Peerless Events and Tents - Dallas Reviews

23 | Arlington, TX

23 Reviews for Peerless Events and Tents - Dallas

Angela · Married on 04/27/2019

Very responsive and organized

Baylor and crew took care of me on the planning and billing. The day they showed up to set up the tent, the crew was very friendly and wanted to make sure the tent and tables were exactly as I wanted.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Monica · Married on 11/10/2018

Fantastic!

I worked with Jennifer Lucas and it was an absolutely perfect experience. The tent was beautiful, lights were impressive. Jenn was quick to respond and willing to answer a million different questions and explore a million different options with me, very patiently. I’m so appreciative of this company and the culture that empowers Jenn to do great work. We’ll never forget our lovely tent. It was a show stopper

Sent on 12/22/2018

Nan · Married on 04/08/2017

Highly recommend. We used Peerless for our daughter's wedding. We did most of the planning ourselves. They are one of the only companies that has an outdoor dance floor that doesn't require a tent over it. Peerless was so easy to work with even though we made tons of little changes. Everything was perfect, on time, professionally set up and taken down, clean and in good repair. I even asked for small changes int eh set up--no problems (Could you move this table 2 feet over this way? Could you put the dance floor a foot further that way?) They were responsive to many questions. Very helpful and easy to work with. Just perfection in every way.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Peerless Events and Tents - Dallas's reply:

Nan, thank you for your kind review! It means more than you know to hear that our vision and desire for our clients to have the best "Big Day" possible is being achived. Warm Regard - Peerless Houston

Melba · Married on 10/16/2016

We were very pleased with the service and equipment. Dana Tipps did a great job for us! Thanks, Dana!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Robert · Married on 09/10/2016

I had great customer service! It was a pleasure working with Bailey, she was very informative and helped me figure out what I needed.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Mike · Married on 08/19/2016

What a wonderful company to work with! From the unmatched customer service provided by the terrific Baylie Hill to the installation from the field crew. They ALL went above and beyond all my expectations. Their is no other option for me and my whole company on who we will hire for all our future tent rentals!

Sent on 08/25/2016

My family was happy when we found Peerless Events and Tente for table and chair rentals. We were hosting a small party and the overall experience was good. I dealt directly with Dana, and was excited to call her for assistance with my neice's wedding next spring. Dana is professional and knowledgeable. Everyone at Peerless is friendly and helpful. We are happy to recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Madison · Married on 03/12/2016

I got married on March 12, 2016 and had the pleasure of working with Baylie Hill at Peerless. Her creativity made our day more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. The clear top tent and the antler chandelier were just two of the incredibly unique touches that made our day so special. The Peerless team worked together to provide us with functional and elegant rentals, and were extremely friendly and easy to work with. We will proudly use them for all of our future rental needs!

Sent on 07/12/2016

For any party event I always use Peerless Events & Tents. The customer service is superb. Sandi Tarby you can tell is very knowledgeable in her line of business. It's always nice to have someone to help with your event that knows what you need. I would highly recommend this company to anyone! Thank you Sandi and Peerless.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Paul · Married on 01/09/2016

The Elite College Showcases have been using Dallas Party & Tent for years for their College Showcases, since about 2002 I believe. Over the years I can say that the product and support have been outstanding. As anyone knows, problems occur no matter what you do or who you use. People, businesses and contractors should be measured, not by the fact that they had an issue, but rather how the respond to the issue. I have been working with Sandi for several years now, I even when there are problems, Sandi and the, now Peerless Events & Tents, team have done a phenomenal job taking care of us. Problems, although do happen at times are rectified immediately and everything is done with professionalism.

An example, now that I know Peerless and Dallas Party and Tent are one, we have previously used a different company for our Showcase in Round Rock. Sandi informed me that there was a branch in the Austin area so, to me, it was a no-brainer to make the switch. The previous company was always very slow to respond however I continued to use them since they knew what was required annually. It was the easy way out for me. Additionally their product was below average. This year, we used Peerless out of Austin and were extremely happy with everything. I met the installation crew to show them what we needed and the location and the supervisor was amazingly polite and helpful and everything went very well.

I highly recommend Peerless Events & Tents, their customer service has been a 10!!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Jan · Married on 10/25/2015

They have everything you need and can take out the stress from the planning of your event.
    We used Peerless for my nephew's wedding and were completely satisfied with the farm tables and benches for the rehearsal dinner. They fit perfectly in the outdoor setting making it look like a picture out of a magazine. Baylie was a delight to work with and assisted us with all of our needs. We would definitely use them again and recommend them to others.

Sent on 08/23/2016

N · Married on 09/19/2015

Peerless did not disappoint. I have used them for various events. Call and ask for Sandi - she is extremely helpful and gets the job done!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Dallas Party Tent & Event provided beautiful fruitwood chiavari chairs for my wedding. They truly transformed the space! Beautiful!

Sent on 11/08/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/16/2016

GREAT company to work with! I highly recommend Dan Ferris and Sandy Tarby!! Terrific customer service and very knowledgeable about the product. We have a destination wedding at a private estate in Texas and Dan and his team have been top notch all the way!

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2008

They were very helpful and reasonable. The only complaint I had about them is when they delivered my tables and chairs they were dirty. We had to wash all the tables and chairs because it looked like coke had been spilt on them. Other than that, they were on time and very professional. I would reccommend them to anybody who is planning their wedding on a tight budget.

Sent on 08/04/2009

Dallas Party Tent and Event did a great job at providing me with the perfect package for my wedding day . There were a few things that we were not very happy with but those got fixed as soon as we talked to the owner Brian who cleared everything up ! Thank you !

Sent on 05/11/2013

Nick · Married on 04/14/2012

Best tenting company in DFW. Great value and flexible with their packages.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2012

3.8
      2.0

They were very nice and accomadating when placing my order for tent, chairs, table, linens, dancefloor, but upon delivery the tent was not in the best condition. It had holes in it & many of the side walls couldn't even connect together because all the snaps were broken off. Because the sides couldn't connect to each other or around the poles to keep them in place the flapped loudly and knocked over chairs & table deocorations during the course of the whole wedding weekend. I would not recommend this to anyone. We spent several hours trying to keep the side walls anchored down so they wouldn't fly up and hit people.

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • Lielo

Julie · Married on 06/14/2008

2.6
      1.5
      1.5

Everything was fine except that they were supposed to deliver 5 tables and brought 3. The delivery guy was supposed to go get 2 more and he never returned. This was at the end of the day Friday and when I called Saturday morning to check on the tables, they were closed. I left a message on the machine but my call was not returned. I had to find the tables elsewhere. They took the tables off my bill and apologized, but made no other attempts to make it up to me.

Sent on 07/01/2008

2.4
      2.5

Unfortunately we were only allowed by our reception hall to use this vendor. We met with them on multiple occasions and they were so unorganized. We drew up plans to explain exactly were all 8 of our tables would go. They only had to place 8 guest tables and a head table. When we arrived at our reception, the tables were pushed into our dance floor area. None of them were in the right place and our head table was so close to the wall that I couldn't even get to my seat without having to make everyone get up and squeezing by. Totally disappointing.

Sent on 12/13/2015

La Toya · Married on 11/08/2009

3.0
      0.5

(Brace yourself, this one is long - but someone needs to know) This company is AWFUL! If you want anything about your event to be done correctly and in a professional manner, please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. They were nice enough in the beginning and it was very close to our wedding date when I booked them, so we paid in full. They sent a receipt via email the same day. I ordered 80 white garden chairs and 80 burnt orange chair sashes. A week after they received payment, they sent another email stating that are authorized to charge any additional charges to the card they had on file for having to carry equipment up stairs, over 50ft, etc.

I immediately sent an email back stating that they not charge our card anything additional because this information was never disclosed to us at the time we purchased their services. I didn't see how it was fair to leave this out until a week after they had their money! I also called and Halen (who was very sweet by the way) assured me that this wouldn't be the case and they just have to put that out there. In addition to that, James (another person there) said it's for some customers who have had them, in his own words "walk across a football field carrying equipment). I told him that there shouldn't be a problem and I even paid for them to park in a parking garage just a few feet from the ceremony site.

The next day, Halen calls and tells me that they don't have burnt orange chair sashes in the sheer organza that I wanted. I was a little upset because when I ordered them initially, I wasn't told that they weren't available. She added that they do have burnt orange, but in crushed organza. I was perfectly fine with that, but let Halen know that the color HAD to be Burnt Orange, I wasn't so concerned about the material.

So, the day before the scheduled delivery, another girl name Crystal calls me to confirm the details. When she gets to the sashes, she tells me the color they have listed is Ivory. I said, "No, the color needs to be burnt orange". She says, "Oh yes, I do see a note here for burnt orange."

Okay, the day of delivery, my then fiance is about to leave our apartment to meet the driver at our venue so he can pay for parking. Imagine our surprise when he finds Dallas Party Tent and event in our apartment complex parking lot blocking his car in! I was not at the house at the time, but running errands. When I called the company to ask why on earth would he deliver 80 chairs to our apartment, she just laughs and asks ME the same thing! No apology or anything. I'm soo frustrated by this point, but my fiance has the driver follow him to the venue. Well, their truck's hitch wouldn't fit in the parking garage, so my fiance helped him unload and deliver the chairs to where they needed to go. When he brings home the chair sashes for me to inspect, they aren't even burnt orange crushed organza like I was told. They are a coral color or regular orange at best and they are satin! I'm trying to let it go as my wedding planner said we didn't have to use them at all if I didn't want to. I told her it was okay, since they were already paid for and no one would know what color they were really supposed to be but us anyway.

Fast forward to the Monday after our wedding. After Dallas Party Tent and event is already closed for the day, James sends me an email stating they have already charged our credit card on file another $95 and change because the security guard wouldn't let them use the elevators to pick up equipment and 3 straps to hold down the chairs were missing! I specifically told them NOT to charge our card and I had it in writing! I couldn't call him because it was after hours and there I was, on my honeymoon, still dealing with these people! I emailed him back anyway, stating I didn't mind the charge for the straps because if they were missing, then of course we would pay. But to charge us when they weren't given permission because of a security guard that I don't even know was just wrong. He could have called us to let us know what was going on before he charged the card and maybe we could have figured something else out.

James proceeded to argue with me through email and not return my phone calls. He also mentioned in one email, "Good luck getting the charges reversed!" Who DOES that? This place was just awful from day one. No matter what price discount they promise you, they are NOT worth it. When I look back on our wedding day, all was WONDERFUL, except for this place that stuck out like a sore thumb. Do NOT use this place!

Sent on 11/18/2009

1.0

We had table and chair rental from Dallas Party Tent & Event for our wedding because they are the only vendor our venue allowed. They were responsive with emails and helpful on assisting us with the order. However, the delivery on the wedding day was very bad. Their first delivery didn't have all the items on the order and they had to come back to get a big chunk of the order. Some of the bar stools were broken at delivery. Some of the linens were still missing after their 2 deliveries and we had to borrow linens from the caterer to save the day. They caused a lot of troubles and delays during our short set up time frame. They were also late to pick up the rentals after the wedding. We had a very bad experience with this vendor and would not recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Peerless Events and Tents - Dallas's reply:

Thank you for your review. One of the things that has made our business thrive since the beginning is honest feedback from our clients in areas of improvement and in areas where we're doing really well. We are sorry we dropped the ball on your delivery and as seen in some of our other reviews it's out of our nature to make such a simple mistake. We have numerous policies and procedures that are set in place to avoid such mistakes and we hope that you would give us another chance so you can see that our delivery service is in fact on par with the awesome customer service you experience when you placed your reservation.
  • Lauren

Lauren Cannata · Married on 12/08/2018

Ruined our ceremony

Peerless was contracted to provide a tent with heating and lighting for our ceremony on Dec 8th. Our coordinator had worked with them before and recommended them due to the last-minute booking (the weather wasn't looking good for our outdoor ceremony, so we pulled the trigger the Tuesday before our Saturday wedding.

Jennifer, the main sales person, was easy to work with and sent a team out to our venue (The Filter Building) during the week to make sure that the tent would work. She confirmed that everything looked good and that there was plenty of power to support the heaters/lighting.

Fast forward to the day of the wedding. First, the set-up crew didn't know what time to set up, despite it being in the notes. When they got there, they didn't know where the tent was supposed to be - again, despite it being in the notes we reviewed with Jennifer. Once the tent was set up, they realized the heater was broken. We didn't get another one until 3pm (wedding was at 4pm and the Peerless team told us that the heaters had to be on for at least 2 hours for the tent to be heated at all). When the heater was plugged in, it popped the breaker. While our coordinator and the maintenance man at the venue tried to troubleshoot, the Peerless set-up team left, saying it wasn't their issue.

Due to timing, we had to move forward with the ceremony. The tent was cold and the lights kept going off (one of the coordinator's team members was upstairs with the breaker to flip it every time it kicked off). After we finished and went upstairs for our private moment, we both looked at each other and said, "What a shit show."

The tent was also supposed to be used for the cocktail hour, which didn't happen because it was cold and dark. Once the ceremony was done, my coordinator and the maintenance man started to look into the set-up and realized that the Peerless team had plugged all the heaters and lighting into one extension cord that went to one outlet. I'm no electrician, but I do know that when you overload a circuit, you will pop the breaker.

Once they saw this and replugged stuff in using the other available outlets on the back patio, the heather and lighting worked great and the breaker didn't pop. Unfortunately, this was 2 hours into the evening, so no one used the tent anyway.

When we were having issues, we couldn't get a hold of Peerless, despite them having an emergency line. When they finally called back, they offered to bring out a generator (that we would be charged for) but couldn't get it out there until 7 or so (again, ceremony was at 4).

Then, when we tried to contact the company after the fact to discus what happened and get a refund, it took weeks to get a call back. We finally got connected with the owner, Matt Cosby, who essentially said that they weren't responsible for the set-up. I'm sure if the tent had blown away due to faulty set-up, they wouldn't have been responsible for that either.

We requested half of our $4K back. He accused us of trying to take advantage of him - an interesting approach to customer service. After much haggling, we finally agreed to a refund of $1.3K, which was given begrudgingly.

Our coordinator told them that they have lost her business, and I have advised my friends who are getting married to steer clear. If you are lucky enough to have everything go right, I'm sure you will have a great experience. But know that they have inexperienced team members who don't know how to do a proper set-up, and if that goes awry, they will take no responsibility. For your wedding or any other event, it's worth it to go somewhere else.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Peerless Events and Tents - Dallas's reply:

Lauren – we appreciate your feedback.

There are many lessons learned upon the conclusion of your wedding, from which we’ve done our best to educate our employees going forward. At Peerless, we’re constantly striving to exceed expectations, therefore falling short is not taken lightly.

That said, there were several unique & unfortunate circumstances here which were out of our control. 1) Regarding confusion around placement of tent and power, our project manager attempted to visit the facility several days prior to install only to be restricted access by the venue; 2) given no knowledge of the venue prior to install, we only learned after the fact that this early 1900’s facility was not equipped for the extension cords we provided; 3) we were only made aware of these issues 1 hour after your ceremony start time, giving us no time to attempt to fix the problem; 4) while your coordinator had insisted on a 20-ft wide tent, we had to scramble last minute to swap this with a 15-ft wide tent given sizing limitations (again, something that could have been alleviated had we been granted prior access to the venue).

Despite little notice of any problems, our sales team and managers scrambled afterhours to make a generator available to you only to have your coordinator reject it. Going forward, we will insist that our project manager or crew lead meet with a facilities or property manager to discuss power limitations; however, this is something that traditionally should be aided by the venue.

We were extremely sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced (on your wedding day of all days!). We feel the refund we provided was more than generous to attempt to rectify the issues (many of which were out of our control). We wish you and your husband a long and prosperous marriage, and best of luck in your future rental endeavors!

Peerless Events & Tents