Pauline Conway Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Desiree C. Married on 06/17/2021

Pauline is AMAZING!!!

After picking the venue, a photographer was our next most important choice. We found Pauline as she was a preferred vendor at our original venue. We fell in love with her work! We actually had the opportunity to meet with her for lunch and quickly realized that she was so sweet, supportive, and patient. Due to COVID, we not only had to change our date but our venue as well! No wedding horror stories here! Pauline was completely understanding and made that process so easy for us!! I get really camera shy and she made me feel so comfortable! If you’re still looking for a photographer, look no further!! Pauline truly is “The One”!!!
  • Jeannene
    Jeannene Married on 09/05/2020

Pauline - talented, kind, supportive, and incredible!

We booked Pauline as soon as we secured our date and venue! After our first initial conversation, my fiance and I were so excited to hire her! Our engagement shoot with Pauline in Coronado was amazing! Pauline helped keep us calm and organized as we dealt with uncharacteristic rainy SD weather. She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable the whole time during our shoot and the photos were more amazing that we could've even imagined! WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE our engagement photos so much! Pauline is not only amazingly talented, she is supportive and kind beyond words. As our May 30th, 2020 wedding gets closer and the COVID-19 situation begins to push us into potentially rescheduling, Pauline has been such an amazing support system. We are truly so thankful for her and cannot wait to have her document our wedding day whenever that might be! Thank you so much Pauline!
  • Laura
    Laura P. Married on 05/03/2019

Pauline is the best!

We were introduced to Pauline by our wedding venue in San Diego and they spoke so highly of her. We also had the opportunity to flip through some wedding books of couples she had photographed and we fell in love with her style immediately.

She was by far the best decision we made for our wedding. She was so easy to work with, extremely punctual, and helpful in putting together our timeline. She even made sure to schedule in time for me to use the bathroom and take a few minutes alone before going down the aisle!

Our photos came out so beautifully and are the best keepsake from our special day. We will definitely work with her again!
    Lauren H. Married on 02/24/2019

Look no further, Pauline is amazing!!

Pauline is THE BEST! She was so amazing to work with from the beginning! She wasn't just a photographer, she became a friend throughout the months leading up to our wedding day. She made us feel so comfortable during our engagement shoot when we didn't know what to expect, she always told us how to pose which was great! I even did a boudoir shoot with her as my wedding gift to my husband. I was so scared as it was definitely out of my comfort level but she made me feel so amazing the entire time that it ended up being such a fun experience! For our wedding day, she created the best timeline to get all of the photos we wanted done! And her photo editing is just amazing, we are in love with ALL of our photos that she did and are SO glad we chose Pauline for everything!
  • Becca
    Becca Married on 08/11/2018
    My (now) husband and I are so thrilled we went with Pauline as our photographer! When we were looking for a wedding photographer, Pauline's pictures immediately caught my eye. I love her style and the romantic feel to all of her photos. What sealed the deal was her professionalism, organization, sweet nature, and passion for her job. We were not disappointed. In fact, she went above and beyond for us and well exceeded our expectations! Our engagement shoot photos came out amazing and our wedding pictures brought us to tears. At our wedding, Pauline and her second shooter were so on top of things. They went through our list of requested pictures efficiently and captured so many beautiful candids. My husband and I both get uncomfortable in front of the camera, but she was great at directing us and making it all fun. I could not be any happier with choosing Pauline as our wedding photographer and would highly recommend her! Thank you for capturing our day so beautifully!
    Jacqueline Married on 05/06/2018
    Pauline photographed our May wedding beautifully. We had been looking for a professional, friendly and talented photographer and we found everything we were looking for in Pauline. Both myself and my maid of honor used her for our recent weddings! She did our engagement photos as well! She was organized every step of the way and effortlessly answered any questions I had. Pauline made us feel comfortable and got every shot we wanted. We couldn’t have asked for more!
  • Kris
    Kris Married on 01/06/2018
    Pauline was amazing. She shot both our engagement session and our wedding and we can not thank her enough. Her energy is wonderful and she captured our love perfectly. Thank you Pauline. We are so happy to have had you be a huge part of our love story.
    Lauren Married on 11/11/2017
    SO happy we booked Pauline for our engagement photos. The session was so much fun and she was such a pleasure to work with. We received our edited photos back so fast and they all look so much better than we expected. Thank you so much Pauline!! Definitely recommending Pauline to everyone I know!
    Melissa Married on 09/03/2017
    Pauline was a dream to work with and I'm so happy we found her for our September 2017 wedding! Booking Pauline as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made. Pauline saw our vision and then took it to the next level. During our planning meeting, she was so patient with us and worked with us to create a timeline for our wedding day and helped organize which pictures we would take before the ceremony and which ones we'd take during the cocktail hour. She really helped pull the whole thing together and the timeline she created for us is what we sent to all of our other vendors which really made it a lot easier for us. She even contacted our videographer so they would be on the same page. On the day of our wedding, by the time we got to our venue, Pauline and her team were already hard at work and Pauline was so incredible at gathering our whole party and giving us direction. With all the stress of the day, it was really great to have Pauline there to keep us organized and on schedule. Pauline was so easy to work with, so kind and friendly, always answered my emails right away and most importantly, she did an amazing job! We received our sneak peek gallery and the pictures turned out incredible and we can't wait to see the rest of our album. Pauline and her team far exceeded all my expectations and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone!
    Samantha Married on 03/03/2017
    Pauline was such a savior at our wedding. From the start she helped us find other vendors by making recommendations. She made the day of timeline which was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. She was flexible with last minute changes and photo requests. Communication with her was natural and easy. The day of the wedding her calm attitude put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. I never felt awkward or forced while she was shooting. She helped to direct everyone else around so I could soak in all the moments. I even had a member of the wedding party say that she thanked everyone who took photos for their time and it was such a nice gesture. My mother in law thought that her team and the videographer team were together, which shows just how easy and natural it is to work with her. I highly recommend Pauline for wedding photography!
    Nicole Married on 02/04/2017
    My goodness, Pauline was truly one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. She is warm, engaging, and great at allowing us to be natural while also making sure our photos turned out fabulous!

First, our engagement photos made me so excited for the ways she would capture our wedding day because she effortlessly captured our love and the fun that we have together. I loved all the shots and her recommendations for places to take them were phenomenal, we had such a hard time choosing!! All the photos were wonderful!!

She also sent a through questionnaire pertaining to all things day-of. It really helped to work through timeline and made me answer questions I didn't even think to ask!
    Also, she was so relaxed, carefree, and efficient on the day of our wedding. She faded into the background when appropriate and rose to the occasion when getting family members and bridal party engaged when needed. When I received our photos all I could say was I was overwhelmed but how perfectly she captured every element of our day from getting ready to first look to family portraits to getting down on the dance floor. I'm so unbelievably thankful that she was our photographer!

I absolutely LOVE all the photos and am grateful for the gift she's given us of being able to remember our wedding day for years and years to come.

Thank you Pauline for being a huge gift to us on our wedding day and in our wedding season - and if anyone is looking for a photographer for their special day, do not hesitate at choosing Pauline!!
    Natsumi Married on 11/04/2016
    I hired Pauline for my wedding six days ago, and my experience with her was amazing.

She was so professional, but made me feel so comfortable at the same time. My husband is very uncomfortable in front of the camera, but he had no problems with Pauline.

She gives great direction, but also allows you to be yourselves. I have such a love for soft, romantic photographs and that is exactly what Pauline delivered for my wedding day. She is such a professional. It wasn't even just the photography that I was impressed about, her professionalism and knowledge were beyond belief. She made sure she knew exactly what she was walking into, and I felt like I could relax on my wedding day because she knew exactly where I had to do with who to be in what picture.

All of my family are raving about what an amazing job she has done with the preview that she posted online. I am in love, and would use her for every occasion if I lived in San Diego.

She was so so so perfect.
    I absolutely recommend her to anyone & everyone. I am so excited to see how they turned out!

Her vision and talents are so so beautiful!
    Ariana Married on 10/15/2016
    Pauline is the most amazing photographer anyone could ever ask for!!! She was so easy to work with, fun, professional, organized, and went above and beyond throughout the whole process! She captured the most amazing moments, emotions, and joy that we experienced on the most magical day of our lives! Kyle and I are not the most comfortable when it comes to having my picture taken, but Pauline and her assistant made us so comfortable!

Our pictures are STUNNING! I can’t even find the words to describe how beautiful they turned out! From our emails and phone conversations she was able to capture the romantic and airy style, candid pictures, and posed pictures filled with lots of smiles, laughs, and so much love! They captured all the shots we requested as well as so much more. Pauline, thank you so so so very much! It has been months since our wedding on October 15, 2016 and we are still looking through our pictures daily! I would and will recommend you to all friends and family moving forward. For any exciting life moments ahead, expect us giving you a call! We absolutely love everything! Thank you so very much!!! You are so talented Pauline, and I truly look forward to see all of your posts on social media with your work!
    Rachel Married on 10/01/2016
    You simply can't go wrong with Pauline. She is so sweet and easy to work with and made our wedding day stress-free and lovely. We are THRILLED with our photos and absolutely loved working with Pauline. I wish we lived in CA so we could work with her more often!
    Danielle Married on 09/10/2016
    Pauline Conway is AMAZING! She captured the most spectacular day of our lives and made sure our day was everything we imagined and more. The pictures turned out gorgeous and she really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera.
    Lindsay Married on 08/13/2016
    Pauline's photography is stunning! We are so thankful we booked her after our planner (Korie of Bliss Events) recommended her. Her prices are extremely fair and the quality of her photos is just beautiful. Our wonderful experience with her started when we had our engagement session in October 2015. The session was so comfortable and Pauline did a great job helping us pose and not to feel nervous in front of the camera. We had planned to use some of the e-session photos for our save-the-dates and were not disappointed! It was hard to choose which photo to use!

For our wedding day, we had Pauline and one assistant from the morning when we were getting ready, until we did our wedding exit at night. She captured all of the special moments throughout the day and we are so thankful to her for that. Our wedding was full of love, joy, and fun, and Pauline captured all of it!

You will not go wrong choosing Pauline! We cannot wait to use her again in the future for more couple and family photos!
    Ryan Married on 07/22/2016
    Pauline is an absolutely incredible photographer! She took our engagement and wedding photos, and we could not have been happier with her work. My wife and I felt comfortable around her the first time we met her. We had never had professional photos taken of us before and Pauline helped to calm our nerves right away. She was professional, her photos turned out amazing, and she is an even better person.
    Kiana Married on 05/21/2016
    Pauline is everything we could have ever dreamed of with a wedding photographer! We really got to know her style with our engagement photo session and knew we were in great hands for our special day. She pays close attention to details and really helps guide both of you for the perfect shot. All of her photos had gorgeous colors because Pauline really takes into account lighting. PLUS she is super sweet and really fun to be around. What more could you ask for? P.S. She's very affordable! Sold yet? :)

Pauline Conway Photography's reply:

Sweet Kiana! Your wedding day was amazing! I loved how you incorporated both your personalities throughout the wedding~ made it that much more special. Looking forward to what the future holds for you and Dew! xoxoxo
    Joey Married on 04/30/2016
    Pauline is truly amazing at what she does. We had the pleasure of working with Pauline for both our engagement photos and our wedding day! We couldn't be happier with the quality of our photos and the enjoyable experience we had working with Pauline.

Engagement Photos:
    We are not from San Diego, so Pauline helped scout out locations and gave me plenty of options for where to have our shoot. She was easily accessible and quick to respond throughout the whole planning process. Once we met up on the day of our shoot she was professional and easy to be around. She helped us past the awkward "we don't know what we are doing" stage, and really helped coach us into gorgeous shots. Pauline was honest and she wasn't afraid to re-position us if we defaulted to an unflattering angle - I LOVED THIS. You want a photographer with a detail oriented eye who knows how to create the best shots during portraits!

Wedding Day:
    Professional, organized, and wonderfully talented! Pauline completely nailed it on our wedding day. Not only did we love our photos, but she was a joy to have around throughout the whole day. She brought along a second shooter who was equally wonderful and the two of them worked great together to capture all the shots that we requested. Pauline was flexible and easy-going throughout the whole planning process, she offered plenty of insight which ended up making the day run so smoothly. She stayed on time throughout the whole day and because of her organization my wedding was stress-free!

Here is a beautiful blog post of our wedding that will give you an idea of her style: http://www.artfullywed.com/real-couples/weddings/la-jolla-waterfront-wedding/
    Megan Married on 04/09/2016
    Pauline was the photographer for our wedding in April 2016 and we are so glad that we chose her! She is very organized, professional, friendly, talented, and creative. Pauline had helpful ideas for the wedding day timeline which made the day run smoothly. She listened to what was important to my husband and I and made sure to get those moments and shots captured. We received our wedding photos back in a timely manner and love how they turned out! Pauline and her second shooter made everyone feel comfortable while taking photos. I would highly recommend Pauline. She is wonderful to work with and takes beautiful photographs!

Pauline Conway Photography's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for your sweet words! Your wedding day was full of so much love. I wish you both all the best!
    Claire Married on 12/11/2015
    Wonderful and Professional!

Pauline was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was the photographer at my Christmas wedding in December 2015 and I’m so thankful that I hired her! From day one, she was organized and efficient. She would always email me back within an hour, which I loved!! At our first meeting, she came full of energy and excited to hear my ideas and share her experience. She is kind and professional! Pauline is also so creative and artistic. She was able to capture the magical moments of my wedding and reception (all indoors), in addition to taking beautiful outdoor portraits at sunset. Her style is romantic and timeless. I was so impressed by her willingness to go above and beyond in every area. I definitely recommend Pauline!

Pauline Conway Photography's reply:

Claire, your wedding was nothing short of stunning! I loved how classic and timeless you and Colin looked. Your wedding showcased what was important to you both and had so many beautiful intimate elements to it. It was such a pleasure to have captured your beautiful day!
    Christina Married on 10/17/2015
    I am so glad that I hired Pauline Conway as my wedding photographer!! To me, finding a good photographer is the most important thing to do when planning a wedding. During our first consultation a year ago, I explained my vision and what I was looking for. Her style fit perfectly with what I wanted. Our package included an engagement shoot. Pauline met with us for several hours that day, and captured some truly amazing photographs. We loves them so much that we used the pictures for our save the dates and for our invitations. On the day of the wedding, Pauline and her second shooter, Evelyn arrived on time and had a fantastic attitude. Pauline is so fun to work with! My husband and I don't love getting our picture taken, but she put us at ease and made the whole process fun. Pauline has an eye for what will and will not work in the pictures, and she was able to get some truly incredible shots! One of my friends who got married the weekend before me saw our engagement pictures. She was amazed and somewhat envious because, although her photographer was great, did not have the same quality, technique, or amount for pictures as Pauline for for us as the price they paid for theirs. I HIGHLY recommend Pauline! She is fun, spunky, and professional. She was extremely responsive to emails and put us as ease during the entire process. Thank you Pauline!!
    Debbie Married on 09/26/2015
    I was looking for a photographer that was romantic and fresh and natural. I received all three and more with Pauline. Her style is beautiful and organic and her use of lighting brings out such rich colors in the images. I have received so many compliments on my engagement shoot so far that I am ecstatic for our wedding this fall. Her prices are great and she is able to create a la carte packages to satisfy your needs. Truly talented and the sweetest! You can't ask for more during such a special time as your wedding. Pauline also does family and individual shoots, too!
    Hayley Married on 06/06/2015
    I cannot say enough about Pauline and how wonderful and talented she is!! Pauline did our engagement photos and our wedding this past June. She made us feel comfortable during our engagement session, so we were totally ready for pictures on our wedding day! She was incredibly professional and extremely organized. Thanks to her planning and organization, our wedding day ran like clockwork. Pauline had a list of family/wedding party shots that we wanted, and she made sure she got every one of those. Pauline went above and beyond the job description of "photographer." Not only was she amazing to work with, our photographs turned out better than we could have ever imagined! They have a soft, romantic feel to them, and she captured every moment that was important to us. We continue to look through our pictures months later and are able to relive the happiest day of our lives.