39 Reviews for Permanent Vacation

Cocktail Hour (2)
MC (2)
Music During Breaks (2)
Karaoke (1)

Permanent Vacation was the perfect choice for our wedding! My husband (then fiance) and I had been to a wedding that they performed at and had such a great time. Because of this, they were the first thing I booked when we started planning our own wedding. The music was phenomenal and they learned one of our favorite songs for our first dance! Michael is extremely responsive and accommodating! All of our guests raved about the fantastic music. I highly recommend Permanent Vacation for anyone looking for a great band!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was the perfect band for our wedding! After communicating with Michael several times we booked them and never looked back! They were accommodating and learned a not so well known song for our first dance. They played it perfectly. We had so much fun dancing to all of their music. They followed my list of songs I requested and played them in the perfect order. Overall, great value, great professionalism and we'd recommend them in a heartbeat! Thanks guys!

Profile Picture Liz, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation is absolutely amazing! We hired their four piece band, Acoustic Vacation, for our wedding and I can not say enough about how great they were. Michael was so nice, flexible and responsive prior to the wedding. The variety of music they played was perfect and they were so much fun! All of our guests can't stop talking about how great they were.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was AMAZING!!!! They had the crowd going all night! EVERYONE was on the dance floor! I cannot recommend them enough!!! Very easy to work with and very responsive!

Profile Picture Shannon, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation is truly the best wedding band I've ever heard. They had most of our guests on the dance floor and I've received so many compliments on their behalf. They were flexible and went above and beyond to make our reception exactly what I dreamed it would be.

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was incredible to work with from the moment that we booked them. They are very responsive, professional, and organized. At the wedding they had EVERYONE on the dance floor. They are by far the best wedding band I have ever heard and I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the Charleston area (or beyond)! We received so many compliments about the band and we can't wait to go hear them again soon!

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/24/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Dan and I are SO GLAD we hired Permanent Vacation to play for us! They had all our guests dancing and laughing--we couldn't have asked for a better party, and they were very affordable! My husband and I were so excited to find a band that played lots of songs each of us liked. Michael was quick to respond to every email I sent, and helped me come up with a great timeline for the evening. Everyone in the band is super nice, fun, and loves what they do, so they were great to work with, and made the reception a memorable party for us and for all of our guests!

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was an absolute pleasure to work with! As a wedding vendor, I work with lots of bands and DJs and I can 100% say that these guys are one of the best! They were so kind, very punctual, and made the event such a special night for the bride and groom. I can not say enough positive things about Michael and his whole team. If you're looking for a wedding band, these are your guys!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

As a wedding planner in Charleston, I see my fair share of wedding bands. Permanent Vacation is one of my favorite bands, hands down! These guys are extremely talented and easy to work with! They make each event unique and truly take the clients song list to heart when they play!! If you want your dance floor packed at your wedding, hire Permanent Vacation!! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/4/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was absolutely the best band for my wedding! Michael, the band manager, was so professional and took care of everything. My guests and I loved them so much that we wanted an encore, which the band gave us! They have music for every age and can rock the night away! They are the best Charleston wedding band by far!

Profile Picture Abigail, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

If your looking for a band that will have everyone on the dance floor.. These are your guys! We had so much fun with them..They even had my (now) husband up there singing at one point haha! What an amazing group of talented musicians who are looking to make your night one you will never forget.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Permanent Vacation played our wedding in October 2016 and did a fantastic job! During the booking and planning stages, PV was responsive and flexible, giving us all of the answers we needed and working with us as we figured out what we wanted for the day of. Their performance during the reception was energetic and fun, playing a wonderful variety of songs. We got compliments from guests young and old on how good the band was! We would not think twice about booking them again for any type of event! Thank you PV for helping to make our wedding so much fun and memorable!!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys are very interactive with the audience and work hard to get everyone engaged. Take advantage of the song list and do not be afraid to send them songs off of their list...they played several that we sent their way.

Profile Picture Pat, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Karaoke, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

All I can say is amazing!! Everyone at the wedding loved them! Their music is wonderful and so great for all ages! They are entertaining and professional. My wedding planner raved about how easy and accommodating they are to work with through the whole process! Any requests you have they do the best to meet them:) best part of my wedding besides getting married of course!!!

Profile Picture User7215969, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

AWESOME band! They were fantastic and kept the crowd dancing the entire night! BOOK THEM! :)

Profile Picture K, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Michael and Permanent Vacation are perfect. Really, there is no other word to describe them! From the time we emailed and met, Michael has been professional, kind, communicative, and helpful! Going through the process of planning a big wedding in Charleston can be scary and overwhelming with all the details but, with Permanent Vacation as your band, music and entertainment will not be a cause of stress!
After carefully planning every detail of the evening, Michael and the band ROCKED! They played every requested song in a way that our guests couldn't leave the dance floor! We danced all night and every single song! Cannot say enough great things about this band- really truly the best! Highly recommend to any bride!!

Profile Picture Dana, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation was absolutely amazing at our wedding!! We wanted everyone up and dancing the whole time and they made that happen. They were so easy to work with and we have had nothing but compliments about how great the band was at our reception and how much fun everyone had! Thanks again, you guys are the best!!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Reception, Vocals, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Permanent Vacation was absolutely amazing. They got people of all ages up and dancing. They even surprised us with some more modern songs that they learned for us. They seriously made are our wedding. Book them and I promise you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Jordyn, 3/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Reception, Sound/PA System

Amazing. The members of this band went above and beyond to make sure that we had the best reception. They put up with every crazy request, every last minute change or addition, and even made the entire reception sing happy birthday to my MOH. People were always on the dance floor which is exactly what I wanted. Permanent vacation is the best. One friend at the wedding has already booked them for their wedding next May! The band interacted with guests, barely took any breaks, and were just an all around pleasure to do business with. Would recommend 1 million times over!!!

Profile Picture Connie, 3/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

I can't begin to say enough about Permanent Vacation! They played at my sister's wedding 3 years ago and everyone had so much fun that we had to have them back! The energy they bring in just amazing! From the first song to the last, they had the dance floor packed. They learned 3 songs for us for our reception and they were just perfect! The way they interact with the crowd and keep the party going is unreal. I don't think they took a break for longer than a few minutes or at least it seemed that way. Everyone is still talking about the great time they had, mostly because of the band. Michael is a great talent and very easy to work with. He always responded promptly to my mom's emails and made sure our day was PERFECT! The band is VERY reasonably priced for as talented as they are. Our family LOVES Permanent Vacation! My mom is sad there are no more daughters to marry off so we can have them play for us again!! LOL One of our guests did book them for her daughter's wedding next year so we'll be able to party with them again! If you book Permanent Vacation you will not be disappointed. They are simply the BEST WEDDING BAND EVER!!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Permanent Vacation is one of my favorite wedding bands ever. Not only did they do an excellent job at my wedding, but I have been to several other weddings where they performed. They keep the crowd entertained and dancing. People of all ages were on the dance floor and loving the band. My now husband's grandmother said that she could have stayed a few more hours because of the band, and it was 11 pm when she left! The list of songs that they send you is unbelievable and now husband and I had to narrow down our selections because we picked over 100 songs that we would like them to play. I had several people ask me about how I found them or how they could book them after the wedding. The group is fantastic and was so easy to work with. I never had a doubt about their willingness to accommodate me or help make my day as wonderful as possible. With a million other vendors and people that I was juggling, it was nice to know that the band would take care of themselves and put on an amazing show! I highly recommend Permanent Vacation!

Profile Picture Sandi , 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

It was important to me to have FUN at my wedding and Permanent Vacation made that happen! All my friends and family had a blast and danced the night away just how I had always imagined! Everyone loved them! Not only were they a talented, fun, energetic, band at my reception, Michael made the planning so easy! Michael was on point with communication and answers to all my questions! It made the process so easy and stress free! I highly recommend them for ANY occasion!!!

Profile Picture User4374955, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hi my name is Jan Moore and I was the wedding planner for this wedding. Michael and the band were a pleasure to work with. The band sounded awesome and all the guest had a great time. Had many compliments about the band.

Profile Picture Janice , 11/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I LOVED THESE GUYS for our wedding, and so did everyone else!

I surveyed a huge network of people asking about what wedding bands they'd seen and heard of, how they were, etc. Over and over and over again I kept hearing "Permanent Vacation"...at the rate at which they were being recommended as nonstop fun, keeps everyone on their feet but classy enough for your flower girl and your grandma to jam to, I was sure they were going to be about twice the price. I was so pleased with the price that as soon as I got one of them on the phone, I booked them.

They took my exact requests, made some recommendations that totally improved the set list, and were always kind and patient through countless neurotic emails and phonecalls from me. (Oops?) The loaded a rare song recording that I wanted to dance with my dad to and arranged to play me and my husband's "first dance" live. And these guys can go for hours. They play lots of weddings but also events around town, that's when you know they're really fun. Their live recordings on their website don't do them justice. People are still commenting on how great the music was--it was the best thing about our wedding and totally set the mood for a fun and laid-back night. They also can swap from tender, more serious moments and back in a flash, to always keep the mood right. Pick these guys I swear...you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Christina, 11/15/14, 1 Review