Pepper Moon Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Rachel C. Married on 05/28/2022

Highly recommend!

We hired Peppermoon as the caterer for our wedding and they went above and beyond. Their wedding point person Bethann is truly the best and the day of the staff were incredibly well-organized, the staff were kind and fun and we didn't have to lift a finger the day of. They were on top of everything. The food was also delicious and there was plenty for everyone. I highly recommend using them for your catering needs.
    Sarah H. Married on 01/03/2022

Delicious Food

As food lovers, my husband and I were very pleased with the options provided by Pepper Moon for our wedding. We had a diverse set of hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and dinner menu items, and everything was delicious. The service was courteous and friendly, and we received many compliments about the food from our guests.
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 09/25/2021

Delicious Food & Quality Service

We had an amazing Pepper Moon experience from beginning to end. The food was delicious and we've heard so many compliments from our guests (some even trying to get recipes out of Pepper Moon staff)! We really appreciated having a designated staff member check in on the bride and groom throughout the night. We also had Pepper Moon cater a farewell brunch the morning after the wedding and again were delighted by the quality and service.
    We especially appreciated working with Jaime Gilliam to craft our menu to our personal tastes. She was able to incorporate a personal handheld charcuterie cone for cocktail hour and some signature drinks named after our beloved cats.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Anne
    Anne D. Married on 02/05/2021

Wow! What a weekend!

Our daughter in law hired Peppermoon to cater her wedding to our son. We decided to use Peppermoon to also cater the rehearsal dinner. And are we glad we did! Start with the food. EVERYTHING was delicious. We had an Italian buffet for the rehearsal and even fed it to some "real" Italians! And they raved about it! The menu for the wedding was classic NC barbecue, chicken and sides. Our guests couldn't say enough about how wonderful the food was. As if that weren't enough, the catering staff was outstanding! Attentive, flexible, pleasant, caring....and we were hugging and laughing with them at the end of the night. If there was one thing that we overlooked it was to specifically request to have a coffee service. Some of our guests would have enjoyed a cup of coffee and because we just assumed it would be available (it wasn't, you have to ask), they were a bit disappointed. But honestly, it was fine. 2-3 missed cups of coffee were a tiny mis step. We would 100% recommend Peppermoon Catering for a wedding, rehearsal dinner or any function that requires catering.
  • LeeByrum
    Lee B. Married on 11/06/2020

Highly recommend!

Pepper Moon Catering was one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding! We had an original plan for multiple stations, but because of COVID we switched to a buffet style meal with the catering staff creating each plate for each guest as they went through the line. They set up the buffet tables with plexiglass to protect the staff and our guests. We didn't need extra tables, but we did rent linens which worked out wonderfully. The staff was extremely helpful with the whole night and with clean up! The bartender even came over to me and my groom to ask us what he could bring us to drink so that we didn't have to get up ourselves. The food was great and Bethann was extremely helpful in the planning process! I would highly recommend Pepper Moon Catering for your wedding.
  • Bajha
    Bajha Married on 07/08/2020

Amazing!!!

Amazing food!! Amazing service!
  • Megan
    Megan S. Married on 10/13/2019

Delicious food

Pepper Moon Catering partnered with Revolution Mills for our wedding. Their food was absolutely delicious, from the appetizers (smoked salmon, bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, and pimento cheese biscuits), to the main entrees. We received many compliments on our food, and were even more excited to be able to take home so many left overs that we are still enjoying!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful food!

Pepper Moon Catering did a fabulous job with the food at our wedding!! All of our guests were commenting on how wonderful the food was. They even packaged up "to go" boxes for my husband and I to eat after the wedding! I have a food allergy and they were very accommodating to my needs and made sure all of the food was safe to eat. Would highly recommend them!
  • Michelle
    Michelle W. Married on 07/13/2019

Best wedding food

The food was amazing and so was the service. They made sure my husband and I were both feed in the middle of all the chaos. It was an amazing experience working with them.
  • Sarah
    Sarah A. Married on 07/05/2019

Holiday Picnic & Allergy Proof

We hosted an I Do BBQ for 120 guests on July 4th, the day prior to our wedding. Throughout the planning process, Bethann was quick to respond and would explain different options. Some of our guests are sensitive to any type of pepper seasoning (obviously this is used frequently) and Peppermoon made adjustments to their recipes! The food was DELICIOUS. They even provided us storage for leftovers. The staff was AWESOME to work with - polite, kind, courteous. They were there, but in the back ground and they did not disrupt the event. We had a great experience with Peppermoon.
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We can see why they're so highly revered!

The catering Pepper Moon did for our wedding was fantastic! We planned our wedding from out of the country so we were a bit worried about the logistics of it all but Bethann was always prompt to respond to e-mails and provide updated invoices whenever requested. We decided to have a buffet style wedding and Pepper Moon was great about helping us personalize the menu to make sure everyone's dietary needs were taken into consideration. The vegetarians, in particular, loved how much variety there was! The bar staff was also super helpful, giving us regular updates on how much alcohol was left, and the wait staff made sure everyone's glasses were topped off throughout the evening. We can't recommend them enough.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 05/18/2019

Just amazing

We got so many compliments on our food AND the wait staff! This much such a greta decision and we loved all of the food they provided us. You cannot go wrong.
  • Alaskan Wolf
    Hannah Married on 04/26/2019

Buffet wedding food

Everything was delicious, possibly the best food I've ever had. everything was tender, juicy, and warm. Definitely recommend.
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 12/16/2018

Amazing Food and Staff

The staff of Peppermoon Catering were amazing and helpful during our big day!! The food is amazing and delicious and they made sure we had some to take with us afterwards!! The staff was very professional and helpful!!
    Alyssa Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Pepper Moon Catering is top quality! Besides their food being absolutely amazing, they have a phenomenal staff that helps your event go so smoothly. Bethann, the Wedding Specialist, was a delight to work with and helped my husband and I choose a great menu that fit our personality and budget. She even showed up for my venue walk-through to help ensure that every detail was thought of before the big day! Their quality, professionalism, and dedication to perfection makes Pepper Moon an outstanding catering choice that I would recommend to everyone!
    Abbi Married on 05/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We couldn't say enough about how happy we were to use Peppermoon catering for our wedding and rehearsal dinner. They did a great job of pulled pork and Mac n cheese. The real winners were the appetizers of chicken and waffles and pimento cheese biscuits! They were wonderful and got everything setup. Bethann even stayed to make sure we were taken care of before she had to head out! You will not be disappointed in the food, nor will you be one of those brides and grooms that doesn't get to eat at your wedding. They made sure we got our food at our table instead of going through the buffet line, and they also made sure we had take home plates to bring home for a late night snack or early morning snack!
    Hannah Married on 10/01/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I really enjoyed working with peppermoon and our food turned out amazing. The planning process is always a stressful one, but working with Bethann was easy and she knows her stuff! She is also very flexible and helped us understand different aspects of the planning process that we didn't even think of. She was even flexible up to the week of and she didn't bat an eye with all that she had going on with furniture market. She is awesome!
    The day of, the staff, the food, and everything was seamless. We were served at our sweetheart table and our guest raved about the appetizers, food, and service. If you are looking for quality and reliable professionals, peppermoon is an excellent choice for any occasion.
    Alex Married on 09/24/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bethann LITERALLY was the greatest part of my whole entire wedding. She has the BEST attitude and her experience really has made her an expert. Everything that came up, she never hesitated to be there in the thick of it all and fix a problem. As soon as she saw my husband and me in the middle of our photos, she ran over with our beers and a plate of snacks to make sure we were fed. She helped fix my dress, was ready with her phone to call anyone I needed during the evening and just overall the most positive person I've ever met.
    The food was DELICIOUS and the bartenders were the best on this planet. Andrea was so perfect! She watched my husband and I drinking and as soon as she saw we were nearing the end of our drinks she would rush over and bring us new drinks. He and I had bought 2 six packs of our favorite beers (only for us) and she wouldn't even let my MOH bring me the beer becuase she wanted to make sure it didn't slip away to someone else. We even took a selfie with her and added it to our guest book. If I had to redo my wedding I would pick Pepper Moon a million times over and wish I could give them higher than 5 stars!
    Sandi Married on 09/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    All I can say, is you need to look no further... THIS is the caterer that will work for ANY event. Their service and knowledge is unbelievable. Their problem solving and work ethic is unmatched. Thank you for all you did for us on our special day! Choose Pepper Moon!!
    Lisa Married on 08/27/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The event planner is awesome. Bethann communicated with me throughout the entire process and answered all my questions via email communication within 24 hours. Our guests loved the food. The wait staff are professional and loads of fun. I cannot express enough how helpful and friendly everyone was to us and our guests. We will definitely use them again for any future catering needs.
    Allison Married on 07/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had no choice to use Pepper Moon since we had our reception at Revolution Mill (exclusively catered by Pepper Moon), but it would have been our first choice anyway. They always had the best food at the bridal shows I went to and even though we went with the less expensive possible menu options, everything was still delicious. Their staffers took great care of my husband and I at the reception, even making sure we had something to eat and drink while we were taking photos before the reception. So many married friends say they barely had time to eat at their receptions, but thanks to Pepper Moon that was not the case for us! At the end of the night they boxed up all the leftover food and we sent home lots of leftovers with friends and family.
    Jennifer Married on 06/11/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wedding was 6/11/16. Peppermoon is the definition of professional. Bethann was so incredibly nice, very quick with responding to e-mails and calls. Very accommodating. The food was great! and the service was top-notch. I highly recommend them!.
    Sara Married on 05/28/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bethann coordinated our event and she was AWESOME! After the event, guests asked me who the wedding planner was that I hired because they thought she was an event coordinator! The whole team was kind, flexible, and professional. I passed out during my ceremony and Bethann was there to help. One of the servers on her team was a registered nurse, so he came quickly to my aid as well. The show went on, because of their support. My guests RAVED about the food. I'm still eating left overs for lunch 4 days later! Our menu was...

Drinks: water, tea, domestic beers, wine
    Hors’ doeuvres: sweet african peppers, cheddar biscuits, caprese skewers
    Dinner (buffet): fancy salad, bourbon and pecan crusted chicken, spinach pasta roll, grilled vegetables, potatoes
    Dessert: cheesecakes (ultimate carrot cake, triple chocolate, traditional)

At the end of the night the team boxed up all of the leftover food for us to take. They made a special bride and groom box. They also labeled everything. The bar tenders also saved the last 2 bottles of my favorite beers for me, once they noticed it was nearly gone. Fantastic people and amazing food!
  • User2416387 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bethann Flaherty and Pepper Moon helped to make our daughters wedding so amazing. Bethany was so professional and responsive during the planning stages. The tasting was just the beginning of a perfect event. Lori was the manager at our event and she made everything happen flawlessly. Her team was so professional and attentive to all our guests. From cocktail hour with pass around hors d'oeuvres, to a delicious dinner, to the toast preparation, to the cake cutting everything was orchestrated perfectly. Lori packed up appetizers for the bride and groom and made sure she packed their first anniversary cake layer for us. They handled all clean up of the venue as well. Pepper Moon took all the stress out of our catering needs.
    Heather Married on 10/04/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Grooms family has worked with Pepper Moon for many years and I have never seen anything other than perfection. We enjoyed our first meal as newly-weds and did not even have to get out of our seats, it was delivered to our table. It's the small things such as that that make such a huge impact on such a special day. The food is always so amazing and this day was not any different. Everyone bragged on how amazing the oysters and ham biscuits were, the main meal was impeccable and when it came to cutting the cake; I've never seen caters move so quickly to make sure everything was out and ready to be served. Many guests bragged on this and with pleasure we told them the name Pepper Moon was behind such great service.
illustration stars