PB & J's Catering Reviews

29 | Concord, NC

29 Reviews for PB & J's Catering

Starr · Married on 02/17/2019

Wedding reception

They were absolutely amazing. The food was delicious and everyone loved it!! They were cost effective and great. Hire them for sure!!!!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

We have always heard of people going to weddings and having mediocre food, or not even remembering it for that matter. This was not the case for our wedding! Unfortunately, I missed the cocktail hour because of photos obviously but I heard it was great. In terms of the main course people made a point to mention how amazing the food was weeks after the wedding. Luckily, they made us a plate with everything on it and I can see why people were ranting and raving about the fried chicken. The pulled pork was perfectly cooked along with the green beans, potatoes (oh my gosh, the potatoes *faint*) , the vegetables and everything else. Seriously, we couldn't have asked for a better meal to accompany our perfect day. I have nothing but good things to say about the PB&J team and can't thank them enough for their service. I highly recommend hiring PB&J's if you want the best bang for your buck. You're going to get high-quality food and high-quality service for an affordable price. Thank you, PB&J team!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

A quick shout out to my PHENOMENAL catering company PB&J's Catering in Concord, NC. The food was amazing! I've had so many people come up to me telling me how much they loved the food and that flank steak!!!! You all did such an amazing job with my rehearsal dinner and wedding. The overlays, sashes, sash clips, chair covers, linens, chargers etc were perfect and you perfected my vision! You were so easy to talk to and work with to make the food what I wanted and to give the look I wanted. I can't thank you all enough for a job well done!!!!!

Amanda Aldridge Hood (owner of PB&J's Catering) thank you for everything! It was perfect and I loved working with you!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Lea · Married on 08/13/2016

Our daughter and new son-in-law decided to have "Breakfast For Dinner" for their wedding reception. The 150 guests absolutely loved it! Probably because ALL of the food was so delicious. We had grits with shrimp in a separate dish to go on the grits if they liked; muffins; waffle station; hash brown casserole; sausage balls; French toast casserole; and of course eggs, biscuits, and fruit. I love it when you host a party and people return for another plate of food and lots of guest did go back. It was wonderful and created such as atmosphere of fun at the reception. I greatly appreciate Amanda working so closely with us to create this menu which was a huge success.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Mimi · Married on 08/05/2016

PB&J's Catering provided the food and decor for my granddaughter's baby shower. The decorations, linens and table presentation were sensational. The food was elegantly presented and soooo yummy. The pimento bacon croissants are out of this world delicious. The sangria was the best I have ever had. Amanda went above and beyond to make the day a very special event.

Sent on 01/24/2017
  • Ellie

Ellie · Married on 07/02/2016

PB&J was FANTASTIC. Amanda was fantastic to work with! The linens were perfect and available before hand. My brother in law who did all of my decorations could not stop raving how awesome they were to work with. The wait staff was quick on everything! The leftover food was just as delicious the next day! This company is great to work with and they go above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect !

Sent on 07/10/2016

jill · Married on 06/10/2016

Food was excellent, generous pprtions,presentation great, staff professional and helpful

Sent on 06/13/2016

PB&J catered our son and his fiancee's rehearsal dinner and they went above and beyond our expectations! The presentation was exquisite and the service superb. As for the food, I can't praise it enough! Our guests are still talking about the pork tenderloin and special sauce and the dessert bar. Amanda and her staff made it so easy for us to relax and enjoy the evening with no worries whatsoever!

Sent on 05/20/2016

Hannah · Married on 02/27/2016

PB&J did an outstanding job for our reception. The food was DELICIOUS! We have received many compliments on the food from our guests! The decor matched the rest of the venue and looked amazing! Amanda and her team were very easy to work with and they ensure everything is exactly how the bride desires! I tasked them with making a surprise ice cream bar and it turned out remarkable! I will use them for everything catering need!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/11/2015

I found PB&J's through weddingwire and theknot.com. While planning a wedding 500 miles away, we knew it wouldn't be practical to get in a face to face meeting with all of the vendors. So for food, we actually sent the parents to taste test a few. All 4 parents agreed that PB&J's was the best one. They liked the variety of options and thought it would be a good fit, so we went with them without us, the bride and groom, ever tasting their food. Lainee, their event manager, was phenomenal through email. She answered all of my questions and even tweeked the menu several times, up until a month and a half before. I met with her once while in NC for a visit with family and met her at their warehouse to go over plating options and she was just great. She answered all of my questions and when I didn't like something, she pulled stuff out until I found something I thought would work. She even added a kids option on there last minute when I realized that it would probably be better for my littler cousins. The whole wedding was a blur and I never even tasted the food at cocktail hour or even got to meet Amanda or anyone else from PB&J's who was there, but I want to thank them for all of their hard work. The food was excellent. All the guests kept giving rave reviews on it all night and if I would have had time, I would have gone back for the stuffed chicken. That was my favorite part of the whole meal. I would absolutely recommend them to anybody.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Brian · Married on 10/03/2015

Our daughter got married on October 3, 2015, and the wedding was catered by these folks. It was absolutely wonderful. The food, the service, the attitude, the professionalism, any and all contact or needs we had were excellent and handled immediately and with the utmost respect. After being to many events that have been catered, there is no doubt I would rate PB&J's as one of the absolute best. And one of the best things we like about this caterer is, how diversified they are. These ladies can do everything front the fanciest of weddings, to doing our church Sunday school class Christmas party.
    Involve these ladies in your next event...you will not be disappointed.
    Thank you so much for everything you all did, to make Lindsey's wedding such a special day!
    We love y'all...
    Brian and Sherry

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

We have been married for almost two months, and our guests are still talking about how great our food was at our event. From the time we met PB&J for our tasting until the last hour of our reception, they never disappointed. When we met them for our tasting, they brought everyone we would be working with. This made us very comfortable, and we loved the perfect mix of personalities we would be working with. They served us way more food than we requested at our tasting, giving us the opportunity to taste a wide variety of their menu. After our tasting, they sat with us and talked about many options for our reception, and they were open and honest with questions we had. There was no "cookie cutter" package with them, and pricing was comparable to other caterers around. Our biggest "love" with PB&J was how fabulous the food was. There was nothing we had that we didn't like. So, of course, it took us a while to decide on our final menu, and they were very patient and worked with us to help us make the final menu. They allowed us to mix and match a menu, and even allowed me to come to their linen storage to pick our serving linens and decor. This was wonderful because I wanted to ensure the tiny details were paid attention to. However, I realized even had I not picked the linens, they would have been perfect. PB&J makes your event their number one priority, and they are very quick to respond to communication. I would pick PB&J over and over again, and you should to! You will not regret working with them for your event.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Lacey · Married on 05/31/2015

Carlos and I have been married almost 4 months (May 31st, 2015) and people still talk about how amazing the food was at our wedding and so do I! My all time favorite dish is their flank steak with Jack Daniels sauce, mashed potatoes and the vegetable medley with honey on top! I can not forget about the fruit with amaretto dip! So good!!! I am looking for every reason and excuse to use them again to eat their awesome food! They were so kind and easy going! Amanda, Susan, Lainee and Chapman thank you so much for making our wedding so fantastic! I loved every moment working with you all!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Karon · Married on 04/11/2015

OH my Gosh...if you want a beautiful display and unbelievable food this is your caterer! The food is totally unforgettable just writing about it now makes me want to have another meal. I do not know how they make EVERYTHING taste amazing! they also have on staff a decorator that makes the food look gorgeous at no extra charge. I will use PB & J's catering service for everything from now on...

Sent on 04/23/2015

I loved PB &J! I can't tell you how many people have complemented the food we had at the wedding. I remember talking to a friend at the wedding and she told me how wonderful the chicken was... I turned to my plate to try a bite but my husband had already taken my chicken of my plate because he loved his so much he ate mine as well. PB&J was wonderful from start to finish. They were willing to go above and beyond to help me stay in my budget. I am so glad I went with PB&J. I am now trying to think of other events in the future that I can use them for.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Anna · Married on 11/15/2014

Words alone will never express my deepest gratitude for a "wedding reception
    to remember". Amanda and Lainee and Susan did an amazing job. A major feat in
    my opinion!

Taking photos after the ceremony, I was not present for the cocktail hour which began immediately following the ceremony. I heard from dozens of guests that it was a
    lovely spread and very delicious. Several guests commented that their first
    impression was that there was so much to indulge in that they thought IT was
    the reception dinner! I wish I could have been there to see the butler
    passed hors'doeurves and tasted everything that was prepared.
    The dinner was delicious and the service was excellent. I was overwelmed.

PB&J's was the first caterer I have ever hired for an event and I will never hire any one other than Amanda Hood and PB&J's. We anticipate a big celebration when my husband retires and another wedding reception in a few years and I will definitely call Amanda. She has a lifelong customer in me.
    Amanda hooked me when we first met at the tasting; such a sweet person. She called me before our scheduled tasting to remind me to "come hungry". The tasting was a feast! She was so easy to work with from the main menu to additional options for children, vegetarians and those with gluten allergies. Lainee prepared a written menu suitable for printing and she prepared a gorgeous, elegant place setting for our tables. Susan, grilled the steaks on-site for 130 guests to perfection.

Sent on 11/22/2014

James · Married on 11/08/2014

Omg... They were a pleasure to work with. I have found my caterer for life. PB&J run a very professional and respectful business. Me and my new bride were blessed to find them. A+++++ service from beginning to end. Thank you again

Sent on 11/10/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/13/2014

Amanda and her team were amazing to work with! You can tell they have done this a lot. They make it easy to do business with them! The food was wonderful, the guests were happy... All 220! We also chose to get our linens from PB&Js! Lainee did an amazing job! She helped me with some big decisions and took care of everything that I asked! She is so detailed which was very important to me ! Everyone talked about how beautiful and elegant everything turned out! I'm very satisfied with the services!

Sent on 11/12/2014

These Women were such a delight to work with. They made this part of the wedding planning easy! Their food is delicious! I still get compliments on their services. I have family members who had uncommon food allergies and they were more than willing to accommodate them by making separate dishes specifically for them. We weren't just impressed with the food, but also how how professional and welcoming they were. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 11/10/2014

These caterers were fantastic. The sampling was a wonderful experience and the food at the wedding was beautiful and delicious. A+++

Sent on 08/16/2014

PB & J's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure.

Sherry · Married on 08/02/2014

Amanda was great to work with very helpful. The food was good, service was great .Lainee did a great job with the presentation. They were so easy to work with.

Sent on 08/07/2014

PB & J's Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to be a part of Ashley's big day!

Amanda, Susan and Lainee were AMAZING! PB and J's prepared an upscale seated dinner for 165 family members and close friends. From selecting the menu, to making tweaks for a few guests with special-dietary restrictions, to sitting down to dinner, our experience with PB and J's Catering was professional and authentic. Amanda, and her staff, were attentive to all our needs and requests. We cannot rave enough about the quality of the food! Our guests were blown away with not only the presentation, but the flavor of the food and the fact their meal was served hot (not warm, but hot).

Thank you PB and J's Catering for making our day your priority!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Jo Ann · Married on 06/07/2013

Knowledgeable staff that assisted us through the entire process – from menu selection based on our budget and size of our party through the table décor and setup. I could not have dreamed of a better company to cater our event. The food was just beautifully presented and tasted superb (truly 5 star) The service throughout the event was superior to any I have ever seen. Amanda, the owner and her staff were professional and fun throughout the entire planning process. I am so thankful that I found them ! Even if you think you have found a caterer you are doing your guest and yourself a disservice by not giving PB & J’s a call. Just visit during one of their tastings – YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Sent on 11/09/2013
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 01/17/2019

Absolutely amazing

Our ceremony was on 1/17/19. I remember doing a food tasting back in the spring of 2018. PB&J’s was the 2nd tasting we’d done and we were sold IMMEDIATELY. Food was great and we received so many wonderful compliments from our guests. They stated they’re used to wedding food being bland, but PB&J’s was the BEST food they’d tasted at a wedding. I would recommend them and give 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 01/21/2019