Penny Souza Photography Reviews

Penny Souza Photography 4
Penny Souza Photography 5

Kay · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful Experience!

It was an absolute pleasure to have Penny capture photos for our October 2018 wedding. Penny does great work and exceeded our expectations for a photographer. Our engagement and wedding photos were beautiful, but beyond that, the entire experience working with her was amazing. Penny is a true professional who was always on time for every meeting, took the time to understand our inspiration, and came prepared to capture all the shots that we wanted...and more! During the wedding, she was non-invasive but made sure to get all the photos we wanted and all the photos turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined! We were extremely satisfied with the entire process and the package of photos she provides. We would highly recommend working with Penny to capture your special day!

Sent on 02/23/2019

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Thank you Kay for the wonderful review! You and Jonathan were a pleasure to work with. It was a beautiful day. Just PERFECT!!

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Penny was amazing! We were so lucky to have her as part of our wedding. Not only was she professional and accommodating, her photography skills are exceptional. There is nothing bad that I could say about Penny whatsoever. I am going to recommend her to all of our friends who are getting married over the next several years and she really is the best in the area.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Thank you Michael! You and Alison were so wonderful to work with. Your wedding day was perfect in every way. You both are a beautiful couple inside and out. Happiness forever!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/21/2018

Dedicated, Quality Work!

Penny is a dedicated and hard working individual. She has years and years of experience doing what she does and she is very straight forward and makes sure she gets the job done. You never have to feel lost or confused on your busy, sometimes stressful day. She will make sure you get the results you want. We met with her twice before our June 2018 wedding and she met us halfway between her home in RI and our home in CT, armed with plenty of her work to show us ad help us customize the perfect package for our wants, needs and budget. Her packages are really good deals as far as what they include and what they cost. I was amazed by the price compared to many other highly priced photographers. Her work is quality and she gets it done quick. We had previews the next morning, and the full album in less than 2 weeks. You get full access to all the photos online, a flashdrive with all the pictures, and the ability for your family and friends to logon and get download pictures too, among any other idea you may come up with that you want to include in your package. I had taken ideas from other photographers packages that were more expensive, and Penny was able to include those ideas in ours for the better price. You can't go wrong with using Penny for your photography needs.

Penny Souza Photography 6
    Penny Souza Photography 18
    Penny Souza Photography 19
    Sent on 05/19/2019

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2017

We've had such a great experience working with Penny. She is highly talented and insightful. Her positive and calm attitude put everyone at ease on our wedding day. Our entire wedding party mentioned how comfortable they felt with Penny and Stephanie compared to other photographers they had worked with in the past for other weddings. If you want someone who will capture your wedding day perfectly and deliver high quality photos, Penny Souza is your girl. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Jessica & Dom, It was such a beautiful day. Despite the rain, it all worked out perfect! It was a joy to capture every aspect from getting ready, first look to end of night! Much happiness for years to come.

Erin · Married on 10/15/2016

Penny is amazingly talented, professional and a joy to work with. My husband and I are so happy we chose Penny to capture our wedding day. She was my friend's photographer when she was married years ago and the photos came out beautiful, so Penny was my first choice for a photographer when I got engaged. For both our engagement session as well as our wedding, she had printed out some inspiration photos I had sent her and she tried her best to capture as many as she could. She was great starting with our engagement session. It was an unusually chilly night and we had our super hyper puppy with us, Penny was incredible and was able to capture gorgeous photos of not only us, but the dog as well. On our wedding day she was early! I loved that she had an additional photographer who was able to take photos of the groom and groomsmen getting ready. The entire wedding day she was amazing, she kept us on schedule while still being mindful of the photos we wanted to capture. She even convinced my husband, who hates dancing, to get out on the dance floor so she could take some pictures of us dancing together. My photos were ready about a week later! I can't stop looking at them. Penny successfully captured our wedding day exactly as we wanted. I highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

What a wonderful time from engagement to wedding day! I love the rustic feel of the venue. Loved getting to know you and your family!

melissa · Married on 05/14/2016

Penny Souza is AMAZING. We had our wedding in Newport on May 14, 2016. The wedding was a morning wedding, and while we were THRILLED with the perfectly blue skies, the early day and noon sun can make for harsh photography lighting. Penny absolutely nailed it. Our pictures are incredible. She got all the pictures that I wanted/needed with family and friends. She suggested great locations around our favorite city, and was a joy to work with. She worked within our budget, and I could not be happier. I absolutely recommend Penny Souza Photography!!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was such a pleasure capturing your Newport wedding! Everything was perfect.

Diana · Married on 09/26/2015

Penny Souza and her assistant were so wonderful to work with. We enjoyed every moment we had with them. They were very professional, courteous and filled with great personality! They captured our wedding day perfectly!

Diana W.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

A beautiful couple and a beautiful wedding in the Berkshires!

My husband and I were very happy with Penny's product from our 9/19/15 wedding! The photo quality is incredible and she captured every single important moment from our wedding day! Penny is super quick with the editing process and we had all 975 photos just 1.5 weeks after the wedding! She was so good that my sister and her fiancé didn't even hesitate to book her for their July 2016 wedding. Penny is very detail oriented and has a friendly personality, making it easy to work with her. My husband and I highly recommend Penny and we promise you she will be great to work with!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

From the beautiful church to the Saphire Estate venue, it was a day to remember! Colleen and Mark were easy going and fun.

Kayla · Married on 09/05/2015

Penny is amazing! i had contacted her a little over a year ago looking for a wedding photographer. After speaking with her I knew she seemed perfect. She took the time and met up with my fiancé and I and actually treated us to coffee as we went over what we were looking for. After our first time meeting Penny we knew she was just our style. She did our engagement session which we loved and couldn't wait to see our what our wedding photos would be like. We love every moment that Penny has captured for us! We couldn't be happier!
    Kayla & Chris Gioranino

Sent on 10/21/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Kayla & Chris! What a beautiful couple. It was such a beautiful fall wedding at Bittersweet Farm. I enjoyed working with you both from your engagement to big day. Much happiness!

Caitlin · Married on 07/17/2015

Penny was truly a joy to work with from day one, and oh-so talented. From the moment we met with her, we knew she was the perfect person to capture our wedding day. Our engagement session set the stage for the entire experience as she embraced the wind and the lighting, resulting in beautiful photos. When our wedding day came, she truly caught every moment in spectacular fashion, giving us photos that will allow us to relive our day for the rest of our lives. Thank you Penny!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I felt from the moment I met you both, it was a perfect match! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Justin! Much Happiness,

Penny was wonderful to work with! She was incredibly prompt turning our pictures around and providing a first-look. We are very pleased with our selection of her as our wedding photographer.

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Kelly, you and Chris were amazing to work with. It was my pleasure to capture every aspect of your day.

Laura · Married on 06/27/2015

Penny was fantastic! As you can imagine, choosing vendors for your wedding can be very stressful. From our initial meeting over coffee to the day of our wedding, Penny was very laid back, reassuring and professional. She has a great eye and a natural ability to get great shots. We also found that her prices were among the most reasonable out there. We are beyond thrilled with our photos and her services. She truly captured the special moments in our day!!! If you are looking for a great photographer, Penny is it! Highly recommend :^)

Sent on 07/30/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Laura & Tom, Your wedding day was such a pleasure to capture! From the moment we met, I knew it was a great fit. Much happiness!!

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

My Husband and I hired Penny to photograph our wedding and we are beyond happy with the job she did. Penny is very professinal,quick to answer any questions we had, and was easy to communicate with.
    Penny captured our day perfectly, she didn't miss a thing! Our pictures are breathtaking and we continue to recive compliments daily . I highly recommend hiring Penny!!!

Katie,

You and Chris picked the perfect venue on the beach for your wedding. It was such a pleasure to capture your day and get to know the family. Many years of happiness.
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 05/25/2015

Wow, we cannot say enough great things about Penny! From the start Penny was professional and friendly. She came to every meeting we had prepared to answer all our questions and with plenty of samples of her work. On our wedding day Penny was absolutely fabulous! The photos came out amazing; she was easy to work with, and she got all the photos we wanted and more. She had our photos ready within 2 weeks of our wedding, and put up a fabulous teaser on her website for us to share with family and friends. We highly recommend Penny, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was not only a pleasure, but an honor to capture your day.

PATTY · Married on 05/24/2015

Words can not describe the great experience that we have had with Penny from the very beginning of our e-mail inquiring about availability and pricing to receiving our final wedding pictures in such a short time after our event. Finding a wedding photographer is almost a daunting task of finding the perfect person to capture your day but also finding someone personable enough to include them in your special day. Penny has such a great personality that she felt more like a guest and apart of our family than someone just taking pictures. To have a photographer that is so detailed on our wants and needs and then being full of ideas when we had no idea what it was that we wanted really meant a lot. We look forward to working with Penny on our future family photos.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

You an Nick were stunning! This was a beautiful Berkshires wedding. One to remember for years to come.

Heather · Married on 05/23/2015

The BEST Photographer in the New England area in my book hands down! Penny was absolutely AMAZING to work with! From the moment we talked on the phone to discuss our wedding, I knew she was the perfect photographer for us! We planned our wedding from out of state, which has it's own set of unique challenges. When we talked to Penny and told her what we were looking for for our wedding and engagement sessions she was very nice, professional, made us feel very much at ease and was more than happy to roll with any ideas we had! For our engagement session we knew we wanted to do a fall themed shoot but didn't know where to go. Penny had the brilliant idea of going to Roger Williams State Park where we were able to move around and get pictures in different areas and locations of the park, which diversified the pictures and made each one special and unique. For our wedding day, Penny captured our special day in the perfect light (even though the sun and lighting was not the best). She went along with our crazy idea of trekking to the local park & football stadium and taking pics of us and the wedding party climbing over bleachers, swings and slides. Every single picture came out AMAZING!! We have literally poured over the pictures over and over again and fall in love with each and every shot more and more as we go! Do yourself a favor, stop looking for photographers, pick up the phone, call Penny & hire her! You will be so happy you did! We cannot wait for the next chance we can work with her again!

Heather,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a wedding to be described as unique, classic, beautiful, intimate, all wrapped up in one!

Kristen · Married on 05/08/2015

We had hired Penny Souza for our recent May wedding in Narragansett. It was the best choice we could have made! Penny was always available and so helpful during the entire process. She put together an amazing custom package, that worked with our price point, which was so helpful. All the photos came out amazing!! Penny is truly talented. She truly focuses on her clients, which makes Penny Souza Photography the best around. We can't thank you enough!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Penny Souza Photography's reply:

Kristen & Mike! This was one of my favorite weddings this year. Despite the fog that scratched the beach photos. It all turned out to be perfect!

Penny did an amazing job on our wedding and engagement pictures! Everyone raves about the photos. She was reasonable priced, made it easy for me because she had already been to the venue and decided where would be the best places to take pictures, took beautiful shots and got the pictures back to us a week after the wedding. They came out beautiful. She gave us a USB memory stick with all the edited pictures inside a decorated box with pictures of my husband and I and gave us all the prints in a adorable decorated box.

My wedding was perfect and Penny captured it all beautifully! If you are having a wedding in the Newport area I highly recommend her!

These are the pictures Penny posted on her website of our wedding

Sent on 05/15/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/19/2015

As a bride, everyday leading up to the wedding is stressful. The smallest tasks tend to be the most stressful. That being said, I am so happy that I chose Penny to be my photographer for our wedding. When we were in a rough spot looking for a place to have our formal pictures taken, she did her absolute best to find us a better spot. The day of the wedding, she arrived early to take pictures of my dress and flowers. Her pictures came out amazing and they are a memory of my wedding day that I will keep with me forever. Penny was also very professional in all that she did. Even my guests at the wedding told me "Your photographer is SO NICE!" and I agree 100%. I would highly recommend anyone to choose Penny Souza as your photographer for your wedding or event. She will do her best to make that day memorable and stress-free for you. She is one of the most genuine people that I have ever met, and I am so happy that I chose her.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/18/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Penny. If you remember anything from this review, let it be this: "Hire her!"
    Penny is professional, kind, hard-working, and talented. We worked with her on our Engagement pictures and our Wedding pictures. I have never liked so many pictures of myself...
    She is wonderfully talented and was so easy to get in touch with. She listened to our ideas and offered suggestions. She is, without a doubt, an amazing photographer. Her assistant, May, worked with the guys before the ceremony and took some amazing shots as well. Seriously...Hire her!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Avery · Married on 04/11/2015

Penny was such a wonderful find!!! We were lucky enough to do an engagement shoot and a wedding day shoot with her. She is truly so easy to work with. Her pictures are beautiful. So many people said our photos belong on the cover of a magazine. She is super professional, fun and caring. She is invested in your day as much as you are. I would recommend to to everyone she is the BEST!!!!!!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Brian · Married on 12/06/2014

We were lucky enough to find Penny before our wedding day, but not early enough for our engagement photos. She still offered us a free "engagement" session so that we could get to know each other and feel comfortable for the wedding. The photos from that session are amazing! We spent several hours in Boston taking some of our favorite pictures. Her attention to lighting and background paid off- they are beautiful. I think the most notable thing was that Penny made us so comfortable while taking the photos, despite neither of us liking to have our picture taken.

On the wedding day, Penny and her second shooter each traveled more than an hour and both arrived at our hotel a little earlier than expected (this was great- extra time!). They went right to work capturing little "detail" shots for us- the rings, my veil and shoes, the groomsmen folding their pocket squares. They even took my dress to our hotel lobby to get some shots of it hanging in better light. Then they took photos of each group getting ready and getting into our limo.

At our wedding venue, they helped us set up a first look. The pictures from it are some of my favorites from the day. Even though we had two cameras pointed at us, we weren't crowded and felt like it was just time for us. We also got our formal bridal portraits done before the ceremony so they could use the little bit of sunlight we would have that day. The pictures were beautiful, even though we were kept indoors because of a cold, rainy day.

Penny has left a great impression on us- she is very responsive to her customers, easy to talk to, works with changes well, and takes great photos- whether they are very formal or very fun. She worked quickly on editing our photos and posting them in our online gallery. After the engagement shoot and the wedding, we received our USB/proofs very quickly. Even after our proofs were sent to us, she's made sure that everything was as expected.

Sent on 01/01/2015
  • User4428941 · event on: 09/20/2014

My Fiancée and I had an engagement session done recently with Penny, who will also be photographing our wedding as soon as we have a date for our wedding for next year. We wanted a photographer who has proven talent, is dynamic and creative, and supremely professional; all for a competitive price. Penny Souza exceeded our expectation in every way.
    Penny allowed us to do everything we wanted, yet put her unique spin and creative edge into our ideas. The engagement session was made totally our own and Penny did a phenomenal job getting the perfect backdrops and moments of us being us–no posing, no acting. She also allowed us to include our dog Opehelia and came with printed pictures and ideas as to what she wanted to capture with our dog.
    Her style of photography is uncanny and something I have not seen in other photographer’s work before. Before hiring Penny I had called many other photographers in the Newport, RI area and no other photographer took the time to get to know me and what I exactly wanted for our engagement photo shoot. Her sample photos were incredible, I was astounded by our photographs and every other album she has done is beautiful.

Penny is dedicated and passionate about her job and it shows. She had all 200+ pictures edited and back to us within 2 days. We were very fortunate to work with Penny and to take pictures for such a memorable moment in our life and I cannot wait until our wedding to see what she will do then!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

Penny was my photographer for my wedding on 9/13/14. I just happened to stumble upon her when searching for a photographer and I'm so happy I did! Both Penny and her assistant Mae were amazing to work with. Penny is very professional and had great ideas for the creative photos I was looking for. It unfortunately rained on my wedding day but Penny went above and beyond to make sure I received some beautiful and memorable wedding photos. My photos were even ready in less than a week. I would recommend Penny to anyone in need of a photographer and will definitely be using her services in the future. Thank you Penny!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Peggy · Married on 08/24/2014

Penny's creativity and quality of her photos is outstanding!! She was very professional and was very quick to have our gallery ready for viewing!!! I love the fact that just the day after my Daughters wedding Penny had posted teasers of our event, which quickly brought back the excitement of the day before. Penny Souza Photography was the perfect choice we are so very pleased with her services!!!

Sent on 09/03/2014