, thank you so much for making this the BEST day of our lives!
    Tom E. Married on 05/22/2021

Absolutely Perfect

Perona Farms made our wedding dreams a reality. They were absolutely amazing to work with leading up to our wedding and felt like they were with us every step of the way. We really can't thank them enough for the service, guidance and compassion they provided, especially in the midst of the unknown during covid.

We already knew how beautiful Perona Farms is, but were still blown away on our wedding day. From the moment we arrived, we were treated by their team like we were their sole priority, which is extremely impressive, knowing what a busy venue this is. We wanted to specifically mention that Jenny was on top of everything, all while being extremely sweet. She was nothing short of amazing! The suites and our bridal party were tended to in a top-notch fashion.

We were speechless walking into the reserve with the amazing job the team did with the decorations. Our guests did not, and still have not, stopped talking about how beautiful everything was. Christine greeted us immediately and really made us confident that everything was under control on a day that felt like a whirlwind to us. Her experience and expertise should not go unnoticed and several of our guests mentioned how great she was by name. The entire service team were true professionals, which was recognized by both ourselves and our guests.

We have been to enough weddings to know that the food is normally just average. This was not the case here and we still don't know how they cook for that many people and provide that level of quality. Everything was delicious, perfectly portioned and timed beautifully. Our guests could not stop raving about how great everything was.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! Thank you for the amazing food and service. Thank you for the beauty of our big day. Thank you for having compiled such and amazing team. Thank you for a truly perfect day and thank you for helping make our dream wedding a reality!
    Brendan Married on 05/15/2021

Stunning and Delicious!!

From the staff, the food, the grounds, to the Reserve Room, Perona Farms was everything we were looking for in a venue. Marley was a pleasure to work from Day 1 through the day after our reception. The Avondoglio Family truly cares about their clients. They provided continuous updates regarding COVID protocols and were very accommodating throughout the entire postponement process. The entire staff’s attention to detail did not go unnoticed. Desiree, Franklin and Kelsey were exceptional! They consistently checked in with us to ensure our reception exceeded our expectations. We could not be happier to have them, and the entire service staff that played a special part in our day. Our guests continue to rave about the service. The food was spectacular at both cocktail hour and our chosen family style dinner service. The smoked salmon is a must try! We cannot wait to go back for future events at Perona Farms.
  • Casey
    Casey W. Married on 03/13/2021

Stress-Free, Helpful, Beautiful

Perona Farms was really accommodating with our changes due to COVID and really helped make sure our day was perfect. We rented the carriage house for the day where we all get ready and it was the best decision. The staff was so helpful during the planning process and made us feel heard. Maddison was there during the day to help make sure the day went smoothly while getting ready and she was so amazing. The day was so chaotic and she helped out. It's crazy how they can see all of your family drama in one day and are so there with all the personal moments. My dad forgot his tie and Maddison found one he could borrow. Then he got to Perona and realized he forgot his shoes so my mom went and got them for him. I didn't know any of this because they kept it a secret from me to avoid stress. Due to all this, my mom missed my first look with the bridal party. Maddison made sure the we took the time to do another with my family and to make sure I wasn't stressed about any of it. Then we had Franklin who was the maitre d for the night and was so incredibly helpful. I wasn't feeling good and he was there to encourage me to eat and also get me ginger ale or bread. He was so funny and personable and even had to deal with me and my husband telling him to do two different things. LOL. The food was amazing, it's all we kept hearing about the day of and following days. And everything was beautiful! I am so glad we picked Perona.
  • Becky
    Becky W. Married on 02/27/2021

our best day!

There are SO many good things to say about Perona Farms. Everything they do is perfect. Our wedding day on 11/27/21 in the Reserve was everything we wanted it to be/knew it would be as Perona Farms has PLENTY of experience in executing amazing events. From the start, our experience with Marley in the booking process went so smoothly & she is so easy to work with! She answered all of our questions & in a timely manner. She definitely knows her stuff! I felt so confident with the team they have in place. They were easy to work with during the process of postponing the date due to COVID. The Perona Farms experience for our tasting was such a fun event to attend & try out all the yummy selections! At Rehearsal, everything went so smoothly. We LOVE Kim! She is such a great asset to the team. She had all of us in order & ran everything perfectly. Our Officiant/Bridesmaid felt so much more comfortable with Kim's help that day too! On the day of, we started out early in the Carriage House with the girls upstairs and the guys downstairs in the Workshop. It was great, there was plenty of room for the 11 of us & the hair & makeup artists. The attendant for the day was great too! She was so sweet & helpful. The food that was included for booking the suites was awesome too! I need that recipe for the Chia Pudding Parfait! We were all raving about how tasty it was! Auggie & Mark both checked in on us as well! Making sure we were all good and event adjusting the heat from the little fireplace. It was a very nice! Having the shuttle for photos in the cold weather was really nice to get us to & from the spots on the property for photos. Kim even weathered the cold with us & stood by and held my veil & shawl at certain points for photos! Getting into the main suite inside before the ceremony was easy, all of our things were already there from the carriage house. The ceremony was everything we wanted it to be! The atmosphere was perfect for the outdoor vibes I was looking for. Kim & Marley were there to assist us in walking down the aisle & it felt like a breeze! Fixing my veil to look perfect! Cocktail Hour was SO good. All of our guests raved about the food, as we knew they would!! It went by so quick. I knew we should have added on the extra half hour! They accommodated an item we really wanted at cocktail hour as it was one of my favorite items from when they had Sunday Brunch which was SUPER yummy. All of our courses for dinner were perfect. From the Main Lobster Tail Appetizer to the Fall Salad to the Duet of Chateaubriand & Bronzino-- it was more than perfect. Brendan was our Maitre D & he was on point all night! I felt like he made the event flow so well & never felt rushed to sit to eat our courses. A table of friends even commented that they loved Fern, one of the servers so much that they need her address to put her on their Christmas card list, haha. We danced the night away & it went by so quick as we knew it would! The donuts were the perfect ending & are so good! The next morning, picking everything up was easy too, all packed on rolling carts & into our cars they went! We can't wait for someone else I know to have an event there so we can go back just as guests! It is always a great time at Perona Farms & our wedding was just that. Thank you to the entire Avondoglio family & team at Perona Farms for the most wonderful experience! We appreciate it more than you all know!
  • Sara
    Sara O. Married on 01/03/2021

Highly Recommend!

We recently were married at Perona Farms, just prior to the closure of all venues. I could not have asked for a more perfect day. Like many people, we did not have much time to plan a wedding, with all the fine details that come up. Due to the beauty of Perona Farms Barns the decorations that we needed to provide were minimal. Our event coordinator, Ivette McGauley, was absolutely incredible from the moment we picked the venue. She responded to all of our emails nearly immediately and calmed our nerves from the start of the wedding day to the end. Every little concern that we may have had, Ivette and her staff took care of to make the both the planning process and our wedding day run smoothly.

A few things that we and our guests particularly liked was the the food (obviously), the family style serving and the staffs attention to detail and cleanliness!

Thank you for making our day so special!
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn S. Married on 11/27/2020

Top notch and beautiful venue

Perona Farms went above and beyond for our special day! Staff answered all our questions and made our day a day to remember! Guests raved about the food and loved the safety precautions that are put I to place for everyone! We were so happy !
    Beatriz P. Married on 10/29/2020

Amazing! Best Decision Ever!

Perona Farms is truly amazing! My wedding is on October 2020, but so far they have been great to me and my fiance and I know they will be great on my wedding day! The staff are all so nice and are very attentive with their emails! Not to mention their amazing food that they serve on brunch days! This venue is everything I imagined and ever wanted! I truly believe I have made the best choice by picking Perona Farms as my venue!
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten D. Married on 10/22/2020

Trip to Perona

My fiance and I visited Perona Farms where we were greeted with nothing by smiles from all the staff members. Our tour was very thorough and informative. When it came time to sit down to talk about a plan, we felt comfortable and had all the knowledge we needed in order to make any decisions. Our experience there was definitely memorable.
  • Emily
    Emily M. Married on 09/11/2020

A Class Act All Around

It's no wonder why this venue has been around for over 100 years. They had been more than accomodating throughout the entire planning process with the COVID pandemic. We originally booked the Reserve Room, but moved to the Tent due to COVID regulations. I am still blown away over how perfect the tent was and it was only put up a few months ago. Everything flowed perfectly from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. The food was amazing with a seasonal twist. They made sure to follow all COVID regulations to keep everyone safe. I can't wait to continue to show my support with an annual brunch on site to celebrate our anniversary!
    Sara M. Married on 05/24/2020

So nice to work with

We had a great experience w Marley. She showed real patience answering all our questions. We are excited about having the wedding there