Paula Player Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Catherine H. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing!!!

Paula and her team were amazing! They were very professional and took fabulous shots of the bridal party and family. We could not be happier!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/02/2021

Memorable and Fun!

Paula and her team did an amazing job making our wedding day fun and memorable! It was a great experience!
    Carly L. Married on 09/11/2021

Amazing South Carolina Coastal Wedding

Paula and her team photographed my engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day. My husband and family and I are blown away at the photos from that weekend! When I was searching for a photographer, Paula was quick to respond to my inquiry and I could tell right away that she would be a good fit. She made every event very fun and kept me and my bridesmaids belly-laughing all day. She is very creative and artistic, which shows in her photos - they are truly gorgeous. She truly listens to you and wants to make your vision come to life, and she is always ready to provide direction and expertise. Her team is amazing as well. Her husband David videographed the weekend for us, and we absolutely love the product - check out Player Films. She also brought multiple other shooters to the wedding in order to make sure we got the most out of our time with her. They captured the beauty of both my venues, the joy that my guests had while mingling and dancing, and the love that surrounded us on our beautiful wedding day. I seriously had a "dream team" beside me on my most special weekend, and Paula was a huge piece of that! She is extremely efficient and professional, and had our final pictures to us within 4 weeks after the wedding. She is worth every penny and I can't recommend her enough!!! We
  • Renee
    Renee R. Married on 05/23/2021

Amazing experience!!

Where do I even begin? Paula and her team are absolutely incredible. First, I want to commend Paula on her kindness and empathy towards us when we had to postpone our wedding due to covid shutdowns. Paula was very accommodating and handled our rescheduling with ease. When we first started looking for photographers back in 2019, I had seen some of Paula’s work from a friend’s wedding and instantly fell in love! Paula goes for the natural, candid shots that show the raw emotion, which is exactly the style we were looking for. Prior to our wedding, I did a bridal portrait session with Paula. Paula traveled to my grandmother’s house for the shoot with no hesitation. Paula made me feel comfortable and beautiful the entire shoot – seriously, she is the best hype-woman! The photos she captured are breathtaking. After the shoot, Paula stayed and shared conversation and so many laughs with me and my family. It was so special and meant so much to build our relationship!
    For the wedding, we had Paula and her assistant, Grace, photograph our wedding, and David was our videographer. They were all professional, organized, and so fun! Between the three of them, they captured everything. The photos are just stunning and bring back all of our wedding emotions. Paula and Grace captured all aspects of our wedding day perfectly. Paula was so bubbly and fun the whole time and kept the atmosphere relaxed. We have only seen a sneak peek of our wedding video, but let me tell you, I cry every time I watch it. David also set up and perfectly executed a livestream for us. We received so many compliments from those who tuned in! David had the camera set up at the perfect angle and had microphones on our officiant and the groom to ensure great sound quality. Throughout the ceremony and reception, we barely even noticed Paula, Grace, and David were around! Not once were any of them invasive.
    Paula and David are very personable, which made us comfortable throughout our entire experience with the both of them. We cannot recommend Paula for photography and David for videography enough for weddings! If I could, I would give 100 stars! Thank you for absolutely everything! xoxo
    Georgia W. Married on 04/10/2021

The BEST photographer!

Paula Player and her team are incredible! They are so friendly and personable, and captured my wedding weekend absolutely flawlessly! We had a large wedding party, and they were able to keep everything under control and organized. I HIGHLY recommend Paula and her team! They are the best!!
    Kelly V. Married on 12/18/2020

Dream team

Paula and her husband David are hands down the best wedding photographers. The two of them are so professional but FUN at the same time. Our entire bridal party and both of our families loved them both. Everyone was laughing the entire time. These guys seriously are the best people to work with. Paula is the best hypewoman you could ever ask for. We would work with them over and over and over again. And not to mention the photos turn out absolutely perfectly!! We loved everything they did for us on our wedding day and beyond. I absolutely love these people.
  • Paula
    Paula Z. Married on 11/14/2020

Incredible Photographer

PAULA 😭😭 I am forever grateful for you. You and David were a blessing to us. I love how patient and so professional you are. I know that my wedding pictures are going to be amazing.

Also, thankful for you just being there yesterday during my bride moments ha. I just know you’ll be in our lives forever.

My pictures are stunning, my heart is beyond happy!!
    Anna R. Married on 12/07/2019

Paula is Wonderful!

Paula is absolutely amazing! She photographed our wedding and made the entire process so easy and fun. From our first meeting we knew she was perfect for us. You can tell she genuinely cares about capturing the perfect photos for you. Being photographed can be awkward and weird but with her, we laughed and smiled and just had a great time. And bonus, our photos turned out beautiful. We couldn’t be happier and are so thankful for all Paula has done for us.
  • Alexx
    Alexx A. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Detail Oriented Photographer

Paula Player is an amazing photographer and puts her heart into everything she does. I knew that I didn't have to worry about any photos and that she would capture all of the best moments. It was all about the in-between moments and capturing the spirit of the wedding. There were even drone photos taken! Paula was there every step of the way and made sure we got everything we wanted.
  • Catherine
    Catherine H. Married on 09/02/2019

So Wonderful!

Paula and her crew are amazing! She made the process leading up to the day so easy and made sure to make the timeline exactly how we envisioned! She also knew all the vendors we were using, which was great for coordinating purposes. On the day of, she was so upbeat and happy...it spread to the crowd. My now husband is not a picture person but she was able to make him comfortable and get great shots. Not only is she amazing to work with, her pictures speak for themselves. We are in love with every picture we got! Can not recommend her more!
    Christine D. Married on 03/30/2019

Incredible photos and experience!!!

Paula and her team are incredible! When I first started to look for photographers for my daughters wedding, I reviewed photos of weddings in our area. There is a distinct difference in the way that Paula captures the beauty and emotions of her clients. I can see in her work the passion she has!!! It was a pleasure to have her photograph our daughters wedding. I highly recommend Paula and her team. You will not be disappointed!!!
    Virginia P. Married on 03/02/2019

Paula is amazing!!

Thrilled to have the opportunity to write my second review for Paula Player Photography. Paula and her assistants photographed my daughter's wedding at DeBordieu Club on March 2nd, 2019. They managed to capture photos of the wedding day lunch for our guests, the groom and his groomsmen at the house where they were getting ready, the bride and her bridesmaids at the house where they were getting ready, and then of course pictures of the First Look, family pictures, amazing pictures of the ceremony and then the reception. They got it all! And the pictures are amazing!! Paula spent a lot of time prior to the wedding talking with my daughter about the pictures she wanted, where she wanted the pictures to be, etc. And the day went flawlessly! Paula photographed our older daugher's wedding in December of 2017, so we knew we wanted to hire her again. One of the best decisions we made for the wedding! Paula is easy to work with, yet knows how to move things along, which can be tough when you have a large wedding party and large families. She made my daughter and her husband feel completely at ease so that the pictures of them really capture their personality. Plus, she is just so talented and was able to take advantage of all the beautiful nature around DeBordieu as well as the amazing, romantic fog that rolled in just as the ceremony began. Thank you, Paula!
    Noel Married on 12/01/2018

Best Photographer Around!

Paula and her team are absolutely fabulous!!! Their energy is so uplifting and positive and they deliver magazine worthy results. They made our whole wedding experience so comfortable and fun for everyone. They captured all of our best, genuine moments. Every time I look back at our pictures, I feel like I'm living in the moment all over again. We received our photos a month after our wedding and I could not be more pleased. Paula and her team work so hard to provide the best experience - you will NOT be disappointed.
    Nicole Married on 10/20/2018

Her keen eye brought beauty to our photos

Our photos are awe inspiring and magazine worthy. We can’t get enough!! We are so thankful for Paula’s services! She did a wonderful job capturing the beauty of our perfect day!!
  • F
    Frances Married on 10/13/2018

Paula is truly incredible!

Paula is truly incredible! From the first phone call my fiancé and I had with Paula, we immediately knew she was the right fit for us and everything we were looking for in a photographer. She is extremely passionate about her work and such a talented photographer. Paula makes an effort to get to know the couple so the experience feels very personalized. Leading up to the wedding, Paula was very responsive with any questions we had and worked with us to ensure we captured the family photos we were really focused on getting.

Paula and her brother, Pablo, create a fantastic duo and make the entire process enjoyable and fun. When we met Paula for our Rehearsal Dinner (she did the photos for both our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding), we immediately felt like we had known her for years. My fiancé and I had never taken professional photos together, but Paula helped put us at ease and made the whole process feel very natural. Our whole bridal party raved about how well Paula was able to keep the group organized and on schedule, all while making sure everyone was laughing and smiling the whole day.

We received our photos about a month after our wedding and they are absolutely stunning! We have already received so many compliments on how beautiful the photos are - Paula is truly an artist. Overall, I highly recommend Paula for your wedding or any professional photos you may want done. The entire process from the first call through the wedding weekend and receiving the photos after was incredible!
    Bill Married on 06/01/2018
    Paula and Pablo did an excellent job with our wedding photography. They were fun and very professional. They were very organized which helped us get through the standard set of pictures in a short amount of time which allowed us to enjoy more of our wedding day. During the reception they seemed invisible. They were never in the way, but captured amazing photos at the same time and every time I wanted to get a photo I would look up and either Paula or Pablo were right there like they knew I wanted to capture that moment. I can't say enough good things about Paula Player Photography! Thank you for perfectly capturing our special day!
    Amber Married on 05/19/2018
    Paula and Pablo were amazing during our wedding! So accommodating and nice! Our photos are the BEST! We unfortunately ran into rain, but they made the best of it and were able to get amazing shots and even during golden hour the sunset came through! Thank you for taking the time to get those shots for us! She is always relaxed and calm, she has talent! Thanks Paula!!
    Sarah Married on 05/05/2018
    Do you want breathtaking photos? Do you want to enjoy working with a vendor? Do you want to feel relaxed and 10/10 attractive while taking photos for your wedding? Then stop your search right now because you've found your dream photographer. No really, you've arrived. I could not recommend Paula and Pablo more - they're the absolute best!! Their work honestly speaks for itself - they take incredibly beautiful photographs and I can truly say there almost isn't a bad pic in the many hundreds from our wedding. Paula knew the best spots to take our stunning engagement photos (which was important because we live in NY!) and totally nailed the outdoor lighting for our beach ceremony. But what was so amazing and unique about Paula and Pablo was how FUN they are and how easy they make being the subject of all the photos feel!! Not being professional models ourselves, posing for photos felt a little unnatural for us at first. But within literally minutes of our engagement photos, Paula had us cracking up, whispering non-sense to each other, and thoroughly enjoying the experience more than we could have anticipated. And that was just the prelude to the wedding day itself. Paula and Pablo were professional, punctual, organized, and totally adaptable to our wishes and wants. They kept things light and easy but also kept us on track to make sure we got all the shots we requested. They are the perfect mix of being a fly on the wall and capturing the natural moments without you noticing and giving just the right amount of direction to get those money shots. We honestly can't stop looking at our photos and reliving the most magical weekend of our lives and we 100% have Paula and Pablo to thank for that. Please do yourself the favor of hiring these all stars. It's one of the best decisions you could make!! THANK YOU PAULA AND PABLO!!!
    Hannah Married on 05/02/2018
    The pics came out great and Paula is a blast to work with
    Caitlin Married on 04/26/2018
    One of my best wedding planning decisions! I would give Paula 10 stars if I could. If you're looking for an intimate and personalized depiction of your wedding day, Paula (and her team) is your girl! I can't tell you how grateful I am for her professionalism, calm demeanor, ability to think on her feet and still capture all the shots I envisioned to capture on my wedding day. In Paula's eyes, each client is different with a different set of needs. She listened so carefully to my wants and needs and made sure they were exceeded on my wedding day. There's no pushiness with Paula that comes along with the stereotypical photographer. If you're done with photos and want to enjoy your reception, works with her. If you want more sunset shots, Paula is ready. Everything flowed so seamlessly and Paula played a huge factor in that. She reads her clients and knows when to give and let go. On one of the biggest days of your life, it's the little things that make all the difference, and you'll be so thankful you chose Paula Player Photography. Photos are one of the only things you take away from your wedding day, make sure you choose the right person to hold that responsibility. I cannot recommend Paula enough and my walls will remind me of that for years to come. XOXO - Caitlin
    Andrea Married on 01/18/2018
    Paula Player Photography is hands down, the best wedding photographer to date! She is super talented! As a model, I’ve worked with a lot of photographers but she’s is AMAZING!!! Do yourself a favor and book Paula Player! You will have beautiful memories to share for a lifetime and you’ll never be more impressed with another photographer! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU PAULA!!! My husband and I are sooo in love with our pictures!!!
    Georgialee Married on 01/13/2018
    Paula is amazing! From the first day we started working with her she listened to everything we wanted and had so much patience. She and Pablo were so fun! On the day of we danced, sang and laughed all day with them. You can tell how much this means to them.. they have true talent and you can see their love for photography. Our final pictures were everything we could imagine.. so breathtaking and you can tell she took time with every picture to make it perfect. We couldn’t have chosen a better photographer/guest for our wedding.
    Gingie Married on 12/16/2017
    Can’t say enough great things about Paula and Pablo and Paula Player Photography. First, they are both so gracious and easy to get along with. Our groom is not exactly a fan of being photographed, but Pablo made it fun for him (and all the groomsmen). Paula is lovely and so nice to be around. But, most importantly, the pictures of my daughter’s wedding day are absolutely gorgeous. Stunning. I’m the mother of the bride and I know I’m biased, but I honestly think every single picture should be in a bride’s magazine. Paula was able to capture the love and romance, as well as the fun and the party! She is so very, very talented, and her pictures clearly reflect that. Thank you, Paula!

Sabrina Married on 11/12/2017
    Paula is an artist! We hired Paula for our wedding in Charleston. She is passionate about her work, creative, and so professional! I've worked with Paula before on some headshots and engagement photos and loved her work already. On the day of the wedding though, I was even more impressed than ever! She and her talented brother Pablo took care of everything. Before the wedding, she set up a timeline and led us all through the shoot effortlessly. She has such a positive energy and made everyone feel relaxed. She was also so sweet when giving direction to our parents during the family photos. Don't hesitate to book Paula Player for your wedding or family photos. She is amazing! Did I mention we LOVE our photos? Obsessed!
    Ashley Married on 11/04/2017
    Paula Player Photography was THE best investment I had at my wedding! (Other than the groom!;) She brought along an assistant which was not in the package we bought! She even had our images back in three weeks! She also did my bridal portraits which turned out better than I ever could imagined! Highly recommend and will be using again!!