Perfect Honeymoons Reviews

254 | Mount Pleasant, SC

254 Reviews for Perfect Honeymoons

Kristen · Married on 10/07/2017

Perfect Honeymoons truly planned just that. Our ten-day trip was packed with both relaxing and fun-filled adventures to help us see the best of each Hawaiian island we stopped at. The process was easy and removed all worry of our trip - including last minute changes. Jim is top-notch and planned the best itinerary for a newlywed couple just two days post-wedding. His professionalism and amazing recommendations showed that he truly understood our style and wants, and the honeymoon was the trip of a lifetime thanks to him. We will absolutely be planning future trips with Perfect Honeymoons! Thanks so much for everything - you have given us incredible memories to start our lives together.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Kristen,

Wow..... Your photo's look incredible, thank you so much for sharing. Looking at your pictures made me felt like I was back in Hawaii. Thank you for the compliments I try to be professional but low key and laid back at the same time. I have some great ideas for future trips don't hesitate to reach back out.

Mahalo,

Jim

Nicky · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about working with Steve (and Gretchen too)! Our two week honeymoon to a few islands in Tahiti was perfect and we cannot thank him enough for all his recommendations and hard work to make our honeymoon so wonderful!

We met with Steve to discuss the locations, time frame, and activities we wanted for our honeymoon. In addition to Bora Bora and Moorea, we knew we wanted to explore another island and Steve's recommendation of Le Taha'a was a trip highlight for us!

Steve took care of everything for us including flights, all ground and island transfers including ferries, hotels, and even our excursions and activities! He even provided us with nightly dinner restaurants including local restaurants outside of our hotel with transportation included. We met with Steve once, had a few phone calls, and discussed plans via e-mail to make sure all the arrangements matched up with plans we wanted for the trip!

Booking with Steve and Perfect Honeymoons through Classic Vacations also included upgraded rooms, as available, at some of our hotels, included breakfasts at each resort, and a bottle of champagne at check in!

Steve was very helpful and responsive! We would highly recommend his services! It was great having someone else head up the honeymoon plans while we were busy planning the wedding. It was wonderful having an incredible honeymoon waiting for us after our wedding! Thanks Perfect Honeymoons!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Nicky,

Your'e welcome, Both Gretchen and I had a ton of fun working with you to plan this over the top honeymoon to multiple islands in Tahiti. I hope we haven't spoiled you for future vacations :-)

Yours Truly,

MATTHEW · Married on 09/15/2017

We decided to go to Walt Disney World for a Graduation. Gretchen worked so hard for us getting us everything that we wanted, and planning and working with family from a different state to make sure we were all there at the same time and stayed in the same location in the hotel. She was always there when we needed her especially when Hurricane Maria hit Florida causing us to postpone our trip. She took care of any issues that we ran into. I recommend Gretchen to anyone looking for a Travel Agent. In my book she is the best. We can’t wait to plan more trips with her!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Matthew,

That's one of the benefits of working with an agent, if things go wrong we are here to help and fix them. Mother nature has a mind of her own, luckily you had us and we were about to help. Thank you so much for the the compliment.

Gretchen.

Heather · Married on 09/09/2017

My wife and I used perfect honeymoons twice so far and I do not have enough good things to say. We used Steve Macknight and he was a pleasure to work with. Our first trip with them was to Thailand and we felt like royalty. Steve and his company took care of everything. Even when our flight was delayed he made sure everything went smoothly. The second trip was to Africa and again perfect honeymoons went above and beyond to make our trip the best possible experience it could be. I will never travel without perfect honeymoons or Steve again. It makes traveling simple and stress free and most of all it makes our trip worth every penny we spend.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Heather,

" I will never travel without perfect honeymoons or Steve again" we are going to hold you to that LOL!

It also helps we are sending you to bucket list destinations (Thailand, Africa) but we strive to be the best and and go that extra mile to make our clients feel like royalty. Your note made my day, and I look forward to planning your next extraordinary journey someplace epic around the world.

Cheers,

Amber · Married on 09/03/2017

I tell my husband all the time that hiring Steve McKnight with Perfect Honeymoons was the best money spent during the entire wedding planning process! We did not have to do anything besides telling Steve what we had in mind, how much we wanted to spend, and when we wanted to go. He took care of everything! Within a couple of days of our first phone call, Steve provided 4 different itineraries and destinations to choose from. He ran through the pros/cons of each and helped us decide where we wanted to go. Hurricane Irma rolled through the Carribbean/Florida 3 days before we were supposed to leave to St. Lucia. Within 48 hours, Steve coordinated a completely new honeymoon to Maui which turned out wonderful! He was responsive and patient during the whole process. I recommend Perfect Honeymoons to all couples that stress-free planning of their honeymoon. I'll definitely contact Steve again for future trips!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Amber,

Wow, I don't even know what to say but just a heartfelt thank you. I remember when I found out about the Hurricane... I didn't want to have to tell you the bad news. So I decided to plan a wonderful plan b trip to Hawaii in hopes it would take your mind off St.Lucia and it looks like it did. How about we plan for St.Lucia (just not in hurricane season) for future trip?

Aloha,

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

Jim was absolutely amazing when planning our honeymoon. He made some great suggestions after taking into account what we wanted from a honeymoon, our budget, and asked questions to make sure it was right. AND THEN...when we had to change our plans 19 hours before our first flight due to a hurricane, Jim came in on a holiday to help us switch all of our plans from St. Lucia to Hawaii! He was extremely responsive and gave great recommendations. We highly recommend working with Jim when planning a honeymoon or any trip!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Sarah,

19 hours might have been a record for me in terms of planning a backup (but still epic honeymoon) plan. All though not ideal we do what it takes(even working on holidays) to get our clients on their honeymoon. We look forward to planning another vacation for you given the opportunity, thanks for sharing.

Yours Truly,

Jim

carissa · Married on 08/19/2017

We cannot say enough great things about our honeymoon. Gretchen was our agent and from start to finish she was so helpful. We had no idea where we wanted to go and she took the time to get to know us and came up with the perfect vacation for us. There is no way we could have done this on our own. We traveled to Fiji and stayed a two resorts. The travel was completely stress free! That never happens when you travel international but somehow they can make it happen.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Carissa,

I can't say enough about the two of you, you are such a perfect couple and I am so happy for you. Fiji is like heaven on earth and the people are so genuine, so happy I was able to guide you towards make the right choice for your Perfect Honeymoon.

Gretchen

Max · Married on 08/05/2017

For our honeymoon we had the great opportunity to work with Steve Macknight at Perfect Honeymoons. Steve was beyond amazing. His understanding, his passion and his love for travel are amazing. Steve was able to guide us in the right direction. His knowledge about Tahiti was very helpful to us. He took his time to explain everything to us. He was very patient with us. He was very friendly and professional with us. He understood what we were trying to do. Steve always answers my phone call and on the rare occasion he missed my call he always returned my call in a timely manner. I highly recommended Steve to help anyone plan they honeymoon. You will find in Steve a travel agent that does not push you, but instead work with you to achieve your Honeymoon goal. You will find in Steve a very knowledgeable and passionate travel agent. Please give Steve the opportunity to help you plan your honeymoon because he is the best.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Max,

Thank for you kindly for the wonderful review. Travel is indeed my passion and I am glad it shows in the experiences I create for my couples on their honeymoon. I am lucky to work in a job I am passionate about and to get work with awesome couples such as yourselves.

Alyson · Married on 06/10/2017

Jim set up the most unbelievable and seamless honeymoon to Greece. We stayed at three hotels/resorts that were unique, fun, and totally our speed. From the first conversation to the actual honeymoon, everything was great. Transportation, hotels, food recommendations--all exactly what we were hoping for! I have been recommending Jim to all of our friends.

Sent on 07/03/2017

David · Married on 06/10/2017

My fiance arranged a Skype meeting with Jim. We talked for a little over an hour figuring out what place would fit our wants and budget. The rest of the communication was via email. He would send suggestions for resorts to stay and flights to book. It was all very easy and affordable. We didn't need to reach out during our travels. The cost and advice was 100% worth it. We had the best honeymoon we could have imagined and it was all thanks to Perfect Honeymoons.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Jill Rappaport · Married on 10/30/2016

Planning made Easy!

Working with Gretchen on our Honeymoon experience was the best decision we ever made. My wife and I are workaholics and had no time to plan a trip ourselves. In comes Gretchen to the rescue. Gretchen took the time to learn all about what we were looking for with this trip and taking into consideration our budget and travel time. Gretchen was super responsive and made EVERYTHING easy on us. I would highly recommend Gretchen and Perfect Honeymoons!!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Perfect Honeymoons's reply:

Thank you Jill! I can't wait to get started on your next getaway! Thank you for always thinking of me!

Cheers!
    Gretchen

Andrew · Married on 10/23/2016

Gretchen planned our honeymoon to Hawaii. Having never been there before we were overwhelmed thinking about all the details. Gretchen NAILED it. We were amazed by the quality of the resorts we stayed at. She even got us the best room in the Kea Lani resort on Maui. She lined up 4 major activities for us and gave great ideas on other things to do if we had time. Other perks included breakfast being included everyday and champagne delivered to our room. This was the nicest honeymoon we could imagine. Unless you are a seasoned traveler and know exactly where you want to go, I suggest letting these professionals blow you away.
    Thank you Gretchen, and the team at Perfect Honeymoons!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Britt · Married on 10/22/2016

Jim and Perfect Honeymoons made planning our honeymoon incredibly easy. He really customized the trip based on what we wanted to do and see as opposed to some agents who just give you a basic package based on destination. We were sent off with a comprehensive itinerary, packing guide, and lots of general information so that we felt completely prepared. It was such a smooth trip with someone to meet us every step of the way, and we loved all of the accommodations. I would definitely use Jim at Perfect Honeymoons again if we could do it over, and hope to work with him again in our future travels!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Nicholas · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I had the perfect honeymoon in San Diego thanks to Gretchen. I have already recommended Gretchen to several friends and family because she was so responsive, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The Perfect Honeymoons app is the perfect way to store all of the necessary information and an easy way to stay in touch with the travel agent.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Caitlin · Married on 10/01/2016

Gretchen was amazing! Planning a wedding is overwhelming, stressful, time consuming ... the list goes on. The best decision my husband and I made through the entire experience was getting help in planning our honeymoon! Gretchen worked with us for quite some time planning our perfect honeymoon in Maui. She was an expert in the area and had all the answers to the million of our questions. We stayed at the Fairmont which was perfect for a 'no kiddo' relaxing time. She planned the flights, car rental, some of our dinner reservations, and three excursions. I did NOTHING! I said, "yes" or "no" and then magically I had everything mailed to me in a nice package and we were on our way. If something came up, which it never did, I had a number to call to get assistance. If I was freaking out, as I typically do, about something that was out of my power like weather, I could call Gretchen and she would calm me down. As well, the best part of the service in my opinion, in the case something did come up and we had to move our honeymoon location or date, Perfect Honeymoon would transfer our money and it would all be taken care of. That sort of worry is not something you need when you're already planning a wedding. Perfect Honeymoon did all the work for us. Love the service, love Gretchen and LOVED my honeymoon. Weeks later I'm still dreaming about drinks poolside.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Myca · Married on 09/10/2016

We decided to save up for a year after the wedding before taking a honeymoon and used Perfect Honeymoons as they were recommended by a co-worker. Steve and Gretchen were so wonderful to work with. I'd never used a travel agency before and found the whole process to be of ease, which speaks volumes to Perfect Honeymoons, their staff, and knowledge of tourism. My husband and I had several locations in mind and Steve graciously looked up and provided details on each location. He was incredibly patient with us as we switched destinations due to the Zika virus and once we selected our final destination Steve was able to make some wonderful recommendations. He also put us in touch with Gretchen, who'd recently returned from visiting Greece. Both Steve and Gretchen were available to us before and during our honeymoon which was a huge plus. Knowing we had communication with our travel agents made the trip even more enjoyable as we could ask questions, voice concerns, ask for recommendations and more.

I can say we will absolutely be using Perfect Honeymoons again and again!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Matthew · Married on 09/10/2016

My wife and I had never used a travel agency before, but for our honeymoon we decided to get some professional help in planning the trip. After talking with Steve and Gretchen we immediately decided to go with them and Perfect Honeymoons. This was one of the best decisions we made. Steve was amazingly patient in helping us choose a destination, and he was externally knowledgeable on all the locations we were interested in traveling to for our honeymoon. My wife and I will absolutely be using Perfect Honeymoons to plan our next vacation, and highly recommend them to anyone who wants there honeymoon to be completely stress feee!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Makenna · Married on 08/27/2016

Gretchen was AWESOME! She worked with both my husband and I in helping us plan a dream come true honeymoon in Hawaii! My husband and I are not the easiest to deal with as we can be a little particular but Gretchen was patient, helpful, charismatic, and there for us 100%!! Even when we needed to make last minute changes when we were on our honeymoon due to me getting sick, Gretchen came to the rescue! She did everything and anything she could to help us have an amazing time. She is not just a travel planner, she is like your new best friend! She takes the time to get to know the couple and gets to know what it is exactly that you want out of your vacation from A to Z and then delivers! If you want an unforgettable time, planned by someone who knows the ins and outs of everything, you have to go to Gretchen! We will definitely be using her again for our trips in the future. Thanks Gretchen!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Liz · Married on 07/23/2016

We are SO glad we used Perfect Honeymoons! Steve was just fantastic. When you're planning a wedding, the thought of planning a major trip is very overwhelming, especially because we wanted to do more than just sit on a beach for a week (not that there is anything wrong with that!). It was so great to work with someone who knew Hawaii, and who took the time to get to know what we wanted in a honeymoon, which was a combination of relaxation and exploration. Steve really took the time to analyze what we were looking for before proposing a package, and then make any changes that we asked for. There is no way I would have been able to research and plan a trip as perfect as what we ended up having, and I am so thankful for Steve's work and expertise. Looking forward to planning many more "honeymoons" through Steve and Perfect Honeymoons!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/07/2016

We used Steve from Perfect Honeymoons and were thrilled with our choice! He was easy to talk to, understood with first meeting what kind of trip we were looking for and had great advice as he has been pretty much everywhere, at least it seems. He gave us options to choose from to meet our price range and let us know in detail what would be included in our reservation. He also booked not only our hotels and some excursions but our airfare too which was a huge help as he made sure to give us enough time in between flights. We really lucked out by finding Steve. Since returning from our honeymoon in Moorea and Bora Bora, I have recommended Steve and the company to two different couples I know of that will be getting married next year. If you want your once in a lifetime trip planned perfectly, look no further...use Perfect Honeymoons. We will definitely be using them again for our overseas trips in the future!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Katie · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I were referred to Perfect Honeymoons (and Steve Macknight). The entire experience was great! We spoke with Steve a few times via phone and e-mail – he asked us questions about our travel preferences and personality and he provided us with many options and ideas. We planned our honeymoon in Spain and they took care of so many details for us. Although we have both traveled a lot, he was able to provide us with airport recommendations (when we should take a cab or have car service pick us up due to logistics), intra-country travel (plane vs. train), and tour recommendations.

While we were in Spain, we had a few questions, and we e-mailed Steve – he was quick to respond and assist us!

I would highly recommend Perfect Honeymoons and Steve to anyone looking to plan a perfect vacation or honeymoon.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Ryan · Married on 04/16/2016

5 stars in every category is not hyperbole. My wife and I visited Spain with stops in Barcelona, Seville and Madrid. Steve Macknight was on top of every detail from beginning to end! We provided him with some preferences on the front end and he was able to craft a honeymoon that completely matched our interests. It was an excellent combination of culture, adventure and relaxation. The hotels were particularly interesting, each being located in a walkable part of the city. We found ourselves excited to see what awaited us at our next destination. Transportation was arranged so seamlessly that I don't recall a moment of stress. We can't wait to take another trip and will only trust the planning to Steve at Perfect Honeymoons!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Steve helped us plan a fantastic honeymoon on very short notice. We wanted to take our trip before we moved for my husband's new job, and that deadline was fast approaching! We told him our budget and the style of vacation we wanted, and he booked us the perfect getaway at the right price and within our timeframe, too! He even helped us book excursions and activities. I had never been to an all-inclusive resort before, and the experience was wonderful! I'm so glad we decided to get outside help to plan our honeymoon--I can't imagine what a headache it would have been if we had tried to figure everything out ourselves. Steve's knowledge and experience really made a difference. I'm still amazed we were able to have such a great time within our (pretty tiny) budget. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Jim helped us plan truly the "Perfect" honeymoon! My husband and I had a fall wedding in Tuscany, and then traveled from Florence to the Amalfi Coast and Sicily. Jim helped us discover many hidden gems during our travels. From a resort hidden in the mountainside , to a private beach club, and even a hole in the wall eatery reminiscent of an Italian grandmother's kitchen, Jim truly customized our honeymoon to be a unique experience exclusive to my Husband and I. I would highly recommend Jim to help plan any romantic getaway, and he has certainly gained two new lifelong customers.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2015

Perfect Honeymoons was so enjoyable to work with when planning our honeymoon. Gretchen, from Perfect Honeymoons, did such a great job identifying the perfect honeymoon venue for us based on our wants, needs, and most importantly our budget. We originally wanted to go to Bora Bora or Fiji, but quickly realized that our love for alcohol and food would not be cohesive with the lack of all-inclusive options. So, Gretchen provided us a few other options of all-inclusive resorts that had a similar look and feel to what we wanted in Bora Bora. We ultimately decided on a Rondeval with private plunge pool with butler service at Sandals Grande Antigua. Gretchen was so helpful leading up to leaving regarding packing, passport, checking in, pre-booking excursions, completing our butler preference forms, etc. We had a great time on our honeymoon, and were so happy to hear from Gretchen when we got back! We highly recommend Perfect Honeymoons & Holidays!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Perfect Honeymoons's reply:

Thank you Dani! It was a great pleasure working with you and Jake both. I'm thrilled that you had such a wonderful time in Antigua and will be looking forward to the next getaway that I get to help you plan! All the very best!