Penelope L'amore Photography Reviews

37 | Austin, TX

37 Reviews for Penelope L'amore Photography

Brooke Lee · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Detailed and Talented Photographer !

Penelope was by far one of my favorite vendors to work with throughout my entire wedding process! She was very professional, timely, detail oriented and above all extremely talented. I had some unique requests and challenges getting married on NYE (with wanting a more romantic candle lit ceremony with festoon lighting as my backdrop) and she ensured that all lighting scenarios were discussed and addressed with my lighting team (Austin Event Lighting) and together they created the most magical ceremony space while also not compromising on the lighting for the photos! I was blown away by our photos and will cherish them forever. I am so glad I chose Penelope to capture our special day!

Sent on 03/19/2020
  • Yelica

Yelica · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing photographer, professional and beautiful work.

It was so amazing working with Penny. I had been on the search for a reputable photographer until I bumped into her Instagram page. I instantly fell in love with her amazing work. She pays so much attention to detail. I knew photography was the most important thing for my wedding so I had to find the best photographer out there! I am so blessed that we were able to get her for our Engagement pictures and for our Wedding day! She really did an amazing job and she makes you feel so confident and comfortable in your own skin. I got married in the Catholic Church and the coordinator from the church told her that she wasn't able to go on certain areas of the church. I was devastated, I was afraid that she wouldn't be able to capture the most important reactions/moments of my special day, especially the one of my husbands reaction when I was walking down the aisle. I don't know how she did it to capture it but sure enough she did and it brought happy tears to my eyes. We can't thank you enough for the amazing pictures you delivered to us. Also, while at the Venue she wanted us to take pictures of what looked like dry bushes, I was kind of hesitant but I let her do her thing because I mean she's a professional and I trusted her work and she came out with the most amazing images in that bush! My favorite pictures were captured in that bush!! So guys, trust her, she knows what she's doing. I'm so sad that our wedding is over but I do hope that you get to capture more special moments for us. Thank you Penny, from the bottom of our hearts. We love you.

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • VanessaHadley

Vanessahadley · Married on 11/02/2019

Austin's Finest Photographer - Penelope Lamore

It was such a pleasure working with Penelope! From the beginning she impressed us with her level of involvement. She happily recommended several photo locations in Austin, potential outfit ideas, and props. I must admit, we were nervous about creating genuine poses during this shoot. Penelope quickly put us at ease with her warm personality and desired posing suggestions. She clearly is passionate about creating magical moments for her clients.

We challenged Penelope by requesting a family photo session with our two dogs. She was very attentive, patient, and kind. Her talent speaks for itself. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Penelope and look forward to working with her again in the future. I, without a doubt, would highly recommend this amazing photographer. Thank you, Penelope! I will forever cherish our photos.

Vanessa & Shawnn Williams

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2018

It was a pleasure working with Penelope. She is very professional and flexible. She gave sense of direction on how to stand/pose and made the whole process easier and fun! The final product was amazing — the pictures came out great!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Kate · Married on 10/19/2018

She was absolutely wonderful. I had such a great time!

Sent on 07/20/2018

REBECCA · Married on 06/16/2018

We got everything we wanted and more from working with Penelope. She was able to customize a package for our unique needs at an affordable price. She was available and offered expertise whenever we needed. I would highly recommend Penelope if you want beautiful photos and a stress-free wedding day!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Brenna · Married on 11/11/2017

Penelope is just great. She was referred to me by a photographer who was referred to me by a friend, so in the end I was kind of basing my decision from her website alone. Which is phenomenal! She went above and beyond by traveling over 3 hrs to our destination wedding. I didn’t meet Penelope until the morning of our wedding and only after 20min of shooting with her I could’ve cried with happiness. Her emails leading up to the wedding were so helpful and she even provided a guided timeline for the entire day. Although we booked her over 9months in advance her communication skills were outstanding and she answered all our questionsand which gave us peace of mind. Once she told me what she had in mind I knew our wedding photos would be unique and memorable but they were so much more than that. She captured such an intimate and tear worthy moment the first time my husband saw me on my wedding day. If I had four words to describe Penelope L’amore: Professional, talented, kind and patient.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Vanna · Married on 11/05/2017

Dream Photographer!!

Penelope is an absolute dream photographer to work with. She brings energy, creativity, and some serious skill to every interaction. I've worked with Penny on numerous projects and she is just a joy to be around. On top of her fabulous personality, she is also an extremely talented photographer and artist. I think her artsy background as a painter is one of her true differentiating factors as a photographer. You will not be disappointed if you hire her as your photographer!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2017

Penelope is a joy to work with. Her professionalism is outstanding. She listens to your wedding vision and captures every detail and special moment that you could imagine. She is super sweet and makes you feel very comfortable. She works her magic behind the lens and produces the most amazing and beautiful photos that you will cherish for a lifetime. I would recommend her to all my family and friends!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2017

Penelope was such a joy to work with! She is very personable and extremely talented. Our original photographer fell through 1 month before our wedding, and Penelope came to the rescue. She is very sweet and truly cares about making her clients happy. She got our photos back to us quickly, and viewing the album felt like reliving our wedding day all over again. She was able to capture every special moment and the beautiful little details of our wedding as well. We love our photos and would highly recommend Penelope L'amore Photography to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Meg · Married on 09/19/2017

Working with Penny was such a wonderful experience! It really felt like a collaboration. She's has such a passion and creativity about what she does and that shows from the first reach out, down to the wedding and beyond. She encouraged us to share what was special to us, and any thoughts or ideas were encouraged and then thoughtfully incorporated into our pre-wedding and wedding day photos . When we didn't have strong preferences she brought customized suggestions for poses and moments that we are now so happy to have as part of our memories! There can be plenty of stress during the wedding planing journey, so it felt amazing to have a wonderful photographer on board who made that aspect so smooth!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

We decided to pick our photographer based on "goodness of fit". We found Penelope to be incredibly kind, knowledgeable, and engaging. If you are looking for a photographer who is not just another wedding vendor, but someone you can collaborate with efficiently, Penelope is a great fit for you.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

Thank you Rachel! Thank you so much for your beautiful words! I cannot wait for our journey to continue and all the wonderful things to come on your wedding day!

Katy · Married on 04/22/2017

As a fellow wedding vendor, I have worked with many photographers throughout the wedding industry. Not only was Penelope a complete joy to work with, but her creativity and commitment to perfectly capturing each couple’s special day is immeasurable. Everyone should be so lucky to work with and along side Penelope!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Cindy · Married on 03/31/2017

Penelope made my fiance and I feel so comfortable. We are a couple of introverts, but penelope help is get out of our shelf and made the experience fun. We had our pictures in no time and they were amazing!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

Cindy! You are just the sweetest! I had a great time working with you both. Your sweet smile brings me joy when I look back through your engagement images. Really, so grateful I was able to work with you both!

Crystal · Married on 03/12/2017

Thanks to Penny we are able to experience our wedding day every time we look through the beautiful photos she captured. Even the moments we weren't able to catch on our actual wedding day. Both me and my husband are camera shy, but Penny made us both feel like we've known her all our lives. We were able to start our first day as husband and wife together without any worries and completely stuck in the moment of getting to live the rest of our days with each other! Which was possible thanks to the professionalism and positive attitude Penny displayed throughout the day, and especially during the family photos. She knew how to make everyone feel comfortable and handle any situation we threw at her. We are truly happy with her hard work, and support we received throughout our engagement, and wedding day. As well as the beautiful memories we get to keep! Without a doubt Penny has"Mad SKILLZ"!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Diana · Married on 03/11/2017

Penelope has been great from the very beginning at responding to all my emails/text and has always been extremely professional.

Sent on 12/25/2016

Diana · Married on 03/11/2017

Penelope was referred to me from a mutual friend and Penelope was beyond amazing! From the first email to getting my pictures she was always quick to respond and profesional. The day of our wedding she was on time and prepared with extra time lines for any other vendors who needed it. She worked great with videographer as well! She was happy and willing to take all pictures I requested last minute. When we got our pictures the WHOLE family was blown away by the quality of her pictures. My husband said we looked liked a picture out of a magazine. We are happy we picked Penelope for our wedding and would recommend her for any special occasion. You won't regret it! I know we didn't!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Jasmine · Married on 12/31/2016

Incredible to work with and our images were fantastic!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

Aww thank you so much! Such a pleasure working with you both. Just so excited for your NYE wedding! You two are the best!

Audrey · Married on 12/10/2016

She was able to use and capture our uniqueness as a couple and bring that out in the photos. And we really appreciate the value of her work. As she is a very talented professional, we would definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

Audrey! I really appreciate you two trusting me with your precious moments and memories! It was a great joy to be there for you two. Thank you again and for your kind words.

Annika · Married on 10/06/2016

Penelope has a lovely way about her and makes everyone feel at ease. She captures gorgeous images of emotional moments to treasure a life time.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

It is always a pleasure to work with you! I really enjoy getting to know you. Thank you so much!
  • X

Xochitl · Married on 10/02/2016

I love how natural and beautiful the photos look and usually the terms and conditions are of the contracts are hard to understand but Penelope made it so easy to understand.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Phoebe · Married on 09/05/2016

My husband and I found penelope for our recent engagement and wedding. We loved her work. She was able to meet with us to talk at length about what our vision was. Very friendly. We appreciated her quality of work. It was very high end for an affordable price. Especially for a new couple looking to save when we can without compromising.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

I had a blast working with you both. I know your engagements were very important to you and I was so happy we could have an amazing time at McKinny falls. The waterfalls and beautiful music by Keane was magical. It was too cute to capture you singing together. I knew your wedding was going to be one for the books and it was. I was so happy you two took the time to plan out your wedding day and timeline together with your planner. It made for a special and smooth day. I really loved your appreciation for art and images. I cannot wait to deliver your album and see your reaction. Thanks again!

MELISSA · Married on 09/03/2016

We chose Penelope from referral of another photographer that wasn't available for our wedding date. We are so glad Penelope worked with us. She was very informative, and gave many tips. We worked in the summer heat for my bridal photos and they came out flawless! I broke a sweat and it didn't even show. I could've been more relaxed but I was nervous so I would advice to try to stay relaxed during the session, you will smile a lot and hold your pose a lot and that is expected but just know ahead of time. I think I should've have a drink to relax, but I did well either way. Have some help, you can not shoot your bridal photos alone w photographer. Penelope also w the help of a second shooter did an AMAZING job on my wedding photos. I have received so many compliments. She was able to capture moments that I might have missed due to getting ready etc. I couldn't be at every spot at the same time so when I saw my gallery I felt like she took me to those moments I missed. The lighting was not overkill it was perfect! I don't remember saying much to her after the reception started but we had or she had a plan and carried it out gracefully. The photos show it all. I would highly recommend her and take a peak at her photo gallery. Our photo gallery should be available soon under Marcos and Melissa Ortiz on her website. you can also look up some photos under #ortizwedding9316 or my facebook page. Melissa A. Ortiz. She is amazing, that's all that goes through my head when I look at my photos!
    Thanks
    Melissa and Marcos Ortiz

Sent on 09/14/2016

Penelope L'amore Photography's reply:

Melissa, you have been a pleasure to work with from our first consultation to our occasional text conversations to date! It's great that after all our consultations, bridal portraits, wedding day and album design, print orders that we still get to be friends and stay in touch. Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of some of the most important moments of your life. It has been a pleasure to know you and your beautiful family.

Perla · Married on 07/28/2016

To start, I was referred to her by a friend of mine who was also a bride and used Penelope for her wedding photography. I was very impressed by her reviews and photos on Instagram so I decided to reach out to Penelope. She was very speedy in responding to me. I should also note that I was planning this wedding from out of state, with a 5 hour time difference, and Penelope was very accommodating to that as well. Our first consultation was through Skype, but once I was in town we met in person. One of my favorite things is that she is very organized and will work out a wedding timeline with you down to the minute, based on the shots that will be taken. It was comforting to see how very detailed she is, and takes the time to communicate those details.
    With the package that I got, I also got to do a Bridal shoot which was great because I was able to see how we worked together and got along. She is amazing in all of her work, let me just say that.
    On the day of the wedding, she captured all of the best moments. I am very into candid shots, and she made sure that's what we got. I just received the link to our wedding photos and what I mostly saw was laughter and happy tears, what better way to remember our special day?
    I was very happy with her dedication and ability to "capture the moment".

Sent on 08/25/2016

We had a great time working with Penny. She was helpful and available with any questions or creative
    suggestions for our engagement photo shoot. She was more that willing to carry out our vision but at
    the same time she provided her creative and professional expertise when we needed it. She was so
    patient and sweet!
    She arrived early to our engagement shoot location to scout out the best locations. She was prompt.
    We are not by any means professional models so she had such encouraging feedback for us during our
    shoot which helped us to feel less awkward and we were able to let loose some more and just have fun.
    She even had a playlist playing on her iPhone while we were doing some dancing poses!
    We appreciated how timely she had our shots ready since we used a couple of them for our wedding
    invitations. She would send us a shot here and there as she worked on them which got us super excited.
    I'm ecstatic about working with her for our future wedding day photographs. Highly recommend the
    artistry and professionalism on Penelope L'Amoure Photography!

Sent on 04/19/2016