Peconic Bay Yacht Club Reviews

Peconic Bay Yacht Club 2
Peconic Bay Yacht Club 3
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceeded our very high expectations!

We spent three months looking at over 20 wedding venues in NYC, Hudson Valley and the Hamptons before deciding on Peconic Bay Yacht Club. It was the last place we saw and easily the most beautiful. The venue itself is pristine and the views are stunning. Even on a cloudy day it's a gorgeous spot.

John (the GM) is incredibly responsive and flexible and he's assembled an amazing team that goes above and beyond. Many of our picky guests commented on how phenomenal the food was (best wedding food we've ever had) as well as how great the staff was.

As the bride, I felt more than taken care of before and during our wedding day. All I had to do was think about needing a sip of water, and a glass would appear. It was a completely magical day that more than exceeded our expectations. We also worked with At Your Service Party Rentals for many of the extras we wanted for the event and they were outstanding.

If you want a wedding venue that has stunning water views and is extremely high touch, look no further. We couldn't possibly recommend Peconic Bay Yacht Club (and John and his team) more.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Kristen and Derek Bailie · Married on 04/14/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception

By far the BEST venue for weddings on Long Island!! John and his staff made everything so perfect, I didn’t even need to worry (especially since I was planning this from California!) I know my husband and I would do it all again at the Peconic Bay Yacht Club! ❤️

Sent on 05/20/2019

Bobbie · Married on 12/08/2018

Flawless, elevated wedding experience

To set the scene here, we don’t typically write reviews, I actually don’t think I ever have!! My husband and I are not h from NYC but spend a ton of time out in the North Fork. We just hosted our wedding at PBYC this past weekend and we are both feel very strongly about recommending the venue to anyone looking for an elevated, out of the ordinary wedding experience.

VENUE: From the moment we viewed the venue back in 2017 we knew it was the place for us. We spent so much time looking at spaces in both NYC and out east that always fell short for my very high standards. We were looking for either fall or winter timeframe and really struggled to find a venue that had the elements of water/ocean but also felt very estate like and wintery. PBYC is typically used for summer weddings given its prime North Fork waterfront location and nautical feel. What we loved most about the PBYC were the interiors in the actual building itself. The finishings/decor/layout are super classic, upscale and you can tell the owners but some money into the renovations. I don’t think I could pick a favorite room if I tried, I love them all! PBYC was a no brainer for us style wise, it fit us perfectly!

STAFF: What closed the deal for me was how truly impressive, charming (and witty) venue manager, John is. We were quite tough customers, requiring a larger than average sized party, many extras and “special requests” and John handled everything quickly and flawlessly. He even got along with my very difficult and opinionated mother (and me, I’m also really tough...) John always makes himself available, there were many times we happened to “stop by” the area with very little notice and he always accommodated a visit.

Upon our wedding day, the PBYC staff went above and beyond to ensure both families had everything they needed for getting ready/photos and bridal suites. John even helped my mom with tables and accent details, I’m pretty sure that’s not his job!!

FOOD: The food is creative, uniquely displayed, ABSOLUTELY delicious. You can tell the kitchen team takes pride in presentation and making your day a very out of the ordinary food experience for guests. The venue does a very elegant cocktail hour with a focus on passed hors d'oeuvres that are super pretty and well displayed. We chose to do a European style dinner, where guests move to the first floor ball room for a formal sit down dinner, and then back upstairs for a massive dance party. Full disclosure I was nervous how this style wedding would pan out, but it turned out amazing and we got a ton of compliments on how guests actually enjoyed not holding a plate at cocktail hour and moving on from dinner with no return to their table :) Again, so many compliments on the food - get the scallops!!

I know everyone says that their wedding was the “best wedding ever” but I’m losing count now of how many guests have gone out of their way to compliment the venue, food, party, staff, attention to detail, John himself- you name it! We’ve been to countless weddings ourselves and this was seriously the BEST party we’ve ever been apart of. It was such an elevated classy event and we are THRILLED.

Huge thank you to John and his staff for an unforgettable day. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an elevated, “not your average” wedding experience ;)

Sent on 12/10/2018

Taryn · Married on 11/03/2018

Would choose PBYC again, and again, and again

We had our wedding at PBYC in November 2018, and I have to say choosing PBYC as our reception venue and after party spot was by far the best decision we could have made. From the moment we booked we knew we would be in good hands with John. Not only was he on top of everything and very knowledgable - he was so pleasant to work with and really made us feel special. I don't think more than a few hours went by before he answered one of my emails, even on the weekends!! We had a super windy day for our wedding and unfortunately it was too cold to have cocktail hour on the deck, but it didn't even matter because the building is so beautiful - rain or shine. I am from the North Fork so I loved that we were able to serve local wine and beers. The food is also amazing - you'll understand when you get to do the tasting. John just made our lives easy from Day 1 and I couldn't have been more thrilled with how everything was executed. We did not hire a day-of coordinator, and we didn't need to because John and his staff took care of everything. Setting up the tables, lighting the candles just before the reception, making sure our place cards were set up nice on the escort card table - everything was taken care of for us. Even our band told us that PBYC was one of the easiest venues they have ever worked with. Every one of the PBYC staff members were pleasant and courteous to us and our guests and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcomed (shoutout to Billy and Noah). They were honestly phenomenal. We had purchased copper mule mugs for one of our signature drinks, which we were hoping to get back after the wedding. When we returned the day after our wedding to retrieve some things we had left there, every single one of the copper mule mugs were cleaned and re-packaged in their original boxes and ready for us to pick up. I would 100% recommend PBYC to anyone. It was worth every penny.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Allyson · Married on 10/27/2018

A perfect location to get married1

I had the pleasure of getting married at the Peconic Bay Yacht Club and it was a dream! John was helpful, organized and knowledgable from the moment we met him until the day of! The space itself is absolutely breathtaking and unique. It just so happens that a nor'easter hit the day of our wedding, but it honestly did not even make a difference to the day. We had our ceremony inside, which originally I didn't want, but it turned out perfect! We still had a view of the water and the ballroom made for a cozy, intimate spot in the midst of a storm. We were able to put up a tent on the balcony to still enjoy water views. John made sure everything ran flawlessly, right down to an amazing afterparty in the basement wine cellar. Guests are still talking about the amazing and unique food as well! Anyone would be lucky to get married here! I just wish I could do it all over again :)

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2018

Stop looking! Have. Your. Wedding. HERE! The well-manicured grass area overlooking the water, wedding party preparation areas, reception room and the upstairs bar area with HUGE balcony and very unique lantern room made for a remarkable and perfect setting for our special day! It could have not been more perfect. It is made easy given that you have the venue to yourself all day from 9 am until 1am. The staff and coordinators are extremely attentive and professional. They could not have been sweeter or more accommodating. They made our day very easy and stress free. We looked at several other venues and this one blew them all away. No detail was ignored. Oh, and we are still hearing how amazing the food was. Such an amazing place!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kristin · Married on 07/14/2018

We just returned from our honeymoon last night and the first thing we wanted to do today was write a review for John and the rest of the staff at Peconic Bay Yacht Club for giving us the wedding of our dreams. There is truly nothing we would change about our experience from the first tour we took with John to when we boarded the bus home at the end of the night. John thought of every detail, responded to every question quickly, and made us feel like we were truly part of the family. The space itself is beautifully designed, the views are surreal, and the food was out of this world. We could not recommend this venue and everything/everyone that comes with it enough. Thank you so much John for everything you did to make our big day as special as it was!!!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Peconic Bay Yacht Club and it was by far was the most magical day of our lives!!! The entire PBYC and Robbins Wolfe staff went above and beyond what we imagined. From the service, coordination, organization, set-up, menu, cuisine, drinks, and everything else, we were impressed by the planning leading up to the wedding day and execution on the big day.

John, the PBYC wedding GURU, was so helpful and responsive from the day we started many months before our actual wedding day. On the wedding day, John was our maestro leading the entire event. He solved all the small and major problems that arose (even when my guests showing up 30 min early to the reception!) and made our bridal party and family feel so welcomed and comfortable. The value for what you get at Peconic Bay Yacht Club is unrivaled. You don't have to worry or think about anything except for having a great time.

Rain or shine, the venue is beautiful and warm. The food is delicious and there's so much of it! From cocktail hour and the amazing raw bar to the butler-passed dessert parade (THINK Spiked Milkshakes! Yum), everything was flavorful and well-executed. Our guests keep mentioning that it is the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The service was impeccable and we always had someone attending to us and our guests. Overall, we could not have had a better experience. John and the whole PBYC team made our dream wedding come true. We strongly recommend booking your wedding at Peconic Bay Yacht Club. Period.

Sent on 06/15/2018
    Peconic Bay Yacht Club 4

Caitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

Peconic Bay Yacht Club provided us with the most amazing day of our lives! We looked at a few different venues on the North Fork, and within the first few minutes of arriving, immediately knew this was THE spot. My husband and I were married on the lawn overlooking the water on a sunny 65 degree day in April. While we seriously lucked out with the weather (#blessed, especially since we took a chance with no tent), it really was the only thing we had to worry about because John and his staff took care of everything and were TOP NOTCH. The entire planning process can be hectic and overwhelming, but John was there every step of the way to help answer any questions we had, day or night. Robbins Wolfe provided the most delicious and unique food options which our guests are still raving about months later (seriously never seen so many people order chicken and waffles as their entrée!)

Because the building itself is so beautiful and such an amazing space, we really wanted to use the upstairs area for more than just cocktail hour. Therefore, we decided on having our reception ‘European’ style, meaning we were able to utilize the entire building to suit our needs. It was the perfect flow of the evening- from seamlessly transitioning from indoor/outdoor cocktail hour on the upstairs deck, down to dinner in the ballroom where speeches were given while dinner was served, culminating back upstairs after the main courses to really get the party started. We had the dessert parade come out while the band played away and guests raved about being able to enjoy dessert without interrupting their dancing. We ended up doing 1.5 hour cocktail hour and the after-party downstairs, both of which I would highly recommend!

From the venue itself, the gorgeous grounds, the entire staff, to the amazing and seemingly endless amount of food and drinks, you truly get the whole package. Legit your guests will say it’s the best wedding they have ever been to and actually mean it. AMAZING!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Peconic Bay Yacht Club 5
    Peconic Bay Yacht Club 6

Mariah · Married on 10/01/2017

Our wedding at the PBYC was amazing. The manicured grounds overlooking the Peconic Bay was the perfect backdrop for our photos. The building doesn't need any dressing up.. its gorgeous. John was also so great. From beginning to end he helped every way he possibly could to make our dream wedding a reality. The food was also delicious. Everything was top of the line. You cannot go wrong with this venue. All of our guests kept saying it was one of the nicest weddings they had ever been too and we owe that all to PBYC. Thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2017
  • Z

Zyad · Married on 09/15/2017

From the moment we met John and saw the beautiful venue we knew this was the one. After an exhaustive search of venues in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the North Fork, the Hamptons and the Hudson Valley we were starting to think the venue we were envisioning did not exist. PBYC met all of our requirements and more. John was super friendly, extremely helpful and always responsive. (He would answer our many late night emails within minutes) John is the gold standard for what every venue manger should be. After our wedding we had so many people reach out to us to tell us how amazing he was. We had no major hiccups thanks to John’s attention to detail, organization and preparation.

Also, the venue is beyond stunning, it is absolutely breathtaking. From the gorgeous outdoor area on the water to the perfectly decorated interior (each area has its own personality) you will fall in love with the grounds. Throughout the day we utilized all of their spaces with an outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour on the balcony, dinner in the dining room, dancing on the 2nd floor and an after party in the Cellar Bar.

Not only is PBYC a beautiful venue, but their partnership with Robbins Wolfe catering elevates the experience. The food was unique and absolutely delicious. We are still receiving messages from our guests that they are craving the burrata! The quality of the wine and spirits is above and beyond any other venue (and trust me, we have been to a lot of weddings!)

We strongly recommend booking your big day at Peconic Bay Yacht Club. After touring the venue and meeting John you will know you ended up at the right place!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Anna · Married on 06/17/2017

The Peconic Bay Yacht Club is an absolutely incredible venue. The grounds are beautiful and the John did everything in his power to make sure our wedding absolutely perfect (and easy to plan). Almost 1 month later and we are still getting emails and calls from our wedding guests telling us how unbelievable our day was.

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • Regina

Regina Fitzpatrick · Married on 11/10/2018

Incredible. As the bride I spent a great deal of time interacting with the venue and all as terrific!!

John Ovanessian and his staff at Peconic Bay Yacht Club from pre planning to wedding day were superb. It’s a beautiful high end venue with it’s 3 levels and multi decks and incredible food, and amazing service all overlooking the water. There is nothing remotely comparable on LI. My husband and I were delighted with all and happy to recommend to others.

Sent on 11/29/2018