Perceptions Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Agatha F. Married on 07/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful photos; Perceptoions Photography captured our day!

Sandy is an amazing photographer. We had an intimate wedding and she was able to capure its many hightlights. Sandy also found the perfect outdoor setting for a photo session before the actual nuptials, making the day even more special. Communicating with Sandy was easy; she was always an email or text away. Thank you for caputring our wedding day!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you Ag and Matt! It was so fun to be a part of your day and to meet some really fun family and friends!
    Arielle D. Married on 06/25/2022

Felt like family!

We first met Sandy when she did the photography for our close friends wedding, and when we were planning our wedding knew that we wanted to work with her. She made us feel so comfortable while also giving great directions for posing that we very much needed. She went above and beyond to make sure she provided us the service we wanted, and day of felt like having another family member there. She made a great recommendation for videographer as well and the two worked together seamlessly. Sandy did both our wedding and our engagement photos and we could not be happier with our choice!!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Arielle & Nick! I'm so grateful to Emily & David for hiring me for their wedding ... would never have met you otherwise. Looking forward to your future as husband & wife!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Nick
    Nick B. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome photographers! Professional, responsive and high quality!

Sandy and Mark are seasoned professionals. Their attention to detail and flexibility was remarkable. Highly recommend!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

THANK YOU! It was our pleasure to be there for you on your special wedding day! Congratulations! Wishing you and Emily all the best that life has to give!
    Megan L. Married on 05/28/2022

Sandy is incredible!

When we began planning our wedding, photography was our #1 priority and we wanted to find someone we could trust through the process. Sandy guided us through every step of planning (both photography and the wedding itself!) and made us feel so comfortable. Both our engagement photos and wedding day photos are stunning - she made two camera-shy people enjoy every moment! By the end of the wedding planning process, Sandy felt like family and we were so happy to share our day with her. We cannot recommend her enough for your wedding day, and we are so excited for Sandy to photograph all of our future milestones!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

You were both so amazing to work with! Thank you so much for having me photograph your special wedding! So looking forward to your new adventures and documenting them for you!
    Kelly Married on 12/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

WOW! Takes unbelievable photos and captures the emotions/moments!

Where do I even begin to share how amazing Sandy at Perceptions Photography is?! Sandy is an incredible photographer. Sandy truly captures the moments to the point that when I look through my pictures, I feel like I am right in that exact moment again. I wanted a photographer that not only takes beautiful pictures, but captures the emotions and details. Sandy does just that! She is able to do this because combined with her obvious talent, she goes out of her way to build a genuine relationship from day one. Before the wedding, Sandy learned all 8 of my bridesmaids names AND the flower girl (which definitely won her over) and made everyone just feel special that day. Throughout the entire planning process (add an extra year with Covid) Sandy always checked in, not only about planning, but just about life in general. With the extra year and having 2 year old engagement photos, she even asked if I wanted to redo any for my new save the dates! I didn’t need to take her up on that opportunity because we loved how our first ones came out. The point is that during the most busy wedding season yet, she thought to do something extra. Building that relationship is what allowed me to be so comfortable when it came to taking pictures. She listened to exactly what we wanted and executed the timeline perfectly. What bride gets to actually sit back and enjoy champagne the day of? I DID! I was able to soak many moments in because of her organization. Sandy was the first vendor I booked and referred me to what ended up being the best team I could ever ask for. If you want to look through your pictures and relive the moments, hire Sandy!!!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Kelly, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for this kind and thoughtful review. Although it got challenging at times, it helps to have a great team behind you, getting you through.

I absolutely can not wait to show you the rest of the photos soon!

Much love best wishes to you and Anthony!
  • Brittany
    Brittany R. Married on 10/22/2021

Flawless Experience

Sandy is simply amazing. From our initial contact to the very end of our wedding night, she couldn’t do enough for us. She kept to her timeline down to the minute and there wasn’t 1 picture I regretted not taking because she made sure we got them all. She had the most creative and beautiful photo ideas and overall is just the sweetest person you could ever meet. If I could do this all over, I would choose Sandy a million times again.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Congratulations once again Brittany (and Joe). Your wedding was filled with love all around, making it so easy for us to capture a truly special day. Thank you so much for having us document this great wedding!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/16/2021

Very good photographer!!!!

Excellent would highly recommend!!
  • Michael
    Michael C. Married on 10/02/2021

Sandy is the best

Sandy did an amazing job as our wedding photographer and engagement shoot photographer. She has decades of experience and helps guide the couple through the process—it’s almost like hiring a day-of-wedding coordinator along with a photographer. She is efficient, organized, and was great with directing our friends and family in a kind and thoughtful way. She was a big part of our wedding day, and it was a pleasure to have her there. The photos all came out great, and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. We would of course recommend Sandy to anyone looking for a seasoned professional event photographer.
    Jennifer C. Married on 08/07/2021

Wedding Photos

Sandy at Perceptions Photography did an incredible job on our wedding photos. She was professional, listened to our wants/needs, went above and beyond on our day, helping beyond just our photos. I highly recommend her for any of your photo needs! 5-star service all-around!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jenn & Gary! It was so nice to be introduced to a new part of beautiful RI and I so appreciate the invite! It was a great pleasure working with you and your family/friends!
  • Alison
    Alison F. Married on 07/30/2021

Treated like family!

Trusting that your photographer is there to capture all of the special moments so you can be present and live them, is the greatest relief - especially on your wedding day. Whether it's laying in the grass on her back to get the perfect shot or jumping up and down to make little kids smile, Sandy can and will do it all!

Having known Sandy since I was a child, it was no surprise that she treated my husband and me like family. But really, this is how Sandy and her team treat every client. From our engagement shoots to our wedding day, we knew we were being taken care of.

We can relive our wedding journey over and over again thanks to the memories captured by Sandy and her team. We could not have asked for a better photographer and person to document our life!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Alison and we were absolutely so thrilled to be a part of your wedding journey! The perfect day for such a wonderful couple (and friends)!
  • Melissa
    Melissa R. Married on 06/25/2021

Not just a Photographer

Sandy played a huge role in our experience on our wedding day. Not only did she and her partner provide us with precious and timeless photos that we'll cherish for the rest of our lives, but she helped to ensure we kept on schedule, got on the photos we wanted, and effectively walked us through building a 'day-of' wedding schedule. In addition, she was incredibly flexible in helping us by photographing our ceremony in 2020, and then our reception in 2021 (due to COVID-19).

We would highly recommend Sandy to anyone interested in a photographer - just know that you're getting a great value, and a huge team player in ensuring that you're going to have a smooth wedding day experience!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa! It was certainly an interesting year for back and forth planning, but in the end, you had an absolutely beautiful wedding ceremony and celebration! Thank you so much for including us!
    Molly S. Married on 05/29/2021

More than an Incredible Photographer

Sandy at Perceptions Photography is so much more than an incredible photographer. We hired Sandy for our May 2020 wedding. During the initial planning, Sandy acted as our wedding planner. With her vast experience in the field, she was beyond organized. I still tell my husband making Sandy our photographer was the best decision we made regarding our entire wedding. Upon the first meeting, she walked us through a full itinerary, planning for numerous events my husband and I would have never known to think through.
    Covid hit, and we had to replan our wedding multiple times. Sandy was the first vendor we called, and she was so helpful walking us through what steps we should take. She even offered to call other vendors and our venue to help us through the tricky situation.
    Finally, we set a final date to May 2021, and Sandy again helped us replan the entire wedding. She was the central point for all vendors to communicate through, and completely took that responsibility off our shoulders. I could write novels about how over and beyond Sandy was in the planning process!
    Day of the wedding, Sandy was THE BEST person I could ever dream of! She arrived to the girls' getting ready location early, and had a full list of things I needed in advance so we could plan all of the shots. She was, yet again, so much more than a photographer. She completely coordinated the times of all my girls (10 girls in the bridal party) and got all of our suitcases/flowers/everything onto the party bus that drove us to the venue. She even had a crotchet hook to help my mom button up my dress at the last minute. She sent her second photographer to the guys' getting ready location, and had a full list of pictures to get to ensure every moment captured.
    Sandy was by far the most incredible person at our wedding. She stayed and continued to coordinate each step of the way. After our wedding, she sent us more pictures than originally planned just days after our wedding, completely edited. They took our breath away. I am usually so unphotogenic, and Sandy being a woman just was so in-tune with the flattering angles I would want. She sent us our gorgeous/high end photo album in a beautiful black box with instructions for care, and again for Christmas sent us a canvas free of charge.
    To summarize, Sandy is beyond organized, so giving, not afraid to jump in and coordinate vendors, bridal party, family, ANYONE. She really feels apart of of our family. I wouldn't put my trust in anyone else for any event. Sandy is more than a photographer. She's a wedding planner, wedding coordinator and highly-skilled photographer all rolled into one. We can never thank her enough. Thank you Sandy!
    - The Stanley's

Perceptions Photography's reply:

What an amazing, detailed and well thought out review! Thank you so, so much for making me a part of your special day! Can’t wait to tell more of your story!
  • Sarah
    Sarah B. Married on 05/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So Thorough and the most beautiful photos

Sandy and her team were incredibly thorough and covered every part of our day. The photos were BEAUTIFUL and so many people have said our photo book is amazing. They went above and beyond to capture the day.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Sarah. We loved the trip to Easton and documenting all of the wonderful personal touches you and your family & friends contributed to your wedding day! All the best!
  • Lorraine
    Lorraine H. Married on 02/10/2021

Absolutely perfect!

Sandy was the photographer at our daughter’s destination wedding in Palm Springs, CA. She explored the venue and surrounding area for the best places and ways to capture the special day. Her experience, knowledge and creativity were evident throughout the entire wedding day as she made sure all planned as well as countless spontaneous shots were taken until after the last dance. Her calm and friendly demeanor put everyone at ease. I highly recommend Sandy and Perceptions Photography.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lorraine ... so fabulous to be with you and your family at this beautiful destination, and such an honor to be chosen to be your wedding photographer! Thank you!
  • Jack
    Jack F. Married on 02/10/2021

A great experience!

I would highly recommend the team of Sandy and Dale to anyone. She has a great eye for using environments and natural light to create great images. They are also very efficient and organized.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thanks for your quick and kind review Jack! It was so great being there on your wedding day! Loved the warm and inviting environment you, Kait and your families created for us to be free to document your day!
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 11/07/2020

More than a photographer

Sandy did my wedding this past weekend and I will forever be grateful for her. She captured us and our day beautifully and was someone who just made the day seem easy. She was there for me every step of the way through wedding planning, even with things that didn’t have anything to do with her. She helped me hold it together the day of when I kept crying. Everything about sandy and her business is amazing. Amazing photo quality, great pricing and package deals, the best person. I’m so glad sandy was apart of my day.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Ashley ... it was a gorgeous day, with record breaking temps for New England. You deserved this, at the least. You and Jeff are a great couple who clearly love each other so, so much! We are honored to have been your photographers! Congratulations!
    Simone G. Married on 10/31/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Sandy and Mark were an amazing photography team and captured all the moments we wanted and even ones we didn't know we needed! Sandy is very talented and goes above and beyond as a photographer to make sure everything is going as expected. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful photos and attention to detail. We are truly grateful and would highly recommend Perceptions Photography for any couple!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you Simone, it was truly and honor to be a part of your special day and year ... we appreciate being inviting in!
    Lindsay T. Married on 10/24/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Your Wedding Day = A Breeze With Sandy!

Sandy had taken my senior portraits in High School, so I knew for my wedding I had to have her again! What a difficult year to run business as usual with the COVID-19 outbreak but Sandy does so in the most professional way! Masks on, keeping socially distanced, updates through Zoom and FaceTime, our time with Sandy was always done in the safest way! Our wedding date was 10/24/20 at my parents backyard and we fortunately had Sandy all day long! Not only did she capture every moment so beautifully she also helped us coordinate the day accordingly and we couldn’t have imagined our day without her! Looking forward to future photoshoots with Sandy! Simply the best!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay. Despite (3) different postponements of your wedding day, you ended up having such a beautiful day, without a dry eye in the house! I think that all (12) people that attended were crying happy tears at one time or another! Love you both, and hope to stay with you along life's journey!
    Joyce Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Class Act! Beyond Expectations!

There are no words to describe my gratitude to Sandy at Perceptions Photography. Her professionalism, knowledge of her craft, and follow through is something to be recognized! Sandy created exactly what we wished for with a classy, romantic and FUN feel! The photographs are beyond our expectations! Most importantly, being a “covid bride” Sandy brought of a sense of calm and flexibility when we needed it most. After numerous last minute changes, Sandy remained positive, and accommodating. She was the one vendor that kept us informed of important details that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Finally, she made me feel beautiful when I look back at the memories she captured. I am not typically someone that is comfortable in front of the camera. Sandy at Perceptions Photography made it easy and so much FUN!! Thank you for all you gave us. We will cherish these beautiful memories for a life time!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Wow, thanks so much for such a nice review, from the heart. I was so grateful to have been a part of your beautiful wedding day! Congrats again Joyce and Micky!
    Katie G. Married on 10/03/2020

Fantastic!

Sandy went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. Leading up to the event she was always available and responsive. Sandy was flexible and made planning easy especially given the pandemic. She was on time, took beautiful pictures and made all guests feel special and comfortable. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Katie (and Steph); so looking forward to 2021 when I can spend more time with you!
  • Gail
    Gail S. Married on 09/26/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Captured our celebration beautifully!

Sandy made us feel so comfortable and relaxed and she captured such perfect moments throughout our wedding. In the weeks prior to the wedding she explained in detail what to expect and she made sure to ask us what special photos we’d like to have taken. She anticipated everything and found the most wonderful settings for our photos. I highly recommend Perceptions Photography! Sandy was wonderful.
    Brittany P. Married on 09/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beyond what we could hope for

Planning your wedding during a pandemic is not easy; there are constant, and I mean constant, changes. Perceptions Photography was something we could count on. I cannot begin to describe how helpful, supportive, and detail oriented Sandy is. I cannot thank her enough for the beautiful shots she took.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

It always helps to stay positive and calm ... which you and Scott here throughout! Thank you for having us photograph your special day!
  • Charlie
    Charlie D. Married on 09/05/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Choice We Made (Other Than Getting Married!)

Without question, working with Sandy and Perceptions Photography was the best decision we have made while planning our wedding. From our first meeting, to our engagement shoot, and especially now during these unpredictable times, there has been no better feeling than knowing that Sandy is in our corner as a positive, comforting presence throughout every aspect of our wedding experience.

As a photographer, Sandy is so natural and easygoing that it comes as no surprise she produces exceptional work for weddings of every style. We are not a couple who often poses for pictures, but within moments Sandy had us laughing and enjoying our shoot as though we'd done it hundreds of times. Sandy's vibrant personality is apparent with how natural and comfortable all of her subjects appear in their photos, and ours were no exception. We are so happy to know that on our big day, Sandy will be someone who people naturally want to be around, and we will capture so many lasting memories of friends and family.

While her work speaks for itself, Sandy is so much more than just an expert photographer. An invaluable addition to our wedding planning team, Sandy has always been there to encourage and guide us at every step. She keeps her couples grounded and present in the moment - eliminating much of the stress of wedding planning and instead placing all of her energy into capturing and recognizing how special and wonderful the process should be. She is 100% dedicated to bringing her couples' vision to life, and is not going to coerce you towards working around her schedule or her preferred style. In fact, it often feels like we are Sandy's only client given her level of attentiveness and care at every turn.

One of our favorite parts about working with Sandy is that she puts people first, and business second. Sandy checks in with us at least once a month just to see how we are doing. Even as her business likely took a hit during the pandemic, she happily restructured our entire contract for a new date, delayed payments by over a year, and even sent us a custom made engagement album free of charge to make us smile during a less than ideal time.

All things considered - without Sandy, our wedding experience would be nowhere near as enjoyable and memorable as it is today. Her selflessness and devotion to clients is second to none, and she's someone we recommend wholeheartedly to friends, families, and couples within the area. Working with Sandy has been a pleasure, and we are happy to speak personally to any couples considering making this excellent decision!

Perceptions Photography's reply:

WOW, thank you so much Charlie and Amanda! You have both become part of my circle of friends during this time, and I am so looking forward to celebrating life's journey with you both! Thank you so much for such a kind and heartfelt review!
    Madison T. Married on 08/14/2020

Unbelievable experience!

Sandy made every part of taking wedding pictures seemless. She knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable while getting the most out of the time you have. The pictures came out beautiful and she went above and beyond editing. Every part of our experience with her was beyond positive.

Perceptions Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Madison. You had a beautiful day and I am so grateful for having been a part of it!
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message