Ravel Hotel Reviews

51 | Long Island City, NY

51 Reviews for Ravel Hotel

• Charity

Charity · Married on 05/25/2019

Epic Wedding - So Grateful!

My (now) husband and I had already toured MANY wedding venues in Manhattan (one of which we had just received a contract for) when we stumbled upon Ravel Events at Ravel Hotel online. We are the type of people who say we need to get a visa just to leave Manhattan so when we decided to take a “trip”’ to Ravel Hotel, we joked about having a “destination” wedding. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the views but were concerned about being able to utilize/afford different locations within the hotel. Also, we read multiple mixed reviews about the property overall. As we were discussing this with the representative giving us the tour, Frank (co-owner and manager of Ravel Events) just happened to be in the foyer area. He came over and sat down to address our concerns. Frank was so candid about the history of Ravel, the restaurant, the club and more (they were in the midst of renovations and re-launching “Ravel Events”). Frank quickly earned our trust in such an unexpected way. Not only personable, he knew how to ease any/all of our hesitations and appeared genuinely ready to work with us to create a truly special event. Somehow, we were already in negotiations with respect to which areas of the Ravel we might be able to use (some not yet available) along with different scenarios of how everything might unfold from the ceremony in the Grand Ballroom to the possible cocktail hour on Ten Rooftop and then our reception in Penthouse 808. Unique ideas grew from this serendipitous meeting and changed the trajectory of our entire Memorial Day Weekend wedding plans. Needless to say, after speaking and brainstorming with Frank, we discarded the other venue’s contract and looked no further. The unbelievable three days of wedding events/parties that followed just 4.5 months later were OVER THE TOP SPECTACULAR!!

The process leading up to the big day was one of collaboration and team effort across Frank's and Seth's (aka Chef Extraordinaire!) teams including Betsy, Angel, Julissa and Melissa. One example includes my fiancé and I thinking we wanted a sit down multiple “courses” dinner. After being provided with different options and suggestions, we realized, Penthouse 808 is the type of venue where you want people to be able to feel like they’re truly at one big party. Rather than keeping people limited to their seats and standard course options, we elected to do “stations.” FYI - this is NOT a “buffet” offering rather, high end manned food destinations. This was one of the best decisions and revisions to our initial plans that we made. Not only did it keep people moving, the variety, volume and quality of food went above and beyond our expectations. We had 5x stations including Carving Station, Pescado Station, BBQ Station, Pasta Station, and TWO SUCKLING PIGS (we expected 1x but they surprised us with the 2nd one because it added to the “WOW” factor)! Not to mention, when I shared the types of food that our families prefer in advance, they custom prepared traditional dishes for us including arroz con gandules and platanos to complement the pork perfectly! This is just one example of many illustrating how Ravel Events proactively invested additional effort into making our special day/weekend so unique and memorable. The Dessert Parade with staff dancing out with desserts while mini fireworks flashed everywhere was SO FUN! Happiness permeated everywhere and people couldn’t stop raving across the board!! BRAVO Seth and team!!!

As we got closer to our date, Betsy and Frank were very accessible and beyond accommodating based on feedback, quick planning and a growing guest list. They also recommended vendors who had great reputations and were willing to be flexible within our price parameters. Big SHOUT OUT to DJ Bryan from White Isle Events who was so wonderfully easy to work with and created the exact vibe we wanted. Our beautiful and grand ostrich feather centerpieces were provided by Matt at Super Sweet Sixteens. So many big hits and highlights!

Our weekend of events grew to include a Friday night Grand Ballroom ceremony rehearsal followed by private welcome "Cocktails & Bites" soiree including artisanal flatbreads and delicious kale caesar salads in the foyer outside of the Grand Ballroom. Candles, signature cocktails and an attentive staff completed the first weekend party kick-off for our guests.

Saturday began with our ceremony in the Grand Ballroom followed by our cocktail hour on Ten Rooftop then, our fabulous reception in Penthouse 808. Our guests were floored with the stunning views and different locations…one more impressive than the next. During each event, Melissa (my bridal attendant) was by my side every step of the way from making sure I had my back up shoes to helping fix my bustle while constantly tracking where we last left our Tiffany champagne glasses during the fun without us even noticing. She made sure she was on top of all details - not only that, she was lovely company.

On Sunday, we threw a BBQ brunch at the Garden & Grille that included Garden Games and a Pool Party at Profundo. We enjoyed a private VIP area for just our guests which included over-sized games and beach lounge beds & swing chairs. General Profundo pool guests were asking how to get into our awesome VIP area! What a way to close out a BEAUTIFUL weekend had by all. Our guests repeatedly told us that this was by far, the BEST wedding they had every attended.

Because of the detailed care and focused efforts provided by Ravel Events, our weekend actually evolved into a true “destination” wedding. While guests traveled from both many states and abroad, even friends who live in Manhattan stayed at the hotel all weekend to attend our multiple parties. Hearing people say they had an amazing mini-vacation with us was a gift in itself! This is as close as one could ever hope for when thinking about the PERFECT wedding weekend. Note, if you can score the Empire Suite, DO IT! It was like having our very own palace with unparalleled views 24/7 to enjoy with friends and family. It served as yet another "destination" to appreciate over the weekend.

In sum, we challenge you to find another remotely comparable sleek venue in NYC with so many distinguished and attractive party destinations under one roof. Partnering with Ravel Events allowed us to throw the ultimate celebration of our new life together. Our guests were (and still are) non-stop boasting at how absolutely OUTSTANDING the entire weekend was! It’s been 3 weeks now and we are still smiling from ear to ear.

We can’t thank Betsy enough for all of her patience/hand holding, diligence, and delightful demeanor. As for Frank and his sincerity from day one, what more can we say? He and his team delivered what will now always be remembered as the most magical wedding weekend we could have ever imagined. For this, we will be forever grateful. #ravelevents

Sent on 06/21/2019

Stacey · Married on 09/23/2017

AMAZING - the food and staff were outstanding! The food alone will leave your guests impressed and it was more than we expected. The view is breathe-taking and will blow your guests away. Our cocktail hour took place on the rooftop and our reception was in the new beautiful Grand Ballroom with almost 350 guests. They were flexible and we had everything we asked for - ice luge, pig roast, photo booth, cigar table, bag pipers, money guns and more. We also worked through the hotel to provide our guests with transportation to and from Ravel Hotel to our ceremony at St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC. The hotel made an extra step to accommodate our guests by allowing an early check-in and upgrading our guests with a beautiful view from their rooms. When the reception ended the celebration continued on the rooftop at the Penthouse and we were provided great service and danced the night away....Everything went off without a hitch!

Thank you to all the staff at Ravel Hotel - Delores, Betsy, Clester, Julissa, Benny, Frank, Aarius for making our wedding unforgettable and magical!...You are family to us and we will be back for our future celebrations.
    September 23, 2017 - Patrick & Stacey

Sent on 12/06/2017

Krystal · Married on 08/24/2017

My wedding was wonderful. The staff, food and space were just what we excepted.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I were married here back in August 2017, but we booked our wedding at Penthouse 808 way before the ballroom was even complete! We could not have been happier with the final product. Our ceremony and rehearsal dinner were up on the rooftop - the most beautiful views! Our guests were gushing about them! Our very large wedding reception was in the brand new ballroom, which is absolutely stunning, and super modern. While I can go on and on about the beautiful space and even more amazing food (AMAZING food), I have to say Elyse and Dolores were the absolute best. Elyse was with us the entire ride, answering questions and updating us along the way. She was beyond professional, helpful, and quick to respond. We had started looking at the venue about 2 years before our wedding actually happened, so by the time it ended it felt as if we were old friends! The weekend of our wedding (we also had our rehearsal dinner at the venue) Elyse and Dolores treated us like royalty and made sure we had everything we needed at every moment. I cannot recommend Penthouse 808 enough!!! We love you Elyse & Dolores!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Danny · Married on 10/14/2016

The team at the Ravel Hotel/Penthouse 808 made planning our wedding as easy as can be. We had both our ceremony and reception in the Penthouse 808 space and you would have thought we spent far more than we did. We, along with our guests, were beyond impressed with the venue, the food, and the décor. Everyone had a blast celebrating our big day.

Betsy and Delores were attentive, accommodating, creative, and beyond helpful in the weeks and months leading up to our wedding day. The team worked seamlessly with us (the grooms) and our wedding coordinator, Melinda—who happened to be LA-based—to ensure a wedding to remember. The same can be said for their coordination and collaboration with our photographers, DJ, and photo booth vendors.

The day of our ceremony and reception went off without a flaw. The team worked hand-in-hand with our wedding coordinator to make sure everything thing was buttoned up—timeline, vendor arrivals and setup, and the flow from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and dancing.

The view of the east side of Manhattan was the perfect backdrop for the evening. The Penthouse space is larger than it seems and accommodated our ceremony and reception perfectly. When guests returned to the main space from cocktail hour (hosted on the upper level) they were stunned with the elegant transformation of the room.

Lastly, it is important to note that as a gay couple we felt 100% comfortable with the entire Ravel team—from management, the events team, wait staff, and hotel staff. They “get it” and made us feel not only welcomed, but that we belonged.

For context it is important to note that we got married on October 14, 2016 (a sunny and average autumn Friday with highs in the mid-60s, lows in the mid-50s) and our guest count was 160 (the space would have fit comfortably 200).

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 05/30/2015

At first I admit I was a bit skeptical of Penthouse808 based on reviews I had read, but I am so glad I took a chance. I was searching for a place (and we visited A LOT of venues) where we could host a true "New York City" wedding and the Ravel Hotel's rooftop with its breath-taking views could not have been more perfect. Penthouse808 has the full package - amazing food, an accommodating wedding coordinator (although there were a few unforeseen bumps in the road, Karina was great and helped us through it all) and an in-house DJ who crafted the perfect playlist to keep the party going all night long. We had our ceremony there, followed by cocktail hour, reception and after-party (on weekends the venue turns into a club at 11:30). Our guests took countless photos of the NYC skyline and gushed over the food all night. Our cocktail hour consisted of passed appetizers (meatballs, risotto balls, lobster rolls, chicken & waffles, and spicy tuna, to name a few) and 3 stations (Mediterranean, Pasta and Flatbread), which we paid a little extra for but was so worth it. Even my food-obsessed Italian-American family was impressed! Then we kicked the night off with a tomato watermelon salad and choice of entree (short rib, salmon and mushroom risotto). The wedding ended with coffee and lots of dessert (our wedding cake, a cheesecake and berries & whip were passed). Everything was set up according to plan, the timeline was followed to a tee and everyone had a blast. Thank you Karina, Elyse, Benny, DJ Rolo and the rest of the Penthouse808 staff for making our special day absolutely perfect.
    One other benefit to note: since the venue is at the rooftop of a hotel, they offer accommodations for guests and you can stay in a suite after a long night of partying! Karina also set aside space at their quaint bar downstairs (The Yard) for guests who arrived early. If you don't end up choosing Penthouse808, I definitely recommend going there for dinner! It's an amazing experience.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Mindy · Married on 07/03/2014

Penthouse 808 saved the day for us!
    After 6+months of unprofessional and terrible communication with our planned rehearsal dinner venue we canceled and booked with Penthouse about a week before our date. They were incredibly kind and helpful, and their package was such a better value too! Our guests got so much food and everything was delicious. Benny and his staff were also amazing at helping us dodge and stay comfortable/dry during a hurricane rolling through their open air lounge.
    We had been to the restaurant several times last year and were confident our guests would enjoy their unique cuisine and amazing atmosphere and city views. We are so happy we switched and can't wait to go back soon!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/25/2013

I couldn't ask for a better wedding. The venue was amazing, the view was amazing and the staff was amazing too. Our wedding coordinator Natassa helped us through every thing step by step and we felt at home whenever we had a meeting. She was on top of everything and made sure we had the wedding that we dreamed of. I would absolutely redo this night over again.

Sent on 12/23/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 10/12/2013

My wedding reception was unbelievable. I couldn't of asked for anything more. People keep telling me they have never been to a more unique and gorgeous place for a wedding reception

Sent on 12/21/2013

Megan · Married on 09/30/2013

There are so many wonderful things I want to say about Ravel; I don't even know where to start! So I'll start with the top - Natassa. Natassa is the event coordinator at Ravel. If the view and the food haven't already sold you on this place (and truly, those alone probably could), then Natassa will. She is committed, friendly, detail-oriented, and just plain awesome. It's almost like you get a free wedding planner with the package. She loves what she does and it shows. We signed our contract with Ravel a year out, and Natassa answered TONS of emails, hosted all our visits to the site (and I stopped by a lot!), and always made us feel important and welcome. The actual wedding was true perfection, carried out impeccably by Natassa and her staff. Natassa never just answered yes when you asked if something was possible. She would answer YES, AND... top it with something you hadn't even considered possible. You guys, have your wedding here. Did I mention it's affordable? How I found this price in New York, and got this result, is still incredible to me. So lucky!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Megan · Married on 09/30/2013

Sent on 10/30/2013

We were at the end of our rope looking for a venue in or around NYC that was amazing and fit our budget.... I began the search ALL over again after being completely disappointed with other venues.

We went to Penthouse808 and met with Natassa. She was SO accommodating and positive from the beginning. She is high energy and thinks outside of the box to make EVERYTHING work.

The communication is so quick and we booked the venue within a week or so, had an AMAZING tasting and they NAILED the food. My husband and I are both foodies so the menu was VERY important.
    They worked with us to shift things around and make even the menu personal.

We went to the venue 3 or 4 times, with siblings, parents, and to do walk throughs of the timeline. Natassa, Meagan and Katrina are all SO responsive and professional. Not to mention amazing ladies that we will continue to hang out with even though the wedding is over!

Did we mention the view??? We had an amazing evening wedding with perfect weather (even if not, we had a game plan) Our guests were all blown away with the city skyline, the bridge, the lights...

Our friends and family are still talking about it!

We would recommend Penthouse808 to anyone looking for a seamless planning experience with the utmost professionalism and flexibility.

Thanks Penthouse808 & Team!

Xox
    Michael & Sara

Sent on 10/22/2013

Claudia · Married on 09/27/2013

We had a wonderful and positive experience with the staff and events coordinator. Natassa was very patient and always took the time to listen to our ideas. She made great suggestions and always had good ideas to share. We enjoyed every moment of our wedding planning, from our first meeting with Natassa to the day of our wedding. Our guests enjoyed the food and drinks, and had a great time. We definitely recommend Penthouse808. The view was breath-taking, especially when the sun is going down and at night. We hope to return soon.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Don and Meredith · Married on 09/07/2013

This is not one of those I'm gonna give 5 stars to be nice type reviews. This place knocked it out of the park and then some. You name it, they nailed it. Natassa is the best, the food is fantastic and the view alone is worth the price of admission. We had a slew of people over the last month tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Don · Married on 09/07/2013

Absolutely incredible. Better than we even hoped for

Sent on 10/18/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2013

Choosing Penthouse 808 for our wedding venue was one of the best decisions my husband and I have made together! During the wedding planning process, my husband (fiance, at the time) and I checked out a dozen different venues in and around New York City. We didn't want a "wedding mill", nor did we want something "stuffy" and outrageously expensive. When our wedding planner (a good friend) took us to visit Penthouse 808, we knew we had found the one! The view of the Queensboro bridge and the Manhattan skyline is breathtaking and stunning at night. We couldn't have asked for better decor than the twinkle lights of the bridge and the city enveloping our guests (many of which were out-of-towners and could NOT get over the fact that they were in NEW YORK).

We worked with Natassa and Meaghan throughout the process. Natassa is wonderful - she is enthusiastic, professional and attentive. That said, the entire Penthouse 808 team took care of us, and we felt like our presence was really valued and welcomed there. The wedding reception were equal parts gorgeous, fun and elegant. Natassa and Meaghan worked with us to create the beautiful city/country theme we envisioned and the dancing after dinner was one of the best!

DJ Rolo, another Penthouse 808 staple, was our emcee for the evening. He has a great balance of being fun without being obtrusive. Countless guests mentioned to us that our DJ has great taste in music and the fact that our dance floor was constantly busy proved that to be true!

We are so thrilled that we chose Penthouse 808 for our wedding. The team there put us at ease and were flexible. We took advantage of their passed appetizers and buffet dinner, but also brought in another vendor for the cocktail hour. The process in bringing in a new vendor was easy and went without a hitch. We can't thank Natassa and her team enough for this memorable day.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2013

I am so glad we chose Penthouse 808 for our wedding! The venue is gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the convenience of being able to do the ceremony, reception, AND have a hotel for guests to stay was so convenient. I thought the value we got for the prices Penthouse 808 offered was phenomenal, and working with Natassa and Meaghan was a delight! I planned most of the wedding from across the country and my guests said they would never have been able to tell since the staff was able to pull everything together as if I had orchestrated the whole thing from right there in NYC. I recommend this venue if you want a beautiful wedding but with a different feel than the normal reception hall feel, with great packages for reasonable (as far as weddings go...) prices.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Bianca · Married on 07/12/2013

Natassa is heaven sent!! Nothing short of perfection! If I could have had her be apart of my wedding, i would have!! From meeting her day 1, she made me feel 1000% confident with my choice! Actually this was the first and only venue that I decided on! No need to have looked elsewhere! She is professional yet GETS YOU! No matter what vision I had, she got it, and even made them better with her guidance and ideas! Food excellent! Flexibility Excellent! Venue location Excellent! I wish I could do it 100 times over and over again! Thank you to Natassa and staff for making my wedding day exactly how I needed it to be which is STRESS FREE!!!! A++++++ ❤

Sent on 09/11/2013

Trisha · event on: 06/30/2013

Natassa is an amazing event planner. I was extremely pleased with decor, food and music! She made it an event to remember.

Sent on 10/24/2013

raquel · Married on 06/14/2013

Penthouse 808 at The Ravel Hotel was amazing on every level. As soon as we walked into the hotel and saw the rooftop we loved it! It was just what we were looking for. We didn't want your average wedding reception hall. We wanted something that was different and reflected who we were. The view of the city is awesome and the space is PERFECT! Once we both decided this is a place we would like to have our wedding, we waited to speak to their event coordinator Natassa. Once we met her, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married 100%! Natassa is the nicest person and I got the best feeling from her. She made the whole process so great from beginning to end. She is AWESOME! She is a genuinely nice person, who happens to be amazing at what she does! Any questions I had, she was there to answer and help me, along with her awesome assistant Meagan, who is also so nice.

The food is phenomenal! We had a number of food tastings because we couldn't decide what food to choose! Every one of my guests told us how amazing the food was- they all said the best wedding food they have had!
    The view of the city at night is beautiful and all of our guests were so thrilled to be dancing the night away with those views!
    We really feel so lucky to have found Penthouse 808 and to have had Natassa and Meagan help plan our amazing day!

Sent on 10/20/2013

mary · Married on 06/08/2013

I had the most amazing wedding ever! Everything was perfect. Natassa made me feel so at ease and really went the extra mile. One of my bridesmaids dress broke and Natassa even had someone take it to the cleaners near by to get fixed. I highly recommend your venue, it was beautiful. The food stations were also amaze, my family and friends still talk about the Mashed potatoe martinins.

Thanks again!
    Mary

Sent on 02/20/2014

Concetta · Married on 05/27/2013

Natassa is the MOST outstanding woman that I have ever met! She flexible, understanding, and incredibly intuitive of the needs of her clients. She is an amazing person to work with for a wedding! Our wedding was done to perfection, everything included! I HIGHLY recommend Penthouse, Especially Natassa! :)

Sent on 09/01/2013
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 05/04/2013

All the staff at Penthouse808, especially and foremost, Natassa, were very professional and gave excellent customer service and beyond. They made sure our special day was just that! The location is a great place for all your special occasion and highly recommend it. And you can't beat that view, your guests will be talking about it long after!
    Ingrid and Juan

Sent on 07/02/2013

christina · Married on 09/14/2012

This place was the perfect venue for a late summer, early fall wedding. A delicious rooftop restaurant atop a fabulous hotel- not only was the food tasty, but out of town guests had the option of lodging there if they desired. The location was conveniently located between Manhattan and Queens, and there are many parks, museums and other landmarks that would make great wedding photos. The staff was very flexible, and accommodated all of our wishes. They worked around our budget. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would , and always do recommend this venue and to all brides in the NYC area!

Sent on 03/19/2014
  • User3242054 · 2+ years ago

I had the pleasure of working with Natassa on planning a private Engagement party at Penthouse 808. The view completely speaks for itself at this rooftop venue, but what was even more amazing was the service. Natassa completely gets what it means to make a soon-to-be bride feel special at her Engagement Party. She was open to our ideas, checked up on our needs and made us feel like we were truly important. I want to have every party there now! My guests had such a great time that several of them have booked events there themselves since mine. When they got off the elevator the look on everyone's face was priceless...cameras came out and pictures of the NY skyline were all over everyone's facebook! I could not say enough good things about this place. The weather was great that day, but since they can cover the rooftop we didnt have a single worry about the weather. Overall a wonderful experience and I look forward to working with them again. For any bride thinking about a unique venue, this is really an awesome place.

Sent on 05/07/2013