Perceptions Photography Reviews

63 Reviews for Perceptions Photography

• Jack

Jack F. · Married on 02/10/2021

A great experience!

I would highly recommend the team of Sandy and Dale to anyone. She has a great eye for using environments and natural light to create great images. They are also very efficient and organized.

Sent on 10/27/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thanks for your quick and kind review Jack! It was so great being there on your wedding day! Loved the warm and inviting environment you, Kait and your families created for us to be free to document your day!
  • Lorraine

Lorraine H. · Married on 02/10/2021

Absolutely perfect!

Sandy was the photographer at our daughter’s destination wedding in Palm Springs, CA. She explored the venue and surrounding area for the best places and ways to capture the special day. Her experience, knowledge and creativity were evident throughout the entire wedding day as she made sure all planned as well as countless spontaneous shots were taken until after the last dance. Her calm and friendly demeanor put everyone at ease. I highly recommend Sandy and Perceptions Photography.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lorraine ... so fabulous to be with you and your family at this beautiful destination, and such an honor to be chosen to be your wedding photographer! Thank you!
  • Ashley

Ashley B. · Married on 11/07/2020

More than a photographer

Sandy did my wedding this past weekend and I will forever be grateful for her. She captured us and our day beautifully and was someone who just made the day seem easy. She was there for me every step of the way through wedding planning, even with things that didn’t have anything to do with her. She helped me hold it together the day of when I kept crying. Everything about sandy and her business is amazing. Amazing photo quality, great pricing and package deals, the best person. I’m so glad sandy was apart of my day.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Ashley ... it was a gorgeous day, with record breaking temps for New England. You deserved this, at the least. You and Jeff are a great couple who clearly love each other so, so much! We are honored to have been your photographers! Congratulations!

Lindsay T. · Married on 10/24/2020

Your Wedding Day = A Breeze With Sandy!

Sandy had taken my senior portraits in High School, so I knew for my wedding I had to have her again! What a difficult year to run business as usual with the COVID-19 outbreak but Sandy does so in the most professional way! Masks on, keeping socially distanced, updates through Zoom and FaceTime, our time with Sandy was always done in the safest way! Our wedding date was 10/24/20 at my parents backyard and we fortunately had Sandy all day long! Not only did she capture every moment so beautifully she also helped us coordinate the day accordingly and we couldn’t have imagined our day without her! Looking forward to future photoshoots with Sandy! Simply the best!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay. Despite (3) different postponements of your wedding day, you ended up having such a beautiful day, without a dry eye in the house! I think that all (12) people that attended were crying happy tears at one time or another! Love you both, and hope to stay with you along life's journey!

Joyce · Married on 10/10/2020

Class Act! Beyond Expectations!

There are no words to describe my gratitude to Sandy at Perceptions Photography. Her professionalism, knowledge of her craft, and follow through is something to be recognized! Sandy created exactly what we wished for with a classy, romantic and FUN feel! The photographs are beyond our expectations! Most importantly, being a “covid bride” Sandy brought of a sense of calm and flexibility when we needed it most. After numerous last minute changes, Sandy remained positive, and accommodating. She was the one vendor that kept us informed of important details that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Finally, she made me feel beautiful when I look back at the memories she captured. I am not typically someone that is comfortable in front of the camera. Sandy at Perceptions Photography made it easy and so much FUN!! Thank you for all you gave us. We will cherish these beautiful memories for a life time!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Wow, thanks so much for such a nice review, from the heart. I was so grateful to have been a part of your beautiful wedding day! Congrats again Joyce and Micky!

Katie G. · Married on 10/03/2020

Fantastic!

Sandy went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. Leading up to the event she was always available and responsive. Sandy was flexible and made planning easy especially given the pandemic. She was on time, took beautiful pictures and made all guests feel special and comfortable. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 10/08/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Katie (and Steph); so looking forward to 2021 when I can spend more time with you!
  • Gail

Gail S. · Married on 09/26/2020

Captured our celebration beautifully!

Sandy made us feel so comfortable and relaxed and she captured such perfect moments throughout our wedding. In the weeks prior to the wedding she explained in detail what to expect and she made sure to ask us what special photos we’d like to have taken. She anticipated everything and found the most wonderful settings for our photos. I highly recommend Perceptions Photography! Sandy was wonderful.

Sent on 10/10/2020

Brittany P. · Married on 09/18/2020

Beyond what we could hope for

Planning your wedding during a pandemic is not easy; there are constant, and I mean constant, changes. Perceptions Photography was something we could count on. I cannot begin to describe how helpful, supportive, and detail oriented Sandy is. I cannot thank her enough for the beautiful shots she took.

Sent on 09/20/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

It always helps to stay positive and calm ... which you and Scott here throughout! Thank you for having us photograph your special day!
  • Charlie

Charlie D. · Married on 09/05/2020

The Best Choice We Made (Other Than Getting Married!)

Without question, working with Sandy and Perceptions Photography was the best decision we have made while planning our wedding. From our first meeting, to our engagement shoot, and especially now during these unpredictable times, there has been no better feeling than knowing that Sandy is in our corner as a positive, comforting presence throughout every aspect of our wedding experience.

As a photographer, Sandy is so natural and easygoing that it comes as no surprise she produces exceptional work for weddings of every style. We are not a couple who often poses for pictures, but within moments Sandy had us laughing and enjoying our shoot as though we'd done it hundreds of times. Sandy's vibrant personality is apparent with how natural and comfortable all of her subjects appear in their photos, and ours were no exception. We are so happy to know that on our big day, Sandy will be someone who people naturally want to be around, and we will capture so many lasting memories of friends and family.

While her work speaks for itself, Sandy is so much more than just an expert photographer. An invaluable addition to our wedding planning team, Sandy has always been there to encourage and guide us at every step. She keeps her couples grounded and present in the moment - eliminating much of the stress of wedding planning and instead placing all of her energy into capturing and recognizing how special and wonderful the process should be. She is 100% dedicated to bringing her couples' vision to life, and is not going to coerce you towards working around her schedule or her preferred style. In fact, it often feels like we are Sandy's only client given her level of attentiveness and care at every turn.

One of our favorite parts about working with Sandy is that she puts people first, and business second. Sandy checks in with us at least once a month just to see how we are doing. Even as her business likely took a hit during the pandemic, she happily restructured our entire contract for a new date, delayed payments by over a year, and even sent us a custom made engagement album free of charge to make us smile during a less than ideal time.

All things considered - without Sandy, our wedding experience would be nowhere near as enjoyable and memorable as it is today. Her selflessness and devotion to clients is second to none, and she's someone we recommend wholeheartedly to friends, families, and couples within the area. Working with Sandy has been a pleasure, and we are happy to speak personally to any couples considering making this excellent decision!

Sent on 01/14/2021

Perceptions Photography's reply:

WOW, thank you so much Charlie and Amanda! You have both become part of my circle of friends during this time, and I am so looking forward to celebrating life's journey with you both! Thank you so much for such a kind and heartfelt review!

Madison T. · Married on 08/14/2020

Unbelievable experience!

Sandy made every part of taking wedding pictures seemless. She knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable while getting the most out of the time you have. The pictures came out beautiful and she went above and beyond editing. Every part of our experience with her was beyond positive.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Madison. You had a beautiful day and I am so grateful for having been a part of it!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2020

Great experience in tough times

Sandy went above and beyond to help us prepare for our special day, despite the difficult times with COVID-19. We decided to split our special day into two, with the ceremony still on our original date, and our reception next year when it will be safer for a large gathering. Sandy was fully onboard with our plan and helped us with these arrangements. She went above and beyond as a photographer and really was an asset for us on our wedding day. Big thank you to Sandy and Perceptions Photography, and we can't wait to have her with us for our reception next year!
    Melissa & Jason

Sent on 07/28/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jason and Melissa! It's been fantastic working with you from engagement session to wedding day to your future wedding reception! I will share fond memories with you both, as you handled this historical time with such grace and dignity! Much love to you both!
  • Marissa

Marissa N. · Married on 06/19/2020

No brainer

I’ve known Sandy since I was in high school and she did my senior portraits, so having her as my wedding photographer was basically a no brainer. Having the Type A personality that I do, I still wanted to do research on other local photographers and even a close friend, but they didn’t compare to Sandy. She cares and treats you like one of her own. She is extremely welcoming, organized and transparent. Sandy ensures you know exactly every step of the process, while being patient with you and the decisions you have to make throughout your wedding journey. For example, you will sit and have an intimate conversation about the important photos you wish to have, or if there are any concerns you have such as with family discrepancies. She pays close attention to every detail you are looking for, and then some. For example, I had hidden symbols throughout my bouquet and she found them when taking detail shots without me telling her. Throughout the wedding itself, Sandy watched the timing and continued to stay diligent to the schedule we created. Sandy was also extremely flexible when I asked for more photography time. It’s also important to mentioned this was a COVID wedding. Sandy was professional the entire time, in 90 degree heat with her mask on. Also being a COVID backyard wedding, she was considerate of the space and all 24 guests to ensure their safety and comfortability. I could not recommend or say enough about Sandy, if you want to ensure at least one piece of your wedding day goes smoothly, choose her!

Sent on 07/09/2020

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Marissa (and Nick) for such a wonderful review AND for your appreciation and patience during this COVID time of our lives! It was truly a pleasure being a part of your beautiful day!

Ashley F. · Married on 12/07/2019

Christmas Wedding

Choosing Perceptions Photography was by far the easiest decision my husband and I made while planning our wedding. Sandy was always so attentive to our needs and offered help at any time during the planning process. She made me feel at ease the morning and afternoon of our wedding. Her photography skills are amazing and we are extremely pleased with our pictures. She captured all the special moments the entire day and I’m forever grateful that I will have these photos for the rest of our lives. Matt and I highly recommend Santina Aldieri/Perceptions Photography for all your photography needs. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/19/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley & Matt! It was such a pleasure photographing your beautiful winter wedding and I'm so looking forward to helping you put together your album and professional prints. Happiest of Holidays to you, Mr. & Mrs. Flynn-Natale!

Kait H. · Married on 10/26/2019

Sandy is the best!

Sandy is the absolute best. She's professional while also being so fun to work with. We hired her for our destination wedding in Palm Springs, CA, and she was so creative with the locations and composition of our photos. We can't wait to see more!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor M. · Married on 08/17/2019

Organized, Professional, and Talented Photographers

Our experience with Perceptions Photography was nothing short of amazing. Owner Sandy is beyond professional, organized, prompt, detail oriented, and on point. Working with Perceptions Photography means you're receiving quality and dedicated photographers who have the bride, groom, and families best interest in mind. We had so much fun working with Sandy for our engagement shoot and Sandy and Mark on our wedding day. Not only did we have the most amazing photographers, but we also feel as though we've gained friends. We received an amazing "sneak peak" album less than 24 hours after our wedding and our entire album of proofs less than one month after our big day! We cannot recommend Perceptions Photography any higher. If you want a fun, energetic, and professional photographer you cannot go wrong here.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor and Jonathan! It was such a great wedding day working with you and your fantastic wedding party and family, making our day so much easier to provide you with awesome memories! We look forward to putting your wedding album together and working with you for many more years to come! XO

Lisa B. · Married on 08/03/2019

Perceptions Photography was everything we had hoped for!

August 2019

Sandy Aldieri and Mark Brendel at Perceptions Photography are the wedding photographers who we had dreamed of having for our wedding day. Searching for a wedding photographer can be very overwhelming and time consuming, but once we came across Perceptions Photography on wedding wire and began reading the reviews and looking at the work that Sandy had done for couples we immediately reached out. From the start of first reaching out and her wanting to setup a phone conference, I knew that she was someone who is passionate about her work and takes her business seriously. Sandy is down to earth and really takes the time to get to know you before discussing the business aspect of hiring a photographer.

Compared to other photographers we had met with, Sandy immediately came across as a kind, understanding and down to earth person. Her attitude and hard work ethic was exactly what we were looking for. Talking with other photographers was very business like and they lacked the personable demeanor that we encountered immediately with Sandy. She made us feel comfortable, stress free and most importantly, happy! After meeting with her in person and talking many times on the phone, we had finally found the right person and we were beyond grateful for having her be a part of our day!

We met with Sandy months in advance and her detailed timeline template and questionnaire made it so easy for us to plan our big day from start to finish. We ended up using her timeline as the structure for our whole day from the “getting ready” to the reception and everything in between. This helped us be on time throughout the whole day, which is unheard of! Sandy and Mark were so organized and paid attention to every detail and made sure to capture them on camera.

The professionalism and experience they showed is seen throughout every photo we have received. The formal photos and candid shots at St. Rocco’s Church and at the Rhode Island State House are absolutely stunning, it is truly surreal. As a couple who does not like photos or attention on us, Sandy made the process stress free and we were able to just be us. She took the lead on having us pose in certain positions that ended up being some of our favorite photos. It’s amazing to look at your wedding photos and say wow, is that really me?

Sandy and Mark did a phenomenal job of capturing every special moment that day. Their experience and professionalism throughout the day was helpful to not only us, but also for our family members, bridal party and other vendors they worked with. They were on time and easy to rely on for every place we needed them to be. Sandy and Mark were very flexible in being at certain locations. They were able to capture both the girls and guys getting ready at the Providence Marriott Downtown and were willing to get pictures on the trolly before heading to the church. Sandy caters to her customers needs and was able to follow us to multiple locations; the church for the ceremony, the Rhode Island State House for pictures outside, and then back to the reception at the Marriott. They found the perfect locations on the State House grounds to snap photos and we just followed their lead! The lighting and cameras they used took the best photos that we could have asked for and are beyond grateful for every photo coming out perfect. They took their time and did retakes if it was needed so that they could get the perfect shot. They took charge of telling family and friends what to do, where to look and even to get out of the way when needed. This took off so much pressure and stress from us! Sandy was so great with the kids in the bridal party with getting them to smile and laugh when they weren’t really feeling like taking any photos. We are so grateful for her patience and ability to do that!

Sandy and Mark were such an important part of our wedding day and we will cherish the work that they have done forever. Viewing the sneak peek photos the day after the wedding was so amazing, we greatly appreciated seeing them that soon. We even got to view all of our photos only a few weeks after our wedding and select the photos for our album. Sandy has reached out multiple times to us just to say hi and meet up and we have truly made a friend. Her compassion and dedication towards her work is not something you see very often. We are so grateful for hiring her and you’d be making a mistake in not doing so. We have received compliments from family and friends at how amazing our photographers were that day and how awesome our photos are. Our videographer and the staff at the Marriott stated what a pleasure it was to work with them and how easy they were to work with.

In the days and weeks that follow your wedding day, you can end up feeling sad that all that fun and excitement from the day is over. However, looking back at the photos that Sandy and Mark took, we immediately feel all the fun and happiness of that day every time we look at them. We are able to cherish all the memories of our wedding day from our photos by Perceptions Photography.

Anthony and Lisa Moore

Sent on 09/08/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

WOW! Thank you so much Lisa and Anthony! I am speechless! You not only extended such sincere and genuine gratitude but you spent a lot of time and thought into what you provided in your review. This is so helpful to other couples ... the level of detail you shared is extremely valuable to other couples who are just beginning the planning process.

Thank you so much ... hoping to spend more time with you in RI soon!

Maria R. · Married on 07/30/2019

Amazing and Professional

Sandy has been taking my Family Photos for 10 years. I would highly recommend to Friends and Family.
    Maria Ross

Sent on 07/30/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, has it been that long. I've loved every minute and looking forward to more Ross Family moments!

Kaylee · Married on 06/29/2019

Perception's Photography

Perceptions Photography was amazing. Sandy met with us multiple times throughout our wedding planning process to fine tune every detail to make our wedding day go smoothly. Sandy is very professional and is also great at keeping everyone on time and efficient. We could not have asked for better!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you Kaylee ... it was great to be a part of your wonderful wedding day! Not only was it loads of fun, but so special seeing the bond between you and Ryan!
  • Claire

Claire H. · Married on 05/04/2019

Perceptions Photography

Sandy is everywhere and nowhere; she gets every shot without you even knowing she is there. The pictures are amazing; memories captured for a lifetime. You don’t need to worry about a thing. Sandy will guide you and ensure your special day is recorded. Add her calmness, and the day is perfect! You won’t be disappointed if Perceptions Photography is part of your plan!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Emily W. · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely amazing experience!

Sandy is so professional yet makes you feel like a member of her own family. She treats you like you are her only client with all of the attention she provides and her responsiveness. The photos are absolutely stunning. She captured every important moment and even some that we didn’t think of asking for. She even provided us a preview album before we even left for our honeymoon. We will continue to use her services again and again. Couldn’t recommend her enough!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Jackie P. · Married on 01/11/2019

Sandy was amazing to work with & made our day amazing!

Sandy from Perceptions Photography was the photographer for our wedding in January. We had an amazing experience with her from the moment that we first met with her. She's a personable professional who cares about her clients - and she really tries to form a connection with you and understand your desires. The photos from both our engagement session & the wedding itself came out absolutely beautifully!! She has a wonderful selection on her webpage & social media but our photos came out even more incredibly than I expected.
    She made the photography aspect of our wedding so smooth and worked to make sure everything flowed and we got all the photos we wanted. She kept track of all the details and was a perfect photographer - there directing when need be, and capturing the candid moments as well.
    We are so, so happy with our choice of Sandy as photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a top-tier experience!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie, for this wonderful review. Mark and I are still talking about how pleasant you both were to work with! I can't wait to show you the first draft of your album!

Jessica · Married on 01/01/2019

Fantastic!

Beautiful photography! You can count on having a personalized experience with photos that capture what is most important to you as a couple. Definitely recommend Perceptions to any couple planning a wedding!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Alysha · Married on 10/05/2018

Great experience

Sandy and her team exceeded our expectations. They were so easy to work with and did everything we wanted! My husband and I are so happy to have had Perceptions Photography apart of our day.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alysha and Xavier! Your day was such a beautiful, love-filled day with plenty of sunshine and happiness! Can't wait to show you your wedding album draft!
  • Kelley

Kelley V. · Married on 09/22/2018

Exquisite photography, simply a blessing!

Truly, it was a blessing to have Sandy photograph our wedding! She was extremely professional and organized which made it very easy to work with her. We feel so grateful that we had her shoot our engagement and wedding photography. Her work surpassed our expectations and we cannot thank her enough. She captured every meaningful aspect of our wedding (we had a lot), and expressed our love story in every shot - a true photogenic genius! We've received very positive feedback on our photos and can't stop staring at them. We HIGHLY highly recommend Sandy and her team to anyone. Zero regrets and cannot wait to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Kelley ... being a part of your perfect wedding day meant more to me that you can even imagine. It was truly a fun-filled event, with plenty of love and excitement to go around ... making our job so much easier! Congratulations and I can't wait to see what the future has to hold for Mr. & Mrs. Vallone! Thank you so much for this wonderful review!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2018

Starting as a customer - ending like family

Sandy is someone who helped us relax at times that may have been the most stressful. When picking a photographer you need someone who is thoughtful, creative, energetic, and kind (at least in my opinion). She checked every box - and MORE. She helped us remember that at the end of the day it's about us. And the little things don't really matter. She is someone who went above and beyond..and still to this day checks up on us. Sandy and her coworker made our day SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL. They capture every special moment between us, our friends, and our family. We could not have had a better team photograph our wedding. Looking forward - we have someone who can capture all of our other special moments as a family.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness ... Libby, you are so sweet and this review absolutely made my day/month/year! Thank you!